Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11663 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 463, 464, 465, 466, 467  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:54 pm 

Tero wrote:
Took 3 seniors to see some birds.

This kind?

or

This kind?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:02 am 

orrr...

Image?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:48 am 

My seniors are 65 plus.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:37 am 

Absolutely nothing happened to me or anybody else when a big tree collapsed and fell onto a track in a heavily frequented park in the center of town this week. The only casualties were the tree itsself and a street lamp (quite exact hit by the way). I cycled along there one or two hours before. I use this way very often not only cause it's more fancy but also cause i feel more safe there then on the street :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:48 pm 

^^Phew!

Today I literally sung What's the ugliest part of your body solo in front of a classroom filled with people, vocals and backing mixed together...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:19 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
^^Phew!

Today I literally sung What's the ugliest part of your body solo in front of a classroom filled with people, vocals and backing mixed together...

Did you sing it in a really high voice... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:22 pm 

I guess not, but I felt like it... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:44 pm 

I've been setting up a trail camera in a tree near my house in hopes of getting footage of a repeat littering suspect. I think it's one person (male in his 20s) who is addicted to Monster Energy drink.

But also,while walking the dog (Charlie) I discovered a garbage bag of animal parts tossed into a irrigation ditch. Really need to ask local government to put up some signs to deter this kind of illegal behavior since it happens at least a couple of times a year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:13 pm 

Milton Bradley wrote:

I've been setting up a trail camera in a tree near my house in hopes of getting footage of a repeat littering suspect. I think it's one person (male in his 20s) who is addicted to Monster Energy drink.

Is this the same jerk you were dealing with a while ago?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:11 am 

cory1984 wrote:
Milton Bradley wrote:

Is this the same jerk you were dealing with a while ago?

Yeah,I think it's probably the same person. Also found an envelope of a temp service which probably held his paycheck. Started during the winter Seems I can almost predict when it's going to happen (every other week). Misdemeanors are just small enough for the police to ignore or laugh at. All those episodes of Miami Vice and not ONE devoted to the guy who tossed the Mars Bar out the window at Crocket's feet. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:16 am 

I went to the supermarket. I had a craving for fries, so I picked up a package. Half the shelves were
empty. No TP on the shelves. I don't understand the hoarding of TP. All the cashiers were wearing
surgical gloves. The parking lot was packed. First case of the Coronoavirus happened in a town next
to me here in NJ. No cases were I am, thankfully.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:02 pm 

There's a viral video making its way around here from a man who works in a warehouse in Tilburg, laughing at the people hoarding toilet paper and showing how much of that stuff is his left, as he drives around his fork lift we see row after row of TP, stacked ten metres high.
https://www.omroepbrabant.nl/nieuws/317 ... -vol-VIDEO

And of course there's this gem of idiotism:
https://nltimes.nl/2020/03/09/dutch-pm- ... cipalities

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:22 am 

what happened to ME yesterday:
found out that managers at work are going to start taking our temperatures upon arrival.

*unbuckles belt*

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:17 pm 

So far only one proven case of coronavirus in the county. The mayor blocked all events of over 50 people.

I don't need too many services, but shopping for groceries is still in person. I may even got to Target for the groceries next time, even though they have fewer, as I can now use the dreaded self checkout and not get too close to people. The danger from a person is much higher than a door handle or toilet seat. Just do not touch your face. I have gloves on as it is still cold enough to wear them. Only the credit card part is fingers and poking.

And less hoarders at Target. I'll buy smaller bread loaves, as it is not that fresh.

Nearly all bean coffee, which would last longer, was gone. Bought two bags of ground then. I have some beans too, saving for weeks when it gets even more difficult.

A young couple was into hoarding chips and snacks and soda. They will get fat in front of the TV.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:33 pm 

Tero wrote:
So far only one proven case of coronavirus in the county.

