Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:34 am 

I can see that i'm in the right place here.
well, not strictly 'right', but you know what i mean...

i think...

Post subject: Cheney's Revenge
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:36 pm 
Banned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:57 pm 

Good one !

And to think of all those morons who thought that Irak was going to cut down gas prices.

Laugh till it hurts !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:01 pm 
Banned

Why did Japan go to War?
Japanese Imperialism during World War II

© Jim Osborn

Mar 31, 2008
Emperor II, public
The reasons behind Japans aggression during World War II is not as well known as its German counterpart, so what prompted "The Empire of the Sun" to wage war?

Japan was desperate and in social and economic crisis, and the country was racked by devastating natural disasters. Dozens of earthquakes ravaged the country leaving destruction in it's wake.

The bottom fell out of the Japanese economy and they became a country ready for political upheaval. By 1926 over three-million workers were unemployed and thousands had lost their life savings.

For the first time in history, Japan was on the edge of revolt. A communist movement became popular and was gaining momentum.

The Diet (Japanese Parliament) took action to exterminate what they called "Dangerous Ideologies" and created the "Tokka" or special police and smashed all communist sentiments by 1928.

In 1930 a string of assassinations began. It was a brainless period of patriotism when zealots tried to purify Japan by murdering its leaders.

Extremists felt their leaders were cowering to the West by limiting Japans navel expansion and Prime Minister Hamaguchi was killed in 1930.

The political murders continued when a faction called “The Blood Brotherhood” carried out the executions of Finance Minister Junnosuke Inoue and Baron Takuma Dan.

The public sympathized with the assassins and considered them hero’s and plead for leniency and eventually the killers and their accomplices were released.

Japan, a nation dependant upon imported resources, suffered when the “The Great Depression” hit America destroying their greatest economic industry, the export of silk to the U.S.

Why did officials ignore peace-loving Emperor Hirohito, who once wrote “Sublime is the moment when the world is at peace?” And why did Hirohito never make a forceful enough appeal to prevent hostilities?

Hirohito accepted his role as a priestly figurehead who was expected to maintain a god-like dignity and not involve himself in affairs of state except in a purely ceremonial role.

The Emperor realized that the war-loving generals and politicians were deliberately venerating him to divine status to purposely render him impotent.

Although Hirohito indirectly made his disagreement known he was handcuffed by custom and ancient tradition from voicing out his true desires or making specific demands.

Japanese leaders believed that Asian colonies could supply them with raw materials and aid them in their economic problems through conquest.

Acting upon his own initiative Lieutenant Colonel Kanji Ishihara began Japans military aggression by attacking Manchuria under pretext of wrong-doing to seize territory.

By March 1932, the Japanese Kwantung Army led by the recently promoted Colonel Kanji Ishihara was given the go-ahead to capture all of Manchuria, Jehol, and a part of Mongolia.

The United States and other powers refused to recognize the new independent state of Manchukuo, which was made up of conquered lands that had been taken from China.

The Japanese were infuriated by “The League of Nations” condemning their actions and decided to withdraw from the League and disregard world opinion and peace treaties.

In 1939 the United States rescinded its commercial treaty with the Empire of Japan and began to restrict essential shipments of oil and metals.

These actions created resentment for the West and furthered the already deep seeded Anti-Anglo feelings throughout the Land.

By 1941 the U.S. joined in a full embargo which was a devastating blow to Japanese need and reliance upon imported oil.

Japan, given a choice of withdrawing from China or be denied the resources they needed to continue their campaign, chose war!

Prime Minister Hideki Tojo said, “ We have nothing to fear in fighting the U.S. and Britain.” It was decided that Japan would attack America.

They planned the assault on Pearl Harbor which would eventually lead to the downfall of Japan, and in the famous words of a Japanese commander after the attack “Awake a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.”

Reference: Japan at War: World War II

Time-Life Books 1980

A WAR over natrual resources?

Hmmmmm.........???

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:20 pm 

Dipshit!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:38 pm 
Banned

History repeats itself.

When the US runs out of oil. We will find somebody to take it from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:50 pm 

Japan or USA?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:12 pm 
Banned

If and when the USA is in real danger of collapsing because of a lack of energy sources, a military option will be the solution. Take the oil we need from those who are only in it for the money, the Arabs. By any means necessary.

