Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:57 am 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=rant;num=1038032605;start=15#19 date=12/01/02 at 13:27:58]Image<br><br>Squeeze my heiny <br>[/quote]<br><br>What about the beer then boy ???<br>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 5:45 pm 

I don't regret for having met<br>Up with a girl who breaks hearts<br>Like they were nothing at all<br>I've done it, too<br>Now I know just what it feels like<br>And just like I said I have no regrets<br><br>Yup that says it all just about for my love life. I suppose older and wiser posters will be clucking their tounges and gnashing their false teeth in reminisicence of their own youthfull folly, or am I just a dickhead who got what he deserved. Funny thing is, that song moves me in a way most 'love songs' don't. This might not be fashionable to say, but I take it at face value. Like its about this guy who gets girls all excited and moist and then throws them aside like rags, who meets a girl who rocks his sausage roll (Do you get those in the states) She ditches him and somehow he transcends it all through an advanced sense of dramatic irony.<br>Shit... Im off to write a Zappsploitation novel.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 9:52 pm 

Let me put in a good word for the North Coast Brewing Co. in Fort Bragg, CA.  I recommend their Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout and Pranqster Belgian Style Golden Ale.  They also get extra points for having a Zappa quote on their restaurant's menu "you can't be a Real Country unless you have A BEER and an airline-it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need A BEER".

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 3:50 pm 

im maria i drink martini<br>but only one at the most<br>after two im under the table<br>after three im under my host<br><br>boom,boom as basil the brush  used to say.<br><br>before the great war all beer used to be between 7 - 14 % abv. in the uk. now its weak gassy pisswater. the only good stuff is expensive and made in england but worth it - im not bias im not english - its the truth. all the rest from the big boys in uk,us, australia and europe is crap though grolsch herst bock or something good and sliceable.<br>mungo - im gettin there slowly<br>

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:59 pm 

hemp ale...straight outta humbolt county<br><br><br>http://www.humbrew.com/hemp.html

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:46 am 

any good beer that is american is likely a microbrew, depending on which styles/flavors you like.  an excellent belgian beer is brewed in vermont. KROSS.  it kicks ass.  it got silver medal at world beer cup 2000 for belgian blonde, beating out beers from belgium!  as for porters and stouts check out McNeils (vermont), Geary's (maine), Shipyard (maine), Gritty McDuff (maine) to name a few.  enjoy, i know i will!!   ;D (too bad they don't have a pumpkin for drunk  :(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:17 am 

Well, I usually sit quietly and watch on most topics, but here is one that I really can go on.  Yes, there is a lot of  American crap beer out there including micros'.  Many micros are producing bland, tasteless beer that is, in effect, altering the tastes of beer drinkers in general.  When the market is flooded with marginal beer, the tastes of the consumers eventually become used to the lack of body that many producers are creating in their beers.  This in turn leads many to believe that this poor excuse for beer is what beer should really taste like.  It is refreshing to see many of you know and like "real beer" produced in traditional methods, using quality ingredients.  ummm so much more to say, so little time

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:50 am 

what, do you like beer or something blknpkin?  you're right though, with shitbag marketing companies that also happen to make beer (i'm not going to mention any names- except magic hat  ;)).  at least us beer drinkers know the good beers to go to when we need to get some good ol' fashioned boozin' done.  ;D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:01 am 

You mean the beer companies that make tee shirts and frizbees?  Do they make beer too?  Ha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:06 am 

thats exactly what i mean.  i like the magic hat frizbee, it has good body, and its pretty hoppy.  i used to like the t-shirts but they were much too filling.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:46 am 

OK, what else is out there? Don't be shy, beer is a universal language.  Who has some more?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:37 am 

i got plenty more beeznotch.  who wants to drink??  should we praise beers we like, or shit on beers/beer companies we don't like.  i think they both could be fun.  but before we have too much fun we should probably determine if this is a "stupid subject" or not.  what do you clowns think???

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:00 pm 

Stella Artois (or "wifebeater" as it's known)  is a decent pint. Have been banned fro drinking it by me missus though !! <br> :-/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:45 am 

Stella is nice, but it is too close to a Belgian Budweiser,  Corn Lager

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47  Next