Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 450, 451, 452, 453, 454  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:53 am 

I'm dropping my car off in an hour at Nissan. My brakes make a noise, when I step on them.
(So, don't step on them!). I'm anticipating I might need new brakes. :x

Update.... I got stuck with a $775 bill for new brakes! :x :x :x

Last edited by MOOP on Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:38 pm 

MOOP wrote:
I'm dropping my car off in an hour at Nissan. My brakes make a noise, when I step on them.

Probably rotors also... :!:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:37 pm 

Plook wrote:
MOOP wrote:

Probably rotors also... :!:

Yep. I needed a full replacement of everything. :x

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:48 pm 

watched and listened to Notre Dame de Paris burn thru sunset and into the night
as the sirens wailed past and the crowd tried to grasp this immense, overwhelming sense of loss,
the murmuring voices skitter with nervous burbling punctuated by emotional outbursts.
Children, scared and curious search faces for reassurance finding little to be had.
Built 1163 to 1260 this cathedral has stood at the center of all that France has meant for so many and withstood wars and revolutions and so much else for 750 years. A local sidled up to our group quipping, in English, and an ironic look, 'Welp, there goes the Republique.'
Not that, but such a tremendous loss in at least the spire and the many roofs.

I've just heard that the officials are saying the main structure including the iconic towers have been saved that the cause was likely an accident and that a priest said that all the relics and art work were also saved.

Otherwise Paris is lovely in the spring. And with the news people are beginning to joke and laugh. Streetcorners and cafes have turned off the news and cellists and string players set up stands and begin again to play.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:28 pm 

It is reported that President Cheat-O believe that the fire could have been avoided if only the floors of the building had been properly raked... :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:52 pm 

Plook wrote:
It is reported that President Cheat-O believe that the fire could have been avoided if only the floors of the building had been properly raked... :shock:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:13 am 

In China (Zhanjiang, near the Vietnamese border), visiting my son, who is currently working as an English teacher here as part of year out, before uni starts. Visited his school and was photographed by the headmaster. By smoking a cigarette and drinking a glass of water, I immediately advanced to "visiting expert professor", who internationally recognized the school on the school website - sweet. The city itself is huge, modern and very rich. Expensive cars are owned by many and everyone else zips around everywhere (and I mean everywhere) on very silent electric scooters. People are incredibly friendly, honest and open. The weather is my kind of weather i.e hot and humid. Food is delicious, but you don't really know what you're eating. Food, clothes, hotel, transport cost about a quarter of what they cost in the West. I wouldn't want to live here permanently, but I'm enjoying myself very much

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:08 am 

My condolences to all Frenchmen...

Could you please share some pictures Caputh?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:16 am 

Plook wrote:

It is also reported that he advised the French to extinct the fire by planes. Someone with skill then said that such a building would immediately collapse if you would drop large amounts of water on it from a plane.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:39 am 

Caputh wrote:
In China (Zhanjiang, near the Vietnamese border), visiting my son, who is currently working as an English teacher here as part of year out, before uni starts. Visited his school and was photographed by the headmaster. By smoking a cigarette and drinking a glass of water, I immediately advanced to "visiting expert professor", who internationally recognized the school on the school website - sweet. The city itself is huge, modern and very rich. Expensive cars are owned by many and everyone else zips around everywhere (and I mean everywhere) on very silent electric scooters. People are incredibly friendly, honest and open. The weather is my kind of weather i.e hot and humid. Food is delicious, but you don't really know what you're eating. Food, clothes, hotel, transport cost about a quarter of what they cost in the West. I wouldn't want to live here permanently, but I'm enjoying myself very much

that looks like fun!
stay out of trouble dude!
:smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:28 am 

Caputh wrote:

We definitely want to see some pictures... :idea:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:52 pm 

I got a bike. I have two modern bikes in use now. One a city bike one a road one. My wife paid for it. I got the more expensive of the two Treks in the store in that style. I have a picture on another forum.
http://www.rationalia.com/forum/downloa ... =25136&t=1
I get this to ride into my Medicare years. I may not get as much miles on this as my trusty 25 year old work horse, but probably more days of riding. Basically every day to October from now. I had 1500 miles last summer. Shooting for 2000 as soon as May and early June other outdoor stuff is done. Well, it may not be 2000 but in any case 15 miles weekdays and 20 on weekends.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:48 pm 

^^^Good for you! Enjoy your rides. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:50 pm 

My son won a Cammy tonight as best keyboard player at the Chico (CA) Area Music Awards. I’m a proud Dad. If there’s any press coverage afterwards I’ll try to post a link. :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:44 pm 

^^^^^ Excellent! ^^^^^

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:34 am 

Cool! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:11 pm 

my Zappa forum topic notifications have resumed 8)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:53 am 

BBP wrote:

I'll post some when I'm back in Germany; it's complicated in China! Still enjoying myself, however.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:43 am 

Caputh wrote:
BBP wrote:

I'll post some when I'm back in Germany; it's complicated in China! Still enjoying myself, however.

Are you designing a Dynasty... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:43 am 

KUIII wrote:
My son won a Cammy tonight as best keyboard player at the Chico (CA) Area Music Awards. I’m a proud Dad. If there’s any press coverage afterwards I’ll try to post a link. :)

How did it go KU?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:24 am 

Plook wrote:
KUIII wrote:

How did it go KU?

His band , Lo & Behold, also won the People’s Choice Award for best band. They should have a story about it when the Chico News & Review comes out this week.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:34 pm 

KUIII wrote:

http://www.chicoer.com/support-for-para ... or-cammies

My son’s on the photo reel (photo 4 of 4).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:19 pm 

KUIII wrote:
KUIII wrote:

http://www.chicoer.com/support-for-para ... or-cammies

My son’s on the photo reel (photo 4 of 4).

A regular Tommy Mars...good for you KU... :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:29 am 

Here some pics from my trip to China...

Zhanjiang is a city of 7 million - but nobody appears to of heard of it. Here's the view from the roof our hotel...

Visiting my son at his language school, I immediately advanced to an "expert professor" by smoking a cigarette and chatting with the principle...

We went to a nearby park with temples and a volcanic marr lake...

Zhanjiang by night...

This was a Confucian temple that had been destroyed during the cultural revolution and rebuilt in the space of 2 and a half years. It was all new, so a bit like Disneyland on Mandrax...

And of course, lots of Communist propaganda. My sister wanted me to buy posters for her - unfortunately there were none for sale...

The people there seemed happy, friendly and very polite. It was a bit like being a minor celebrity all the time, say Jason Connery.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:18 pm 

well, our internet came back after having been down for almost 72 hours. :|
haven't been able to find out yet why it was down for so long.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 450, 451, 452, 453, 454  Next