Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:15 pm 

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/walmart.asp<br><br> :o

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:39 am 

I just found out yesterday my company is giving every employee on my division a $15 Walmart gift certificate. I boycott Walmart for their being the worst employer on the planet as far as western culture. First off the outrage of a cheap gift certificate, then Walmart. I'll just put it in a Salvation Army kettle.  :(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:01 am 

Christ that's an ironic tale ZardozII. Talk about a slap in the face with a wet fish. In fact it's quite an elaborate irony that reminds me of Vonnegut's style. Some poor kid will end up getting your voucher and buy a gift that was originally donated possibly even by you in one of those parcels you mentioned in another thread that you put together. A pithy tale indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:16 am 

My being a union employee meant never getting a year end bonus, which I came to expect. then since 1986 we haven't gotten a fair contract to keep up with inflation. The philosophy that your can work more, with less people. The American railroads are making record profits, but go with the flow of the rest of corporate America and cry poverty. In a business that was one of the first to begin the downsizing 1985 that is ever so popular now a days, for example in 1970 there was 2 million Locomotive Engineers, today there is 52,000. Every craft on the railroad is working with skeleton crews, but we haven't been enriched in the process. It's created a work force that is disfunctional, the one term I have come to dispise is 'Empowerment' it is a useless term in corporatations today. The railroads downsized so much that they can't find replacements. We baby boomers will be gone by 2014, by 2008 they need to replace 80,000 workers, by 2014 they need 140,000. This new generation hasn't seen the benefits my generation was afforded when the railroads treated their employees like family. To ask someone to be on call 24/7, no holidays off (mabey Christmas if your lucky) plus you work them for straight time, forget a family life it's non-excistent seeing your gone quite a bit. The newbies usually quit within the first year. It still pays good on the railroad starting out around $50-60,000 a year, but it's a lot of sacrifice.  8)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:27 am 

those cheap dirty bastards >:(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:30 am 

WalMart is truly EVIL >:(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:26 am 

Walmart apologizes for Christmas sweater with apparent drug reference

Walmart is saying sorry for making available a Christmas sweater with an apparent drug reference.

The sweater featured an image of Santa Claus behind a table with three white lines that look similar to cocaine lines. Below the image is the phrase "Let it snow." The Global News, a Canadian news organization, first reported the apology.

"These sweaters, sold by a third-party seller on Walmart.ca, do not represent Walmart's values and have no place on our website," Walmart said in a statement on Saturday. "We have removed these products from our marketplace. We apologize for any unintended offence this may have caused."

The sweater did not appear to be available as of Sunday night. Walmart declined to comment further on Sunday.

Third-party sellers are able to make products available on Walmart Marketplace — a portal on which Walmart can approve sellers to use its website.

Walmart has faced similar issues before. In 2017, the company apologized for an offensive slur used by a third-party seller in a product listing on its website.

And it's not the first time this holiday season that a third-party seller has brought scrutiny to a major online retailer. Earlier in December, Amazon pulled Christmas ornaments showing the Auschwitz concentration camp.

Images used showed the train tracks leading to the entrance of Auschwitz II-Birkenau and a number of scenes inside the camps, where around 1 million Jewish people are estimated to have been killed during World War II. Amazon removed the products when the Auschwitz Memorial tweeted about them.