Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:01 am 

22 dead dogs found in Ashtabula County ditch

CHERRY VALLEY TOWNSHIP, OHIO - Twenty-two dead dogs were found left in a ditch in Cherry Valley on Monday afternoon.

A spokesperson from the Ashtabula County Animal Protective League said the dogs were found in a ditch on Linton Road, off Loveland Road. The driveway dead-ends and there are no homes nearby.

The property owner alerted authorities to the dogs.

The dogs ranged anywhere from 10 week old puppies to six years old dogs, all from a similar breed. A local veterinarian did a necropsy on all the dogs and found out one of them was even pregnant.

"I was crying that's horrific," said Cindy Bundy, who along with her neighbors found the dogs near their property Monday. "I got two grandchildren that play through here and for somebody to take 22 dogs, and pregnant ones, it's beyond horrific. If my grandchildren found them, it would not have been right at all."

"It's most of all of our thoughts. Did they suffer in any type of way and who would do something like this? Why were they put there? Obviously somebody who loaded up deceased animals, drove somewhere and threw them out like they were trash," said Ashtabula County animal protection league animal welfare director Tammy Dondorfer. "I've been here 10 years, I've been on property before and I've seen many things but I have never seen 22 deceased dogs laying on the side of the road."

Where the dogs were located is a pretty desolate area. They were found over a gate scattered in the ditch, in the grassy areas and on top of tree limbs.

"Obviously a dog is not going to climb on top of that," said Dondorfer. "They were all in a strange position like they had been thrown. Some of the smaller ones were thrown farther out."

Dondorfer says one of the strangest facts concerning this case is that these Dogs all looked healthy.

"Someone must have been feeding them, taking care of them so again why are they laying out there? Their hair was matted a little bit so obviously they were a poodle type mix," said Dondorfer.

"They look very healthy," said Bundy. "There are so many puppy mills around here, in the country, you got puppy mills. It's quick money. Maybe they were tired of it, maybe somebody turned them in for it."

The dogs have all been cremated.

"We will get the ashes back at our shelter and have a burial for them," said Dondorfer. "We named all of them so I think they all deserve to be named somebody and that they should all be

"I don't know what was going through these peoples heads. I hope they got enough evidence back there, I really do hope they find something," said Bundy.

Ashtabula dog warden is investigating this case, her biggest tip thus far, a pair of gloves found nearby. The gloves will be tested for fingerprints.

Dondorfer said officials are not sure of the breed of the dogs, but some were sent to a veterinarian to be examined.

Photos from the scene were posted on the APL's Facebook page.

---FUCK people---

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:07 am 

Man bit on penis by Redback spider.

An Australian man has taken himself to hospital after a venomous redback spider bit him on the penis.
The tradesman was using a portable toilet on a Sydney building site on Wednesday morning when he was bitten.
A spokesperson for St George Hospital confirmed that a 21-year-old man was treated for a redback bite.
The redback spider, closely related to the black widow spider, is distinguished by a long red stripe on its abdomen.
The spider's bite causes severe pain, sweating and nausea.
The BBC spoke to the owners of the property who confirmed that the man had been bitten on the penis as described in media reports.
He was later discharged from hospital in a stable condition.
Although there are recorded cases of deaths from redback bites, none have occurred since the development of antivenom in 1956.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am 

Location: Behind a ultra-avant laminated, simulated replica-mahogany desk
He is lucky it wasn't a spider with proteolytic (i.e. that causes necrosis to the affected tissue) venom...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:11 am 

Cyclist banned 6 years for cheating with hidden motor

Caught using a hidden motor at a world championship race, cyclo-cross rider Femke Van Den Driessche of Belgium has been banned from cycling for six years.
"The motor was a Vivax which was concealed along with a battery in the seat-tube," the UCI said Tuesday. "It was controlled by a Bluetooth switch installed underneath the handlebar tape.
The UCI banned Van Den Driessche through Oct. 10, 2021, stripped her of the Under-23 European title she won last November and fined her 20,000 Swiss francs ($20,500).
She must return all prize money and trophies, including her Belgian national title, won since Oct. 11, the UCI disciplinary tribunal ruled.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/summe ... -1.3553292

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:31 am 

In a zoo in Tilburg, a snake celebrates its 5th birthday. Quite an achievement since it has 2 heads!
http://www.omroepbrabant.nl/?news/250049862/Niet+een+maar+twee+feesthoedjes+voor+het+eerste+lustrum+van+de+tweekoppige+slang.aspx
With video!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:58 pm 

You think your life is worth shit ? Well, yes as a matter of fact....

