Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10837 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 429, 430, 431, 432, 433, 434  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:59 am 

The_Acadian_2 wrote:
Plook wrote:
The_Acadian_2 wrote:
Took the day off. Going to play a round of golf.

Here:http://www.golfmoliets.com/en/parcours/foret-ocean

I'm on my way what time is Tee Time..... :mrgreen:

Played 83, which for me (I only play a dozen times a year) is not too shabby. The course is absolutely perfect, and the weather was dreamy (26°C).

Dam dude 83 is excellent that's like a 10 handicap, my recover isn't complete I am still struggling in the mid to high 80's... :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:19 pm 

Came back from visiting my BF. Went away last Sunday on a monster trip past best friend in the far east of the country, all the way up north to my sweetheart and back home to the far south today.
And then I arrived at the train station and found I'd lost my bicycle keys.

F***.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:51 pm 

BBP wrote:
Came back from visiting my BF. Went away last Sunday on a monster trip past best friend in the far east of the country, all the way up north to my sweetheart and back home to the far south today.
And then I arrived at the train station and found I'd lost my bicycle keys.

F***.

happy happy joy joy followed by :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:11 pm 

I believe that's what they call the sweet and sour of life... :idea:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:46 am 

"Good manners don't cost a thing"

These days, rudeness is the new normal and hearing a 'please' or 'thank-you' from people in the service industry is becoming rare (at least in my experience).

Just like some folks shouldn't drink alcohol because it brings out the worst in them, the same may be said of caffeine. I was the only customer at the post office today and had to make a return of some clothing. The woman helping me and drinking her coffee was very rude as if I was taking up her time and felt a need to hustle me through.

"$8.40"
Sometimes I gently or jokingly say "please?" to offer a polite nudge but not this time. I kept thanking her for any questions she might have answered (snippy as she may have been) hoping she'd take the idea. She didn't. I won't say I'm at the end of my tether with this, but it is annoying as fuck.
Instead of 'Your welcome' its now:
-Yup
-Mm-hmm
-You bet
-or no response at all

Who knows, perhaps she is in an abusive relationship and has no other way of venting, but just because she wears a blue sweater with an eagle over her tit doesn't give her people skills. Think I'll take my business elsewhere. Mr. Grumpy :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:26 am 

Walked to the train station (45 mins), asked the service desk if they had my key. They didn't.
I walked through the station to the bicycle parking lot, looking for the keys, couldn't find it. Took my bicycle, lifting the back and steering the front to the repair and paid bike park shop, but they couldn't remove the lock because the guy with the equipment wouldn't be in until Thursday.

Dragged the bicycle further for about half an hour until I'd reached the next nearest bicycle repair man. He showed me in, took my bicycle, set it on the rubber mat, grabbed his angle grinder, cut through the little bar twice in like two minutes, removed the lock and let me take my main mode of transportation away for 5 euros.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:50 pm 

^After all that I still had to deliver papers, took me long because it rained. :x

^After all that, at dinner, there was a dead spider on my plate. :x :x

Just heard a loud bang outside, saw smoke but couldn't detect what happened.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:03 am 

That sucks BBP !

Try to have a good day today !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:27 am 

Location: Behind a ultra-avant laminated, simulated replica-mahogany desk
BBP wrote:
^After all that I still had to deliver papers, took me long because it rained. :x

^After all that, at dinner, there was a dead spider on my plate. :x :x

Just heard a loud bang outside, saw smoke but couldn't detect what happened.

Trip wrote:
That sucks BBP !

Try to have a good day today !

You have my sympathies. Now, the glass is half full:

Be happy you have a job.

Feel happy you have food to eat.

Be grateful you didn't get hurt.

Nice Sunday, everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:26 am 

you too, GG
and all!

I got up late today on a diurnal schedule, probably 10am. Then after some cold coffee and poking around at the twitter and the email, decided I could get rid of some of these pictures (under the control-v sort of thing). Put on FZ Finer Moments, realized I have a time window I have to make if I want to get more coffee beans this afternoon. I have three small projects and five books to read in front of me when I get back. I have other things I need to do on Monday including submitting two online forms and calling to find about making reduced payments for the trip to the ER last month rather than paying the big chunk all at once. I'll make a trip to the bank too and write and send a couple utility bills off.

