Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 291, 292, 293, 294, 295  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:07 pm 

:(
I'll miss you KUII.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:58 pm 

This needed a bump

Plook wrote:
It's with great sadness and a heavy heart I must inform you the KUIII (Dean) passed away yesterday Sunday 02/09/20 after his long battle with cancer, he missed the DZ show in Arcata last night, I know he was looking forward to it.

His sister say's with a heavy heart it is a blessing due to his suffering recently when his health diminished suddenly over several weeks.

He beat the odds for having Pancreatic Cancer by making it well past the 2% survival rate, that's because Dean had one of the best outlooks on life and was an athlete his whole life. While he liked to have a good time, he was in excellent condition and took care of himself.

He is with with Terri, Kapt. Kiiirk, Pop Jim, and all the good people we lost at the big Frank Zappa Show in the sky siting together on a maroon sofa with a bit of wood flooring under it.

You are missed Dean (KUIII), you are missed...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:53 pm 

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. He was a very nice chap here. He will be missed... My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. So sorry, Plook. RIP, amigo.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:09 pm 

What I don't get is why ?
He looks pretty young to have that kind of disease
:P

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:28 pm 

:(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:35 pm 

This shitty disease does not respect age or anything...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:50 pm 

Aw damn. Rest in peace Dean!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:33 pm 

:cry: RIP Dean

you are the man, thanks for everything.....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:13 am 

Dean is certainly one of the good ones.
this is such a shame...

i hope you have found comfort, my friend.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:20 am 

So sorry to hear this terrible news .
Rest peacefully KUII .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:32 am 

KUIII is on my friends list, and he always expressed his appreciation with regards to my gift packages. I liked him. He will be missed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:49 am 

Oh no! I'm so saddened to hear this, my heart goes out to his family and friends. So glad to have met him at the ZPZ show way back when. A lovely chap. :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:16 am 

So long Dean, we had some good interactions and you taught me some things.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:20 am 

Lyle Mays

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:30 pm 

One thought...
I think there could be a Memorial Post for Zappa Forum Members who passed away under the supervision of the admin.
We could all be there after we die. Our own private cementary

OK, it's just a thought...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:49 pm 

cozylittlefooties wrote:
Lyle Mays

Very sad. Like KU too young to die too, 66...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:47 pm 

:cry:
:cry:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:44 pm 

Milt Priggee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:55 pm 

Charles "Chuckie" O'Brien: Right-hand man and former driver to Jimmy Hoffa dead at 86

Charles "Chuckie" O'Brien called himself Jimmy Hoffa's foster son but for decades was thought by investigators to have been complicit in Hoffa's disappearance — and was depicted that way in last year's film "The Irishman" about Hoffa's demise.

O'Brien, 86, died Thursday in Boca Raton, Fla., according to his stepson Jack Goldsmith. The announcement came on a blog called "Lawfare," co-founded by Goldsmith, a professor at Harvard Law School.

Goldsmith wrote that his stepfather apparently died of a heart attack. His blog entry grapples with one of the many mysteries surrounding Hoffa's death — whether O'Brien turned against his father figure and played a deadly role following the legendary labor leader's disappearance outside a restaurant in Bloomfield Township:

Chuckie was most famous for two things. In the 1950s, 1960s and early 1970s, he was the closest aide and near-constant companion of Jimmy Hoffa, the infamous and influential leader of the Teamsters Union.

And following Hoffa’s disappearance on July 30, 1975, Chuckie became a leading suspect when the government publicly accused him of picking up Hoffa and driving him to his death. The latter charge is, I believe, untrue. But practically everyone believed it. This accusation was repeated in story after story and book after book and, most recently, in the movie “The Irishman.” Chuckie lived the last 44 years of his life under that shadow

Goldsmith, beginning in his college years, became estranged from his stepfather for decades. But the two reconciled, spurring Goldsmith to write the 2019 book “In Hoffa’s Shadow,” a memoir of their relationship in which the stepson tries to show that O'Brien was not involved in Hoffa's murder.
As he writes in his blog entry on Thursday, O'Brien knew the leading suspects well from his long association with Hoffa, and after Hoffa disappeared, O'Brien "became tragically ensnared between the government’s public accusations and pressure and the mob’s very different types of private pressure."

