Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:52 pm 

English subtilities...  I received the message. But what is a "clap" ? Another name for a VD ?<br><br>Never had any VD of any sort. Maybe I should know ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:10 pm 

That I knew. Steve Howe also have a piece called "The clap". But I have yet to find what it has to do with VD.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:25 pm 

It's another term for VD.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:42 am 

HaHa, Happy VD... Valentine Day<br><br>That's a good one

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:43 am 

[font=arial]They stick one of these Little Umbrellas up yer tube, open it up and pull it back out. Drags all the scabs 'n stuff out.....<br>Image<br>So I've heard...[/font]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:55 am 

DICTIONERY.com<br><br>7 entries found for clap.<br><br>To strike the palms of the hands together with a sudden explosive sound, as in applauding. <br>To come together suddenly with a sharp sound. <br><br>v. tr.<br>To strike together with a sharp sound, as one hard surface on another: clapped a book on the desk. <br>To strike (the hands) together with an abrupt, loud sound, usually repeatedly: clapped hands in time to the music. <br>To strike lightly but firmly with the open hand, as in greeting: clapped me on the shoulder. <br>To put or place quickly and firmly: clapped the purse snatcher in jail; clapped a lid on the box. <br>To arrange hastily: clapped together a plan. <br><br>n. <br>The act or sound of clapping the hands. <br>A sudden, loud, explosive sound: a clap of thunder. <br>A sharp blow with the open hand; a slap. <br>Obsolete. A sudden stroke of fortune, especially of bad luck. <br><br><br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>[Middle English clappen, from Old English clæppan, clappian, to throb,, and from Old Norse klappa, to clap, pat.]<br><br>

And try to look sincere, then we'll

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:30 am 

[quote author=Mij link=board=rant;num=1107996145;start=15#29 date=02/11/05 at 20:10:26]That I knew. Steve Howe also have a piece called "The clap". But I have yet to find what it has to do with VD.[/quote]<br><br>Excerpt from a Steve Howe interview:<br><br>SH: I realized as time went by when we released THE YES ALBUM, that “Clap” had been called “The Clap”, and it was quite embarrassing really…it was just meant to be Clap, and it was a bit of a droll title on its own. It should have had a bounce word with it, but we didn’t, and it ‘was “Clap”. But then Jon, on the record he actually said, “Steve’s going to now play ‘The Clap’,” so all I did was I looked for another recording, which I had loads of—of “Clap” in the early days, and so I looked for a couple of intros, when Jon did various things. There was no pattern to any of it; how I actually started playing “Clap” was very varied.<br><br>MOT: So that intro belonged to a different take?<br><br>SH: Yes, the new one actually belongs to a different take…I mean, so we have the introduction from the Lyceum, which is at the time the only introduction we had to “Clap”. Jon said “Oh, now Steve’s going to play ‘The Clap’,” so at this point I thought why go with that. So one idea I had was no introduction just [sings guitar intro] and off it goes, which could have saved some controversy. But even that wasn’t perfect because the original one had a little overlap of Jon saying “Steve’s going to now play ‘The Clap’.” It was that reverb. So I found this other one where Jon and I were jesting…I thought it was silly enough, and at least it was clear that I was playing “Clap”, not “The Clap”, so I did it just for that piece of mind.<br><br>MOT: Did he think “The Clap” was the title? Did you actually hear him say that?<br><br>SH: On the original record he does.<br><br>MOT: No, do you remember him actually saying that…because I’ve listened to the original myself many times, and it sounds more like an echoey type of thing, so I’m not sure he’s really saying “The Clap”, because it’s like kind of echoing through a concert hall or something; it’s almost like the word “the” is maybe an illusion.<br><br>SH: No, I think he does say it, because I know Jon’s voice, and he may have said it. There was nothing wrong that he said; it was just that it got picked up, so I saw the opportunity to correct it.<br><br>MOT: Obviously the record company picked up on that, and that’s how they took out the title, just because they heard Jon say “The Clap” rather than you submitting the song, saying, here’s the actual title?<br><br>SH: Back in the 1970s?<br><br>MOT: Yeah, right. It got printed as “The Clap”.<br><br>SH: Yeah, I know; things were that vague then. We knew very little; we didn’t realize the importance of that moment, and then it had gone from “Clap” to “The Clap”, so (laughs) it was almost too late.<br><br>Read the full interview

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:03 pm 

Gonorrhea rates in Australia up 63% in 5 years, data show

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/05/health/australia-sti-gonorrhea-study/index.html

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:41 pm 

Quote:
Here's on worth striving for. She's training to be a nurse. She looks clean. No potential of disease here.It looks like the big one. Yes, your going to try for it, aren't you?