Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 589 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:15 pm 

I agree, don't see anything awkward. Explain, please. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:09 pm 

Is everything an acceptable answer??

I'm scared that these are the guys in control of the legacy of my hero. Maybe that comes natural with being an other of intention.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:42 pm 

Nothing awkward about a group of businessmen excavating Zappa's life's work.

What do you think FZ meant when he took the time to get up out of his deathbed to do a television interview where he said "it's not important to even be remembered"? I think it was a cry for help to Alex.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:24 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZcc_u97D-4&t=263s

Joe Travers mentions that he is in the middle of production on two mammoth audio projects to be announced next year..... 8)

I'm comfortable with my investment in getting FZ's suff saved for future release, on the face of it these guys seem to know what they're doing and we can trust vaultmeister Joe, he's been instrumental in a bunch of the posthumous albums we've managed to get our ears on.....

VAULT CLIPS

https://emails.kickstarter.com/mpss/c/0 ... Ap3QS04aXk

https://emails.kickstarter.com/mpss/c/0 ... YhDaIhA1Lm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTZDcLKoliY

Last edited by Gray_Ghost on Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:03 pm 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZcc_u97D-4&t=263s

Joe Travers mentions that he is in the middle of production on two mammoth audio projects to be announced next year..... 8)

I'm comfortable with my investment in getting FZ's suff saved for future release, on the face of it these guys seem to know what they're doing and we can trust vaultmeister Joe, he's been instrumental in a bunch of the posthumous albums we've managed to get our ears on.....

I agree. Whatever you think about the 30/30/20/20 split issue the ZFT now seems to be doing a great job as far as managing the vault and impending releases. At the same time Dweezil continues to do a great job with his band. There are no sides to be taken from a fan's perspective. Just keep it up!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:52 pm 

^^ A fan of FZ or DZ?

I'm an FZ fan, I'm not a fan of DZ at all. Not even a little bit.

You can't reproduce emotional content. Shouldn't try. If you try you force me to pick a side. I pick the one who had the courage to forge his own unique musical path.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:38 pm 

the vault clips

https://emails.kickstarter.com/mpss/c/0 ... Ap3QS04aXk

https://emails.kickstarter.com/mpss/c/0 ... YhDaIhA1Lm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTZDcLKoliY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:29 am 

Update #55 For backers only.
Jan 22 2017

“Beware of the fish people.”

Greetings, Freaks!

Here's a little update from the current location of THE VAULT, where all the magic is happening.
(Clip Here)

Some of the clips we talk about are below! The rest we're whipping up so I can share them with you guys by next month's update! In the meantime, enjoy this new footage from the Vault!

Welcome to 2017

It’s a new year and a new administration. Seems timely to send these two nuggets... Right after the inauguration in 1989, Frank said:

“Let's not be too tough on our own ignorance. It's the thing that makes America great. If America weren't incomparably ignorant, how could we have tolerated the last eight years?”

Just wanted to share that sentiment.

And here he is with more of his classically controversial wisdom later, at a Pro-Choice rally in Santa Monica, Los Angeles.

Found this in the Vault, now safely digitized thanks to you guys. Hope you enjoy these two clips of Frank at his most Frank, and, unbelievably, these words are just as needed today:
(Clip Here)

“You can’t let these lunatics change the way things work around here.” -FZ
(Clip Here)

On a less political note

Another gem from the Vault — here’s some freshly discovered band footage from Albany, NY, Feb. 2 1988:
(Clip Here)

The audio is thrashed on this specific clip, but I’m hoping we’ll come across proper audio of the show and maybe even of the rehearsal somewhere in the stacks, so don't be discouraged. And the backstage stuff is great. Hope to use some of it in the doc.

An Update about REWARDS

As you may recall, back in October, we asked all you guys for the final answer on what rewards you wanted and what your shipping info was and got a better ideas of how fast we could make all this happen. Then, with that critical info, we updated the shipping estimates for the first round of rewards in our FAQ. And great news from Zappa Movie HQ: We're right on track!

All the rewards that that don't have to do with the doc (those come later when the doc is finished!) are heading to the shipping center now and will be mailed out in February. We will send you an update when they ship, so you know to keep an eye out!

