Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: He's so gay!
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:51 pm 

Catholic Church Ponders Future After Same-Sex Marriage Vote in Ireland

Gerry Adams, head of the Sinn Fein, greeted supporters of same-sex marriage at Dublin Castle on Saturday. The referendum
was passed with 62 percent of votes.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:07 pm 

Well, there's 44 men stashed away in tank C
An' there's only one shower, but it don't apply to Bobby

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:10 pm 

Location: Behind a ultra-avant laminated, simulated replica-mahogany desk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:48 am 

GAY PRIDE PARADE BREAKS CROWD RECORDS AND COLOR BOUNDARIES

Washington, D.C. - The LGBT community is waiting for the US Supreme Court’s decision on same sex marriage, but in the meantime, it held its annual Capital Pride Parade, during which a gay couple got wed. According to organizers, the gay pride parade broke not only crowd records but also color boundaries.

George Carrancho and Sean Franklin were the lucky newlyweds. They met in Texas, where same-sex marriage is still illegal and although they reside in New York, they decided to make a statement by wedding in Washington DC. Their marriage was officiated during the parade, on a float.

Thousands of people gathered to take part in the Pride Parade which was celebrated in the Metro’s Red Line, up to Dupont Circle.

More than 35 US states have already legalized gay marriage. At the end of this month, the US Supreme Court will announce its decision.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:45 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:14 am 

My Brother-in-Law is gay and I love him.
(wait...that didn't sound right... did it?)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:08 am 

Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
My Brother-in-Law is gay and I love him.
(wait...that didn't sound right... did it?)

I'm trying to figure out the relationship. If he's your brother in law, he's married to your sister? I would think that wouldn't make him gay. Unless you have a brother that's gay and that's who he's married to. Or maybe he married your sister then realized he was gay.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:34 am 

Its galoot's wife's bother.
probably.
TT

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:58 am 

deuce wrote:
probably.
TT

Brilliant - Give that man a cigar! :mrgreen:

Translation: It probably is galoot's wife's brother.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:09 am 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
deuce wrote:
probably.
TT

Brilliant - Give that man a cigar! :mrgreen:
Translation: It probably is galoot's wife's brother.

Adobe flash hacked me...
TT

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:13 am 

Oh yes. Duh.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:17 am 

Boy Scouts change to allow gay leaders a step forward, area leaders say

Religious leaders by turns welcomed or condemned a new Boy Scouts of America decision to allow gay leaders, even as the new policy shifts the decision to local churches that sponsor Scout troops.

If churches maintain the ban, the immediate effect on the troops they sponsor could be limited. But Scouting officials and other observers say the move marks a significant turning point in the history of a national institution.

The Scouts' 2.5 million youth members, ages 7 to 21, are organized into troops or packs that are sponsored by local churches or civic or school groups. Those sponsors choose who leads each unit, and the new Scout policy states that churches "may continue to use religious beliefs as criteria for selecting adult leaders, including matters of sexuality."

The policy is intended to let members and parents choose local units with similar beliefs, while respecting the right of churches to maintain their own beliefs.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:06 am 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:

A circle jerk while toasting marshmallows? Seems unsafe.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:39 am 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:09 am 

South Dakota passes transgender student bathroom ban bill

PIERRE, S.D. - South Dakota would be the first state in the U.S. to approve a law requiring transgender students to use bathrooms and locker rooms that correspond to their sex at birth if the governor signs a bill passed Tuesday by the state Senate.

The Senate voted 20-15 to send the bill to Republican Gov. Dennis Daugaard, who initially responded positively to the measure but said last week he'd need to study it more before making a decision.

Advocates say the bill is meant to protect the privacy of students, but opponents say it discriminates against vulnerable adolescents. CBS affiliate KELO in Sioux Falls reports that those opposed say that in addition to the likelihood it will lead to bullying, they also question the constitutionality of the bill and fear it will cost the state millions in lawsuits.

Under the plan, schools would have to provide a "reasonable accommodation" for transgender students, such as a single-occupancy bathroom or the "controlled use" of a staff-designated restroom, locker room or shower room.

Republican Sen. David Omdahl urged other legislators Tuesday to support the bill to "preserve the innocence of our young people."

Democratic lawmakers and some Republicans unsuccessfully opposed the measure in the Senate.

The American Civil Liberties Union of South Dakota and Human Rights Campaign have been vocal in their opposition to the measure and have called on Daugaard to veto the legislation.

"History has never looked kindly upon those who attack the basic civil rights of their fellow Americans, and history will not treat kindly those who support this discriminatory measure," Chad Griffin, the president of the LGBT-rights organization Human Rights Campaign, said in a statement Tuesday.

Transgender advocates have also criticized comments made by some lawmakers, including Omdahl, about transgender people.

"I'm sorry if you're so twisted you don't know who you are," Omdahl said at a recent event when asked about the bill. "I'm telling you right now, it's about protecting the kids, and I don't even understand where our society is these days."

Several states have looked at addressing gender and public facilities in the past several years. Late last year, the city of Houston was recently home to a bitter public fight over nondiscrimination rights that focused on transgender people's use of bathrooms.

But South Dakota would be the first state in the nation to put such a measure into law, said Joellen Kralik, a research analyst at the National Conference of State Legislatures.

The Legislature's passage of the bill is "shocking," said Thomas Lewis, a transgender student in his senior year at Lincoln High School in Sioux Falls, the state's most populous city.

"At this point, I'm hoping that the governor has a sense of humanity and the common sense not to write this bill into law," said Lewis, who is planning to attend college in Minnesota. "I am so glad to be leaving soon. I can escape the oppression that my home state wants to put on me."

Supporters say South Dakota's plan is a response to changes in the Obama administration's interpretation of the federal Title IX anti-discrimination law related to education. Federal officials have said that barring students from restrooms that match their gender identity is prohibited under Title IX.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:23 am 

A Gay Couple Wins MTV's Best Kiss Award

Actor Keiynan Lonsdale accepts the Best Kiss award for 'Love, Simon' from actors Alisha Boe, Dylan Minnette, Katherine Langford, and Miles Heizer onstage during the 2018 MTV Movie And TV Awards.(Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images for MTV)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:35 pm 

Gay how quaint :mrgreen: