Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun May 24, 2020 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:17 am 

corn lager indeed, but those glasses they serve them sure are fancy though, you know with the gold rim and all.  i'm bored, i'm going to try kegstands with some barleywine.  ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:29 am 

is that wifebeater story worth telling, it has me sort of intrigued.  i like stories where the subject ends up banned from certain forms of alcohol or brands of beer.  its a real reminder that "this can  happen to you."  makes you take drinking less for granted, what a sport.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:35 am 

Speaking of barley wine, spring 'tis the season for these little lovelys'.  Sierra Nevada big foot, ummmm. Anchor Old Foghorn, Weyerbacher Blithering idiot, The list goes on and on....so many to sip

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:21 pm 

[quote author=johnoppel link=board=rant;num=1038032605;start=45#52 date=03/05/03 at 10:29:12]is that wifebeater story worth telling, it has me sort of intrigued.  i like stories where the subject ends up banned from certain forms of alcohol or brands of beer.  its a real reminder that "this can  happen to you."  makes you take drinking less for granted, what a sport.[/quote]<br><br>Not personally done it but I can understand why it gets that nickname as it has brain nullifying qualities ! Last time I was out on a session of it I woke up at 5am at home , covered in curry and had put a pint of milk in the microwave . I had my headphones on but the stereo was off - and I had also removed my jeans ?? Strange .<br> :o<br>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:33 pm 

[quote author=Baby Snake link=board=rant;num=1038032605;start=45#54 date=03/05/03 at 18:21:01]<br><br>Not personally done it but I can understand why it gets that nickname as it has brain nullifying qualities ! Last time I was out on a session of it I woke up at 5am at home , covered in curry and had put a pint of milk in the microwave . I had my headphones on but the stereo was off - and I had also removed my jeans ?? Strange .<br> :o<br>[/quote]<br><br>Oh yeah - I'd pissed meself too !  :-[<br>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:48 am 

Quality material bby snk!  Although, I am not sure if it sounds like a good night or a bad night, last one I had like that, I drank long trail double bag.  7.2% abv.  I woke up standing in the corner of my room pissing on the floor! Needless to say, I was the fool in the grocery store the next morning renting a steam cleaner.  Fucking hilarous, got any more?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:02 am 

Well, in theory, all advanced societies evolve.  Now rather we are advanced or not is a topic for another day.  But I am happy to talk about whatever.<br>So, what other quality malted barley treats are out there?  I lay my claim in "real ale".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:20 pm 

ZF, do you dare say "pissing contest?"  i know i would!!  ;D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:39 am 

Well said MFU, I too am moving(slowly) toward that point. I seem to have convinced myself that I am still drinking for flavor, a conniseur if you will.  So in light of that, I move to bring the disscussion back to certain quality beverages that are being produced out there.<br>How about Youngs (UK), double chocolate stout,  ummmm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 6:06 am 

jeezum, were back to pissing?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:48 am 

[quote author=blknapkin link=board=rant;num=1038032605;start=60#61 date=03/07/03 at 04:39:43].....Youngs (UK), double chocolate stout,  ummmm[/quote]<br><br><br>...that stuff is tasty!!<br>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:58 am 

Wouldn't Frank be annoyed to see a "beer topic" on his very own website?... :o<br><br>Anyway, here's the beer of connoisseurs ;):<br>-Pauwel Kwak- (one of the 5 belgium trappist beers)<br><br>Image<br><br>Also known as "la bière du cocher" (the coachman's beer), the glass is built in order to keep the liquid in it, while you drive your horse-drawn vehicle. :P<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:27 am 

[quote author=ZF link=board=rant;num=1038032605;start=60#65 date=03/07/03 at 08:15:53]<br><br><br>Sorry bout that, but just found this appropriate quotation, couldnot help myself. I have found somewhere on the net the picture of your avatar in colour, would you like to have it?[/quote]<br><br>No worries, Keep "pissin" if you wish,  as for the pic, sure, thanks ZF.  By the way, what is your particular beverage of choice if and when you choose?<br>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:57 am 

Well, I am not familiar with the screw against the wall, sounds good, but as for me, nothing is better than a 48 degree pint of real English ale.  Fresh from the pump out of a day old firkin.  Even though I am in the states, I long to sit in a pub in England and session a few of these tasties!  ummm  Heaven lies in a fresh pint of Sam Smith's out of an oak cask!  (at least for me)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:09 am 

Nice one ZF! Cheers..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:17 am 

Time to bring this one back.  Well, around here spring is on the way,  who has favorite spring brews,  Mai bocks, barley wines,etc.  whatch ya'all got?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:30 am 

ah yes, spring drinkin' time boys.  mud bock is reliable and a bigfoot barleywine is always a welcome site, in the beautiful rolling hills of VT.  oh wait that was me, rolling down the beautiful hills of vermont after drinking too much barleywine.  does the fun ever start?  :D  can we assemble a frank zappa forum drink and rock a thon? with music provided by project/object?  that could be just a little cool.........

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 46  Next