Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 301  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:03 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

Should the Irwin/Stingray tape have been released or not*?

*Just a fictitious head news...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/5326802.stm

I think his wife will decide whether or not it's best to release the film in question. If she decides to let the general public see it, then yes, I would watch it. I have no problem with watching it. He dedicated his life to what he did, and said he wanted his death to be filmed should it happen while the camera was running. She will decide what to do ultimately, and whatever that is, it should be respected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:15 pm 

Here is something strange: World Wrestling Entertainment had a Controversial comment about the death of Irwin. Matt Striker, (AKA Matthew Kaye, Last years disgraced teacher turned pro wrestler) was cutting a promo when he mentioned something about dumb guys (or jocks) he then said "Unlike these guys you won't see swimming with stingrays." When he said that it caused an uproar. The WWE later apologized for the comment.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2006_/a ... 654097.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:13 am 

how th' heck , do ya reckon this ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:17 am 

Anna Nicole Smith's 20-Year-Old Son Dies
Sep 11, 9:23 AM EST

The Associated Press

NASSAU, Bahamas -- The 20-year-old son of Anna Nicole Smith has been found dead in a hospital in the Bahamas, where the former reality TV star and Playboy playmate gave birth to a baby girl.

Authorities had not determined what caused the death of Daniel Wayne Smith, whose body was found Sunday morning, said Robin Bonnema, a spokeswoman for Trimspa, the diet products company that has been endorsed by Smith. Bonnema had no other details, and calls to Smith's lawyer, Howard K. Stern of Santa Monica, Calif., were not immediately returned.

Bonnema declined to provide details, saying only that Smith died "in his bed."

A statement on Smith's Web site said the son died suddenly.

"We have yet to learn the cause of death but do not believe that drugs or alcohol were a factor," the statement said. "Anna Nicole is absolutely devastated by the loss of her son. He was her pride and joy and an amazing human being."

Walter Evans, a spokesman for the Royal Bahamian Police Force, would say only that the son of an undisclosed celebrity had been found in a room of the private Doctor's Hospital in Nassau.

Anna Nicole Smith, 38, gave birth to a healthy 6 pound, 9 ounce girl at the hospital on Thursday, her Web site said.

Her son had traveled to the Caribbean country "to share in the joy of his baby sister," the statement said. "Please do not make any press inquiries at this time so that Anna Nicole can grieve in peace."

Smith married Texas oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall II in 1994, when she was 26 and he was 89. He died the following year. In March, the Supreme Court upheld Smith's right to a bequeathment of $474 million, though legal battles with Marshall's son, Pierce Marshall, have continued.

Daniel Smith had small roles in her movies "Skyscraper" and "To the Limit." He also appeared several times on the E! reality series "The Anna Nicole Show."

Bonnema said she did not know the name of Daniel Smith's father or that of the baby girl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:21 am 

Oriana Fallaci died last night.

I liked her attitude...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:50 am 

peerdiem wrote:

I liked her attitude...
Yes! Very much agreed. And I've wondered for a long time why she just suddenly seemed to drop off the face of the earth. I had no idea she'd simply retired.
(Is it my imagination or is this a curious choice for a photo of her, showing the Twin Towers very clearly in the background?)

--Bat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:05 am 

Batchain1001 wrote:
peerdiem wrote:

I liked her attitude...
Yes! Very much agreed. And I've wondered for a long time why she just suddenly seemed to drop off the face of the earth. I had no idea she'd simply retired.
(Is it my imagination or is this a curious choice for a photo of her, showing the Twin Towers very clearly in the background?)

--Bat

I always try to be "curious", but the picture wasn´t chosen to make a point. I think it´s a nice picture.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:54 pm 

ann richards, former govenor of texas passed away september 13th. too bad, she was a neat lady. and i don't think she would be offended if i called her a tough broad :wink: really said what was on her mind. miss her already. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:59 am 

Apparently Boz Burrell of King Crimson and Bad Company fame is no longer with us...

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release_ht ... _id=165889

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:26 am 
Banned

dove_grey wrote:
ann richards, former govenor of texas passed away september 13th. too bad, she was a neat lady. and i don't think she would be offended if i called her a tough broad :wink: really said what was on her mind. miss her already. :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:26 pm 

jimmie d killed the forum wrote:
dove_grey wrote:

She was GREAT!!!
She did a lot of great things for Texas and the nation's consciousness. I'm not kiddin. She told it like it was and didn't take any shit.
Sad to hear her go so soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:32 pm 

peerdiem wrote:
Batchain1001 wrote:
peerdiem wrote:

I liked her attitude...

--Bat

I always try to be "curious", but the picture wasn´t chosen to make a point. I think it´s a nice picture.
Agreed. It's a very good choice for a picture of Oriana and it was by purely unconscious accident that I did notice something that was extraneous to it and made note of it.

--Bat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:33 pm 

I'd just like to quote Richards That Bush has a silver Foot in his mouth

And Laura Bush has a silver cock in hers :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:45 pm 

aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

Should the Irwin/Stingray tape have been released or not*?

*Just a fictitious head news...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/5326802.stm

I think his wife will decide whether or not it's best to release the film in question. If she decides to let the general public see it, then yes, I would watch it. I have no problem with watching it. He dedicated his life to what he did, and said he wanted his death to be filmed should it happen while the camera was running. She will decide what to do ultimately, and whatever that is, it should be respected.

