Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:10 am 

Hmm, hard to narrow down, but mine are:<br><br>Bitch<br><br>Live With Me<br><br>Tumbling Dice<br><br>Let It Bleed<br><br>Love In Vain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:04 am 

[center]Image[/center]THIS overextended piece of shit marked the "beginning of the end" of The Stones creativity. Of course! "Rolling Stone maggotzine" proclaimed it their "Masterpiece" and maintains that assessment to this very day. If you like fun stuff that comes in cereal boxes you'll love this lump of shit in its LP incarnation with all the funny pictures on it, the perforated cards inside and fun inner sleaves. Maybe you can get through those round things with the sound on them that even include extended versions of unfinished songs these guys were obviously too fucked up to finish. After this disaster they managed to pop out "a thing here and there" that was OK ("Some Girls", maybe?) but as for writing, arranging and releasing albums it's been a really, really long time since they've done anything. (Of course I've never gotten either confirmation or disproof that Mr. Gates paid $30,000,000 to buy "Start Me Up" to launch his mega-advertising campaign for the August, 24, '95 release of "Windows95".)<br><br>--Batchain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:07 am 

Gimme Shelter, Monkey Man, Can't You Hear Me Knockin', Happy, 19th Nervous Breakdown, Rocks Off, Rip This Joint, One Hit To The Body...lots more.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:06 am 

all of let it bleed...<br><br>+<br><br>The Last Time,Heart Of Stone,Under My Thumb,Lets Spend The Night Together,Sympathy For The Devil,Paint It Black,Street Fighting Man,Salt Of The Earth,Wild Horses,Rocks Off,Tumbling Dice,Loving Cup,Happy,Torn And Frayed,All Down The Line,Star Star,Indian Girl,She's So Cold,Some Girls,Hang Fire,Mixed Emotions,Continental Drift.....and others that i can't remember.<br><br><br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:26 am 

ImageImage<br>Both amazing Albums....<br>I had this box set...<br>Image<br>T'was magnificent, all the early singles on it...still have the box and the book that came with it...just got no CD's  :'(<br>..and this one, I love it...<br>Image<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:19 am 

The only Rolling Stones CD I have is the bootleg "Through The Past, Starkly." (I don't know if or how many other titles this boot has shown up under.) The audio is good, I made a back-up tape of it in case it was easily fucked up after a few plays and I still plan to burn a CD back up. It's a '66 through '71 boot compilation that has the distinction of including the infamous, "Cocksucker Blues" -- not exactly "outrageous" by "today's standards" or any "standards" at all in a long, long time but in '68 it probably turned some heads shouting about "Where do I get my cock sucked/Where do I get my ass fucked?"<br>The rest of it is just a good compilation of those '66 -- '71 years.<br><br>--Batchain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:35 am 

Aaaahhh...The Rolling Stones !<br><br>There's another one of those bands that (like The Eagels) i have a sincere hatred for...<br><br>Well, hatred is perhaps a bit too strong of a word, but lets just say, i sincerely DISlike them.<br><br>Never understood all the fuss about them or their music...<br><br>Just a bunch of ex-junkies that should have overdosed 40 years ago !<br><br>I'm sorry...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:09 am 

songs:  <br><br>Satisfaction<br>Play With Fire<br>Ruby Tuesday<br>Sympathy For The Devil<br>Street Fighting Man<br>Gimme Shelter<br>You Can't Always Get What You Want<br><br>albums: <br><br>Through The Past Darkly (Big Hits Vol. 2) <br>Beggars Banquet<br>Let It Bleed<br>Sticky Fingers

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:04 pm 

Under My Thumb                                                               Monkey Man                                                                      Sway<br>Ventilator Blues                                                                 All Down The Line                                                              Midnight Rambler                                                               Get Off My Cloud                                                               Heart Of Stone                                                                  I Got The Blues                                                                  19th Nervous Breakdown

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:36 pm 

Has to be:  Sticky Fingers.  Brown Sugar and Can't you Hear Me Knocking, You Gotta Move.  It makes me believe they play the blues.<br><br>And all of Their Satanic Majesties Request.  The Anti-Sgt Pepper.  Or maybe that was Freak-Out?<br><br><br><br>Image  Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:55 pm 

• can't afford no shelter
  • brown shoegar don't make it
  • wild pygmy ponies
  • sympathy for the pickle
  • sticky little finger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:50 pm 

Never was much of a Stones fan, but I've always enjoyed "Sympathy for the Devil" and "Brown Sugar".

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:02 pm 

I only could just slightly get into the rolling stones. Most appealing to me has always been their tribute country blues tunes,( Rbt. Johnson) wheather they were covers or not.<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:52 am 

There's so many great Stones songs it's hard to choose.  Who would've thought that they could make so <br>many great songs with four chords.  Moonlight Mile might be my most favorite.<br>A few ;D more favorites:<br>Let's Spend The Night Together<br>Sympathy For The Devil<br>Stray Cat Blues<br>Midnight Rambler<br>Gimme Shelter<br>Live With Me<br>Monkey Man<br>Sway<br>Can't You Hear Me Knocking<br>Bitch<br>I Got The Blues<br>Time Waits For No One<br>100 Years Ago<br>Tumbling Dice<br>Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)<br>Beast Of Burden<br>Shattered<br>Dance (Pt. 1)<br>Let Me Go<br>Emotional Rescue<br>Start Me Up<br>Little T&A<br>Tops<br>Almost Hear You Sigh<br>Slipping Away<br>You Got Me Rocking<br>Out Of Tears

They never won't

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:04 am 

I'm going to see the Stones tomorrow in Hershey Park. Beck is opening the show.<br><br>I'm not a big Stones fan but I am looking forward to the show. <br>Has anyone seen this tour or heard the new album?<br><br> ???<br>daisy<br><br><br><br>