Smiths Falls, Ont., funeral business dissolves the dead, pours them into town sewers
'You come in by water, and you leave by water,' says business owner

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/bodies-dissolved-sewers-smiths-falls-funeral-1.3635063

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:04 am 

Bounce house flies away, hits power lines

NIAGARA COUNTY, N.Y. (WIVB) — A family in Niagara County, New York was enjoying a birthday party in their backyard Saturday when a bounce house flew away.
The family said a big gust of wind-swept the bounce house off of the ground and eventually landed on some power lines. The video captured by the family shows sparks coming from the transmission tower.

http://wavy.com/2016/06/20/bounce-house ... wer-lines/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:01 am 

That happens a LOT, actually, inflatable rides that fly off... killed an English girl earlier this year. Check rideaccidents.com: it hasn't been updated for a while but the articles from before 2014 speak volumes...

This weekend there was a survival run for kids aged 6-16 in my province, in Schijndel. It involved going down a slide. At least 40 children had nasty burns, some were hospitalized, from the slide. It turns out that the lubricant used for the slide was accidentally put in a barrel that had contained washing up liquid, and these two caused a chemical reaction that caused the injuries.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:24 am 

just plain doug wrote:
Bounce house flies away, hits power lines

NIAGARA COUNTY, N.Y. (WIVB) — A family in Niagara County, New York was enjoying a birthday party in their backyard Saturday when a bounce house flew away.
The family said a big gust of wind-swept the bounce house off of the ground and eventually landed on some power lines. The video captured by the family shows sparks coming from the transmission tower.

http://wavy.com/2016/06/20/bounce-house ... wer-lines/

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNgL0E2BFEM[/url]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:49 am 

My Polish isn't good, but this is a magic trick going wrong:
http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/video ... /1.2703162

(Caution though: not pleasant)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:22 am 

In Belgium, an artwork by Dennis Tyfus has exploded because of the heat:
http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.engli ... /1.2718693

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:10 pm 

This one seems real.

Florida Man Caught Eating Stranger's Face Was Standout Student, FSU Frat Brother
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/florida-man-caught-eating-strangers-face-was-standout-student-fsu-frat-brother-8691963

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:39 am 

This parrot is over 90 and possibly even over 100 years old!
http://www.omroepbrabant.nl/?news/25360 ... e+Jan+(90+)+gaat+ver.aspx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:36 am 

In the Chinese city of Nanning, they like to eat dogs and cats. As a result, the city is teeming with rats.

The rats escape the cold by climbing up into the engine compartments of local cars. There, they chew through wires and hoses, and generally wreak havoc.

So local car owners are wrapping their vehicles in home-made "car maxi skirts" fashioned from chicken wire, bamboo and whatever looks like it'll work.

Officials in Beijing have suggested that the problem could be resolved rather easily if the locals would just stop eating all the dogs and cats.

The problem continues...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:32 pm 

meanwhile in Australia

CCTV footage solves Perth's weirdest parking fine dispute ... even more weirdly

HEATHER MCNEILL

Last updated 21:57, September 8 2016
FAIRFAX

Fresh twist to an Australian parking saga.

Plot twist!

What was already one of the weirdest parking fine dispute stories has become even more bizarre thanks to the intervention of CCTV footage.

On Wednesday, WAtoday ran an article about the City of Fremantle in West Australia claiming to have caught out a woman lying on social media about an unfair parking fine she received.

