Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:37 pm 

I vaugely remember FZ was speaking in Wash DC at<br>a women's rally of sorts. It may have been 1988...not sure.<br>Anyways, FZ goes on a rant about "women should be<br>at home making sure dinner is on the table" or something similar along those lines.  ::)<br> One of the few times, I was really embarrased at what<br>FZ said.<br> Anyone know or remember the exact quote?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:31 pm 

whats there to be embaressed bout ? i dont remember this quote but i know that , as usuall, frank hit the nail on the head - get em wenches back in the kitchen ( and on the anti-depressants ) - keeps em nice and quiet see.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:55 pm 

[quote author=Batchain115 link=board=quotes;num=1035310457;start=45#55 date=08/21/03 at 18:01:07]<br><br>No,  I don't think FZ ever said anything anywhere near that fucking stupid! Especially with a wife like Gail! "Bookkeeper Extraordinaire"! Nyah, never. (He did wonder why so many women who worked as "professionals" became such man-haters who began to dress and act like mannish lesbians.)<br><br>--Bat                                <br> [/quote]<br> Must have been a rumor then.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:03 am 

[quote author=bcarney1 link=board=quotes;num=1035310457;start=30#40 date=01/21/03 at 13:44:55]       I've been smoking for 30 years and this past May I found out that I had cancer. The most amazing part of it is that i got it in my foot.(half of my foot was removed). However,all of my tests have shown that my lungs are in great shape.Go Figure.<br><br>                                          (bcarney)   8)[/quote]<br>Maybe you were smoking upside down?   ;D

http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/jasonsite/gsteele.html

http://www.lincolnconspiracy.com

Opal you hot little bitch!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:50 pm 

[table][tr][td][quote author=packardgoose link=board=quotes;num=1035310457;start=45#55 date=jan-08]<br>Maybe you were smoking upside down?   ;D[/quote][td][sup][tt]  .....  [/tt][/sup][/td][/td][td][right] ::)[/right][/td][/tr][/table] <br>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:11 am 

"People tell me, 'If you quit smoking, you'll add another five years to your life.' Well, maybe, but I don't care, because they're the WORST five years -- they're the ones at the END!" -- Dennis Leary <br> <br><br><br>Ha ha ha ha..  ;D<br> <br>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:12 am 

[quote author=Brainfang link=board=quotes;num=1035310457;start=15#23 date=11/04/02 at 15:15:29]<br><br>I don't think he ever said a single stupid thing, and that includes "arf."<br><br>BF[/quote]<br><br><br>Indeed...."arf"   8)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:30 am 

[quote author=asparagus link=board=quotes;num=1035310457;start=45#58 date=01/09/05 at 03:11:10]"People tell me, 'If you quit smoking, you'll add another five years to your life.' Well, maybe, but I don't care, because they're the WORST five years -- they're the ones at the END!" -- Dennis Leary <br> <br><br><br>Ha ha ha ha..  ;D<br> <br>[/quote]<br>A friend of mine lent me a DL CD and I thought it was funny. But its a bit of a shame he stole most of his jokes from Bill Hicks. Im not sure if he thought no one would notice... ;D<br><br>Welcome to the board Asp.. Although you are not really new I have yet to welcome you so here goes: Welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:10 am 

[quote author=FROWNLAND link=board=quotes;num=1035310457;start=60#60 date=01/09/05 at 05:30:40]<br>A friend of mine lent me a DL CD and I thought it was funny. But its a bit of a shame he stole most of his jokes from Bill Hicks. Im not sure if he thought no one would notice... ;D<br><br>Welcome to the board Asp.. Although you are not really new I have yet to welcome you so here goes: Welcome. [/quote]<br><br>Why I thank you Frownland, nice to meet so many like minded people!  ;D <br>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:01 pm 

In re "Jewish Princess": I'm Jewish and I think "Catholic Girls" from JG is a LOT more insulting.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:00 am 

[glow=red,2,300]ARF[/glow] in the beginning of 'Sleep Dirt'

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:54 am 

[quote author=Batchain115 link=board=quotes;num=1035310457;start=60#64 date=01/12/05 at 21:52:32]<br>Insulting? Who give a fuck? It's one thing to have the basic decency to avoid saying something specific that would otherwise only be said for express purpose of hurting someone else, but it's another matter entirely to attempt develop a humanly impossible degree of "sensitivity" (Like all that the stomach-turning shit you're likely to find in any of those totally fucking obnoxious "Sensitivity Training Programs". :P ) that assumes that grotesquely stupid "moral ideal" that dictates, "no one should ever be subjected to offence or insult ever under any conditions".[/quote]<br><br><br>No, wait, you totally misunderstood me.  I wasn't trying to be like that at all.  I'm sorry if my comment came off like that.<br><br>How about I say this: "Catholic Girls" is funnier than "Jewish Princess."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:25 am 