Watch this vid from baddy to learn to gauge the curve:

baddy wrote:

http://forum.zappa.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16897

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:51 pm 

Cruised into work for a couple of hours this afternoon to up-date staff contact lists
and fine tune remote access to the computers so the office staff can operate in
isolation should the need arise.....

Had my first mask sighting, a couple of teenagers on the street wearing
fetching matt black masks that may have been more of a fashion statement
than protection from a virus of de Chinese extractment.....

The man has just confirmed NZ now has 66 confirmed cases of hey 19,
Doctors are asking for our brand new shiny threat level to be raised "immediately"
from the present two to four or risk a scenario similar to Italy.....

I'm confident that as we don't exactly have wall to wall people hovering about
the place we should be fine.....

There have been one or two muppets blatently ignoring the no large gathering(s)
instructions, one was Bishop Brian of the Destiny Church alias the Density Church
he arranged a "drive in" $tyle church $ervice.....
The congregation were so over whelmed by the power of Jesus they couldn't
remain in their vehicles and it was hugs all round.....

Another person who know$ better than the world's medical community had attempted
to organize a pop up festival to replace the original event that has been postponed
indefinitely for all the right reasons.....I'm not entirely $ure what their motive$ were.....

Monday could be cancelled, or at the very least, interesting.....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:16 am 

Tero wrote:
... The danger from a person is much higher than a door handle or toilet seat...

Don't underrate! They say it survives several hours on surfaces. So somebody has it and uses the door (shopping cart, vending machine, ...), everybody else after him will have it also. The secret word in this case is smear infection.
Tero wrote:
... I have gloves on as it is still cold enough to wear them...

Absolutely smart! Some guy on TV recommended exactly that. My job makes me enter many buildings using many doors. I wear gloves the entire time whenever i leave my place for about two weeks now (though we had some very warm spring weather).

Forget those masks, all you need is glove ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:49 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
a virus of de Chinese extractment...

Even though the first reported cases come from Wuhan, China, the real origin of the virus still elusive. It could be the result of a "cross" (yes viri have "sex" with other viri inside cells, through means of genetic recombination) of a Pangolin corona with a Bat corona, with widespread Asian occurrence. In any case viri don't know about human constructs such as nationality, they are citizens of the biosphere, of which we are parts...

I don't want to flare conspiracy theories in this delicate moment (there is a recent sci paper describing the virus as natural, i.e. not artificially altered), but there is the speculation of the US military Olympics delegation been stationed near The Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market and being noted for their poor performance at the games...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:31 am 

Cloudy day, but no wind. Will drive to a park where there are only joggers and dog walkers. Maybe a lake, there is absolutely nobody there but one guy in the campground in a camper.

My regular, closest park is closed off at one parking lot and another parking lot had a police investigation of a dead body. Most likely a homeless man. "No foul play."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:29 am 

Just found out that fishing and hiking is still allowed under the "quarantine guidelines" here in Oregon. Gonna dust off the fishing equipment to get a little outdoor recreation this afternoon. The trout should be biting, hopefully I'll catch something big enough to add to the food cache here at the fort. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:41 am 

cory1984 wrote:
Just found out that fishing and hiking is still allowed under the "quarantine guidelines" here in Oregon. Gonna dust off the fishing equipment to get a little outdoor recreation this afternoon. The trout should be biting, hopefully I'll catch something big enough to add to the food cache here at the fort. :mrgreen:

Stay clear of the infamous Corona Carp, you can identify them by a relentless cough.... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:06 am 

Plook wrote:
cory1984 wrote:

Stay clear of the infamous Corona Carp, you can identify them by a relentless cough.... :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: will do!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:00 am 

cory1984 wrote:

Great. When the fish-flu epidemic breaks out, at least I'll know it started in Oregon.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:07 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
cory1984 wrote:

Great. When the fish-flu epidemic breaks out, at least I'll know it started in Oregon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:51 am 

Locally they've closed the tramping huts and walking tracks,
however as know one has specifically closed the bike tracks, yet.....
some cyclists are still cycling.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11663 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 463, 464, 465, 466, 467  Next