The woman, Sally, had posted a photo online complaining she received a $50 fine for not parking within the white lines. Her photo showed her parked car's front tyre barely an inch over the line with many commenters suggesting the fine was a bit harsh.

Sally originally complained about the "unfairness" of the parking ticket...but the council parking inspector had a different version of events.

But a photo taken by the ranger who issued the fine showed Sally's car illegally parked and clearly taking up two spaces on a busy Wednesday evening in the town's centre.

When we showed Sally the photo taken by the ranger she insisted she did not move her car to try and get out of a parking fine.

"I see the time on his photo at 6.47pm and I don't understand that at all... I have absolutely no recollection of moving the car and nor do my witnesses," she said.

We thought the strangest the story could get was Sally contacting us on Wednesday to say one of her friends had read our article and told her he had seen "four big guys" lift and move her car on the night in question.

Despite the idea seeming a bit far-fetched, we suggested she contact the council to see if there was any CCTV footage of the apparent "carrying incident".

And sure enough, there was.

Nine minutes after a ranger fined Sally, four men can be seen in CCTV footage lifting her car into the centre of the parking bay to allow enough space for their vehicle to park in the neighbouring bay.

A City of Fremantle spokesman said the council wanted to release the footage as Sally seemed to be copping a hard time on social media over the article.

"We now see this not as case of trying to fabricate evidence – just a really unusual series of events," he said.

"While this doesn't change the fact the car was illegally parked across two bays at the time of the fine being issued, it does support the confusion Sally would have faced when she came back to her car."

Sally has been contacted for comment.

For those struggling to keep up, here is a brief timeline of events:

* Sally had originally parked her car illegally in the William Street car park with her tyres well over the white line. She then went with friends to attend a council meeting.

* At 6.47pm, a parking inspector issued a fine for Sally's car being parked over two spaces, and took a photo as proof.

* Nine minutes later, four men are seen on CCTV lifting the car and moving it into its car space so they can fit their vehicle in the spot beside her.

* Sally then returns to discover she has been fined for parking outside the white lines.

* Confused, as her car is now within the lines thanks to the help of four burly men, she takes a photo of what she thought was her park, and posted it online complaining of the fine.

* The City of Fremantle claims Sally must have moved her car before taking her photo to try and get out of the fine.

* Sally denies this and struggles to understand how the council's ranger could have a photo of her car parked over the lines, different to her photo.

* Sally receives a message from a friend who says he saw "four big guys" lift and move her car on the night in question.

* The council's CCTV confirms this.

*The council acknowledges Sally's actions were not to fabricate evidence as they first thought, but rather just an "unusual series of events."

Sally is still going to have to pay her fine.

- watoday.com.au

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/ ... re-weirdly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:39 am 

A woman was found by the police in Tilburg, walking around in her pajamas. She turned out to have sleepwalked 3 km. The cops gave her a ride home.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:54 pm 

"PENSACOLA, Fla. — A Florida woman has filed a civil lawsuit against a former Escambia County deputy who allegedly discharged a stun gun into her chest and neck without provocation, tried to cover up the incident, then apologized with an off-color cake.

More: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/09/29/apology-cake-sorry-tased-you/91304936/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:26 am 

The most weird thing about it is that action was taken against the aggressor...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:00 am 

Clown mania sweeps the United States, leading to a dozen arrests

Last updated 09:28, October 4 2016

Is the US suffering mass hysteria, or is there a clown outbreak?

Of all the crimes you could invent, one involving a clown has to be up there with the strangest.

But in the United States, police are being run off their feet with of clown-related incidents - from claims of spooky clowns luring kids into woods, to armed clowns attacking motorists, and even a death resulting from a clown hoax.

The New York Times reports 12 people have been arrested in multiple states in recent weeks after making threats or false reports, or dressing up as clowns and chasing people.

On September 25, a 16-year-old boy was stabbed to death in Pennsylvania after, police said, "someone wearing a clown mask may have provoked a confrontation".

The same night, an 18-year-old was arrested nearby over a separate incident, where he donned a clown mask and tapped on his neighbours' windows.

