Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Captain Beefheart
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:40 pm 

I think the Forum neads a Captain Beefheart section (in the drop down menu). He deserves it. What do you think?

Post subject: Re: Captain Beefheart
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:47 pm 

His own section? I think he needs his own Forum!  ;D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:10 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=rant;num=1063939226;start=0#2 date=09/18/03 at 20:08:41]You kidding? He needs his own planet.[/quote]<br><br>This is his planet, and we're just living on it.<br>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:13 am 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=rant;num=1063939226;start=0#2 date=09/18/03 at 20:08:41]You kidding? He needs his own planet.[/quote]<br><br>You kidding? He needs his own freakin' universe!<br>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:40 am 

Yes the Captain should have his own page at least<br>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:58 pm 

there is a thread about him already but only few persons posted things on it  so it is burried somewhere in the randamonium section. I'm going to try a search for it....................................................Here it is !!!<br><br>http://www.zappa.com/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=rant;action=display;num=1052523389;start=<br><br><br>in there you can find what he's doing now and my own discovery of the Captain. Since then , i'm still love his universe even if I'm too broke to buy some new albums.<br><br><br>this previous thread is too thin in my opinion . He deserves more. <br>although "Zappa fan" doesn't always rhyme with "Captain fan".   <br>He is more punky (right word?) than zappa. it can be why he is hardly supported here......<br>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:23 pm 

hey ! Radley !   don't tell me you forgott this other thread,   you posted in it   .......<br><br>just wanted to start a  new one, isn't it? :P ;D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:40 pm 

That's right! Back to the top of the board  for Mr. Van Vliet.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:41 pm 
Banned

[quote author=Fronkensteen link=board=rant;num=1063939226;start=0#1 date=09/18/03 at 19:47:16]His own section? I think he needs his own Forum!  ;D[/quote]<br><br>OK, suterb, you asked for it ...  here comes the big one ...<br><br>I'm the administer on this forum. If you get banned, don't blame me, blame bbboy.net, because as you all know, I'm against censorship.

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:51 pm 

Holy crap, T-F! I didn't expect anyone to take me seriously...  :o  ;D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:42 am 

[quote author=milimalimalou link=board=rant;num=1063939226;start=0#7 date=09/22/03 at 15:58:30]there is a thread about him already but only few persons posted things on it  so it is burried somewhere in the randamonium section. I'm going to try a search for it....................................................Here it is !!!<br><br>http://www.zappa.com/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=rant;action=display;num=1052523389;start=<br><br><br>So....How was your trip to LA?<br><br>in there you can find what he's doing now and my own discovery of the Captain. Since then , i'm still love his universe even if I'm too broke to buy some new albums.<br><br><br>this previous thread is too thin in my opinion . He deserves more. <br>although "Zappa fan" doesn't always rhyme with "Captain fan".   <br>He is more punky (right word?) than zappa. it can be why he is hardly supported here......<br>[/quote]<br>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:33 am 

[quote author=radley link=board=rant;num=1063939226;start=0#12 date=09/23/03 at 04:42:57]<br>[/quote]<br><br>How can anyone not like Beefheart he's so loveable<br>

Solipsism Soundcloud
Solipsism Shitface

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:53 am 

I got Trout mask replica alright! ;D<br><br>To tell I found near similarity to his kind of...uhm....way to play music in Tom Waits, when I was at an art-lesson my teacher told a girl to put on Tom Waits and it sounded really nice.<br><br>Gotta get some Tom Waits :P<br><br>Anyway, back to mr Don Van Vliet. Today I was talking about him with my art teacher and she hadn't heard about him some but she had a book with many modern artists. So maybe I'll find out some more soon.<br><br>I haven't seen his paintings and I'm not into many artist when it comes to paintings but I am working on a big project....well....not that big maybe but a painting wich switches alot in colour and forms and who knows what. <br><br>But it is nothing compared to my first thing I made after I changed school.<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:03 am 

