Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Happy Franksgiving!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:46 pm 

[quote author=sabrina2 link=board=rant;num=1068484833;start=15#22 date=11/14/03 at 14:21:08]<br><br>[sub]Wowie, Sleepy says he is a chat room virgin.  I think the ladies should gang up on him and initiate him properly  at the party. ;D[/sub]<br><br>Sab[/quote]<br><br>Aw Sabbie, yer makin me blush again... :-[<br><br>Hmmm...but now that you mention it, uh, maybe, uh, you and, uh, wowie and me, we, uh, maybe could kinda meet up like in our, uh, own little private chat room...hmmm...maybe we could invite Gypsy Dream along too, you know, just like, the four of us....you know...for CHATTING... ::)<br><br>OK OK, Gypsy doesn't hafta come...oops, I mean, uh, be invited...she doesn't hafta be invited...just you and wowie, ok? <br><br>MY GOD, WHAT AM I SAYING?  ???<br><br>must....focus...on...Franksgiving....

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:32 pm 

A little helium...the day is nearing!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:32 am 

[quote author=LumpyGravy link=board=rant;num=1068484833;start=15#27 date=11/26/03 at 07:49:55]<br><br>The turkey, the yams, the cranberry sauce...[/quote]<br><br>The lumpy gravy...<br><br>The plankton, the krill<br>The giant underwater pyramid<br>The squid decor<br>(Excuse me, Todd)<br>The big ol' giant underwater door<br>The dome, the bubbles, the Blue Light<br><br>Happy Franksgiving to you too Mr. LG!  ;D<br>

>You don't.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:51 am 

[quote author=sleeping_in_a_jar link=board=rant;num=1068484833;start=15#28 date=11/26/03 at 09:32:51]<br><br>The lumpy gravy...<br><br>The plankton, the krill<br>The giant underwater pyramid<br>The squid decor<br>(Excuse me, Todd)<br>The big ol' giant underwater door<br>The dome, the bubbles, the Blue Light<br><br>Happy Franksgiving to you too Mr. LG!  ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br>The blimp!<br>The blimp Frank!<br>The blimp!<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:34 pm 

Don't forget to eat your VEGETABLES, (and yes, cabbiage is a vegatable). No one will know 'less it's you that might tell 'em so. So call any vegetable, pick up your phone. Think of a vegetable, lonely at home. Call any vegetable, and the chances are good....<br>...thaaaaat...the vegetable will respond to you(:<br>Happy Franksgiving all, and don't let yer taters be bakin too long(:<br>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:16 pm 

... Image<br>... Image<br>... Image<br> <br>...[center][glow=orange,2,300]HAPPY FRANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D[/glow][/center].... DRIVE SAFELY....!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:16 pm 

[quote author=Arkay link=board=rant;num=1068484833;start=30#35 date=11/26/03 at 18:11:05]For those of you already tuned in, there is a Happy Thanksgiving greeting where there used to be the Baby Snakes countdown.   :)[/quote]<br><br>Saw it!  Cool!  mmmmmmmmm gelatinous cranberries, lumpy gravy and louis the turkey hhheeeeeheeheh ;D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:55 pm 
Banned

[quote author=Arkay link=board=rant;num=1068484833;start=30#35 date=11/26/03 at 18:11:05]For those of you already tuned in, there is a Happy Thanksgiving greeting where there used to be the Baby Snakes countdown.   :)[/quote]<br><br>For those of you out there who only open up the "Cheezoid" version of the site because you're on a low connection speed, here's a link to the greeting:<br><br>http://www.zappa.com/cheezoid/whatsnew/nift/thanksgiving03/<br>

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:38 am 

guess i am right, i matched the day and so i say<br>HAPPY FRANKSGIVING, love and stupidity<br>to everyone who might feel concerned about it.<br>hey, jars, whataboutour chatroomparty. <br>just checked out the thing is working and am proud to announce the birth of<br>"the bullshit lounge"!<br>actually theres no one in `xcept myself`n`lou, aka the turkey, but hes incognito these days, but maybe its hope and some might show up. <br>costume or not. <br>love,<br>wowie!<br>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:17 am 

[quote author=wowie_zowie link=board=rant;num=1068484833;start=30#39 date=11/27/03 at 09:38:42]guess i am right, i matched the day and so i say<br>HAPPY FRANKSGIVING, love and stupidity<br>to everyone who might feel concerned about it.<br>hey, jars, whataboutour chatroomparty. <br>just checked out the thing is working and am proud to announce the birth of<br>"the bullshit lounge"!<br>actually theres no one in `xcept myself`n`lou, aka the turkey, but hes incognito these days, but maybe its hope and some might show up. <br>costume or not. <br>love,<br>wowie!<br>[/quote]<br>I see you in the bullshit lounge, wowie, but a password is required for anybody to get in to talk to you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:17 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=rant;num=1068484833;start=30#43 date=11/27/03 at 20:31:51]Personally, I've always called it Spanksgiving (on the theory that it's better to give than to receive).<br><br>Perhaps I should rethink that theory...[/quote]<br><br>Then for the sake of obtaining knowledge and new skills, I think you should go through the Spankological Institutes training program.  Our highly qualified instructoresses will make sure you receive the proper amount of hands on instruction along with gentle correction and discipline that will make you successful wherever you go.  I personally will take your oral exam to make certain you have absorbed the curriculum.<br><br><br>Mistress Sabrina<br>Dean of Discipline<br><br>Oh my, it's too late at night, I am really out there! ;D<br>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:55 am 

I saw something out of the corner of my eye about some group of people who were writing anonymous Thanksgiving cards and sending them to our troops overseas. I didn't think to see if there was a 'general address' to use, and it was too late to do it for Thanksgiving, but maybe there's an idea here to do for Christmas/New Years. We could go out and get each get a pack of cards, and each make 50 or so troops feel a bit better.<br>If anyone knows how to go about this (as far as what to use for an address), please post. On this end, if no one knows, I'll start by calling the VA or something.<br>Nothing political like if we belong overseas or not, just the poor guys are stuck over there, an anonymous card might be nice.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:18 am 

[quote author=imisshimbad link=board=rant;num=1068484833;start=45#46 date=11/28/03 at 05:55:59]I saw something out of the corner of my eye about some group of people who were writing anonymous Thanksgiving cards and sending them to our troops overseas. I didn't think to see if there was a 'general address' to use, and it was too late to do it for Thanksgiving, but maybe there's an idea here to do for Christmas/New Years. We could go out and get each get a pack of cards, and each make 50 or so troops feel a bit better.<br>If anyone knows how to go about this (as far as what to use for an address), please post. On this end, if no one knows, I'll start by calling the VA or something.<br>Nothing political like if we belong overseas or not, just the poor guys are stuck over there, an anonymous card might be nice.[/quote]<br>thats real cool imisshimbad.  for starters, theres this link: http://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html which is a simple email thank you for the troops.  i did one, but i dont know how they reiceve them, maybe like one big card on a screen with all our names?   8)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 7:05 am 

sorry sorry sorry....now i got it. <br>password is....bullshit!<br>will be in later tonight, dammit, i missed franksgiving, right. except of my private little ritual on it. <br>i gave all. believe.<br>love,<br>wowie!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:31 am 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=rant;num=1068484833;start=45#45 date=11/27/03 at 23:55:20]<br>Yes ma'am.<br>Yes ma'am.<br>Yes ma'am.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Thats more like it!  Now fetch my shoes!  Or I will have to introduce you to Thumper. >:(<br><br><br>Mistress S ;D<br>