Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:09 am 

Sure glad Ian, Scott, and Ray were identified in the captions, because I wouldn't have recognized any of them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:31 pm 

I recognized Scott right away, but not Ian and Ray

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:37 pm 

I recognized Ray because I met him a few years back in Chico and I recognized Scott because he played with ZPZ a couple of years back and we sat right in front of him in the third row, but I did not have recognized Ian... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:57 pm 

Ian was in that Apostrophe/Over-Nite Sensation Classic Albums doc that came out 10 years ago or so and he looks more or less the same as he did then. Scott has been active on social media and been playing in a popular Nor Cal band in recent years called Mother Hips as well as that ZPZ run so he’s still very recognizable to me, and I saw Ray several times with ZPZ as well as that show in Chico Plook was referencing. I’ve followed him quite a bit on social media too, touring with Project/Object and whatnot.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:13 pm 

KUIII wrote:
Ian was in that Apostrophe/Over-Nite Sensation Classic Albums doc that came out 10 years ago or so and he looks more or less the same as he did then. Scott has been active on social media and been playing in a popular Nor Cal band in recent years called Mother Hips as well as that ZPZ run so he’s still very recognizable to me, and I saw Ray several times with ZPZ as well as that show in Chico Plook was referencing. I’ve followed him quite a bit on social media too, touring with Project/Object and whatnot.

"whatnot"...dude you gotta get out of the YC its affecting your brain... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:16 pm 

Plook wrote:
KUIII wrote:

"whatnot"...dude you gotta get out of the YC its affecting your brain... :mrgreen:

That’s a term I learned while trying to escape from one of YC’s feral chicken herds.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:33 pm 

"With same color shadows, in seamed knobbed knees, and what-nots".

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:56 pm 

I see that Alex and Keanu Reeves are set to start filming a new Bill & Ted movie. I hope it doesn’t slow down the doc although it should be kind of fun to see Bill & Ted at 50.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 10:13 pm 

Project Update #77: WHO THE F*@% IS FRANK ZAPPA?
by Alex Winter
April 29th, 2019

RIP Bruce B

Heartbroken today. I spent some very quality time with the truly amazing Mr. Bickford over the last few years. Grateful for that time and the work he did on the doc. Look forward to sharing it with everyone.

-Alex

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24