Goldsmith faulted the "The Irishman" for perpetuating on film what he characterized as a tragic falsehood that forever plagued his father and distorted history.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:13 pm 

^^^^^^ Supposedly, Parts of Hoffa's body were put in a metal drum in Bayonne N.J.
and dumped in the river. Another part of his body is somewhere in the Meadowlands.
The rest of his body was buried in a highway under construction. I heard this story
from a guy in the Mob in the 1980's. He could've been making this stuff up. I don't
know.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:09 pm 

MOOP wrote:
^^^^^^ Supposedly, Parts of Hoffa's body were put in a metal drum in Bayonne N.J.
and dumped in the river. Another part of his body is somewhere in the Meadowlands.
The rest of his body was buried in a highway under construction. I heard this story
from a guy in the Mob in the 1980's. He could've been making this stuff up. I don't
know.

From what I've read of the book "I Heard You Paint Houses" Hoffa's body was taken from the house where he was whacked to a crematorium a two minute drive away.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:09 pm 

5-Time All-Star Shortstop Dead at 57

https://www.newser.com/story/287028/celebrated-blue-jays-shortstop-dead-at-57.html

Steve Nease

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:34 pm 

British DJ and producer Andrew Weatherall has died
Andrew Weatherall passed away this morning due to a pulmonary embolism
https://mixmag.net/read/british-dj-andrew-weatherall-died-news/
Dave Turner 17 February 2020

British DJ and producer Andrew Weatherall has died.

Weatherall, who was 56, passed away in the early hours of this morning (Monday, February 17) at Whipps Cross Hospital in East London. The cause of death was a pulmonary embolism, as revealed by his management.

A statement from the musician's management reads: “We are deeply sorry to announce that Andrew Weatherall, the noted DJ and musician passed away in the early hours of this morning, Monday 17th February 2020, at Whipps Cross Hospital, London.

"The cause of death was a pulmonary embolism. He was being treated in hospital but unfortunately the blood clot reached his heart. His death was swift and peaceful.

"His family and friends are profoundly saddened by his death and are taking time to gather their thoughts."

The start of Andrew Weatherall's DJ career saw him playing Danny Rampling's Shoom party, Paul Oakenfold's Future/Spectrum parties and Trip, which was run by Nicky Holloway.

Weatherall joined forces with Paul Oakenfold for his earliest studio work when they made the Club Remix of 'Hallelujah' by the Happy Mondays. Weatherall went onto produce music for the likes of Beth Orton and Primal Scream, notably the band's album 'Screamadelica'. He also remixed Björk, The Orb, The Future Sound Of London and 'World In Motion' by New Order.

Along with Terry Farley, Steve Mayes and Cymon Eckel, Weatherall co-founded the Boy's Own zine, which became an integral source for the club scene, notably acid house.

In 1992 he - along with Gary Burns and Jagz Kooner - started The Sabres Of Paradise. They released three albums on Warp Records from 1993 to 1995.

Weatherall set up his label Rotters Golf Club in 2001, which released work by his collaborative project Two Lone Swordsmen (with Radioactive Man). Weatherall's most recent album, 'Convenanza', was released on the label in 2016. He also released mix CDs for fabric and Ministry Of Sound.

Along with Sean Johnston, Weatherall was responsible for the A Love From Outer Space parties, where tracks played on the night don't exceed 122bpm to "create a world of slowness in a world of increasing velocity".

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:27 pm 

Actress Kellye Nakahara Wallet Of M*A*S*H TV Show Dies At 72

NEW YORK (AP) — The actress who played Nurse Kellye Yamato on “M-A-S-H’ has died.

Kellye Nakahara Wallett was 72 and died at her home in Pasadena, California.

“M-A-S-H,” the acclaimed sitcom set during the Korean War, ran from 1972-83. Nurse Kellye carries a secret crush on the show’s major character, the womanizing surgeon Hawkeye Pierce, played by Alan Alda.

In a memorable scene, Kellye reveals her feelings, scolding Hawkeye for having his “eyes … on every nurse” except her.

Wallet’s other acting credits included the films “Clue” and “She’s Having a Baby.”

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:13 am 

Good Times' actress Ja'nei Dubois dies at 74

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 291, 292, 293, 294, 295  Next