We appreciate your patience; there are a lot of you awesome folks to reward which means there have been a TON of rewards to make, prep and ship. We’ll give you a taste of what that insane process has been like in the next update!

Last but not least, the Throat Singers!

Last month, I mentioned coming across footage of the infamous Tuvan folk singers jam which took place at Frank’s house with Terry Bozzio and Johnny "Guitar" Watson.

I love the work FZ did with these amazing singers, and was hoping I’d unearth some footage of them during our excavation. Here’s a little clip of that we pulled over for you.
(Clip Here)

Will keep it coming!

Alex Winter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alexwinter/frank-zappa/posts/1789477

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:53 pm 

So, on a the political note, is Alex comparing Ronald Reagan with Barack Obama?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:38 pm 

Update #56

Feb 15 2017

A look at rewards, AND more juicy tidbits from the Vault. PLUS: a Zappa family birthday!

Happy Valentine’s Day Freaks!

Our Valentine’s gift to you is a peek inside the other vault – the one filled with the awesome rewards that are going out to all of you. Here’s a video I made that gives a little tour of Zappa Team Central and the Mystery Bags!

We'll be sending out the Mystery Bags in late February/early March, so keep an eye on your email for a shipping notification from us!

Mr. B’s Birthday:

February 11 was the Amazing Bruce Bickford’s birthday! I had the good fortune of spending quality time with Bruce both at his birthday bash in LA and in his hometown of Seattle, where we discussed some incredible ideas for the documentary!

Bruce informed me that he had more artwork from what became the great art piece we made available to you last year. Here is a detail from one of the other pieces he made which lead to the finished piece. Thanks Bruce for sharing this with us! And happy birthday!!

Take me to The Vault!

I want to leave you with some short but choice pieces I’ve uncovered in the vault preservation work. The first two clips I referred to in the last update, and are from the legendary performance of Yellow Shark in Frankfurt. YS is one of my very favorite Zappa albums and it’s one of the things I’ve been scouring for, along with any footage from the Garrick Theater, but more on that soon. And following the two concert clips is a little snippet of FZ working on the Varèse sessions at Warner Brothers Studios in July of 1993. This is sadly near the very end of Frank’s life, but the passion and joy he has for the work is ever-present. Hope you enjoy the clips!

In future, I'll be sharing some longer pieces with you, as the sound is making its way through the preservation pipeline and we have begun the process of syncing it up to the imagery. It's hard to convey how mammoth this undertaking is, so thanks again for making it happen!

And stay tuned!

Alex Winter

Some very nice short clips of FZ conducting, and in the control room with a full beard.....and a wee movie of Alex showing us the Zappa tm stuff their preparing to send out, and you, yes you can still buy to give the coffers a boost.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:22 pm 

Update #57

Mar 13 2017

ON THE BUS: Rewards are go, audio mayhem + more vault clips! PLUS: the beginning of movie news!

Greetings from the Deep Dive, Freaks!

First, let me share some news I'm really happy about:
The bulk of our Zappa Movie Kickstarter rewards are on the bus – that is they are now shipped out to you!

Of course, a few things won't be out until the movie is done (like the DVDs and official soundtracks), and I only just got many hundreds of posters that I am signing as fast as my wrist can take it, but everything that CAN ship is on its way. The only other things we're still working on right now are some of the original artwork, which we're still getting from our incredible guest artists. Just a heads up: if you're expecting an original art print, your rewards will take a little bit longer... but it'll be worth the wait!

Oh, before we keep moving, I also want to take a second to explain why these rewards have taken so long to send out. (It's just some t-shirts, right? How hard could it be?) It's a totally reasonable question, so I want to give you an honest answer.

Here's what it comes down to:

We have almost ten thousand backers. and literal truckloads of rewards that all had to be organized and – in most cases – designed and produced from scratch. It’s a huge amount of labor and (as you know) we’re a small independent outfit. In a perfect world, we would have hired even more people to help make the work go faster – but if we spent more on the rewards, we wouldn't have enough to keep our promise of preserving all the endangered historical material in the Vault.

(Remember, that's an incredibly expensive endeavor, and the math is pretty cut and dried on our end, and we take the preservation work very seriously!)

So, even though it took longer than we had expected, the good news is that we're not too far behind schedule, and our awesome rewards team have worked their butts off to make sure we're getting it all done without cutting into the preservation budget.

