Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:38 pm 

Disc 2 is great. Then I skipped the interviews listened to the 1971 Killer show. Awesome!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:14 am 

Alice Cooper Announces New Live Album, 'A Paranormal Evening at the Olympia Paris'
Document of Cooper's recent 'Paranormal' tour will arrive August 31.
Jackson Maxwell· Jul 5, 2018

Official Press Photo
Alice Cooper has announced a new live album, A Paranormal Evening at the Olympia Paris.

A Paranormal Evening at the Olympia Paris captures the final show of Cooper's 2017 Paranormal tour, and features guitarists Nita Strauss (a GW columnist!,) Tommy Henriksen and Ryan Roxie, bassist Chuck Garric and drummer Glen Sobel. It contains a choice selection of classic Cooper hits, in addition to some highlights from Cooper's acclaimed 2017 album, Paranormal.

The two-disc set is set for an August 31 release via ear MUSIC.

For more, stop by alicecooper.com.

A Paranormal Evening at the Olympia Paris track-list:

CD 1
1. Brutal Planet
2. No More Mr. Nice Guy
3. Under My Wheels
4. Department of Youth
5. Pain
6. Billion Dollar Babies
7. The World Needs Guts
8. Woman of Mass Distraction
9. Poison
10. Halo of Flies

CD 2
1. Feed My Frankenstein
2. Cold Ethyl
3. Only Women Bleed
4. Paranoiac Personality
5. Ballad of Dwight Fry
6. Killer/I Love the Dead themes
7. I'm Eighteen
8. School's Out

By Jackson Maxwell

https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/ali ... mpia-paris

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:56 pm 

Tonight's my night!

Greek Theater 2017

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:46 pm 

^^^I see him Thursday in Reno! Can’t wait. :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:55 pm 

I hope you both enjoy the show, Alice easily made my top ten, and Ace was so bad, it was epic.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:51 pm 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
Ace was so bad, it was epic.

hahaaa, very much like paul's current singing voice.

#closeshopalready

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:56 am 

lapsed maps wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:

#closeshopalready

the Ace Frehley Band was possibly the loudest rock show I've ever heard indoors, the precautionary ear plugs paid off. The band was excellent and performed a totally professional and about as cliqued a show as it's possible for a rock group to play. It was like watching a loosely constructed 80's rock video with immense volume. They performed a mix of Kiss tunes and a few of Ace's solo tunes. Unfortunately Ace didn't seem to know where he was most of the time, you would not believe how bad his stage craft was, he can still play his ass off, but his main purpose appeared to be flinging guitar picks into the audience. He'd perform a little riff, toss a pick into the audience, another little noodle, point at a random fan kiss the pick and toss it in their general direction. He literally threw fifty or sixty picks into the crowd. Every couple of songs, during someone's solo, Ace would disappear for a minute or two and seamlessly return freshly combed brushed and rehydrated wearing a different tee shirt, different raybans and playing a different guitar, half way through the set a team of roadies appeared and transitioned a replacement pick festooned mike stand, as stand number one's pick supply had run out.....
The band were absolutely killing it, pulling all the rock'n'roll faces and poses for the posse of photographers in attendance. Maybe it was jetlag or the fact it was his second show in as many days, but poor old Ace was wondering around missing his vocal cues, getting caught at the wrong end of the stage when he should have been singing front and center, their stunt guitarist Richie Scarlet was taking up the slack on Ace's vocals and chasing Ace around the stage, so he was in the right place for some excellent dueling guitar action, which included fingering each other's chords and strumming each other's riffs, it was a beautiful thing to behold, Richie could really play, apparently he's been in one version or another of the Ace Frehley band for years and knows "the act" inside out. He kind of resembles Keith Richards only older!!!!! Eventually Ace reached a soaring crescendo and turned the secret knob on his final guitar which began emitting clouds of purple smoke. A let's get ready to rumble type voice said that "Ace Rocket-Man Frehley had left the building".....Ace plainly hadn't left the building you could see him standing right there in the purple fog holding his breath, waiting for the gasmask wearing roadie to guide him safely through the smoke to the side of the stage.....I was laughing hysterically at this point.....It was just so Spinal Tapesque.....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:45 am 

great review, ghost.
my mental picture of it all is quite comical... and sad.
i also can't help but wonder if the spaceman is back on the sauce.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:12 am 

No Ace on Thursday which suits me fine.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:54 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
lapsed maps wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:

