Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 5637
Location: Between the Badges
Got tix for the Genesee show in May! :)

"Sleep with Joe Walsh", hahaha...

Image

I googled, so you don't have to...

1 Come - Presumed to be new TR Solo
2 I Got Your Back - KK Watson (spoken word) with Dam Funk (DJ from 2 tours ago)
3 Chance for Us - Daryl Hall (Oatsless) with Bobby Stickland (Flute/Sax from Nearly Human et al)
4 Fiction - Presumed to be new TR Solo
5 Beginning of the End - John Boutte (New Orleans vocalist)
6 Tin Foil Hat - Donald Fagen (Steely Dildo)
7 Look At Me - Michael Holman (first writer to use the term "Hip Hop" in print? among other things)
8 Lets Do This - Moe Berg (The Pursuit of Happiness)
9 Sleep - Joe Walsh (Crazy guy for President from the Eagles, not the psychotic Congressperson)
10 That Could Have Been Me - Robyn (Singer, bleah)
11 Deaf Ears - Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross (Not a fan of Nine Inch Nails or his little buddy)
12 Naked & Afraid - Bettye LaVette (Blues singer)
13 Buy My T - Presumed to be new TR Solo
14 Wouldn't You Like to Know - Rebop Rundgren (Son)
15 This is Not a Drill - Satriani, Prairie, Kasim

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 13678
Location: LumberTruckCentral
coevad wrote:
This just in!

Image

Two Joe's on the album!


KUIII wrote:
^^^I approve!


Yeah, it looks like a great album.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 6511
Ringo Starr and his All-Starr Band (including Todd) have a run of eight shows at the Planet Hollywood Resort in Vegas between October 13-28th.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 29955
Location: Somewhere in time
KUIII wrote:
Ringo Starr and his All-Starr Band (including Todd) have a run of eight shows at the Planet Hollywood Resort in Vegas between October 13-28th.



Are we doing all 8... :mrgreen:

BTW...got our rooms in Napa, new digs the other one was full... :|


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 6511
Plook wrote:
KUIII wrote:
Ringo Starr and his All-Starr Band (including Todd) have a run of eight shows at the Planet Hollywood Resort in Vegas between October 13-28th.



Are we doing all 8... :mrgreen:

BTW...got our rooms in Napa, new digs the other one was full... :|

Do I have a roommate or am I flying solo?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 29955
Location: Somewhere in time
KUIII wrote:
Plook wrote:
KUIII wrote:
Ringo Starr and his All-Starr Band (including Todd) have a run of eight shows at the Planet Hollywood Resort in Vegas between October 13-28th.



Are we doing all 8... :mrgreen:

BTW...got our rooms in Napa, new digs the other one was full... :|

Do I have a roommate or am I flying solo?



Your solo but ya have AG and I as wing-man so maybe you'll end up a party of two... :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 6511
:) I ended up sitting with a couple of friendly gals at the Todd show there last time. Maybe they'll make a return (they said they were married though :|). So am I riding with you guys too? How much do I owe you for the room?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 29955
Location: Somewhere in time
KUIII wrote:
:) I ended up sitting with a couple of friendly gals at the Todd show there last time. Maybe they'll make a return (they said they were married though :|). So am I riding with you guys too? How much do I owe you for the room?


Yes your in the Plook mobile and we can work it out when I see the total...base rate was $110.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 13678
Location: LumberTruckCentral
City Winery, New York, NY 3/7/2017

early show

Hello There
(Cheap Trick cover)

There Goes My Inspiration
(Utopia song)

Dirty Old Egg Sucking Dog

Born to Synthesize
(Bossa Nova version)

96 Tears
(? and the Mysterians cover)

Black and White

Past

Are You Havin' Any Fun
(Tony Bennett cover)

Love Of The Common Man

You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
(The Beatles cover)

Fire
(The Crazy World of Arthur Brown cover)

Incense and Peppermints
(Strawberry Alarm Clock cover)

Big Weekend

Patches
(Clarence Carter cover)

Love in Action
(Utopia song)

Blow Me (You Hardly Even Know Me)

Can We Still Be Friends



late show

Love of the Common Man

Running Bear
(Johnny Preston cover)

I Don't Want to Tie You Down

The Walls Came Down
(The Call cover)

Black and White

Are You Havin' Any Fun
(Tony Bennett cover)

Endless Prairie
(Lorne Greene cover)

I'm a Gun
(Lorne Greene cover)

Song of the Viking

Compassion

The Meaning Of Life
(Monty Python cover)

Dirty Old Egg Sucking Dog

Cliché

Lysistrata
(Utopia song)

I Saw the Light
(Bossa Nova version)

Hash Pipe
(Weezer cover)

Hello It's Me

Love in Action
(Utopia song)

One World
(Utopia song)

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 6511
^^^Sounds like a fun show with all those covers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 29955
Location: Somewhere in time
KUIII wrote:
^^^Sounds like a fun show with all those covers.