Bickford Outtakes
Also, while we're talking about rewards... we had a great response to the piece of outtake FZ Kickstarter art from Bruce Bickford in the last update, so Bruce was awesome enough to share a couple more with us! Check these out:
(Image)
(Image)
We love Bruce!

Now that you know what's up with your rewards, let's talk about the really important mission we've all undertaken together: preserving the Vault!

Audio from hell!
Great news: We’re getting to the last big batches of material and will be finishing up with the preservation process around mid-summer.

One interesting challenge I wanted to share with you is how tricky the audio has been. Most of the audio I’m dealing with is very sensitive magnetic track that corresponds to visual material. Sadly, a little of this was already beyond repair... but the vast majority of it was saved in our process, and is being worked on by some of the best audio restoration companies in the business. So, that is a huge relief... and it's why time was of the essence!

Syncing the preserved audio back to the visual material is a slow, meticulous process. It's also why we have so much silent media at this stage of the game, like this amazing and never seen – but currently mute – piece from the Garrick Theater. With FZ playing the Hagström guitar.
(Video Clip)

I'm not telling you this to make excuses for how long this is all taking. I just wanted to share what this process has been like from our POV: it's an excavation mission that requires a lot of patience! But, now that most of the audio has been preserved and restored, we're finally starting to sync it up with the corresponding visuals and video and film, so I'm looking forward to sharing some of that material soon!

Then I watched a movie from Hollywood.
Now that we’re on the back-end of the archival portion of the project, I’m beginning to map out the plan for the doc. It will be a little while before we get started, as first we need all the media archived, and then we have to organize the media for viewing.

And honestly, we have so much extraordinary, unseen content that this footage will drive what story we’re telling and how... so, I don’t want to start the doc before I have all the goods! Rest assured, I will let you all know how the film is progressing as we go.

One thing I can already tell you is that I intend to go deep into FZ's filmmaking. We have great unused footage from Baby Snakes and Uncle Meat, as well as many home movie projects.

Here’s a hilarious behind the scenes moment of FZ working on Uncle Meat:
(Video Clip)

(And yes, the voice in the background razzing Frank is the genius Haskell Wexler, who famously shot the movie.)

I’m also eyeing a lot of ephemera for the movie, both performance and personal.

Like these two clips from 1982; one from a soundcheck before a show in Italy. For those who want to check it against a set list, the showdate is July 8th, 1982 at Stadio Comunale, Pistoia, Italy. ; )
(Video Clip)

And this clip is FZ goofing around on a Tricycle for a Norman Seef photo shoot:
(Video Clip)

Anyway, that's it for this round, but keep an eye on the mail for your rewards!

Hope you enjoy them: they were collected, designed, and created with a lot of love and gratitude! (If you want to share photos with your rewards, or wearing your Zappa poncho, be sure to @ZappaMovie so we can see them!

And, of course, continue to watch this space for more news as we wind up this leg of our journey together, and get started on the next phase: Telling the Story.

Anon!

Alex Winter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:04 am 

Securing Frank Zappa’s Vault

by Larson Sutton on March 15, 2017

Laurel Canyon is an affluent hideaway neighborhood in Los Angeles, an idyllic enclave between the San Fernando Valley’s suburban sprawl and the notorious glam of Hollywood’s Sunset Strip. In the 1970s, the hillside haven hatched the singer-songwriter scene immortalized by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young’s “Our House” and became the backdrop of the grisly Wonderland murders in 1981. For composer and avant-garde musician Frank Zappa, his wife, Gail, and their four children— Moon, Dweezil, Ahmet and Diva—it was the perfect home.

Ahmet was just a child when the clawing, gnashing machines came and devoured the family’s front yard. On orders from Frank, a promising patch of green was replaced with an enormous hole earmarked for a subterranean chamber of concrete and concealment or, more precisely, the Vault.

Not long after purchasing the 1930s Tudor, Frank set out to transform part of the six-bathroom, seven-bedroom house into his personal laboratory. He constructed a rehearsal space and full recording studio, dubbed the Utility Muffin research Kitchen. And he built the Vault, with rows upon rows of shelving stretched wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling for the storage of boxes and boxes of audiotape and film, under the most ideal of atmospheric conditions.

In music’s modern parlance, the word “vault” has become a marketing dinner bell, ringing every time a record label needs source credibility for another lost track or vintage concert excavated from the rock-and-roll catacombs. It’s the go-to seductive axiom—“from the vault”—luring any fan base insatiable in its desire for more pieces of the past. For the Zappas, it was the word that filled the crater in their lawn.

“The Vault was a very exciting thing growing up in our house,” says Ahmet Zappa, who is now 42. “They dug out a massive, massive climate-controlled room organized to be a safe place, under lock and key, like a library.”

Frank taped everything— every session, performance, rehearsal, even casual jams at the house. If he didn’t like something, then he taped over it, and by the time of his death in 1993 of prostate cancer, he had amassed decades of recordings that have served as the basis for over 100 albums from their creator. He also left behind the precarious questions of his legacy: Who would manage the Vault, and what would be done with its contents?

For a short time, Mike Keneally, a former guitarist for Frank’s bands in the ‘80s, helped the Zappa Family Trust, directed by Gail, maintain the Vault. In 1995, the archive found its Vaultmeister in Joe Travers, a one-time drummer in Ahmet and Dweezil’s band, Z. After 22 years of identifying, cataloging, transferring and preserving the trove, Ahmet suspects Travers is only halfway through the immense collection.

“It’s a musical Hogwarts,” Ahmet says.

Frank considered the tapes important commodities—both the finished products and, more important, the raw materials. Often, he would extract sections, or select solos, from live performances and edit them into either studio takes or other concert recordings. A savant’s sense of recollection fed his perfectionism.

The great Roman Orator Cicero is said to have remembered his speeches by storing them in a mind palace, accessing the words by visualizing them as parts of an imaginary room. The Vault was Frank’s palace; his recall was like a human card catalog.

“I trip out on how he made these recordings,” Ahmet says. “He was someone who could remember the room tone of the places he played, plus the tempo of the song, to be able to match these recordings from different shows together. He kept that in his mind. It’s fascinating to me.”

So much has changed in the 23 years since Frank’s passing, most notably the ubiquity of digital information and its virtually infinite storage capabilities. The fragility of reel-to-reel tape only increases over time. “There is nothing more important than that original tape master,” Travers says. However, he knows that to both utilize and preserve the music, it must be converted to a digital domain.

Travers works to transfer every note from every inch of film to a digital format at the highest available conversion rate, and, ideally, for album masters, also create an analog safety copy. And, he concedes, the technology is constantly updating, with formats often migrating, leaving him resigned to the fact that “there really is no end in sight.”

Still, the real fun is in discovering and releasing the music. Ahmet and Travers view themselves as archaeologists, unearthing history one tape at a time, down to the fingerprint . “When we transfer the tape, we’re looking to see if Frank left any touch points,” explains Ahmet, “to see if he took anything from that tape.”

As with most archaeologists, they have their quests. Some are rooted in mythology and legend; others are grounded in fact. Somewhere in the endless stacks, Ahmet says— and Travers believes—is their Holy Grail. Somewhere in one of those cardboard boxes is a tape of Frank playing with Jimi Hendrix at the house.

“I talked to Frank and Gail about that day. I was like, ‘Frank and Jimi were just jamming, and they recorded that?’” says Ahmet. “We found [a tape of ] Eric Clapton and Frank just jamming. I would imagine that the Jimi Hendrix recording is the same way.”

Of the 100-plus releases credited to Frank Zappa, roughly 40 have come out since his passing, with the posthumous catalog under the executive control of Gail and the Zappa Family Trust. Following Gail’s death in October of 2015, leadership shifted, per her wishes, to Ahmet. Among the more conspicuous recent developments is a partnership forged between Zappa Records and Universal Music Enterprises.

“Universal’s really happy. We’re really happy,” Ahmet confirms.

“Frank Zappa is one of the most important and influential artists in music history,” says Bruce Resnikoff, president and CEO of Universal Music Enterprises. “With his legacy protected and guided by Ahmet Zappa and the Zappa Family Trust, we are privileged and look forward to collaborating and bringing his creative legacy in various forms to his new and longtime fans.”

