Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 452, 453, 454, 455, 456  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:49 am 

I ended up in the hospital yesterday with a large blood clot in my left leg. When they sent me to radiology to zap the clot intravenously they asked me what Pandora station I wanted to listen to while I was under conscious sedation. I said “King Crimson”. I can’t remember the song titles but I definitely remember hearing KC, Jethro Tull, and Zappa (Joe’s Garage) as I drifted in and out of consciousness. At the end of the session I had a “seizure-like” reaction on the table. I don’t remember what was playing at the time but the fast, jamming part of 21st Century Schizoid Man would have been perfect.

Ninety percent of the clot was obliterated during the procedure and blood thinners will take care of the rest. I get out of the hospital tomorrow.

*Something just came back to me. I definitely heard Epitaph at some point.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:24 pm 

KUIII wrote:
I ended up in the hospital yesterday with a large blood clot in my left leg. When they sent me to radiology to zap the clot intravenously they asked me what Pandora station I wanted to listen to while I was under conscious sedation. I said “King Crimson”. I can’t remember the song titles but I definitely remember hearing KC, Jethro Tull, and Zappa (Joe’s Garage) as I drifted in and out of consciousness. At the end of the session I had a “seizure-like” reaction on the table. I don’t remember what was playing at the time but the fast, jamming part of 21st Century Schizoid Man would have been perfect.

Ninety percent of the clot was obliterated during the procedure and blood thinners will take care of the rest. I get out of the hospital tomorrow.

good gravy!
glad to hear they could zappa majority of the thing effectively.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:55 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:59 pm 

KUIII wrote:

glad you're ok. blood clots are no laughing matter.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:20 pm 

^^Good to hear you can go under surgical care while "tripping" to your preferred music, KU. Was the seizure episode a reaction to the anesthetics? Glad to hear you're OK.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:28 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
^^Good to hear you can go under surgical care while "tripping" to your preferred music, KU. Was the seizure episode a reaction to the anesthetics? Glad to hear you're OK.

I can’t say for sure but that’s a possibility. I kind of have a history of awakening briefly terrified under less stressful circumstances. Two of the guys (including the Doctor) who worked on me, came by my room today to check on me and they said they’d never seen anything like it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:31 pm 

The important thing is that you are OK and ready to make your 10,000th post!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:00 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

Oh geez, you’re right! I’ll be eagerly awaiting congratulatory posts and pms. That’s quite an achievement if I do say so myself. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:04 pm 

KUIII wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

Oh geez, you’re right! I’ll be eagerly awaiting congratulatory posts and pms. That’s quite an achievement if I do say so myself. :mrgreen:

Meh. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:32 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
KUIII wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

Meh. :)

That’s “1” and counting. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:00 pm 

:)
Eat good. Sleep when you can.
Take your meds. Go for a walk.
<soft eyes>
:)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:30 pm 

Glad you're back KU!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:12 pm 

A speedy recovery to you KU !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:34 am 

My goodness KU I apologize for not seeing this sooner, glad to hear all went well, now you need to make a quick recovery so we can do some shows this year... :idea:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:11 am 

Sending positive thoughts your way KU. Hang in there!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:29 pm 

Thanks for the well wishes, folks! Got out of the hospital today. My left calf is painful as hell from where they were working on me unless I keep it elevated. I think I’ll recover pretty fast though. They prescribed blood thinners to help finish off the current clot and prevent future clotting. That’s two more injections per day to add to the 4-5 for my insulin. I’ve decided my new theme song is “Pincushion” by ZZ Top. Back to chemo on Wednesday and my first CT scan in three months is Friday. Hopefully, I’ll come out of this week feeling pretty good about things.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:27 pm 

We are all rooting for a positive outcome my friend... :!:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:43 am 

KUIII wrote:
Thanks for the well wishes, folks! Got out of the hospital today. My left calf is painful as hell from where they were working on me unless I keep it elevated. I think I’ll recover pretty fast though. They prescribed blood thinners to help finish off the current clot and prevent future clotting. That’s two more injections per day to add to the 4-5 for my insulin. I’ve decided my new theme song is “Pincushion” by ZZ Top. Back to chemo on Wednesday and my first CT scan in three months is Friday. Hopefully, I’ll come out of this week feeling pretty good about things.

Wishing you all the best and hope for a quick recovery. Just one word of caution -careful not to fall over with the blood thinners. That's the way my dad went - a slow brain haemorrage after banging his head whilst taking blood thinners for a potential, but not real, heart problem in addition to about 30 other drugs (he had Parkinson's).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:15 am 

Caputh wrote:
KUIII wrote:

Wishing you all the best and hope for a quick recovery. Just one word of caution -careful not to fall over with the blood thinners. That's the way my dad went - a slow brain haemorrage after banging his head whilst taking blood thinners for a potential, but not real, heart problem in addition to about 30 other drugs (he had Parkinson's).

OK sunshine... :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:05 am 

Sorry for not being more positive. I'm sure KU will get thru everything fine. I just have a little mistrust towards some doctors - some of whom tend to prescribe drugs on a long term basis - long after the actual problem has disappeared.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:16 am 

Caputh wrote:
Sorry for not being more positive. I'm sure KU will get thru everything fine. I just have a little mistrust towards some doctors - some of whom tend to prescribe drugs on a long term basis - long after the actual problem has disappeared.

The blood thinners are supposed to be temporary. The Doctor in the hospital said I may be taking them for 3-6 months but my oncologist will have the final say on that. The blood clot was very real though and stretched the entire length of my leg. I want that sucker gone by any means necessary.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:00 am 

Just get well as soon as you can; sorry, once again, if I sounded too negative.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:45 am 

Caputh wrote:
Just get well as soon as you can; sorry, once again, if I sounded too negative.

I was joking Caputh, KU is a tough cookie and he try's to see the bright side of life, for a guy that lives in Germany and vacations in France you sure act British... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:55 am 

Ah, you're right - it never leaves you. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:08 pm 

Fair enough mate, now off to work you go...step lively bloke... :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 452, 453, 454, 455, 456  Next