Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:58 pm 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
Neither the Astros nor the Nationals looks like a really impressive baseball team. But they're scrappy, and man can they play. I hope this series goes seven games...
Right now, I'm hopin' it goes four and no more. 8)

That's understandable. But I don't give a shit who wins. And seeing as how there's no Yankees or Dodgers in the Series, it's a pretty good bet that most people watching the games don't give a shit who wins either.

As Fearless Leader is fond of saying, we'll see what happens...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:04 am 

Well, it looks like I'm runnin' low on give-a-shits, but I still care. :x

Last edited by Mr. Nice Guy on Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: World Series boobs
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:37 am 

Is this why last night's game isn’t being shown on mlb.tv? :x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zruqJFppTw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:56 am 

^^ :mrgreen: Milton Bradly seal of approval

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:55 am 

John Cole

Clay Jones

Dan Wasserman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:13 pm 

^^^The best thing that has happened in baseball in a very long time^^^

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:24 pm 

Melania looked pissed when she realized they were booing, it started as a cheer because they showed the Troops on the Jumbo Screen, when they switched to the Cheat-O the booing went nuts and Melania's face looked like she was ready to kill someone...they have not been exposed to people outside the 36% of Kool Aide drinkers, they have no idea, they are so isolated and probably don't care...they think they only need the 36% and everyone else confused by the Russians and they can repeat the win,....the scary part they are probably right!!!

:evil:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:55 pm 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
I hope this series goes seven games...
Well, what with home field disadvantage, the Nats have the Astros right where they want 'em. 8)

I think the umpires may have been just as relieved as the Nats fans when Rendon hit that homer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:38 am 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
I think the umpires may have been just as relieved as the Nats fans when Rendon hit that homer.

Well, the guy was running inside the baseline, and that is against the rules. But I've watched thousands and thousands of baseball games, and that's maybe the third time I've seen that rule invoked. Game six of the World Series is a hell of a time to dust that one off...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:03 pm 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Well, what with home field disadvantage, the Nats have the Astros right where they want 'em. 8)
Tickets to Game 7: $760
Plane tickets and hotel room: $1,290
Winning the World Series without your former star right fielder: Bryceless

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:23 pm 

^^ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:32 am 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:45 am 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Winning the World Series without your former star right fielder: Bryceless

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

It's probably a step down from Bryce Harper to Adam Eaton, but it's not a very big one. And Eaton's got something Harper doesn't: a World Series ring...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:35 pm 

Dave Granlund

R. J. Matson

Tom Stiglich

Milt Priggee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:31 am 

Major League Baseball Drops Marijuana From ‘Drug of Abuse’ List
League will also start testing more rigorously for opioids after player died this summer with mix of alcohol, fentanyl, *SPAM* in body

By Jon Blistein
December 13, 2019 4:15PM ET

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/major-league-baseball-marijuana-opioid-drug-test-927000/

Major League Baseball has removed marijuana from its list of “drugs of abuse” and announced that it will begin testing players for opioids after the league and the MLB Player’s Association agreed on new changes to the Joint Drug Program on Thursday.

As ESPN noted, marijuana offenses could often lead to a player being hit with a $35,000 fine per violation, but the changes to the policy mean marijuana-related offenses will now be treated the same as alcohol-related offenses. Players who test positive for marijuana will now be subject to a mandatory evaluation and will have the option of receiving treatment. Teams and the commissioner’s office can also discipline the player in response to “certain conduct.”

https://twitter.com/MLB_PR/status/1205157274676682752/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1205157274676682752&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rollingstone.com%2Fculture%2Fculture-news%2Fmajor-league-baseball-marijuana-opioid-drug-test-927000%2F

Speaking with ESPN, MLBPA head Tony Clark said the changes to league’s marijuana policy were partly in response to the growth of marijuana legalization around the country. “It was a part of a larger conversation that was reflective of the attitudes changing in many parts of the country,” he said.

These changes will also be implemented in the minor leagues in order to maintain continuity, as minor league players are notably not covered by the union. Previously, minor league players could face suspensions if they tested positive for marijuana on two or more occasions.

The other big change in the Joint Drug Program centered around more rigorous testing for opioids, which have been on the MLB’s “drugs of abuse” list but weren’t as big a focus as other substances, like performance-enhancing drugs. The conversation around opioid use in the MLB began to change this summer after Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs died in July, with a medical examiner ruling he choked on his vomit and had a mix of alcohol, fentanyl and *SPAM* in his body.

Clark acknowledged that it was “difficult to gauge” how many players were using opioids, but said the goal of the policy change wasn’t to put a number on it but take a more proactive approach in ensuring players get the help they need. “Players from our side of the equation recognize that there was an opportunity to take a leadership role here in this discussion,” he said. “Players aren’t immune to issues that affect all of us, and so the situation this year only heightened that, brought it even closer to home.”

Under the new Joint Drug Program guidelines, players will now be tested for opioids, fentanyl, cocaine and synthetic THC, and those who test positive will be referred to a treatment board. Only those who don’t cooperate with the treatment board will face discipline. The MLB will also start running educational programs for players that touch on the dangers of opioid pain medication as well as “practical approaches to marijuana.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9