In November of last year, Universal simultaneously released a trio of albums across three formats—digital, CD and vinyl—signifying an enthusiastic and aggressive approach to the new relationship: The Mothers of Invention’s Uncle Meat recast as Meat Light, a three-disc set including the original 1969 vinyl mix; Chicago ‘78, an unreleased concert recorded at the Uptown Theatre, presented in its entirety; and Little Dots, a sequel to Imaginary Diseases, featuring the 10-piece ensemble Petit Wazoo from the 1972 tour.

The Chicago ‘78 show, in particular, provides an insightful look into the trials and triumphs of the process. “That was one of Gail’s requests, a show from that year,” says Travers.

With that instruction, he went to work. Pulling tapes from 1978, the quality of the Chicago show stood out. There were problems, however.

Tape has finite length, and needed to be changed at various points during the concert. Gaps could, and often would, occur while the band was performing. To fill these spot , Travers sought out alternatives, like a separate second tape and a mixing-board cassette, editing the three into one uninterrupted sequence— a process he outlines rather specifically in the album's liner notes.

This effort speaks to the meticulous attention to detail that the self-professed geeks Ahmet and Travers strive for in the preparation and presentation of each album. “We raise the bar in keeping as much information available to the consumer [as possible],” says Travers. “In the audiophile world, those types of details mean a lot to people.”

“I like the minutiae,” says Ahmet. “I like the historical nature.”

“That’s why it’s important that we listed where we got the other sources,” Travers concludes.

Quality control is paramount. Travers laments the days he cues up a reel only to discover an engineer’s poorly crafted house mix of an otherwise excellent performance. “From a historical perspective, it can be really disappointing,” he explains. “The older the tapes are, the greater the chance is to not have the kind of releasable fidelity you would expect.”

Among the most challenging projects was the completion of a concert film originally intended for release four decades prior. Plagued by technical complications, Roxy: The Movie was filmed and recorded over three December nights in 1973 at the famed Sunset Strip club of the same name. Simply put, an equipment failure that was not realized at the time resulted in video and audio that could not be synchronized. The tapes went into the Vault.

Frank did assemble a terrific album, Roxy & Elsewhere, from the scrapped plans, but the original concept of a concert film had to wait on technology. Through a painstaking procedure matching every frame with every note—possible with digital editing advancements 40 years later—Gail and Ahmet worked tirelessly with editor John Albarian to finally realize Frank’s vision.

“Some things we couldn’t put out 10 years ago, [but] now we have so many releases we can do,” says Ahmet.

A week before the film's debut, Gail died of lung cancer. “We did it, Mom!” an emotional Ahmet shouted at the movie’s Hollywood premiere.

As a trustee, Gail was heavily involved in every aspect of the family business, right up until the end. This past December, Frank’s 200 Motels (The Suites), which was produced by Gail and Frank Filipetti, was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Classical Compendium. "200 Motels (The Suites) was an important project for Gail and a real labor of love. It was one of the last albums my mother worked on creatively,” Ahmet said in a press release.

Transitions can be difficult Gail’s chosen successor has experienced some clashes with his siblings. The most public ones were Ahmet’s exchanges with his brother Dweezil over usage of Frank’s name in merchandise, which played out, to Ahmet’s expressed dismay, in open letters on social media and in The New York Times. As Freak Out!, The Mothers of Invention’s debut, marked its 50th anniversary this past summer, the Zappas’ Laurel Canyon estate was sold, reportedly for $5.25 million to pop megastar Lady Gaga. On social media, fans of Frank’s expressed their hopes that she will keep the quirky compound relatively intact.

“With my mother’s unfortunate passing, there was so much going on—all the things that needed to happen over that year,” says Ahmet.

Optimistically, he looks to the opportunities ahead. In May, Ahmet plans to open Utility Muffin research Kitchen’s new location, and a home for a new vault. “When you’re in the control room, behind you will be windows into the room, and you’ll be able to see just how much content Frank made,” Ahmet says. “It will be the crown jewel of this space.”

Above the internal squabbles and business dealings, Ahmet says that his priority remains pleasing the fans. It was a Kickstarter campaign to fund Alex Winter’s documentary Who the F*@% Is Frank Zappa? that opened new avenues into that community. “The communication between the fans, how passionate they are about Frank, was different through the Kickstarter environment than the way we were communicating with people through Zappa.com,” says Ahmet. “It gave us this dialogue back and forth that I was overwhelmed with.”