I always thought Hash pipe sounded like a TR song... :o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 13678
Location: LumberTruckCentral
Image

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 29955
Location: Somewhere in time
Wooooo...when, where, how


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 5637
Location: Between the Badges
^^^ s'posed to presale/sale on April 13 / 14. Wish I could find more info. I can't even find a proper seating chart for the venue.

Anyway, until then, here's the Carpenters checking out some TR.

Image

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 6511
Plook wrote:
Wooooo...when, where, how

8/26 - Hard Rock Hotel - Las Vegas
8/27 - Microsoft Theater - LA

That's as close as it gets to us Plook. Time for another Vegas road trip? :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 29955
Location: Somewhere in time
KUIII wrote:
Plook wrote:
Wooooo...when, where, how

8/26 - Hard Rock Hotel - Las Vegas
8/27 - Microsoft Theater - LA

That's as close as it gets to us Plook. Time for another Vegas road trip? :idea:



Dam that's right when I get back from the Great Solar Eclipse trip... :evil:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 6511
Plook wrote:
KUIII wrote:
Plook wrote:
Wooooo...when, where, how

8/26 - Hard Rock Hotel - Las Vegas
8/27 - Microsoft Theater - LA

That's as close as it gets to us Plook. Time for another Vegas road trip? :idea:



Dam that's right when I get back from the Great Solar Eclipse trip... :evil:

Correction: L.A. is 8/29


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 5637
Location: Between the Badges
In an ad, I read:
"Todd Rundgren returns to The Pabst for a spectacular multi-media production, performing selections from his forthcoming album “White Knight” plus Todd “classics” spanning his 5-decade career."

Since I can't find any info online as to what that means, I hypothesize...

While TR has often had multi-media productions, that has meant a variety of things. It also sez "performing selections from the forthcoming album". However, since the forthcoming album is TR paired w/ a variety of other artists, I have to guess... Are the other artists "flown in" via media? Whether that means that video is live from Donald Fagan's living room, or recorded in a studio and played back, who knows? Maybe also have a couple of the guests actually present on the tour? I'm very curious to find out.

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5068
Location: Vancouver, BC
coevad wrote:
Image



Very cool!

There's more dates going to be added. I definitely hope there's going to be one in my neck of the woods...

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 6511
There's a gap between L.A. (8/29) and Tulalip, WA (9/3) so that would suggest a Northern California show being added in there somewhere for us folks.

How close is the Tulalips show to you DB?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5068
Location: Vancouver, BC
KUIII wrote:
There's a gap between L.A. (8/29) and Tulalip, WA (9/3) so that would suggest a Northern California show being added in there somewhere for us folks.

How close is the Tulalips show to you DB?


It's a 2 hour and 20 minute or so drive (a little north of Seattle). I guess I could make the trek BUT I've already spent several hundred bucks on a trip to Seattle at the end of this month to see Kansas perform Leftoverture in its entirety, since they never play here and I've never seen Kansas live. In fact, I'm making a weekend out of it. However, if there's no Vancouver Yestival show, I still might go...

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 29955
Location: Somewhere in time
KUIII wrote:
There's a gap between L.A. (8/29) and Tulalip, WA (9/3) so that would suggest a Northern California show being added in there somewhere for us folks.

How close is the Tulalips show to you DB?



I think we will have to go for sure if we get a nor cal date... :!:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 13678
Location: LumberTruckCentral
All the new dates are up on the official site - http://trconnection.com/tour/t2017

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 4773
Hundreds of dollars to see Kansas?

See now, this is the thing about supply and demand. The outrageous and ill considered demand is much more than the meager and very dusty supplies are worth. Leftoverture, of course, being one of the most embarrassingly bad albums of the 70s and beyond. What's next? Hundreds of dollars to see Styx?

We got a twisted fixation with the marketplace
...there is no shortage of supply of pride and vanity

-TR


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5068
Location: Vancouver, BC
downer mydnyte wrote:
Hundreds of dollars to see Kansas?

See now, this is the thing about supply and demand. The outrageous and ill considered demand is much more than the meager and very dusty supplies are worth. Leftoverture, of course, being one of the most embarrassingly bad albums of the 70s and beyond. What's next? Hundreds of dollars to see Styx?

We got a twisted fixation with the marketplace
...there is no shortage of supply of pride and vanity

-TR


I said the TRIP cost was several hundred dollars.

Oh...and you're a fucking idiot.

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group