A school in Reading, Ohio was shut on Friday for students' safety after a woman in the area claimed to have been attacked by a clown, who threatened to harm students.

A day earlier, in Ohio's Colerain Township, a youth was arrested over a clown threat against students at a high school. They were charged with making terrorist threats and inducing panic.

Colerain Township police chastised the youth for "[using] the current 'clown' trend to further terrorise parents and students".

Residents of an apartment block in Greenville County, South Carolina, were the first victims of the clown trend back in August.

Reported sightings of creepy clowns trying to lure kids into nearby woods put the building on high alert for clown-related behaviour.

While more reports had come from kids, at least one adult reported seeing a clown who waved at her, and she waved back.

It was thought the clowns may be a movie promo, but the trend has since spread cross country, with sightings in six other states.

One Cincinnati, Ohio town had brought in extra police for football games, due to a spike in clown incidents.

Ohio's latest incident occurred on Saturday, when 18-year-old Alexsandra Conley told her boss she was late for work after being attacked by a clown.

However, police identified inaccuracies in her story, and revealed she'd made it up because she was worried she would be fired.

In Florida, Sheriff Christopher Nacco recently told NBC residents were "frustrated" by many societal issues, and clown sightings were only adding to their headache.

He warned that the clowns themselves may be in danger of retaliation.

"We are warning teens and young adults not to get involved in this fad, of dressing up as clowns to cause fear, because eventually someone is going to perceive their actions as a threat and take justice in their own hands," he said.

Among those caught making up clown sightings were Brandon and Rebecca Moody, siblings from LaGrange, Georgia, who claimed they had seen a group of group of clowns standing near a van that had run out of petrol.

A police search found no sign of clowns, and the siblings were arrested and charged with obstruction and unlawful conduct during an emergency call.

Psychologists suggested the US could be experiencing a "mass hysteria" event, or felt the need to be connected to something happening in the headlines, the New York Times reported.

It just goes to show what can happen when clowning around goes too far.

- Stuff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:11 pm 

Chilli challenge burns 2.5cm hole in man’s oesophagus

Last updated 10:33, October 16 2016

Too hot to handle: they may be small but a hot chilli can do more than just make your eyes water.

An American man took on one of the world's hottest chillies, the notorious ghost pepper, in a recent eating competition but the outcome was far from a win.

After eating a hamburger laced with ghost pepper puree, the man began vomiting and retching violently. Suffering from severe abdominal pain he was admitted to A&E where doctors discovered a 2.5cm hole in his oesophagus.

The chili eater underwent emergency surgery and spent 23 days in hospital.

The ghost pepper, or bhut jolokia, was considered the world's hottest chilli until 2013 when it was surpassed by the Carolina Reaper pepper.

Ghost peppers have a measured 'heat' of more than 1,000,000 Scoville heat units (SHU) - more than twice the strength of a habanero pepper. Cayenne pepper registers at around 30,000-50,000 SHU.

Doctors writing in The Journal of Emergency Medicine have warned that the rise of 'food challenges' may complicate diagnoses.

In this spicy situation, doctors initially assumed the man's symptoms related to discomfort after his meal, before discovering the rupture in his oesophagus.

The condition, caused by excessive vomiting, is rare, carries a high mortality rate, and is called Boerhaave syndrome after the 18th century physician whose patient died after vomiting up a gluttonous lunch.

Food for thought.

- Stuff

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food- ... oesophagus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:21 am 

A conspiracy theorist dies mysteriously after sending haunting text to his mother

Last updated 21:48, October 17 2016

Max Spiers was in Poland talking about conspiracy theories and UFOs when he was found dead on his sofa.

A conspiracy theorist sent a haunting text to his mother to investigate if anything happens to him, days before his mysterious death.

Max Spiers, 39, was found dead in an apartment in Poland, where he was giving a talk about conspiracy theories and UFOs.

In a text to his mother, Vanessa Bates, he wrote: 'Your boy's in trouble. If anything happens to me, investigate.'

