Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coffee Drinkers
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:52 pm 

[quote author=Wife link=board=rant;num=1076680414;start=15#16 date=02/14/04 at 18:35:02]I prefer my caffiene cold and bubbly. Love the smell of coffee, hate the taste. Same with popcorn...smells great, tastes like rectal remnants.[/quote]<br><br>Gotta agree wit cha, darlin'.  You know, a Coke and a Marlboro makes the best breakfast!  You're my kinda woman! ;)<br><br>Art

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:45 am 

[quote author=qcitydarkstar link=board=rant;num=1076680414;start=0#14 date=02/14/04 at 17:57:39]tip -- if you use a regular coffee maker, boil your water before brewing and it will make the coffee a bit stronger and bolder.<br><br>(drinking a cup right now)[/quote]<br><br>Coffee boiled is coffee spoiled (or so the old saying goes) so let yer water cool a little after boiling.<br><br>After a year of no coffee I finally started drinking the black stuff again. I won't touch instant stuff tho'.<br>I have Columbian and Indian Monsoom Malabar at the mo. For coffee with the perfect acidity try Kenya Peaberry - delicous

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:37 am 

I cannot live without coffee.<br>I am Italian, therefore coffee is like blood to me.<br>I drink it without milk and without sugar !<br><br>I drink two cups of Italian coffee when I (try to) wake up. Then I drink one more at 10am, another at 1 pm and the lat at 4 pm.<br><br><br>Probably it's too much because it's diuretic. <br>But I really like and love it.  :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:03 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=rant;num=1076680414;start=15#29 date=02/16/04 at 14:12:02]<br>The three things we most associate with Italian food:<br>
  • Noodles (which were brought back from China by Marco Polo)
  • Tomatoes (which were brought from South America by intrepid sixteenth-century explorers)
  • Coffee (first brought to Europe from Ethiopia by just-as-intrepid traders)
At least now we know why the Roman Empire collapsed: they didn't have any Italian food.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Ah  :) :) :) :) not bad !<br>But they collapsed BEFORE to know that tomatoes, potatoes (all Solanaceae) and pasta (noodles) were introduced in the Mediterranean.<br><br>Seriously speaking theiy had more or less the same food than in Lebanon, Greece etc. There are interesting books with recipes of the roman era because they wrote recipes.<br>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:37 pm 

[quote author=art_II link=board=rant;num=1076680414;start=15#26 date=02/15/04 at 17:52:39]<br><br>Gotta agree wit cha, darlin'.  You know, a Coke and a Marlboro makes the best breakfast!  You're my kinda woman! ;)<br><br>Art[/quote]<br>And you sound like my kinda man!  ;D  ;D  ;D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:35 am 

... I just went and brewed a nice new carafe of java juice, and I went to the fridge..... I ain't "got milk".....this sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:50 pm 

... Ha,Ha,Ha,... just to prove I'ma bona-fide coffee addict, I had myself some fresh sqweezed goat milk, that I sqwoze myself...!!!..."hey wait a minute, male goats don't give milk",.....YUCKKKK!!!!  :-X :-X :-X :-X

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:43 am 

Image<br><br>[center]''Mmmmmmm...coffee...''[/center]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:09 pm 

[quote author=ImSoCute link=board=rant;num=1076680414;start=30#31 date=02/16/04 at 23:37:35]<br>And you sound like my kinda man!  ;D  ;D  ;D[/quote]<br><br>That's great dood, don't cha think you're standing a little close? :-/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:02 pm 

[quote author=art_II link=board=rant;num=1076680414;start=30#36 date=02/18/04 at 17:09:49]<br><br>That's great dood, don't cha think you're standing a little close? :-/[/quote]<br>I just wanna play with it a little... :o

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:00 pm 

Folks don't go like me...sure, in High School it was cool...a cup sometimes in the winter before the bus,...and at college you had to do it to keep an edge on the exams...you had to, all the other kids were and the exams were scaled...but that's how it starts...soon you got a job and coffee is percolating all around you...I'd go make coffee just to get away from the printing press....then I headed up the coffee fund, that was OK for about a year 'till I started recycling grinds to keep up my own habit...I sold my own sister for a grinder and a pint of half and half..<br>...and where has it gotten me...every morning out of bed into the athletic pants and out the door...-20C and it doesn't matter...scraping a couple vision holes in the ice on my windshield with eyes half open...gotta get to the coffee shop for the twenty ounce hazelnut... I hope there's no traffic coming the other way..<br><br>Folks you all know how it ends, a school bus accident, or a lone car off a bridge...it's all the same, when you're gone, you're gone...and for what...all for another shot, and then another...<br><br>Folks don't go like me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:13 am 

Ugh. I hate coffee. It smells bad and it tastes even worse. I even think it's terrible to talk to people that smell like coffee! Or the mokka-taste in icecreams. Brrrr<br>No, no coffee for me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:42 am 

... I killed 3 people this morning with my "Morning Coffee and Cigarettes Breath"...... I was so embarassed.. :-[ :-[

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:25 am 

Dark Italian Roast, half and half, plenty of turbinado sugar.  A good book, a sunny window.  Life doesn't get any better than that!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next