Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Harry, You're A Beast
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:07 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:25 pm
Posts: 4071
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
ImageImageImage
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

_________________
"If Frank Zappa cut a fart and mixed it to stereo, I'd buy it!" - jimmie d


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Harry, You're A Beast
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:19 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:25 pm
Posts: 4071
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Image
Image
Image
Image

_________________
"If Frank Zappa cut a fart and mixed it to stereo, I'd buy it!" - jimmie d


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:33 pm
Posts: 110
Location: Escondido, CA
I believe they spread the book-leaking stories just to get more publicity. I mean, it happens EVERY time. Wouldn't they be able to stop such things if they really wanted to? It doesn't seem to happen with any other books.

_________________
...And it was useless anymore
Yes, it was (back up, back up!) anymore
(Hey, you're hurtin' Joey Psychotic!)
Yes, it was useless anymore
(Move back now!)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:54 am
Posts: 4295
Location: En-Ger-Land
I can understand kids getting excited about a book and a character in it that they love, but why in the name of all things holy do adults jump on the bandwagon? Its a kids bloody book! I wouldnt mind, but to queue for days (in some cases) is bloody stupid when they can walk into a shop the day after its release and buy a copy quite easily - it's not gonna sell out. :?

_________________
"Listen to that noise! It's like Barry White eating wasps."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 10:40 am
Posts: 2552
Harry Potter's for morons, go out and grab real book like On The Road or Catch 22, you know, something that's actually interesting to read.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:54 am
Posts: 4295
Location: En-Ger-Land
I wouldnt agree that Harry Potter is for morons, a lot of kids like it and they aint morons. A lot of adults enjoy it too (some probably morons but not all), personally I cant understand why. I'd rather walk into my local bookshop starkers than read it. Each to their own though I suppose, and all that.

_________________
"Listen to that noise! It's like Barry White eating wasps."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 10:40 am
Posts: 2552
aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
I wouldnt agree that Harry Potter is for morons, a lot of kids like it and they aint morons. A lot of adults enjoy it too (some probably morons but not all), personally I cant understand why. I'd rather walk into my local bookshop starkers than read it. Each to their own though I suppose, and all that.

I'd rather you walked into a book shop starkers n'all :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:54 am
Posts: 4295
Location: En-Ger-Land
Crudblud wrote:
aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
I wouldnt agree that Harry Potter is for morons, a lot of kids like it and they aint morons. A lot of adults enjoy it too (some probably morons but not all), personally I cant understand why. I'd rather walk into my local bookshop starkers than read it. Each to their own though I suppose, and all that.

I'd rather you walked into a book shop starkers n'all :wink:


Hahahaha.....you little scamp! I asked for that didn't I? :wink:

_________________
"Listen to that noise! It's like Barry White eating wasps."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:07 am
Posts: 1623
Never bought into Harry Potter hype. JimmieD's images are hilarious as usual though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Harry, You're A Beast
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:45 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:25 pm
Posts: 4071
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
I can understand kids getting excited about a book and a character in it that they love, but why in the name of all things holy do adults jump on the bandwagon? Its a kids bloody book! I wouldnt mind, but to queue for days (in some cases) is bloody stupid when they can walk into a shop the day after its release and buy a copy quite easily - it's not gonna sell out. :?

Image
Image

_________________
"If Frank Zappa cut a fart and mixed it to stereo, I'd buy it!" - jimmie d


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:13 pm 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:12 pm
Posts: 719
Location: Western New York
aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
I wouldnt agree that Harry Potter is for morons, a lot of kids like it and they aint morons. A lot of adults enjoy it too (some probably morons but not all), personally I cant understand why. I'd rather walk into my local bookshop starkers than read it. Each to their own though I suppose, and all that.

I personally think Harry Potter is a good read. Haven't read all the books(read first 3 and have seen all the movies except the new one). It's pretty intelligent stuff for young kids to be reading. It's quite cynical and gets progressively darker throughout. You really can't compare it to books like Catch-22 and On The Road, different genres. I personally think Rowling does a good job giving you a very vivid picture of who all these characters are(one of her writing strengths). Plus, they are a blast to read. I don't buy into all the hype though, I'll read it eventually.

_________________
"Too weird to live, too rare to die"-Hunter S. Thompson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 10:40 am
Posts: 2552
aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
Crudblud wrote:
aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
I wouldnt agree that Harry Potter is for morons, a lot of kids like it and they aint morons. A lot of adults enjoy it too (some probably morons but not all), personally I cant understand why. I'd rather walk into my local bookshop starkers than read it. Each to their own though I suppose, and all that.

I'd rather you walked into a book shop starkers n'all :wink:


Hahahaha.....you little scamp! I asked for that didn't I? :wink:


Oh yes, yes you did! :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 8028
Location: Over there! (last)
Randall Enos
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group