He talks of an impending website overhaul, where content will be easily searchable, including more video. In the middle of his excitement, he brainstorms an idea with Travers. “This is me spitballing right now, but we might consider a fan request— people that were at a show and wanting a specific song the remember from that night. Pick all those moments and put a disc together,” imagines Ahmet. “That might be really fun.”

Frank Zappa’s Vault, this voluminous accumulation of his life’s work, continues to mirror its maker in the best possible way. It’s vast and somewhat mysterious, perhaps even intimidating, yet still accessible—and bound to keep his family and fans entertained and curious for a long time.

“People are discovering Frank now more than ever. We could just put things up and not care as much. But, for those real audiophiles, we maximize our budgets to make these sets as good as we possibly can,” says Ahmet. “I couldn’t be happier for Frank.”

https://www.relix.com/articles/detail/s ... ppas_vault

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:04 pm 

Good stuff!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:41 pm 

My backer box showed up in the mail yesterday!
And it was a large box, like 12"x20"x24".
There were a lot of surprises.
Yes, the t-shirt,
yes the poncho,
some stickers and buttons.
Also, a tote bag.
But there's a Frank Zappa 200 Motels keychain which made me laugh.
And a chunk of UMRK cable.
They threw in sealed copies of
The Yellow Shark on cassette,
Imaginary Diseases on cd and,
The Torture Never Stops on dvd (NTSC).
There's a 'zappa' patch,
an 'F-Zappa' license plate from 'the show me state' made out of metal and encased in shrink wrap while still being suitable for mounting on your car, or your headboard or, whatever,
and a Honker Home Video unsharpened pencil made out of actual wood with the 818-Pumpkin phone number and the Hollywood POBox # on it.

There's also a 'Mystery bag' manila envelope that has a number of individual facsimile items.
Several vintage photo post cards,
many sticker type things including (but not limited to) a concertgebouw concert ticket, backstage passes, a 10-1-74 Basel foldout concert poster, and a couple art pieces that were clearly originally made by FZ.
And several setlists backed by a sheet listing expenses (incl insurance, bmi/ascap, lighting, "poster boys", and food), for 'outside salt palace'. Funny.

All in all, definitely $100 worth of merch type stuff - if that was all I was looking forward to.

And the documentary (and more) is yet to come.

So, this is some physical-evidence type indication that the Alex Winter doc people are trying to make the entire enterprise worth everybody's while. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:30 pm 

That's all sounds pretty cool. I'm onboard with the ZFT and what they're doing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:07 pm 

Oh baby, I'm watchin' and I'm waitin'.....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:43 am 

punknaynowned wrote:
They threw in sealed copies of
The Yellow Shark on cassette,
Imaginary Diseases on cd and,
The Torture Never Stops on dvd (NTSC).

I got Sheik Yerbouti for the cassette and Buffalo for the CD, but also the Torture DVD. I declined the poncho, but added on the guitar picks (which were included) and the book (which presumably has not been produced yet).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:25 pm 

Can one still get in on this bonanza of Zappa stuff???

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:00 pm 

Plook wrote:

No.

See what your obsession with jellyfish cost you? YOU COULD HAVE HAD ALL THAT STUFF TOO!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:55 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Plook wrote:

No.

See what your obsession with jellyfish cost you? YOU COULD HAVE HAD ALL THAT STUFF TOO!

I've been thinking about staging an intervention.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:26 am 

KUIII wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
Plook wrote:

No.

I've been thinking about staging an intervention.

There is always a way, who do I contact, and I only do Jellyfish on the weekend... :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:51 am 

My stuff ain't here yet!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:08 pm 

I didn't give much. So a couple of days ago I got a cheesy orange parka with the mustache on it, 2 half dollar sized stickers, and a cheaply made t-shirt.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:16 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I didn't give much. So a couple of days ago I got a cheesy orange parka with the mustache on it, 2 half dollar sized stickers, and a cheaply made t-shirt.

How much did you give? I only gave $10 and I got an email wanting my address so they could send me my rewards. I didn't respond as I wasn't expecting anything.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:56 pm 

KUIII wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:

How much did you give? I only gave $10 and I got an email wanting my address so they could send me my rewards. I didn't respond as I wasn't expecting anything.

Forward it to me, I send it in... :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 589 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next