:)  I got your hidden question , Radley.....<br><br>My trip to L.A was partly good, partly bad.<br><br>Good part:  met good people, sunny weather, visited good places like the UCLA campus and Venice Beach and the really intelligent Getty museum.  I have a pic a me on the Beach with my green and yellow bathing suit. I'll soon post it as promissed.<br><br><br>Bad part:  I was there for a conference: i never gave my contribution to it. Instead, cried like a miserable in the middle of this beautiful campus. Went lost 4 times in an hour and a half, which usually NEVER happens to me. THe two hours in UCLA campus were a real nightmare. My worst nightmare come true. <br><br>I'm feeling better now. thanks :-*<br><br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:10 am 

as for the Captain, I guess only people without good sight can't love him. Bless their heart, poor them.<br><br><br>I think know why I love his work. Probably because of his extreme and gentle generosity.<br><br>Although, if I understand Drumbo's comments, it might not have been always fun to work with him.     Any of you has a idea about this?<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:12 am 

Look at this Beefheart celebritie!<br><br>Image<br><br>Goodnight folks...err...no :D<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:40 am 

bac[center]CAPTAIN BEEFHEART AND THE MAGIC BAND<br>I'm Going To Do What I Wanna Do: Live at My Father's Place 1978<br><br>Image<br><br>[/center]<br> [sub]When I See Mommy I Feel Like A Mummy<br> Veteran's Day Poppy<br> Tropical Hot Dog Night <br> Nowadays A Woman's Gotta Hit A Man <br> Owed T' Alex <br> Dropout Boogie <br> Harry Irene <br> Abba Zaba <br> Her Eyes Are A Blue Million Miles <br> Old Fart At Play <br> Well <br> Ice Rose <br> Moonlight On Vermont<br> The Floppy Boot Stomp <br> You Know You're A Man <br> Bat Chain Puller <br> Apes-Ma <br> Safe As Milk <br> Suction Prints [/sub]<br> <br>[center]Image<br><br>Image[/center]<br><br>[sub]I'm Going To Do What I Wanna Do: Live At My Father's Place 1978 presents this mixed-on-the-spot-to-two-track performance in its entirety. This is the complete performance mastered from the original two-track recording....<More? [/sub]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:56 am 

[quote author=Thing-Fish24 link=board=rant;num=1063939226;start=0#10 date=09/22/03 at 20:41:10]<br><br>OK, suterb, you asked for it ...  here comes the big one ...<br><br>I'm the administer on this forum. If you get banned, don't blame me, blame bbboy.net, because as you all know, I'm against censorship.[/quote]<br><br><br>mmm it seems that this site is not running big. Dare I ask why ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:10 pm 
Banned

[quote author=milimalimalou link=board=rant;num=1063939226;start=15#19 date=02/15/05 at 13:56:35]mmm it seems that this site is not running big. Dare I ask why ?[/quote]<br><br>Beats me. :P

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:14 pm 

[quote author=Isaac link=board=rant;num=1063939226;start=15#20 date=02/15/05 at 14:10:25]<br><br>Beats me. :P[/quote]<br><br><br>ooooh Isaac, as a stranger, I am linguistically impaired:  <br><br>I don't understand your answer :-/   I can't say any funny witty whatever back at you  :-/ :-/ :-[<br><br>What exactly beats you ?  :-[<br>

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:46 pm 

Can some academic unravel this cacophoney of weasle dust and tell me in plain speak ''what he say"?<br><br><br>http://popmatters.com/chapter/Issue3/beefheart.html<br><br>[sub]stride: who is dumb all over w/a little mama heartbeat on de side[/sub]<br>

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:24 am 

Hey Mili---sorry if this is a bit of a late reply......but I'm sorry about your misfortune on the UCLA campus. I love the Getty as well! I went there for the first time in 2003, October, as a matter of fact. Too bad I did'nt go earlier...we might've met there in the museum!  :)