Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: It's My Round
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:08 am 

you're right, if every alcoholdrinker would hold each others hands we wouldn't go really far....<br><br>Sincerely, I served them, but never had been able to have more than one sip of it.  I was doing it too sweet so I was lending all the ingredients on the counter for the bunch of carribean we had, to do it themselves. They were a bunch of tall and impressive nice guys. We had a lot of fun with them....  <br>Mine wasn't a music place but a regular day bar with lotteries and bet systems,  in one of the poorest area of the city.  We had to close after one year due to mafia's pressure to own us.  Few really good moments but a period of huge stress. after that I worked as a waitress in a early morning restaurant, opening at 5 am serving food to the hungry or/and drunk nightclubbers.  THAT was fun even though my boos was a dumbass. <br><br>This gave me nice stories I'll tell one day to my grandchildren: "When grandma was serving  some ti punch...."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:22 pm 

A schooner of ice cold Resch's beer, please.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:51 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=rant;num=1045008824;start=30#37 date=06/03/03 at 21:11:58]<br>Sabrina, Sabrina, Sabrina....<br><br>Don't ever tell people what a cheap date you are. That's just inviting trouble...<br>[/quote]<br><br>Oooops!  I'm just so naive and honest.  Goddamn, I did it again!  In vino veritas!<br><br>Sabrina

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:53 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=rant;num=1045008824;start=45#53 date=06/05/03 at 19:21:57]<br>That's what I like about you, Sabrina. You're so good at making us all believe that you're naive and honest...<br><br>You don't fool me, kid. I know better than to mess with someone who knows Latin. I figure you're really a nun, and are just waiting for the right moment to rap me across the knuckles with a ruler.    ;)[/quote]<br><br>Why yes, how did you know?  I have in recent years moved away from rulers (ever since the Catholic schools got rid of us nuns) and am into heavier aparatus.  I am sure you would be interested in the Spankomatic 3000 [sub]TM[/sub], made entirely of rubber with little bb's attached to the ends.  Yeah, I think that is what you want.  (All men are perverts, after all.  God told me this).  Now, bend over and take your discipline er penance.<br><br>With Godly Love,<br>Sister Intemperate Rosicruscio  (aka the Leather Nun)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:17 pm 

Stoli on the rocks; no fruits or vegatables, please.<br><br>VCF

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:59 pm 

[quote author=arrcee link=board=rant;num=1045008824;start=30#43 date=06/04/03 at 13:06:19]The oldest single malt scotch (with an ice water chaser), thank you very much.[/quote]<br>Make that two!<br>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:52 pm 

....Make mine Jaegermeister on the rox!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Post subject: re: it's my round
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:32 pm 

portugese cherry...superb if you can find it

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:17 am 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=rant;num=1045008824;start=45#57 date=06/06/03 at 20:11:09]<br>Yes ma'am...<br><br>Afterwards, can I have a high speed Pepsi enema? I love the way the bubbles tickle my nose...[/quote]<br><br>You'll take Coke and you'll like it!!!!  (It's the Real Thing, Coke is, in the back of your mind, what the world wants to find, it's the Real Thing!)<br><br>Sister IR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:34 pm 

[quote author=Uncle Bernie link=board=rant;num=1045008824;start=30#39 date=06/03/03 at 21:46:14]<br>Too late.....I'm onto it already. BTW that's Mr Trouble to you.....[/quote]<br><br><br>Hi Mr Trouble!  Do you come here often?  Ooooh, I'm a little dizzy!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:10 am 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=rant;num=1045008824;start=60#63 date=06/08/03 at 00:57:55]<br>Yes Ma'am...<br><br>[hr]<br>Not to be a downer: but I recall reading somewhere that a few days before Frank died, Gail brought him a Coke. As he was drinking it, he suddenly held up the can and mumbled "Coke adds life."<br><br>As far as I know, these were his last words.[/quote]<br><br>No man, you didn't bring me down at all!<br><br>Hey, Mungo, do you still have some Tanquerey gin?   I think now I really could use a good stiff drink!  Sniff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:58 pm 

......Fuck all that..........is Mungo here?.....<<<<i'm buyin">>>>>>>>>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:45 am 

[quote author=Sabrina link=board=rant;num=1045008824;start=60#62 date=06/07/03 at 22:34:01]<br><br><br>Hi Mr Trouble!  Do you come here often?  Ooooh, I'm a little dizzy![/quote]<br>I missed this last week - I must be slipping.<br><br>Anyway......<br><br>Hey, baby - what's a girl like you doin' in a place like this? Would you like another drink, or would you prefer I drive you home now? ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:25 am 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:39 pm 

Attachment:
guinness-732197.jpg
guinness-732197.jpg [ 6.2 KiB | Viewed 1775 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:58 pm 

Location: Behind a ultra-avant laminated, simulated replica-mahogany desk
Quote:
This is an extremely strong beer; it should be enjoyed in small servings and with an air of aristocratic nonchalance. In exactly the same manner that you would enjoy a fine whisky, a Frank Zappa album or a visit from a friendly yet anxious ghost.

Label on controversial 32% strength beer.

There are more brickbats than bouquets for Tactical Nuclear Penguin, a Scottish beer that seems designed to cause a furore.

'World's strongest' beer with 32% strength launched

A controversial Scottish brewery has launched what it described as the world's strongest beer - with a 32% alcohol content.

Tactical Nuclear Penguin has been unveiled by BrewDog of Fraserburgh.

BrewDog was previously branded irresponsible for an 18.2% beer called Tokyo, which it then followed with a low alcohol beer called Nanny State.

Managing director James Watt said a limited supply of Tactical Nuclear Penguin would be sold for £30 each.

He said: "This beer is about pushing the boundaries, it is about taking innovation in beer to a whole new level."

Mr Watt added that a beer such as Tactical Nuclear Penguin should be drunk in "spirit sized measures".

A warning on the label states: "This is an extremely strong beer; it should be enjoyed in small servings and with an air of aristocratic nonchalance. In exactly the same manner that you would enjoy a fine whisky, a Frank Zappa album or a visit from a friendly yet anxious ghost."

However Jack Law, of Alcohol Focus Scotland, described it was a "cynical marketing ploy" and said: "We want to know why a brewer would produce a beer almost as strong as whisky."

The beer has been launched on the day alcohol was at the top of the political agenda with the unveiling of the Scottish government's Alcohol Bill including proposals for minimum pricing on drink.

Meanwhile, BrewDog's plans for a new headquarters to produce millions of bottles of beer a year have been approved by Aberdeenshire Council.

The decision was taken at a full council meeting despite having been recommended for refusal by officers because the site at Potterton, near Aberdeen, is in the green belt.

James Watt said Tactical Nuclear Penguin would sell for £30

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/north_east/8380412.stm

and

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/magazinemonitor/2009/11/fridays_quote_of_the_day_91.shtml

Originally posted here.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:23 pm 

I don't drink anymore but if I did I would have a Leffe Blonde ale but since I don't I'll have a bottle of Mason's Root Beer!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:39 am 

One of these Image & a shot of this Image Please !