I think 99% of what Zappa said was spot on but here are my only disagreements.<br><br>1, Zappa said in 1993 that he thought none of his work will survive after his life span.<br>2, He said in an interview with Nicky Cambell 1991ish that he had no problem with a young child using adult words. We are talking 3 or 4 years. I’d have to draw the line if a little 3 year old girl called me a cunt.<br>3, the smoking thing. Cigarettes are not food they are drugs and so is coffee.<br><br>Taking on this debate as it so popular leads me to comment on smoking.<br>It is firstly disgusting and I find it very offensive if someone lights up around me. Not only does it smells vile it is bad for you. Plenty off bullshit here from the drug addicts among us but as a non smoker who has asthma let me tell you about being able to breath. Most people take it for granted but when someone or a bunch of smokers fill a room full of smoke it DOES become hard to breath. The chemicals added to tobacco are known carcinogenic, to deny this is dumb and passive smoking is no different from a heroin addict sticking his needle in my arm and injecting my body with his filth. In fact it is worse because tobacco is more addictive than heroin.<br><br>Not only that but smoking makes you smell. Spend some time with a smoker and you too can smell like shit. It is a rancid habit and I fully support a public smoking ban and so should any reasonable person who respects others. Smokers can do it in their own home or better still not at all.<br>I mean look at it. Sticking that thing in your mouth breathing in smoke, it is fucking primitive just like religion. <br>I will let Frank off because he came from a generation where the dangers of smoking were not known but there is no excuse for a young person, as far as I’m concerned smoking is just fucking silly, expensive and bad for everyone.<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:52 am 

I fully support a public [s]smoking[/s] stupidity ban... <br> ;D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:52 am 

[quote author=Ringo link=board=quotes;num=1035310457;start=60#68 date=01/15/05 at 09:25:33]I think 99% of what Zappa said was spot on but here are my only disagreements.<br><br>1, Zappa said in 1993 that he thought none of his work will survive after his life span.[/quote]<br><br>Zappa wasn't the only one who ever had those doubts about his own life's work.  Rod Serling, the creator of the Twilight Zone, also wasn't sure about whether his work would endure or mean anything to anyone in the future.  The TZ episode "The Changing of the Guard" dealt with those exact fears.     <br><br>In an interview with Bryant Gumbel shortly before he died, Zappa said that he didn't care if he was remembered, saying that only people like Reagan or George H.W. Bush cared about things like that.  IMO, there's a difference between being modest (see: Jackie Gleason saying, "Aw hell, I'd just like to be remembered") and Zappa almost renouncing some 30 years of work.   Of course, none of us here can know exactly how Frank felt on these issues beyond his statements in interviews.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:56 pm 

[center][quote author=Ringo link=board=quotes;num=1035310457;start=60#68 date=01/15/05 at 09:25:33]I think 99% of what Zappa said was spot on but here are my only disagreements.<br><br>1, Zappa said in 1993 that he thought none of his work will survive after his life span.<br>2, He said in an interview with Nicky Cambell 1991ish that he had no problem with a young child using adult words. We are talking 3 or 4 years. I’d have to draw the line if a little 3 year old girl called me a cunt.<br>3, the smoking thing. Cigarettes are not food they are drugs and so is coffee.<br><br>Taking on this debate as it so popular leads me to comment on smoking.<br>It is firstly disgusting and I find it very offensive if someone lights up around me. Not only does it smells vile it is bad for you. Plenty off bullshit here from the drug addicts among us but as a non smoker who has asthma let me tell you about being able to breath. Most people take it for granted but when someone or a bunch of smokers fill a room full of smoke it DOES become hard to breath. The chemicals added to tobacco are known carcinogenic, to deny this is dumb and passive smoking is no different from a heroin addict sticking his needle in my arm and injecting my body with his filth. In fact it is worse because tobacco is more addictive than heroin.<br><br>Not only that but smoking makes you smell. Spend some time with a smoker and you too can smell like shit. It is a rancid habit and I fully support a public smoking ban and so should any reasonable person who respects others. Smokers can do it in their own home or better still not at all.<br>I mean look at it. Sticking that thing in your mouth breathing in smoke, it is fucking primitive just like religion. <br>I will let Frank off because he came from a generation where the dangers of smoking were not known but there is no excuse for a young person, as far as I’m concerned smoking is just fucking silly, expensive and bad for everyone.<br><br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Image<br>You poor little thing...boo hoo boo hoo.<br><br>Image<br>DONT DROWN ON US, SCHNOOKEMS[/center]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:23 am 

I thought it was pretty stupid when he said that there are so few female guitar players "Because their tits get in the way."<br><br>Calling cigarettes food is pretty stupid too. <br><br>I also remember being disappointed with him when he was meeting President Havel - he looked into the camera and said "We've come here to watch Communism die" Now, the fall of the oppressive regimes of Eastern Europe was a good thing, but that statement made him seem like just another arrogant American.<br><br>That said, I find it hard to fault 99% of what he said.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:21 pm 

[quote author=andy de vine link=board=quotes;num=1035310457;start=60#73 date=01/19/05 at 13:23:06]I thought it was pretty stupid when he said that there are so few female guitar players "Because their tits get in the way."...[/quote]<br>and maybe a little sexist on the side<br>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next