But I can do and get to do all this. And when I get back I probably will listen to another one of the new Halloween shows from the new release. In great sound, too! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:02 pm 

Got up early after a bad night, went to deliver flyers and am presently baking speculaas, which I hope will be spiderless.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:43 pm 

Returned from Malta - really interesting; a Phoenicio-Graeco-Roman-Byzantine-Arabic-Ottoman-Spanish-Crusader-French-British mix. Visited the Parliament, Inquisitor's Palace, Hagar Qim, St John's Co-Cathedral (with a Caravaggio), Blue Grotto and the pub where Olly Reed snuffed it (which actually advertises with what he drank at his last drinking session and the fact that he arm-wrestled the crew of a navy cruiser beforehand).
Fascinating. Like somebody went to work with a sandstone lego kit. Plus it was easily hot enough to swim in the sea in Mid-October!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:12 am 

Location: Behind a ultra-avant laminated, simulated replica-mahogany desk
Caputh wrote:
Phoenicio-Graeco-Roman-Byzantine-Arabic-Ottoman-Spanish-Crusader-French-British mix.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:15 am 

Caputh wrote:
Returned from Malta - really interesting; a Phoenicio-Graeco-Roman-Byzantine-Arabic-Ottoman-Spanish-Crusader-French-British mix. Visited the Parliament, Inquisitor's Palace, Hagar Qim, St John's Co-Cathedral (with a Caravaggio), Blue Grotto and the pub where Olly Reed snuffed it (which actually advertises with what he drank at his last drinking session and the fact that he arm-wrestled the crew of a navy cruiser beforehand).
Fascinating. Like somebody went to work with a sandstone lego kit. Plus it was easily hot enough to swim in the sea in Mid-October!

And you didn't get blown up! 8)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:55 am 

Actually, the reporter that got blown up was killed while we were there. She had been investigating corruption in government. On the next day, we had a guided tour of the parliament in which the guide indirectly explained why the Maltese parliament members are corrupt. Apparently, their wages are only 1,500 Euros a month. Haven't read one news report that mentions this fact.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:36 am 

Caputh wrote:
Visited...Inquisitor's Palace...!

If you had been there 500 years earlier I am sure you would have been found guilty of something... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:50 am 

Plook wrote:
Caputh wrote:

If you had been there 500 years earlier I am sure you would have been found guilty of something... :mrgreen:

Actually, they were at pains to stress how many of the accused were rather relieved to be investigated by the Inquisition, rather than lynched by a mob of uneducated peasants. There was a magic paper hat on display which resulted in the magician having to confess his guilt and say a few hail Marys. The "worst" story was of a Quaker couple who landed on Malta to attempt to convert a basically Catholic population. They got 2 years in prison and said afterwards they'd never go back to Malta again.
Even their torture methods sounded mild - basically hanging people by their arms for a maximum period of 1/2 an hour with a doctor in attendance - better than waterboarding!

So I'm sure I could talk my way out of anything... :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:55 am 

Caputh wrote:
Plook wrote:
Caputh wrote:

Actually, they were at pains to stress how many of the accused were rather relieved to be investigated by the Inquisition, rather than lynched by a mob of uneducated peasants. There was a magic paper hat on display which resulted in the magician having to confess his guilt and say a few hail Marys. The "worst" story was of a Quaker couple who landed on Malta to attempt to convert a basically Catholic population. They got 2 years in prison and said afterwards they'd never go back to Malta again.
Even their torture methods sounded mild - basically hanging people by their arms for a maximum period of 1/2 an hour with a doctor in attendance - better than waterboarding!

So I'm sure I could talk my way out of anything... :wink:

Yes your track record with the Trumpetts here sure backs that up... :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:40 am 

Awwh, I like the Trumpetts here - I wouldn't torture them; tickle them, perhaps. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:36 pm 

re: Malta. Super interesting. I had read about her death and wondered... thanks a bunch for the update! And sure, I'm jealous you got to go :mrgreen:
Caputh wrote:
Actually, the reporter that got blown up was killed while we were there. She had been investigating corruption in government. On the next day, we had a guided tour of the parliament in which the guide indirectly explained why the Maltese parliament members are corrupt. Apparently, their wages are only 1,500 Euros a month. Haven't read one news report that mentions this fact.

Have a friend who got to scuba out in the bay there: underwater archaeology, mapping locations of sunk items, looking for anomalies but, as can be imagined, a ship, say, that's been down there for thousands of years can look like a shelf in the rock with stuff growing all over it. With so many overlapping cultures there and for thousands of years, what an interesting place.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:54 pm 

It sure was - I'm definitely going to go back.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:55 pm 

Caputh wrote:
It sure was - I'm definitely going to go back.

Malta's on my bucket list.....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:57 pm 

BBP wrote:
Got up early after a bad night, went to deliver flyers and am presently baking speculaas, which I hope will be spiderless.

Cake or Biscuits BBP?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:04 pm 

It would be more of a cake thing I suppose, my knowledge on English baking terms is a bit muddled...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:15 am 

BBP wrote:
It would be more of a cake thing I suppose, my knowledge on English baking terms is a bit muddled...

^^^^^biscuits/cookies^^^^^

^^^^^ Cake ^^^^^

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10837 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 429, 430, 431, 432, 433, 434  Next