Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: re: coffee drinkers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:38 pm 

after many years as a die-hard coffee drinker, my stomach cried out for mercy one day, so now it's tea during the week & coffee on weekends...a colleague took me up into chinatown & introduced me to high-end chinese tea; they have a hundred varieties that cost anywhere from $35 to $188 per pound; a couple of quarter pounds last me almost 2 months<br><br>put some hot water in a pint glass to heat it up, dump it & put a small amount - enough to roll a medium size doob - of loose tea in the bottom of the glass, add water (makes its own sauce)...re-fill it couple of times in the morning with the black tea, the switch over to the organic 40%-fermented oolong in the afternoon; goes down quite nicely<br><br>no muss, no fuss, no filters or tea strainers needed with a good quality tea; it all sinks to the bottom after 4 or 5 minutes & it's got more caffiene than any coffee....they give out small samples of whatever they're brewing that day, we tried some black king's tea one day, the $168 a pound shit, a large thimble full & walked out of there fucking wired, sweating & buzzed for a couple hours<br><br>[table][tr][td]Image[/td][td]Image[/td][/tr][tr][td][center]oolong[/center][/td][td][center]black[/center][/td][/tr][/table]

Post subject: Re: Coffee Drinkers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:34 pm 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=rant;num=1076680414;start=60#72 date=03/23/05 at 14:48:31]<br>[center]Image[/center][/quote]<br><br>THAT'S ME  :o :o :o :o :o<br>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:13 am 

[center]<br>Image<br>Image<br>[img]<br>http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/112501/coffee-depressant.gif[/img]<br> 8)<br>[/center]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:57 am 

I have never ever even tasted coffee,i got enough vices as it is now

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:27 pm 

[center]Image<br><br> The Last Coffee Break[/center]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:21 pm 

Here's a "cocktastic" cup of coffee...hahaha.<br><br>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrlipring/8857633/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:08 pm 

Favorite Coffee Drinking song has to be a number featured on the Dr. Demento Show entitled Stress by Jim's Big Ego. Lots o' Laffs ;)<br>http://www.bigego.com/moodyfood/stress2000.html ;D<br>[center]Image[/center]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:17 pm 

Has anyone heard anything else by Jim's Big Ego? Probably one of the better bands that could be described as soul-folk.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:40 am 

Yes indeed, I love coffee. I used to believe I liked instant coffee, amazing. I grind a mix of two thirds strong dark roasted espresso beans and one third mild light roasted mocha kenya beans. I use a drip filter setup - plunger coffee gives me heart burn - and brew it up pretty strong. I have four large cups of this a day. It's my only chemical vice. I love the process of making the coffee almost as much as drinking it as the smell in the air after grinding the beans is just irresistable.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:42 am 

[quote author=polydigm link=board=rant;num=1076680414;start=90#91 date=11/30/05 at 02:40:44]Yes indeed, I love coffee. I used to believe I liked instant coffee, amazing. I grind a mix of two thirds strong dark roasted espresso beans and one third mild light roasted mocha kenya beans. I use a drip filter setup - plunger coffee gives me heart burn - and brew it up pretty strong. I have four large cups of this a day. It's my only chemical vice. I love the process of making the coffee almost as much as drinking it as the smell in the air after grinding the beans is just irresistable.[/quote]<br><br>Sounds great!<br><br>I love coffee too, and take it very seriously... only the best <br>is good enough for me, haha<br><br>To make it, I use one of these devises...have no idea what its<br>called in inglese<br><br>Image<br><br><br>IB ;D<br>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:36 pm 

In OZ they're just called coffee plungers. I have honestly never before until yesterday heard of a French Press when I was doing some research on the net and I thought they were talking about something else. Now I know they meant coffee plunger. That's one of the things I referred to in my last post in this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:06 am 

Sadly...I love coffee but inherited a nice little "issue" from my mom which sometimes makes my heart palpitate, out of control,  if I have too much caffeine....so....enjoy some joe for me! ;D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:33 pm 

WTF? Why did this old thread pop up? Odd....  ;D ;D It's very succesful, 7 pages......Ya.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:08 pm 

[quote author=Fredo_Again link=board=rant;num=1076680414;start=90#98 date=02/13/06 at 17:33:46]WTF? Why did this old thread pop up? Odd....  ;D ;D It's very succesful, 7 pages......Ya.[/quote]<br><br><br>Cause Jimmie D don't start new threads when an old one will do! Booyah!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next