Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: AHMET
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 7:48 am 

I might very well be wrong (I don`t know Ahmet), but I think he sounds kind of bitter. I bet it comes across different on the radio, but in writing the above statements are a bit sad imo.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 10:18 am 

Ahmet strikes me as being a really funny, loose and open kind of guy.  Not as serious as Dweezil.  Bryan Beller (former Z bassist) has said that he and Keneally have had discussions about how when working in Z it was like Frank's personality had been split among his sons.  Dweezil being the serious, anti-social workaholic and Ahmet possessing the zany side.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 6:31 am 

How could I miss Ahmet being on the radio in Chicago?  What station was that on?  <br><br>Ahmet has a great sense of humour.  Nothing is sacred to him and I think that is why he can say stuff like he did about re-animating FZ.  He and Dweezil used to appear on Conan O'Brien's show a lot when it first started.  They were hilarious.  <br><br>The movie, Ready To Rumble is horrible (it is a David Arquette vehicle about wrestling) but Ahmet has a really funny role as a convenience store clerk.  If you like AZ, it is worth checking out the first 15 minutes for his role.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:27 pm 

No wonder I missed it!  I never listen to the Package.  Especially not Kevin Williams.  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 3:09 pm 

I remember seeing Ahmet as emcee of a TV program that featured fighting robots.  I haven't seen it in a while, but he was hilarious.<br><br>VCF

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 4:37 pm 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=rant;num=1039819485;start=0#0 date=12/13/02 at 14:44:45]When he was 11 or 12, his parents would just drop him off at Flint's house for the day, and Flint would expose him to just about anything and everything, if you know what I mean.[/quote]<br><br> :oThis statement reminds me of when Flint's daughter accused him of molesting her.<br><br>As to the theme park, will they have a Tunnel of Dirty Love? ;)<br>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 2:12 pm 

I meant to answer this back in December. Got too busy.<br>YES!!! Ahmet is a riot! I really only watch the Robotica show for him. Those people take robot competition SOOOOO seriously and Ahmet sounds like he thinks it's a joke. (a lot of the people competing are like in their 40's and the audience is made up of children and toddlers!!). He is JUST hysterical.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:57 pm 

I remember seeing a Bot made with discarded wheels from a wheelchair!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:22 pm 

I have been trying to find the thread about who Ahmet is named after but I'm only getting this one, so....<br><br>I just d/loaded Frank on the Howard Stern show (1987) and Howard asks if Ahmet is really named after Ahmet Ertegun and Frank replies "yeah" (in the tone of "yeah, no big deal is it")<br><br>So there we have it.....altho' I guess Ahmet the Imaginary Servant could still be named after Ahmet Ertegun........oh dear......here we go again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:30 pm 

i never found out about his name...but here's a website of one of his stalkers http://www.angelfire.com/al2/gurucatherine/dearahmet.html

Solipsism Soundcloud
Solipsism Shitface

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:42 pm 

[quote author=TheCentralScrutinizer link=board=rant;num=1039819485;start=0#13 date=01/08/04 at 16:30:26]i never found out about his name...but here's a website of one of his stalkers http://www.angelfire.com/al2/gurucatherine/dearahmet.html[/quote]<br>Thanks Scrute! What an odd person, huh?<br><br>From the FAQ page:<br>
Quote:
Q. Is Necrophilia a bad thing?<br>A. Necrophilia is a subject people are afraid to confront. In a way it is scary that so many people would like the answer to this question but like my great great uncle Cletus used to say, "I'm a necrophiliac do you mind playing dead?" I'm not saying that having sex with dead people is right or wrong. I personally would find it dull and unexciting, not to mention the smell, but if you have mad prior arrangements with the recently or not so recently deceased (depending on the arrangement). I don't see why it is my business or anyone elses. Necrophilia is not neccesarily a good thing.
<br><br><br>
Quote:
Q. Why do I always lose my tube of chapstick just before I finish it? <br>A. I too have this problem. I will have a tube of lip gloss or chapstick and it will be getting very low. But I never get to finish it. I lose it before I have the chance to throw the empty container away. I don't really have an answer for this but it is good to know that I am not the only one in the world that this happens too. My theory is that subconciously we tell ourselves we are going to lose it because time and time again we have. So basically we sabotage ourselves. We don't let ourselves completely take advantage of our purchase. <br>
<br><br>I seriously suggest you check out this site.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:56 pm 

[quote author=ImSoLatex link=board=rant;num=1039819485;start=15#15 date=01/08/04 at 16:42:33]<br>Thanks Scrute! What an odd person, huh?<br><br>From the FAQ page:<br><br><br><br>I seriously suggest you check out this site.[/quote]<br>she's a grade A looney...probably a little ugly on the side as well...i posted on her guestbook letting her know of her new found fame....i never gave the address of the forum though...to many nuts already  :P here it is again for any who missed http://www.angelfire.com/al2/gurucatherine/dearahmet.html

Solipsism Soundcloud
Solipsism Shitface

Post subject: re: ahmet
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:41 am 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:35 pm 

Is'nt that the grestest picture?! It's from 1975, and you can almost hear Frank say, "Gotch yer nose!!!"  ;D ;D ;D :-* :-*

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:10 pm 

It is a great picture!! Shows the father Frank that I have never seen. Care to tell where the picture came from?

Post subject: re: ahmet
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:47 pm 

[table][tr][td][quote author=Byron link=board=rant;num=1039819485;start=15#18 date=09/26/04 at 17:10:51]...Care to tell where the picture came from?[/quote]<br>[/td][td]Image<br>dobophoto.com[/td][/tr][/table]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:36 pm 

Thanks Slime....great link of pics.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:20 am 

Frank Zappa Bio: In His Son Ahmet Zappa’s Words [VIDEO EXCLUSIVE]

https://uinterview.com/ubio/frank-zappa ... exclusive/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:20 am 

Thanks for posting that!