Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11440 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 454, 455, 456, 457, 458  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:22 am 

KUIII wrote:
^^^Where do you live? It’s amazing how different culturally people can be just living a short distance from each other. I’m temporarily staying in a very rural agricultural area. Man, these people are really “country”. Moving back to civilization in a week. I can’t wait.

You should come to the Plook Palace 4th of July Gala and Cement Pond party...I have a disco ball, that's pretty civilized... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:17 am 

Plook wrote:
KUIII wrote:
^^^Where do you live? It’s amazing how different culturally people can be just living a short distance from each other. I’m temporarily staying in a very rural agricultural area. Man, these people are really “country”. Moving back to civilization in a week. I can’t wait.

You should come to the Plook Palace 4th of July Gala and Cement Pond party...I have a disco ball, that's pretty civilized... :mrgreen:

Thanks but I’ll be in chemo recovery mode laying low.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:24 am 

KUIII wrote:
Plook wrote:
KUIII wrote:

Thanks but I’ll be in chemo recovery mode laying low.

When your feeling good on a weekend ping me and will do a private showing... :idea:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:25 am 

^^ Of the secret basement? :? No, thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:34 am 

KUIII wrote:

What if there's fondue?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:33 pm 

coevad wrote:
KUIII wrote:

What if there's fondue?

LOL...No Secrete Basement for you... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:46 pm 

^But I have DZ concert video boots from that Vinnie show we were at a few years back.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:31 pm 

coevad wrote:
^But I have DZ concert video boots from that Vinnie show we were at a few years back.

Watch out that sounds like some kind cease and desist thing... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:31 am 

KUIII wrote:

it's been my practice not to post an address. But I am West of the Missouri river and East of the Rockies. In a sort of motly flat place. The Dakotas, Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma belt, where I just draw the Missouri line N and South, ignoring its top end going West.

My state's voters have been Republican for a long time. The usual reasons, but also because most of them are penny pinchers. Schools and roads and flood control do get money. My county is liberal as we have a university.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:23 am 

^^^Sounds like Lawrence...that's were Punknayowned lives I visited him there twice when I was traveling for work... 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:30 am 

Tero wrote:
KUIII wrote:

it's been my practice not to post an address. But I am West of the Missouri river and East of the Rockies. In a sort of motly flat place. The Dakotas, Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma belt, where I just draw the Missouri line N and South, ignoring its top end going West.

My state's voters have been Republican for a long time. The usual reasons, but also because most of them are penny pinchers. Schools and roads and flood control do get money. My county is liberal as we have a university.

Thanks. Yes, I understand. I wasn’t expecting you to pinpoint an exact location. I don’t like getting too specific with information like that online either. I usually just say I’m from Northern California or the Sacramento area although if you’ve seen my posts over the years and especially recently you can get a pretty good idea.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:35 pm 

Well they are all the same, these liberal havens in the Midwest. Madison WI notched a bit more left than us after Trump election. I lived there too, 5 years.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:27 pm 

Tero wrote:
Well they are all the same, these liberal havens in the Midwest. Madison WI notched a bit more left than us after Trump election. I lived there too, 5 years.

I moved. And bought a stereo.
It came with speakers.
And a turntable.
(You already know what they look like)

I spent much of last night and yesterday testing it out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:45 am 

I had a tiny roof leak. Sloppy roofers 3 years ago did not seal the vents and pipes going thru the roof properly. I had a different roofer redo those. Now it is finally raining enough so I can check. Going into the attic space is an adventure in itself. I use a head light.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:09 am 

Been one of the craziest 2 weeks of my life. Long story short, Dad passed away unexpectedly on June 23rd at only 60 years old, this is the last of my immediate family, being an only child and Mom having been gone for nearly 20 years. This led to an impromptu trip back to my home town deep in the midwest, that I have not been to in many years. On the way there we ran into a 10-hour layover flying out of Denver, after taking the red-eye out of Portland. After arriving at our destination we got to deal with relatives who were mildly pleasant at best, and less than sympathetic (save one aunt who was quite helpful). We then proceeded to drive just shy of 2000 miles in a 15' Uhaul truck with as many of my father's possessions as could fit and 2 non-traveling cats. Neither of us are very experienced long-distance drivers. Well, after a few tears, a few scratches, and lots of gas money, we have made it back home safe and sound. Hard to believe at this time last year we were hurriedly trying to get things finished for our wedding, and now we're trying to recover from a funeral. Sometimes life is just unreal.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:13 am 

cory1984 wrote:
Been one of the craziest 2 weeks of my life. Long story short, Dad passed away unexpectedly on June 23rd at only 60 years old, this is the last of my immediate family, being an only child and Mom having been gone for nearly 20 years. This led to an impromptu trip back to my home town deep in the midwest, that I have not been to in many years. On the way there we ran into a 10-hour layover flying out of Denver, after taking the red-eye out of Portland. After arriving at our destination we got to deal with relatives who were mildly pleasant at best, and less than sympathetic (save one aunt who was quite helpful). We then proceeded to drive just shy of 2000 miles in a 15' Uhaul truck with as many of my father's possessions as could fit and 2 non-traveling cats. Neither of us are very experienced long-distance drivers. Well, after a few tears, a few scratches, and lots of gas money, we have made it back home safe and sound. Hard to believe at this time last year we were hurriedly trying to get things finished for our wedding, and now we're trying to recover from a funeral. Sometimes life is just unreal.

Sorry to hear about your Father Cory, keep the faith time heals and lean on your wife that makes everything better... :idea:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:49 am 

Plook wrote:
Sorry to hear about your Father Cory, keep the faith time heals and lean on your wife that makes everything better... :idea:

Thank you Sir!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:14 am 

cory1984 wrote:

My condolences.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:31 am 

Sorry to hear about yoour father, Cory...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:18 am 

I appreciate it Calvin and BBP!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:49 am 

damn, cory...
sorry to hear about your recent encounter with the terrible side of life.

take care of yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:17 pm 

Sorry to hear Cory. Hang in there.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:46 pm 

KUIII wrote:
Sorry to hear Cory. Hang in there.

lapsed maps wrote:
damn, cory...
sorry to hear about your recent encounter with the terrible side of life.
take care of yourself.

Thanks guys, it means a lot!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:18 am 

cory1984 wrote:

My sincere condolences, for you and yours. Stay strong in these trying times...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:15 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
My sincere condolences, for you and yours. Stay strong in these trying times...

Thanks very much amigo!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11440 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 454, 455, 456, 457, 458  Next