Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: What is this shit?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:45 pm 

[quote author=Isaac link=board=quotes;num=1105786629;start=60#74 date=01/20/05 at 18:43:30][center]<br><br>Here's another idiot's "opinion" (actually, more like a rant to get people pissed off):<br><br>http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0953261/board/nest/14943473?d=15059008<br><br>Image<br>^^ and here are all of the usernames of this person.<br><br>Oh, what stupidity. What a SCUM BAG.[/center][/quote]<br>LOL, Teddy Ruxpin is a guy I know from the Bungle board.  ;D

Post subject: re: what is this shit?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:10 pm 

dove_grey wrote:
...I have'nt weighed in on this because you manly men are just so gosh-darn entertaining...

...that is pretty easy to point out. He had used the word "faggot" in at least one interview...as a matter of fact, it's in No Commercial Potential. it was not used in a nice way, either. ...

thanks d_g for a bit of much needed bring-the-band-down-behind-me-boys perspective...found that reference in no commercial potential, zappa explaining the problem with serious music:

fz wrote:
there are also people who actually pretend to be artistic who are doing just complete bullshit...so called serious composers are kinda living in a vacuum because who is their audience? 40-year old faggots that go to a concert because that's the place to go, not because they like music

the use of faggot was appropriate, frank coulda said 40 yr.old gay men or 40 yr.old homos, but a true homophobe uses faggot indiscriminatly on either straights or homos

frank went pretty easy on homos in general compared to women, you got bobby brown, i'm so cute, dong work, punky, i'm a beautiful guy (debatable), he so gay & a chunk of thingfish and 'the masked man's a fag' on ycdtos v3 but not a lot else compared to the amount of time he spent slagging on the subject of women

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:07 pm 

disco boy wrote:
...but if not, then you think Frank said that in a derogatory way?  ...

the word faggot is derogatory in either case, but far more derogatory if he were referring to straights as faggots

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:02 pm 

disco boy wrote:
...why would it be more derogatory if one were to call someone who's straight a faggot...

it's pure insult if you're straight, there's some truth if you're not

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:54 pm 

Interesting to see how this thread is going.... Disco Boy, sorry if you read what I said wrong, but I did NOT mean that Frank literally wanted to shot a woman in Your Mouth, or that this situation happened to him. I did state that some people (men and women) have had the fantasy---even though they would not ACTUALLY do it--of getting some sort of revenge on the person who "done them wrong". How did I say FZ ha this happen to him? You are an intelligent guy, but like a few Zappa fans here (yeah, I'm generalizing, so shoot me), you take what others say about Our Leader WAY TOO SERIOUSLY. I may not agree with everything he said or wrote, but I have a sense of humor and realize that this was Frank, WARTS 'N' ALL

Post subject: Re: what is this shit?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:11 am 

[quote author=slime.oofytv.set link=board=quotes;num=1105786629;start=75#80 date=01/21/05 at 00:07:50]<br>[the word faggot is] far more derogatory if he were referring to straights as faggots[/quote]<br>Yep...watch two kids in junior high; if one calls the other one a fag, it's like a double-dog-dare to fight. ;)<br><br>If I remember my junior high protocal correctly, the appropriate response to an altercation that escalates to the utterance of "You big fag!" is "Fuck you! I'll kick your ass!" 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:53 pm 

[quote author=Underwoods Son link=board=quotes;num=1105786629;start=90#94 date=01/21/05 at 15:38:23]<br><br>sure ;) By the way, I really didnt want to start an argument with that joke. Basically all I was saying that I didnt exactly like the notion of CB immediately replacing Frank, thats it. So, let's try not to get in an argument. I'm sure we've all seen and been involved in our share of those. :)[/quote]<br>The way I saw it was you saying Beefheart is horrible...bit of a misunderstading is all.  8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:22 pm 

[quote author=Ronnys Noomies link=board=quotes;num=1105786629;start=90#96 date=01/21/05 at 19:54:18] but it seems to me that most of the time it's the man telling a woman to lighten up about sexist remarks. Or the white guy telling the black guy to lighten up about racist remarks. [/quote]<br>Oh, Doc Doc Doc...are you SURE you believe that is how it is RIGHT NOW? Once upon a time, yes, but RIGHT NOW?<br><br>For years the pendulum was swung in that direction, for sure. Then efforts were made to make things "more fair," which to me means bringing the pendulum to rest in the center.<br><br>However, I've seen that the pendulum has now swung fully in the other direction, giving full immunity to women and anybody that is not white, especially blacks, to say anything they want with no accountability or repercussions whatsoever, while white guys better carefully measure every word they say or else.<br><br>I have loads of personal observations to back this up, as well as many many media examples. And I haven't gone looking for this stuff, it's in my face every day...I couldn't miss it if I tried.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:43 pm 

disco boy wrote:
...if Frank was really sexist, do you really think Gail, Moon or Diva would respect him? That's what I'd really like to know...

how did frank reconcile his whole image with his family? depends on how he treated them....we'll probably never know the true story, but if he was a complete non-chauvanist with the women in his famiy & explained why he had to wrote those lyrics [to sell more albums, it's only music, it's only words etc.], they'd have 2 choices; accept it or not

disco boy wrote:
...But he's stated several times in interviews...

frank spun the facts to suit his mood, he embelished or dis-informed when convinient at the time, particularly questions about his opinions on non-musical topics

disco boy wrote:
...I didn't say that he didn't think words weren't important. And you're right, he was trying to make Lofton see that words don't make people commit bad acts. ...

the pen's mightier, bro

disco boy wrote:
...My point was that people need to lighten up a bit. As long as it's stated in jest or in the right way, I don't know why people would have a big problem with it...

if'n you believe that, you've been shakin it more'n 3 times
frank = sexist....all men = sexist
frank was too intelligent to be homophobic
all men be cursed

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: re: fz on women
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:36 pm 

check out kreega bondola, 84-sep-01 saratoga, track 24 on women; this little gem came between crew slut & camarillo brillo toward the end of the set

y'all want some more, well here's some more:

lockjaw rap, london 82-jul-19

fz wrote:
You know, as I look out here tonight, I see all these people and wonder what kind of people actually come to a show like this, and I know! Usually it's a bunch of guys who think that maybe it's cool to come here, and then they bring these girls along that wouldn't be caught dead in a place like this, listening to this shitty kind of music, and they sit there and grit their fucking teeth for two hours, and then maybe later they give the guy a blowjob. Well let me tell you something; all you guys that brought girls like this to this kind of a concert, I hope you do get blown by those lock-jawed little bitches that you brought in here.

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next