Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 464, 465, 466, 467, 468, 469  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:25 pm 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
Locally they've closed the tramping huts and walking tracks,
however as know one has specifically closed the bike tracks, yet.....
some cyclists are still cycling.....

tramping huts is that where you go for a good time... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:50 pm 

Plook wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:
Locally they've closed the tramping huts and walking tracks,
however as know one has specifically closed the bike tracks, yet.....
some cyclists are still cycling.....

tramping huts is that where you go for a good time... :mrgreen:

oh yes, we love the tramping huts.....almost as much as the Pizza Huts :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:50 am 

I actually found milk at the supermarket this morning. Enjoying a cuppa coffee right now! :mrgreen:
The rest of the store is pretty much empty though.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:29 am 

MOOP wrote:
I actually found milk at the supermarket this morning. Enjoying a cuppa coffee right now! :mrgreen:
The rest of the store is pretty much empty though.

We went to get some ramen noodles for my grandson for lunches (he's out of school until this is over) and there were none.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:00 pm 

Yesterday i did a trip to the centerville airport with my bicycle after i learnt from the news that they turned a landing runway into a parking lot for unused planes.
abandoned golf course:
the new landing runway, it was added a few years ago to expand the capacity of the airport:
at the older part of the airport, this lane normally connects the airfield with the airport buildings - on the right one of the few landings:
There were also planes, service vehicles, flight containers and any other unused stuff in every corner they have. The weather was great and there were lots other people like me to watch the show. In the news they said actually happening only 5% of flights than usual and Lufthansa announced this equaled their flight plan of 1955.
As scary as impressive how this little sucker can pull the plug of civilization :P

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:08 am 

Now that the CDC is recommending people wear masks in public I wasn't certain how to proceed. I'm not one to jump on the panic bandwagon, but I do want to keep my household and others safe. I ended up wearing a polyester fabric Spider-man mask to the store. I made some people laugh, and I'm fairly certain I made at least one kid's day. I'm glad I took the route I did, no matter how you feel about this situation it doesn't hurt to make the best of it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:08 am 

cory1984 wrote:
Now that the CDC is recommending people wear masks in public I wasn't certain how to proceed. I'm not one to jump on the panic bandwagon, but I do want to keep my household and others safe. I ended up wearing a polyester fabric Spider-man mask to the store. I made some people laugh, and I'm fairly certain I made at least one kid's day. I'm glad I took the route I did, no matter how you feel about this situation it doesn't hurt to make the best of it.

Hell, it was probably the only mask that was available too. I work at a hospital and the "bosses" are (or maybe were, by this date....I was off the last few days?) making people take their masks off in the halls , as to NOT SCARE visitors(what few were allowed in, mind you). I am not a nurse....but a "lowly" housekeeper (according to these "bosses") ,and we housekeeping staff are good enough to go into "infected patient" rooms to clean, but not always allowed an N95(the only mask with any effectiveness against the virus)...or "eye shields. By the way, funny enough , no one I see in public has goggles on....and if you work in a hospital a shield or goggles for your eyes IS required (as far as the PPE descriptions I've seen and read) for protection from an infected patient. So is this another "hidden fact" so that there's no run on buying "face shields" or goggles?

Tensions are running high at work, because some "favorites" get a new mask each day, while the few of us that DO score an N95 , have to wear it for 8 days! End of shift they give you one paper bag (to last the 8 days) to store your "dirty" mask in! I, luckily , have some Lysol disinfectant I keep in my trunk of my car ….that I spray my lower clothes with, and the mask and bag. There's nothing else we can do except spray and pray. I wonder ,"Will I get another N95....?" As the days go by, ….and also is that Lysol ruining the mask, but also how can you wear a mask into a hacking, infected patient's room and expect that it is still a "good" mask when you leave that room? I would be afraid to know for sure....because if I lose that one N95....I know I'll be given a regular surgical mask to wear,...and that's worthless in that close proximity to very sick patients. I sit in my car in the morning and try and get myself to go back to work....but I've been there so long, I'd never get the pay I get there anywhere else....and yet I could get sick and maybe sicken my family too....or die. But we all straggle our way back to the sick and weird state of our workplace...and hope that the "numbers" start to back off ,and maybe a stock of masks might come in and make things feel safe once more. It's not only us housekeepers that are denied N95's ...it's some nurses too. Favorites have a new one "per-day" ….us underlings get when they feel like giving. I feel like "part of an experiment".