#closeshopalready

the Ace Frehley Band was possibly the loudest rock show I've ever heard indoors, the precautionary ear plugs paid off. The band was excellent and performed a totally professional and about as cliqued a show as it's possible for a rock group to play. It was like watching a loosely constructed 80's rock video with immense volume. They performed a mix of Kiss tunes and a few of Ace's solo tunes. Unfortunately Ace didn't seem to know where he was most of the time, you would not believe how bad his stage craft was, he can still play his ass off, but his main purpose appeared to be flinging guitar picks into the audience. He'd perform a little riff, toss a pick into the audience, another little noodle, point at a random fan kiss the pick and toss it in their general direction. He literally threw fifty or sixty picks into the crowd. Every couple of songs, during someone's solo, Ace would disappear for a minute or two and seamlessly return freshly combed brushed and rehydrated wearing a different tee shirt, different raybans and playing a different guitar, half way through the set a team of roadies appeared and transitioned a replacement pick festooned mike stand, as stand number one's pick supply had run out.....
The band were absolutely killing it, pulling all the rock'n'roll faces and poses for the posse of photographers in attendance. Maybe it was jetlag or the fact it was his second show in as many days, but poor old Ace was wondering around missing his vocal cues, getting caught at the wrong end of the stage when he should have been singing front and center, their stunt guitarist Richie Scarlet was taking up the slack on Ace's vocals and chasing Ace around the stage, so he was in the right place for some excellent dueling guitar action, which included fingering each other's chords and strumming each other's riffs, it was a beautiful thing to behold, Richie could really play, apparently he's been in one version or another of the Ace Frehley band for years and knows "the act" inside out. He kind of resembles Keith Richards only older!!!!! Eventually Ace reached a soaring crescendo and turned the secret knob on his final guitar which began emitting clouds of purple smoke. A let's get ready to rumble type voice said that "Ace Rocket-Man Frehley had left the building".....Ace plainly hadn't left the building you could see him standing right there in the purple fog holding his breath, waiting for the gasmask wearing roadie to guide him safely through the smoke to the side of the stage.....I was laughing hysterically at this point.....It was just so Spinal Tapesque.....

Ace's set was great, but too short at 45 min.
He a funny guy, too.
Chris Wise, of The Cult, was his bassist.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:05 am 

Alice Cooper played 21 songs in a 90 min. set.
Be My Lover, Halo Of Flies and Paranoiac Personality were my favorites.

Orianthi came out and played the solo during School's Out. Very tight and powerful set with lots of actor/dancers. Cool props, too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:09 am 

Wondering how KU's Alice Cooper show suited him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:26 am 

coevad wrote:

I believe it's tonight... :arrow:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:45 am 

Oh yeah. Reno.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:48 pm 

I wish I was there..... 8)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:08 pm 

I could have went but never pulled the trigger...dam idiot... :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:06 pm 

^ Go next time.

Alice will be waiting for you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:33 pm 

Plook wrote:
coevad wrote:

It was fantastic! I was in the fourth row. Alice and band were in great form! One of the best pure rock and roll shows I’ve been to in a long time. So many great songs and the theatrics and showmanship were very exciting and a lot of fun. Brutal Planet, Billion Dollar Babies, Lost in America, Feed My Frankenstein, Cold Ethyl, Be My Lover, Under My Wheels, School’s Out, I’m Eighteen, Serious, Only Women Bleed, and on and on. You’d never think Alice was 70 the way he performs. You missed a good one, Plook.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:58 pm 

KUIII wrote:
Plook wrote:
coevad wrote:

It was fantastic! I was in the fourth row. Alice and band were in great form! One of the best pure rock and roll shows I’ve been to in a long time. So many great songs and the theatrics and showmanship were very exciting and a lot of fun. Brutal Planet, Billion Dollar Babies, Lost in America, Feed My Frankenstein, Cold Ethyl, Be My Lover, Under My Wheels, School’s Out, I’m Eighteen, Serious, Only Women Bleed, and on and on. You’d never think Alice was 70 the way he performs. You missed a good one, Plook.

:cry:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:41 am 

Serious + Fallen In Love, Greek Theater 8/12/18
Blow your harmonica, Alice!

https://youtu.be/CHyuAOIcwCA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:52 am 

Two nurses are more evil than one. Ballad Of Dwight Fry/Killer/I Love The Dead - https://youtu.be/K7niiMSrXiE

School's Out, with Orianthi! - https://youtu.be/wOzgfyNI_Wo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:33 am 

The Sound Of A (video) - https://youtu.be/cxADIGl7Fxw