Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:19 am 

Does anyone know what was this thread about, originally? It has been heavily mod-o-fied...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:18 pm 

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:12 am 

Grimpoteuthis wrote:
jimmie d killed the forum wrote:
dove_grey wrote:
isaac, if you hate it here so much, leave, for fuck's sake. there will always be people on forums that irritate, that's the nature of the game sometimes. you have to let it slide. but you seem incapable of that, just like trendy. but it's okay to make fun of him, right? are you supposed to the teflon poster? no one is immune here---and if you post some nasty, rude picture after you make some smart-ass remark about my post, fine. i can deal. try to do the same sometime.
:roll: What dove grey said. :roll:
what jimmie d said.

but instead just leave anyway whether you like it or not.
Andy Singer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:53 am 

hahahahaha!

locally we had a minor lime scooter infestation, they currently have an on again off again relationship with our local city council.....this week it's off.....I would think lime are happy to be out of here, some of the fine pupils from a local exclusive boarding school have taken to thrashing and throwing as many scooters as possible into the rivers and streams that decorate our little slice of paradise, then posting the results on some fame-book page somewhere.

The city of Auckland, which I may have mentioned is a hell hole, was infested by stealth with a 1000 lime scooters overnight, and the same amount again over a week or so. There were immediate reports of injuries and a bunch of speed complaints, which no one was sure who was going to police or even how. Cyclists here are required by law to wear a helmet, not so the lime riders despite 20+k's per hour speeds, the hell hole that is Auckland has an excellent inner city network of cycle-ways, and a large urban cycling population, including me when I visit and many have been electric for years, with minimal complaints, within days of the lime arrival the complaints were in the hundreds. Two weeks in and scooters began locking-up without warning and tossing the riders off, resulting in quite a number of sprained broken and dislocated riders and or pedestrians. The city council banned them until the lockup "fault" was investigated and fixed. Prior to lime there were very few electric scooters around, they were easily outnumbered by Segway(s), after lime and all the hip kids having had a test ride, the personal scooter business and it's fashion accessories has gone crazy. The scooter is here to stay, and local councils have finally begun popping in some speed, helmet and watch where you're f@#King riding regulations to try and keep the peace between the pushers peddlers and pedestrians.....