Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:22 am 

[img width=373 height=300]http://sublimespot.com/beer/images/hempale.jpg[/img]<br>this beer is best accompanied by some of humboldt county's other famous commodities...Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:54 am 

it's made with the seeds, a little too sweet for my taste -the beer that is  ;D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:46 am 

bcarney, depending on where you live, there are a few brewers that make hemp ales.  I know of one in Maine, NY state, along with numerous other places.  It was, if you will, a fad a few years ago to brew with hemp seeds.  They create a odd flavor (I think) but are usually paired with brown ales which compliment the flavor the seed imparts.<br>Wait, aren't seeds susposed to make you sterile?  ummmm?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:21 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:13 am 

[quote author=bcarney2 link=board=rant;num=1038032605;start=75#81 date=04/28/03 at 05:23:10]<br>.I'll check the brewers here in NY State and see what I can find.<br>   Well,that Hemp Ale is some hard stuff to find.So far no luck but,I did come across a pretty good mail order site.They have two interesting choices.<br>   Flying Dog Tire Biter Ale !!!<br>   Monty Python Holy Grail Ale !!!<br>bcarney2   8)<br>[/quote]<br><br>Hey, bcarney,  I have had the monty python ale,  personally I think it is nothing to write home about.  As for brewers in NY state, I was almost certain that somebody did a hemp ale but damn if I can find it.  A brewery in Maine does soemthing called "420 ale", again, just ok in my mind.  <br>As for brewerys in NY that I think are top rate; <br>http://www.cooperstownbrewing.com/<br>http://www.ithacabeer.com/<br>http://www.middleagesbrewery.com/<br>and of course Saranac for the budget oriented and Ommegang.  <br>Happy to give any more suggestions, cheers!<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:07 am 

i feel you pain guys.  if you fight the law, you ain't gonna win.  as for medical, that is a whole other story.  if myself or any of my family was sick i would make sure they were puffing like champions just so the/ i could get a meal down.  but we all know this:  if the government could effectively tax and control pot sales/growth most people would be all walking around with bongs strapped to their heads for crying out loud!  too bad the gov grows it already...(but i don't want to dishonor frank by talking about pot)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:07 am 

[quote author=bcarney2 link=board=rant;num=1038032605;start=75#84 date=04/30/03 at 06:58:52]   Thanks blknapkin !!!<br>  .Just like the Fed's to step in and wave thier power around.<br>   bcarney2   8)[/quote]<br><br>Damn the man!<br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:54 am 

Federick brewing company,  Baltimore MD<br><br>Hempen Ale – Hemp seeds are an integral part of the brewing process of this unique beer. Hemp is a relative of hops and provides unique hop-like bitters to this brew. We also use select 2-Row malted barley, Caramel 40, Chocolate and Carapils malts and Cascade hops. <br><br>Original Gravity: 13.8° Plato, (1.055 OG). <br>Color: Light brown, 18 SRM. <br>Alcohol: 5.0% ABV.<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:06 pm 

I do not drink beer (uhmmmm . . . tequila).  <br><br>What do you beer drinkers think about FZ's "beer leads to marching/military-like behaviour in groups" theory as detailed in the RFZBook?<br><br>VCF

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:15 pm 

no hard feelings here either buddy!!  i was just thinking about moderator issues, like the carlin quote thing, and getting sensored on this forum.  i'm open to talk about it, i just didn't know how it would be recieved on this particular forum (you know, overstepping bounds and all)  but thanx for the reply and i already jumped on the medical thread you posted.  by the way pot should be legalized, taxed and distributed by uncle sam

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 6:34 pm 

I guess from my username you can guess that I'm a big hard cider fan...favorites being STRONGBOW, DRY BLACKTHORNE, WOODPECKER, and WOODCHUCK GRANNY SMITH. Favorite beers....GUINNESS, NEWCASTLE, SAM ADAMS, as well as several other darks and reds. CHEERS ;D

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 1:51 am 

[quote author=Ciderpunk link=board=rant;num=1038032605;start=90#92 date=05/01/03 at 21:34:21]favorites being STRONGBOW, DRY BLACKTHORNE, beers....GUINNESS, NEWCASTLE, SAM ADAMS, ;D[/quote]<br> <br>With strongbow and blackthorne, sounds like you are in the UK.  If so, I can give ya a few more suggestions for some nice brews over on that side of the Atlantic.  Ever try making your own cider?<br>

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 5:27 am 

[quote author=blknapkin link=board=rant;num=1038032605;start=90#93 date=05/02/03 at 04:51:46]<br> <br>With strongbow and blackthorne, sounds like you are in the UK.  If so, I can give ya a few more suggestions for some nice brews over on that side of the Atlantic.  Ever try making your own cider?<br>[/quote] I've always wanted to try homebrewing some hard cider. One of these days I will. I'm not from the UK, but would love to spend some serious time over there someday. I live in Minnesota, but my family originally came from Scotland and England. I've always been fascinated with English/Scottish/Irish culture. PunkRock, good cider/beer, and cool accents. Maybe I can talk my lil' punkrock honey into going with me for an extended stay overseas one day....and if it worked out well stay over there for good. ;D<br>

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 6:49 pm 

Did everyone get tired of talking about beer already? ::)

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 7:38 pm 

barfko swill?<br>Image<br><br><br>Image<br><br>tired of beer, clik----->99 bottles of beer on the wall<----- in 515 programming languages

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:36 am 

[quote author=Ciderpunk link=board=rant;num=1038032605;start=90#95 date=05/05/03 at 21:49:37]Did everyone get tired of talking about beer already? ::)[/quote]<br><br>Never tired here!  As for your previous reply, I don't know much about MN brewerys other than Minn. brewing in ST Paul, MN.  They used to have a Potato Ale, funky stuff.  <br>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:14 am 

Well folks,  I am taking another job which will not place me in front of a computer all day. (ah the fresh air)  I will miss this forum; even though I really do not say much, my time here has been interesting to say the least.  Wish you all well (except that idiot who has plastered his shit all over the board)  Keep it greezy, support Project Object, and FZ for Pres!    Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:23 am 

hey! but surely you can visit it at some other place, not? less often, sure, but hop on in once in while will ya?<br><br>good luck - and try not do drown in that shit...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 47  Next