Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:51 am 

KUIII wrote:
coevad wrote:
^Nice. Thanks for the review.

Agreed. Looks like a great show. I get kind of tired of the whiners that complain about his set-lists. Todd always mixes it up and gives us a new show each time which keeps it interesting.

I agree with KU, I really enjoyed the Global Tour it was new and fresh with some classics.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:58 am 

White Knight on Spotify - http://exclaim.ca/music/article/todd_ru ... bum_stream

you have to download Spotify to hear full versions on the tracks.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:07 pm 

coevad wrote:
White Knight on Spotify - http://exclaim.ca/music/article/todd_ru ... bum_stream

you have to download Spotify to hear full versions on the tracks.

"bum stream", I'm not convinced :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:26 am 

Todd Rundgren Warns Trump Voters Away From His Shows: ‘You Will Likely Be Offended’

Todd Rundgren‘s outspoken nature has long been part of his charm — and he’s been in the public eye long enough that it’s hard to imagine that many members of his fan base might be surprised or offended to hear him sharing political opinions from the stage. But just on the off chance that any ardent supporters of the current administration feel tempted to catch a Rundgren show over the next few years, he’s offering a helpful warning up front: you should probably stay home.
“If I had the power, I’d say: If you’re a Trump supporter, don’t come to my show, because you won’t have a good time,” Rundgren told Variety. “And also, I don’t understand your frickin’ values. Because I’m not singing about that. If you don’t understand that basic thing, you’re just fooling yourself. I guarantee that in this show, if you’re a Trump supporter, you will likely be offended. Let the buyer beware! I mean, if you can’t take a joke, or you can’t admit that you’ve made a mistake, you don’t belong with the rest of us.”
Part of that ire seeped into Rundgren’s new White Knights LP, which finds him collaborating with a wide variety of peers and famous fans from across the musical spectrum. “Man in the Tin Foil Hat,” written and recorded with Steely Dan‘s Donald Fagen, arose from the pair’s proximity in Hawaii, and tapped into the alienation both artists were feeling after the election last November.
“I’ve known Donald since he spent some time living out at Kauai, where I still live, and he just happened to be on vacation on the island in January. We went out to dinner, and I thought, Well, geez, why don’t I just spring it on him?” recalled Rundgren. “The song was primarily driven by our common frustration with what happened in the recent election. It was still pretty fresh, and we were still pretty mad about it, so it happened pretty organically.”

As much as White Knight sees Rundgren taking a principled stand, he’s also making more of an effort to expand his audience these days. Telling Variety that the deaths of Prince and David Bowie made him realize his time isn’t unlimited, he said he decided to be “proactive” — which manifested itself not only in the crossover-friendly new album, but in a new round of tireless touring activity.
“For the foreseeable future, I’m going to be every place that I can get to,” vowed Rundgren. “I’ll be onstage at Coachella with the Lemon Twigs! I will go on tour with Yes, even though it’s not my show and I have to make compromises in my set to get in front of a larger audience. All that stuff would have bothered me hugely in the past, but I realized, if you’re all in, you’re all in. And at this point, I’m all in.”

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:16 pm 

Todd's looking pretty fit in that photo. He's been prone to a little chubbiness and beer gut over the last 15 years or so. Looks like he took some weight off.

I'm hoping to do the same. :idea:

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:46 pm 

KUIII wrote:
Todd's looking pretty fit in that photo. He's been prone to a little chubbiness and beer gut over the last 15 years or so. Looks like he took some weight off.

I'm hoping to do the same. :idea:

On the Global Tour he was rocking, dancing, and marching the stage for 2 hours...he's in great shape!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:20 pm 

Yep, Todd's always energetic.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:25 pm 

It's too bad, you're a hypocrite (like most liberals), Todd. You speak out against the bigotry of conservative morality (which I can partly agree with), but then automatically shun supporters of differing or opposing views because you think you understand enough about them to cast judgements, when it fact, you don't. That's not very "liberal", is it?! Another part of the problem is that you grew up in the hippie era (like most baby boomers) and don't understand much about economics, capitalism, or how markets work. And even though I don't agree with everything he says or does, Trump actually IS making America great again. I know it's hard to admit, Todd, but it's true. Oh well. I'll still always think of you as a major talent and will continue to dig most of your music (and Utopia's too)...

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:21 pm 

^^^I don't think Todd reads this thread. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:50 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
Another part of the problem is that (Todd Rundgren) grew up in the hippie era (like most baby boomers) and don't understand much about economics, capitalism, or how markets work.

Donald Trump was born in 1946. He was 21 in 1967, the height of the "hippie era". He's a baby boomer.

I hate to defend the stinky hippies or the ones who exploited them, but the boomers who made the Woodstock Film and Soundtrack certainly understood about capitalism and how markets work. They made a killing.

True, some hippies based their lives on things much more ancient and eternal than Capitalism. Not everyone is comfortable with the relentless exploitation of living things for selfish, fleeting monetary gain. Still, TR seems to do okay when it comes to making money.