A younger "boss" in our department was saying the other day, "Hey it's no worse than when AIDS came up, I'm sure! Ha, ha!" I confronted him and said ,"I was here for the rise of AIDS. The thing with AIDS was that it wasn't 'air-borne'." It caused panic....but no one denied you protection. Also you knew , pretty much, that it was blood borne ...and contact had to be close. This boss is about 22 years old....and no way could he have even been born in the mid 1980's when AIDS first popped up. I started working just before it all hit, and believe me , this one has a wider fear factor.

I may be glad to have a job....but the line is coming soon where it may NOT be worth putting my health and my children's health on the line , due to management not making masks available for all workers with risk of exposure. Besides ...all elective , non-immediate surgery and procedures are cancelled....and our place is mostly empty....we could just "go under".

This thing could just go right out the window....and take a good portion of health care with it. Nice, huh?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:15 pm 

This is real serious stuff to concern about. I recently posted this video by Dr. Z. in another thread. Might be interesting for you. He also has a clear message to all those bosses in hospitals, might be interesting for your boss :-)
Stay healthy!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:49 pm 

ursinator wrote:
This is real serious stuff to concern about. I recently posted this video by Dr. Z. in another thread. Might be interesting for you. He also has a clear message to all those bosses in hospitals, might be interesting for your boss :-)
Stay healthy!

Yes, that "6 foot" rule...well, if the patient is getting a nebulizer treatment that whole room is infectious! But , now, think about vaping....it's a mini nebulizer....so what happens if someone vapes with an infection? It makes their 'cloud of vapor" much bigger! Stay away from "vape" people.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:25 pm 

in case of emergency: Zappa Halloween mask + band aids for the nose and mouth..... 8)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:50 pm 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
in case of emergency: Zappa Halloween mask + band aids for the nose and mouth..... 8)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:41 pm 

I was successful in finding garbage bags and paper towels. :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:47 am 

MOOP wrote:
I was successful in finding garbage bags and paper towels. :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:20 am 

One of the cats I inherited over the summer seemed sick last week so I took her to the vet to have some blood work done. Got the results back on monday and she is in the early stages of kidney failure. Luckily we caught it early enough that they say she should be fine in the long run, just need to get her hydration back up. Long story short I ended up in the vet clinic parking lot with masks on, getting a demo on how to give the cat fluids from an IV bag (couldn't go inside due to Covid-19 restrictions).
Interestingly cats don't process water the same as we do, and when they start having kidney issues this becomes more of a problem. What I'm doing now is putting fluid under the skin, it forms a small ball, that then distributes through the cat's body over 12 hrs. This has to be done twice a week. Also now on a special diet. Wallet is lighter but if this works as well as they seem to think it'll be worth it. Gotta keep Dad's little buddies going strong!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:35 am 

nice work, cory.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:32 pm 

lapsed maps wrote:
nice work, cory.

+1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:33 pm 

Finished the knit plaid I'd been working on for six months.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:47 pm 

Went to find birds and yelled the findings at another birder 10-15 ft away. Then groceries at Target, to minimize time inside. Self checkout. Mask on, outdoor gloves except one finger used for payment.

Looks like I will survive this pandemic as we are in a low incidence state. Only them pot smugglers from Colorado are bringing virus in.

Plus I just got my driver's license renewed to 2025. I'm not paying for it if I'm going to expire before it expires.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:57 pm 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
lapsed maps wrote:
nice work, cory.

+1

Thanks guys

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:55 am 

Day 25 of our lockdown, I finally bit the bullet and left our "bubble" and went to our local supermarket.
The ladies had compiled an enormous list of supplies that I wasn't confident would be available,
after seeing all the bitching and moaning on our local neighbourly website about
long queues and stock shortages.

Talk about fake news, there was no queue to get in or out and I was able to get
absolutely everything on the list, even Cookie's "special" ingredients which are
difficult to get at the best of times.....

From what I saw the supermarket had plenty of everything, there were
no empty shelves and stuff was still on special, all quite normal really,
the only things that were out of the ordinary, were having a security guard
ensuring you "hand sanitized" on the way in and out and screens separating
us from them and constant conveyor belt cleaning at the check out.....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:30 am 

no "stand here" signs or tape on the floor?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:33 am 

Yes they did have some very clever stop signs and yellow lines that were small
replicas of road signs, however as there were very few people in the place I had
no need to stop and wait, I was in and out in around 40 minutes.....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:03 am 

Went a little stir crazy, waited for the sun to go down and while "backs were turned"
I snuck out on the motorbike for a high speed helmetless blast down the deserted motorway.....
Blew out the cobwebs and scared myself shitless.....

I'm now getting the silent treatment.....for not taking the little woman..... :lol:

Last edited by Gray_Ghost on Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:28 am 

see what those damn video games have driven you to!!!?

(no pun intended)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:34 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

it had to be done, I fell much better.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 464, 465, 466, 467, 468, 469  Next