Irwin death film 'will never air'

Footage of Australian naturalist Steve Irwin's death will never be broadcast, his widow Terri has said in her first interview since his 4 September death.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/5384764.stm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:04 am 

Leeds professional Paul Hunter lost his brave battle against cancer when he passed away at the Kirkwood hospice in Huddersfield on 9th October just five days short of his twenty-eighth birthday. First diagnosed with cancer in the spring of 2005, the much admired former World No.4 had demonstrated immense courage and dignity as he chose to fulfil all his professional playing commitments on the 2005/06 Tour despite the debilitating effects of his illness and the on-going courses of chemotherapy applied in an attempt to control and eradicate a rare form of cancer producing neuro endocrine tumours.

Following a sudden deterioration in his condition four days earlier, the three-times Masters champion was transferred to the hospice where he later died with his wife Lindsey at his bedside. One of the most universally popular figures the game has ever produced, the likeable Yorkshireman will be sadly missed by both fellow professionals and snooker fans worldwide who will always fondly remember his cheeky smile and thoroughly endearing character which epitomised his every genuine gesture….

Modest in victory and gracious in defeat, the former World No.4 began life from humble beginnings on the challenging Moortown estate in Leeds. Born on 14th October 1978, Paul Alan Hunter was to become the latest in a long line of top sporting talents to hail from the English county of Yorkshire. He first picked up a cue at the age of seven and was a natural from the very beginning.

Educated at the Cardinal Heenan High School in Leeds, Paul Hunter, encouraged by family and friends, spent many hours at the practice table, and by the age of 12, had become an outstanding junior talent. Under the careful guidance of experienced professionals Jimmy Michie and former World Champion Joe Johnson, the Leeds youngster saw his boyhood dreams come true when he made his debut amongst the professional ranks in July 1995.

The Leeds rookie was destined to make an immediate impact on the World scene, and at the age of 17 became one of the youngest players ever to reach the last four of a major ranking event when appearing as a semi-finalist in the 1996 Welsh Open. Two years later, Paul Hunter returned to Welsh soil where he secured his first major tournament success, when he defeated World No. 2 John Higgins 9-5 to take the 1998 Regal Welsh Open title.

In securing the 1998 Regal Welsh, Paul Hunter became the second youngest winner ever of a major professional event. During February 2001 the Leeds based professional landed the prestigious Benson & Hedges Masters title and a first prize of £175,000. 2002 provided further success for Paul Hunter as he won the 2002 Regal Welsh before going on to retain his Benson & Hedges Masters crown.

In huge demand by the national media following his dramatic victories in both the 2001 and 2002 Benson & Hedges Masters, Paul Hunter had become the pin-up boy of snooker and firmly established as a favourite of both the UK and overseas press.

Three semi-final appearances plus victory in the 2002 British Open highlighted an outstanding 2002/03 campaign for the Yorkshireman who had then moved up to No.8 on the Official World ranking list.

A semi-finalist in the 2003 Embassy World Championship, Paul Hunter continued to build on his massive media following. Numerous television, radio, press, and fashion magazine appearances further enhanced his glittering career, and in 2004, the Leeds cueman was to become only the third player to win three Masters titles as he recovered from 2-7 down to beat Ronnie O’Sullivan 10-9.

A household name across the globe, the easy going mild mannered Yorkshireman had become not only snooker’s hottest property but also one of the best loved characters the game had ever produced. An overwhelming success and with a growing following from snooker fans across the world, highly fashionable and increasingly high profile Paul Hunter helped to change the face of snooker forever by attracting a new and younger audience to the sport.

Despite being diagnosed with cancer in March 2005, the genuine Yorkshireman continued to compete with total commitment, and despite the tiring side effects of his illness, always found time and energy to sign autographs and communicate with his adoring army of fans.

Much to the delight of snooker fans worldwide, the birth of baby daughter Evie Rose gave Paul Hunter one of his proudest moments when he became a father for the first time on Boxing Day 2005.

His brave appearance at the 2005 World Championship and his personal determination to compete during the following season stand as testament to a man, who despite modest beginnings, leaves behind an outstanding example that most can only aspire to from the Yorkshireman who became champion in more ways than one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:55 pm 

Freddy Fender has lost his battle with cancer today at age 69.

I guess he "BEBOPED" his way to hell!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:16 pm 

JARED ANDERSON of Hate Eternal died this last Saturday. No word yet on what caused his death :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:47 am 

wheatgurm wrote:
JARED ANDERSON of Hate Eternal died this last Saturday. No word yet on what caused his death :cry:

wow, that is truly sad. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:33 am 

Jane Wyatt, famous as Margaret Anderson - mom on "Father Knows Best" (winner of 3 Emmy's in this role), dead at the ripe old age of 96.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:28 pm 

Rogério Duprat
1932-2006

Brazilian maestro who helped to revolutionize the MPB (Popular Brazilian Music) in the Tropicalia movement with artists such as Tom Zé, os Mutantes, Caetano Veloso, Gilberto Gil, Gal Costa and Nara Leão.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:03 pm 

William Styron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:33 am 

Ed Bradley, the jazz-loving 60 Minutes correspondent whose race and earring set him apart from his more traditional, white colleagues on the top-rated newsmagazine, died Thursday of leukemia at New York's Mount Sinai Hospital, according to CBS News. He was 65.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:57 am 
Banned

Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead!! :twisted:

:twisted: HAIL AMNERIKA!!! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:30 pm 

damn arcee...another one of the good ones gone! he was one of my faves over there. soft-spoken, intelligent, great voice...and not too hard on the eyes. definately will be missed. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:26 pm 

arrcee wrote:
Ed Bradley, the jazz-loving 60 Minutes correspondent whose race and earring set him apart from his more traditional, white colleagues on the top-rated newsmagazine, died Thursday of leukemia at New York's Mount Sinai Hospital, according to CBS News. He was 65.

I was just flipping through the channels and I saw him on the Charlie Rose show for just a moment. Many great interviews. I always recall the one he did with Willie Nelson.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 301  Next