Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 17573
Location: misanthropia
Plook wrote:
lapsed maps wrote:
i get it, you're throwing up percentages in eager attempts of appearing ANTI-racist... however,
getting the job via the sympathy vote ≠ out performing - no matter how unfair/cruel a majority of the world has treated you.



A perfect synopsis of why white people don't understand the Black persons perspective... :idea:

i know what went on and i know what still goes on with black people.
it is a shame. however, no, i do not understand the black person's perspective. how could i/white people?
one thing is for certain, i don't pretend to understand it.

Plook wrote:
Imagine a cross country race of say 25 miles full of various obstacles and task to be accomplished, now imagine the Black person starts at 30 miles and buried to their neck under sand

ok, so you're putting all black people in the same box by stating that they are all starting with a disadvantage.
this is simply not the case.

Plook wrote:
in no way do they need your sympathy just your respect... :idea:

it wouldn't be my sympathy,
you're the one that made it sound like one's past should grant them a free win against an equal opponent.

Plook wrote:
just your respect... :idea:

respect is not halloween candy.
i give it where i feel that it needs to be given.

_________________
that's what happens when you don't read you loose your link to higher thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 37402
Location: Somewhere in time
lapsed maps wrote:
Plook wrote:
lapsed maps wrote:
i get it, you're throwing up percentages in eager attempts of appearing ANTI-racist... however,
getting the job via the sympathy vote ≠ out performing - no matter how unfair/cruel a majority of the world has treated you.



A perfect synopsis of why white people don't understand the Black persons perspective... :idea:

i know what went on and i know what still goes on with black people.
it is a shame. however, no, i do not understand the black person's perspective. how could i/white people?
one thing is for certain, i don't pretend to understand it.

Plook wrote:
Imagine a cross country race of say 25 miles full of various obstacles and task to be accomplished, now imagine the Black person starts at 30 miles and buried to their neck under sand

ok, so you're putting all black people in the same box by stating that they are all starting with a disadvantage.
this is simply not the case.


^^^You missed this...
"Blacks for the most part (90%) start with a huge disadvantage..."


Plook wrote:
in no way do they need your sympathy just your respect... :idea:

it wouldn't be my sympathy,
you're the one that made it sound like one's past should grant them a free win against an equal opponent.

^^^You missed this...
"Black person starts at 30 miles and buried to their neck under sand, if the race finish's in a tie wouldn't you have to say the Black person out performed you..."


Plook wrote:
just your respect... :idea:

respect is not halloween candy.
i give it where i feel that it needs to be given.

^^^You missed this...
"...start with a huge disadvantage the mere fact they caught up to you...[they]...have outperformed you..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 17573
Location: misanthropia
Image

_________________
that's what happens when you don't read you loose your link to higher thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 18154
Location: City Of Tiny Lites

"Any artistic decision made that's based on whether or not you're going to make money is not really an artistic decision, it's a business decision".


Frank Zappa, 1983

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 4835
Location: Oregon
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

"Any artistic decision made that's based on whether or not you're going to make money is not really an artistic decision, it's a business decision".


Frank Zappa, 1983

Great quote from the new documentary! 8)

_________________
“Listen to everyone, read everything; believe absolutely nothing unless you can prove it in your own right!”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 18154
Location: City Of Tiny Lites
The man was intelligent and articulate, no one can deny it:

Q: How do you get the London Symphony Orchestra to perform your music?

Z: You pay them.

Q: It's a very prestigious organization!

Z: Yeah, so you pay them a lot of money.

^^or something for that effect.

I still have half a day to watch it. I will do it for the 4th time, :mrgreen:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 pm
Posts: 1189
Location: ger-money
Image

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group