He was ruled to have died from natural causes but no post-mortem examination had been carried out, the Daily Mail reported. Friends claim he died after he 'vomited a black liquid'.

His mother said her son's investigations into UFOs and government cover-ups may have made him enemies who would have wanted him dead.

She said her son was making a name for himself and was working on "exposing" who was "dangerous in the world of government [and] the entertainment world."

"I think Max had been digging in some dark places and I fear that somebody wanted him dead," she said.

In a text to his mother, Vanessa Bates, Max Spiers wrote: 'Your boy's in trouble. If anything happens to me, investigate.'

His online followers are convinced he was killed by Government agents due to his unexplained death and authorities' treatment of the matter. .

On the website Project Camelot a blogger wrote: 'The entire circumstances are suspicious and I urge everyone to encourage the release of details about what really happened and call for an autopsy.'

Another blogger, Craig Hewlett, added: 'If it wasn't true what he talks about then why would they kill him? Healthy people don't just get sick and die, they get poisoned.'

Bates said Spiers was in good health so his sudden death on a sofa has raised many questions. .

She was given a death certificate stating he died of natural causes but Polish authorities refuse to release any paperwork about it to her.

Miles Johnson, a friend of Spiers', said in an interview with Project Camelot: '...a person has died here and I don't think it's good enough [that] somebody who just took normal medication should end up vomiting, spewing black liquid, whatever it was. And then shortly after that, whatever length of time it was died.'

A post-mortem examination was carried out by a pathologist once Spiers body was brought home, but Bates said more than two months later she still does not know the result.

"Apparently, he had not suffered any obvious physical injuries but he could have been slowly poisoned, which is why the results of toxicology tests from his post-mortem are so important."

Spiers was buried in Canterbury Cemetery in England.

- Stuff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:33 pm 

Ghost, what is the source for that (I don't intend to search for it on google :shock: )?

Creepy, time for me to change subject...

RIP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:01 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
A conspiracy theorist dies mysteriously after sending haunting text to his mother

Max Spiers was in Poland talking about conspiracy theories and UFOs when he was found dead on his sofa.

A conspiracy theorist sent a haunting text to his mother to investigate if anything happens to him, days before his mysterious death.

Way more strange is what this guy told BBC London:

UFO expert 'knew he was going to die'

17 October 2016 Last updated at 17:34 BST

Max Spiers died in June at the age of 39, days before giving a talk in Warsaw on UFOs.

Local authorities say he died of natural causes, but Miles Johnson, a UFO researcher, told BBC Radio 4's PM that Spiers died after being terminated by "sophisticated elements".

He "knew he was going to die, he knew he was in a trap".

Listen:
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-37684832

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:56 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:

https://youtu.be/BGWJ9bAB-4o

Base 37 with the as it happened updates, as we got information from those in Poland, which is all we have to go on. In cooperation with Project Camelot, that continued lack of actual information from the Warsaw locale, means any firm evaulation is inconclusive. With Four interviews (Actually 5) of Max as his final days came close, is all we have to go on. Refusal to give information has led to conclusions that there is something to hide. It must be made very clear that all the information we have had is what the Poles have chosen to give us.

This is a re-upload of deleted updates / fast blasts, with one extended update, made for a TV crew covering the case.

In recent weeks myself was allegedly exposed to toxins of some kind, some claim were designed to kill me, by snake venom. An event on a Dublin plane was, it seems a distraction. Its now clear this is of international concern, being covered by multiple media.

Max is dead, and the Poles chose to focus on filming him as his health declined, rather than give him urgent medical care which, even they say a Dr stated he required.

Even if his actual cause (now months later) is "normal", the manner in which this has been handled, Infers Gross irregularity.

EDIT UPDATE:

Max Spiers Fiancee Reveals What He Was threatening To Expose

http://www.neonnettle.com/news/1679-max ... -to-expose

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:39 am 

Yeti returned? Abominable snowman spotted 'terrorising cows' in Siberian town

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/554269/Yeti-Mysterious-footprints-creature-found-abominable-snowman-hotspot-Siberia

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next