The only hope is that the USA will develop alternative energy sources that will render oil nothing but wrthless slimy black goo. At that point, the Arabs will no longer have our balls in their pockets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:25 pm 

Help, I'm a Rock wrote:
If and when the USA is in real danger of collapsing because of a lack of energy sources, a military option will be the solution. Take the oil we need from those who are only in it for the money, the Arabs. By any means necessary.

The only hope is that the USA will develop alternative energy sources that will render oil nothing but wrthless slimy black goo. At that point, the Arabs will no longer have our balls in their pockets.

Help, I'm a Rock wrote:
Lumpy is retarded. Or maybe just dumb. Plenty of ugly on the side.

now, who's retarded around here? or just plain dumb? and really ugly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:29 pm 
Banned

Think about it, Eurotrash.

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:36 pm 

Help, I'm a Rock wrote:
think about it, eurotrash.

haha. american dumbfuck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:39 pm 
Banned

Keep your head in the sand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:41 pm 

Help, I'm a Rock wrote:

yeah, just like most americans on this forum. idiots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:21 pm 

Help, I'm a Rock wrote:

you're so fucking stupid it's just unbelievable.
you believe anything you see on tv, don't you?

fucking moron.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:33 pm 
Banned

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Help, I'm a Rock wrote:

you're so fucking stupid it's just unbelievable.
you believe anything you see on tv, don't you?

fucking moron.

As long as the likes of you think so, it's mission accomplished.

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:30 pm 

hey zombie, I agreed with most of what you said in conclusion to that article on WWII you posted. Well, except, it's not our balls in their pockets. Have you ever seen The Fog of War with Robert MacNamara?
check it out, great for memorial day
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4462752804

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:35 pm 
Banned

The race is on.

An energy alternative or war.

And yes, I've see that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:52 am 
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:19 pm 
Banned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:02 am 

"Shut up and drive" !!!

I loved that one. On a first and second level !!!
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:00 pm 
Banned

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/presidentbush/2008/08/georgia-war.html

Why was Cheney's guy in Georgia before the war?

What was a top national security aide to Vice President Dick Cheney doing in Georgia shortly before Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili's troops engaged in what became a disastrous fight with South Ossetian rebels -- and then Russian troops?

Not, according to the vice president's office, what you might think -- if your thinking takes you into the realm of Cheney giving his blessing to the Georgian's military operation.

To be sure, Cheney has been a leader of the hardliners in the administration when it comes to standing up to Russia -- to the point that the man who ran the Pentagon as the Cold War came to an end during the administration of the first President Bush has been seen as ready to renew that face-off with Moscow.

It was Cheney who visited the Georgian embassy in Washington last week to sign a remembrance book as a demonstration of the administration's support.

And yes, Joseph R. Wood, Cheney's deputy assistant for national security affairs, was in Georgia shortly before the war began.

But, the vice president's office says, he was there as part of a team setting up the vice president's just-announced visit to Georgia. (It is common for the White House to send security, policy, communications and press aides to each site the president and vice president will visit ahead of the trip, to begin making arrangements and planning the agenda.)

The White House disclosed on Monday that Cheney would hurry over to Azerbaijan, Georgia, Ukraine and Italy next week, almost immediately after addressing the Republican National Convention on Labor Day.

And so it was that a team from the vice president's office, U.S. security officials and others were in Georgia several days before the war began.

It had nothing to do, the vice president's office said, with a military operation that some have said suggests a renewal of the Cold War.

-- James Gerstenzang

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:23 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Help, I'm a Rock wrote:

yeah, just like most americans on this forum. idiots.

SOME people take offense to that statement.... I find MOST of the Americans on this forum to be at least as intelligent as you :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:24 pm 

Help, I'm a Rock wrote:
History repeats itself.

We won't run out. There is no oil shortage, there never has been one and we have plenty on surplus to last for many years to come, even if we stopped drilling today.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:04 am 
Banned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:36 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Help, I'm a Rock wrote:
History repeats itself.

We won't run out. There is no oil shortage, there never has been one and we have plenty on surplus to last for many years to come, even if we stopped drilling today.

I'm not so sure about that, Spacebro. It's a finite resource and will run out eventually. Maybe it won't happen in our lifetime, but (not so) future generations will feel the brunt of it unless we get further into alternative energy sources now.