Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Death metal.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:07 pm 

[quote author=aquabot link=board=rant;num=1132936112;start=150#150 date=02/11/06 at 11:32:38]Congratulations, King. ;D[/quote]<br><br><br>Hahhaa thanks man. I'm well chuffed.  ;D ;D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:29 pm 

[quote author=Disco Boy link=board=rant;num=1132936112;start=105#119 date=02/07/06 at 00:31:49]Death Metal is good for a laugh. But if you take it seriously, then you need help.[/quote]<br><br>No. Death Metal is a genuine form of music, and it should be taken seriously. A few years ago, I probably would have agreed with you, back then I couldn't stand the stuff. Now, Death Metal is probably my favourite music other than Zappa - it just takes a little time to get used to and appreciate - much the same as Zappa.<br><br>To list some of my favourite DM bands - not all strictly DM though: (*'d ones are bands that I've seen live ;D<br><br>Vader*<br>Necrophagist*<br>Cryptopsy*<br>Decaptiated*<br>Gorerotted*<br>Aborted*<br>Death<br>Behemoth<br>Akercocke<br>Nile*<br>Children of Bodom*<br>Hate Eternal*<br>Opeth*<br>Graveworm*<br>Obituary<br>Wintersun*<br>The Black Dahlia Murder*<br>Nevermore*<br>Meshuggah*<br>Hypocrisy<br>Cannibal Corpse<br>Atheist<br>Carcass<br>Bolt Thrower*<br>At the Gates<br>Dying Fetus<br>In Flames (old)*<br>Mendeed*<br>The Faceless*<br>Vital Remains*<br>Suffocation*<br>Pestilence<br>Vesania*<br>Entombed*<br>Solefald<br>Angelcorpse<br>Dark Funeral<br>Krisiun*<br>Straping Young Lad<br>Zyklon*<br>Amon Armarth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:18 pm 

[quote author=Robb link=board=rant;num=1132936112;start=150#153 date=02/17/06 at 21:29:45]<br><br>No. Death Metal is a genuine form of music, and it should be taken seriously. [/quote]<br><br>Do I have to take the band names seriously as well?<br>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:24 pm 

lol, I'd probably advise against it. Yes, death metal band names and lyrics are competely stupid. So what? you can't decipher them anyway :P

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:07 am 

well, let's for example take this (arbitrarily chosen) bit of lyical genius from cannibal corpse's "rotting head":<br><br>Genital lacerating, anal asyphyxiation<br>Blockade of bowel passage, defacation, hemmorage<br>Cadaverous mutilation, metamorphial radiation<br>Devourance of arteries, decapitated extremeties<br>Cranial excavation, cerebral liquidation<br>Brain turned to soup, ears are dripping goop...<br><br><br>or necrophagists "mutilate the stillborn":<br><br>Dismembering - to chop her body I begin<br>Bastard - bastard inside<br>Disfiguring - abdominal wall is opening<br>Offal - come to sight<br><br>Malintention, to chop the foetus I intent, hateful am I<br>Vile malodours, rancid odours I perceive<br>I'm getting high...<br><br><br>perhaps stupid isn't the right word, but let's be honest, most DM lyrics are pretty shit - but feel free to prove me wrong on that.<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:04 am 

Quote:
<br>perhaps stupid isn't the right word, but let's be honest, most DM lyrics are pretty shit - but feel free to prove me wrong on that.
<br><br>Nice to see another DM head around these parts.  :D Nice list you got up there.<br><br>As for non-shit DM lyrics, CRYPTOPSY are the masters. Lord Worm is one of my favourite lyricists. Third only to FZ and Beefheart.  ;D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:47 am 

CC got all that "medical journal" speak - type - lyrics from Carcass, who are undoubtably the masters of DM lyrics........

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:10 am 

[quote author=king2.1 link=board=rant;num=1132936112;start=150#160 date=02/18/06 at 10:04:45]<br><br>Nice to see another DM head around these parts.  :D Nice list you got up there.<br><br>As for non-shit DM lyrics, CRYPTOPSY are the masters. Lord Worm is one of my favourite lyricists. Third only to FZ and Beefheart.  ;D[/quote]<br><br> ;D I met Lord Worm last week in Glasgow before seeing them live on the Domination tour (Cryptopsy, Vesania, Aborted, Grave, Dew Scented, Hurt Locker). I was just walking down the street and I saw him and the guitarist walk into Woolworth's (not the most 'death metal' of situations I'll grant you!), and I was like "Holy shit it's Lord Worm!", so I went and had a chat with him. He's a cool guy.<br><br>I also met Flo after the gig, that man is one unreal drummer :o

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:41 am 

[quote author=Robb link=board=rant;num=1132936112;start=150#163 date=02/18/06 at 11:10:40]<br><br> ;D I met Lord Worm last week in Glasgow before seeing them live on the Domination tour (Cryptopsy, Vesania, Aborted, Grave, Dew Scented, Hurt Locker). I was just walking down the street and I saw him and the guitarist walk into Woolworth's (not the most 'death metal' of situations I'll grant you!), and I was like "Holy shit it's Lord Worm!", so I went and had a chat with him. He's a cool guy.<br><br>I also met Flo after the gig, that man is one unreal drummer :o[/quote]<br><br><br>Woolworths, hehehe... Nice. I hope to see them live in NYC in April. Definately my favourite death metal band.  ;D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:24 am 

Such as Insidious Decrepancy, a rather fantastic one man project who have recently released there second album, "The Inerrancy of Profanation"... <br><br>Ridiculously long song titles and lyrics about murder and sex, but the riffs are absolutely fantastic and the vocals are some of the best in the Brutal DM world.  8)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:46 am 

Woah, what the fuck mate. Calm down.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:01 pm 

why dont yall just pull your heads out your asses and realise as long as OTHER music forms exists people are gunna like them or not. simple as that. not worth arguing about as if your opinion is bible truth, really.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:52 am 

how 'bout those who don't give a fuck about DM leave the thread, and those who do, stay...  8)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:31 am 

NAPALM DEATH and KREATOR lastnight in Portland,Or.!!! Best ND EVER sounded totally on the mark even dedicated a cover song by Cryptic Slaughter, to the legendary Portland native  Pig Champion of Poisen Idea, cant believe he's still gone,(RIP brother :'()!!!<br>    Kreator to was kick ass as well.  Milli was such a cool guy he signed my ticket, talked a bit about the old metal days, told him Iv seen them about 5 times now, and how cool it was for them to make it back to the states. Was really good to see them two bands once again, in one night even.<br>  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next