Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 589 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:09 am 

Sure glad Ian, Scott, and Ray were identified in the captions, because I wouldn't have recognized any of them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:31 pm 

I recognized Scott right away, but not Ian and Ray

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:37 pm 

I recognized Ray because I met him a few years back in Chico and I recognized Scott because he played with ZPZ a couple of years back and we sat right in front of him in the third row, but I did not have recognized Ian... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:57 pm 

Ian was in that Apostrophe/Over-Nite Sensation Classic Albums doc that came out 10 years ago or so and he looks more or less the same as he did then. Scott has been active on social media and been playing in a popular Nor Cal band in recent years called Mother Hips as well as that ZPZ run so he’s still very recognizable to me, and I saw Ray several times with ZPZ as well as that show in Chico Plook was referencing. I’ve followed him quite a bit on social media too, touring with Project/Object and whatnot.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:13 pm 

KUIII wrote:
Ian was in that Apostrophe/Over-Nite Sensation Classic Albums doc that came out 10 years ago or so and he looks more or less the same as he did then. Scott has been active on social media and been playing in a popular Nor Cal band in recent years called Mother Hips as well as that ZPZ run so he’s still very recognizable to me, and I saw Ray several times with ZPZ as well as that show in Chico Plook was referencing. I’ve followed him quite a bit on social media too, touring with Project/Object and whatnot.

"whatnot"...dude you gotta get out of the YC its affecting your brain... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:16 pm 

Plook wrote:
KUIII wrote:

"whatnot"...dude you gotta get out of the YC its affecting your brain... :mrgreen:

That’s a term I learned while trying to escape from one of YC’s feral chicken herds.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:33 pm 

"With same color shadows, in seamed knobbed knees, and what-nots".

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:56 pm 

I see that Alex and Keanu Reeves are set to start filming a new Bill & Ted movie. I hope it doesn’t slow down the doc although it should be kind of fun to see Bill & Ted at 50.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 10:13 pm 

Project Update #77: WHO THE F*@% IS FRANK ZAPPA?
by Alex Winter
April 29th, 2019

RIP Bruce B

Heartbroken today. I spent some very quality time with the truly amazing Mr. Bickford over the last few years. Grateful for that time and the work he did on the doc. Look forward to sharing it with everyone.

-Alex

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:32 pm 

Project Update #78: WHO THE F*@% IS FRANK ZAPPA? by Alex Winter

THAT WOULD (SOON) BE THE END OF THAT

Movie status, summer plans and a big mother of a vault nugget to tide you folks over...

WAY BACK A LONG TIME AGO!

And what a wondrous journey it's been. We started this project over four years ago, and are now locking up picture on the edit and moving into the mixing phase. It will still be some time before it's all done and in your hot little hands, but lion share of the labor to build this thing is nearly done. I'm turning reels over to our genius sound designer and mixer Lon Bender who will spend the next few months constructing soundscapes and making the whole thing sing! We will then look at our roll out and I'll let everyone know as soon as we do where and when it will world premiere.

Here's a couple shots of the process from where we're sitting:

Editor Mike Nichols & Sound Designer/Supervisor Lon Bender in pre-mix.

Here's Mike Nichols' edit timeline for the whole movie!

YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON STAGE ANYMORE!

For those of you who've been asking, yes I'm making another Bill and Ted movie and we'll be heading off shortly to shoot said madness. So this will be the last update for a little while. I'll be returning to finish the mix and color correct and all the graphics when I'm done, and when the sound team has had time to work to the tracks.

To tide you over, here's a particularly meaty and never before seen visual of Zappa going OFF, at the Pier in NYC in August of 1984. With the following wizards on stage:

Ike Willis, Ray White, Scott Thunes, Chad Wackerman, Allan Zavod & Bobby Martin

https://youtu.be/H9yTpROg8So

Hope you dug the clip! I'll post further news as I have it, about completion of the film and our plans for moving forward with the premiere and roll out!

Anon,

VERY 8)

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:07 am 

but contrary to all the others this video has already been taken down 'by user'.

Wonder what's up with that?

edit: And just like that it's fixed!
Thanks Alex and his team for all you do!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:23 am 

punknaynowned wrote:
but contrary to all the others this video has already been taken down 'by user'.

Wow, I just watched that maybe an hour or so ago... :shock:

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:34 am 

Plook wrote:
punknaynowned wrote:

Wow, I just watched that maybe an hour or so ago... :shock:

Here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULOEpvBd2s8

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:36 pm 

All is revealed:

Project Update #79: WHO THE F*@% IS FRANK ZAPPA? by Alex Winter

Video clip redux

Sorry, we had an issue with the video. Kickstarter doesn't allow editing updates so here's the clip again and my blurb on it:

YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON STAGE ANYMORE!

For those of you who've been asking, yes I'm making another Bill and Ted movie and we'll be heading off shortly to shoot said madness. So this will be the last update for a little while. I'll be returning to finish the mix and color correct and all the graphics when I'm done, and when the sound team has had time to work to the tracks.

To tide you over, here's a particularly meaty and never before seen visual of Zappa going OFF, at the Pier in NYC in August of 1984. With the following wizards on stage:

Ike Willis, Ray White, Scott Thunes, Chad Wackerman, Allan Zavod & Bobby Martin

https://youtu.be/ULOEpvBd2s8

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 589 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24