What it really seems to come down to is DB has a chip on his shoulder, and he appears to lack/crave recognition for his supposed superior knowledge about economic systems and how to sell crap to the people you have conditioned to buy it. I get it. He wants to be seen as some kind of economic guru by the (mostly indifferent) Zappa board users. I'd like to help him out and play along but it would only make it worse in the long run.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:34 pm 

That's like saying: "You grew up with nice parents so you don't know what greedy and violent pieces of crap are like". This turkey never ceases to baffle me with how stupid he is.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:04 am 

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:47 am 

Long time fan of Todd, although I've never seen one of his shows. I did see him one time (late 70's) sitting
on a bench on the boardwalk at Asbury Park, NJ. I knew it was him straight away because of his multi-colored
hair. Anyways, I sort of got the vibe he wanted to be alone, so I didn't bother him.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:56 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Another part of the problem is that you grew up in the hippie era (like most baby boomers) and don't understand much about economics, capitalism, or how markets work.

Donald Trump was born in 1946. He was 21 in 1967, the height of the "hippie era". He's a baby boomer.

polydigm wrote:
That's like saying: "You grew up with nice parents so you don't know what greedy and violent pieces of crap are like". This turkey never ceases to baffle me with how stupid he is.

You're BOTH idiots.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:52 pm 

KUIII wrote:
^^^I don't think Todd reads this thread. :roll:

I'm pretty sure Todd's latte tech is an occasional guest of the forum..... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:09 am 

Todds God... :o

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:23 pm 

re Current TR tour pics: The TR video screen does not appeal to me. I'm sick of screens. It's in the way. The music is enough (for me). Of course, I support the artist doing whatever the fuck he wants.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:12 pm 

Todd's being fair. He's warning Trump Chumps to stay away. If Disco Boy or anyone of his ilk wants an alternative go to a Ted Nugent or Kid Rock concert.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:08 am 

TR is still on!

BREAKING NEWS... TODD LIVE ON ADULT SWIM ONLINE AT 12:30PM (EDT) per Michele:

Todd, Kasim, Jesse, and Prairie are on their way to the studio in Atlanta right now for a "little unpredictable madness" live streaming!

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams#EAgHEbCY5ZqH

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:44 am 

I didn't see it all. I saw some TR interview and some kinda games, then they performed Running Bear and Let's Do This. Here's some screen shotz:

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:46 am 

Nice soundcheck version of Let's Do This where ya get to see behind the wall o lights...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc1uXhC-8D0&feature=youtu.be&utm_source=White+Knight+%2310&utm_campaign=Round+Table+%2310&utm_medium=email

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:40 pm 

^^^^^ Very nice, Cheers ^^^^^

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:49 pm 

Todd just gave the commencement address to the 2017 Berklee School of Music grads. Nice job, Todd!
https://youtu.be/n1ENmSbBji0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:07 am 

Quaker Steak & Lube's® Nationwide Chicken Wing Day is the Biggest, Meatiest and Most Musical

Award-winning Restaurant Chain CeLUBEbrates Launch of New "Bangin' Drums!" on July 29; Challenges Fans to Support Music Education

WESTLAKE, Ohio, July 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The award-winning, family casual dining restaurant Quaker Steak & Lube® is upping the wing game nationwide with the biggest and meatiest indulgence fans can get for National Chicken Wing Day with new Bangin' Drums! Three times bigger than Quaker Steak & Lube's famous Jumbo Wings, the new Bangin' Drums! are prepared to provide the same great taste as the famed wings — with a light breading, fried golden, and flavored by of one of 20 familiar sauces, including award-winning favorites like Kentucky Bourbon Glaze and the newest fan favorite, Smoked Jalapeño Honey.
"We're going BIG! Our new Bangin' Drums! are enormous — by far the best thing wing fans are going to find on National Chicken Wing Day," said Andi Rice, marketing director of restaurants for TA Restaurant Group. "No other wing out there even comes close."

For a limited time only through Sept. 30, Quaker Steak & Lube's new Bangin' Drums! will be available for the special price of just $7.49. Select locations will serve up Bangin' Drums! beginning on National Wing Day, July 29th. Guests can satisfy their craving for the delicious Drums at all participating locations by August 14, and can check local Lube Facebook pages for dates when Bangin' Drums! will roll into each town. And to drum up even more fun for a great cause, the brand has teamed up with music artist and producer Todd Rundgren, who in 1983 gave us the song "Bang the Drum All Day," and who in 2013 founded Todd Rundgren's Spirit of Harmony, a non-profit that supports music and music education.
"We're excited to be partnering with Mr. Rundgren and his Spirit of Harmony music foundation," Rice added. "In addition to our award winning food, we're known for live music and entertainment and are proud to support music education as is he."

From July 29 - Sept. 30, Quaker Steak & Lube locations nationwide will donate 50-cents for every order of Bangin' Drums! sold — or at least $10,000 — to Todd Rundgren's Spirit of Harmony Foundation.

"We believe that every student deserves access to high-quality music instruction and we are dedicated to helping create and nurture sustainable music education programs in schools and organizations throughout the U.S.," said Todd Rundgren, founder and president of Todd Rundgren's Spirit of Harmony. "Quaker Steak & Lube's promotion and generosity will help us match resources to needs and create relationships to promote music education."

Fans are invited to find their inner rock star and engage with Quaker Steak & Lube via a custom SnapChat filter on National Chicken Wing Day and through various social components throughout the program. Lip synch throw down anyone? Don't be shy. Because at Quaker Steak & Lube, What's More Fun Than Having Fun — especially when it's for a great cause?"

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/quaker-steak--lubes-nationwide-chicken-wing-day-is-the-biggest-meatiest-and-most-musical-300492343.html

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:56 pm 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:

Nice! I wonder what the setlist will be for the Yestival shows (which I'll see 8/31). I would imagine he'd only get about an hour.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next