Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: POEMS
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:15 pm 

I've never been too big a fan of traditional poetry. It always seemed poignant...<br><br>Or maybe I'm just jealous because I can't write any...<br><br>But I've written some abstract poetry.<br><br>Here's a link to one of my works, it's too big for this page.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:42 pm 

Obviously I am not a great poet, so I will quote one of my favorites by Nin Andrews:<br> <br><br>Advice about Pussy Poems<br><br> <br><br>Please be advised.  You should not write pussy poems. Ever.  They are cliché.  Even if they have not been done like love and loss poems. That’s why, when you wrote in your love poem, That night the pussy was floating above me on pink wings, I whited her out.  You seem to have mistaken the pussy for an angel.  Something she can never be.  Good thing. Imagine what would happen if pussies become as popular as angels?  You’d see them everywhere, embossed and glowing—on greeting cards, Christmas trees, book jackets, mantelpieces---people would pray to them for luck or mercy.  Pussies would filter into our language so quickly every poet would write at least one pussy poem.  Allen Ginsberg said that whoever controls the language, controls the race.  Pussies should not be given control!  Nothing short of disaster would follow.  Pussies would determine the path of the thunderbolts and make the gullies for the rain.  Pussies would strip the world of its worldliness.  In hands such as yours pussies might even lose their pussiness.  There would be no past or tomorrow.  Alas.  But of course, you need not worry.  Why? Because most don’t know what a pussy is.  Like you, my dear.  Some imagine she flies, when in fact the pussy sucks men out of the air, one at a time.  No one notices the missing, and the missing notice no one.  Take your best friend, Joe, for example.  He’s been gone for weeks.  Have you noticed?  How he’s at peace forever, like a bee in clover.  Like a tree frog in a soft July rain. And the pussy, too, now that she’s found Joe. Now that there are as many hours in her days as eggs in a supermarket.  Not even a poet can say how she feels inside.<br><br>Nin Andrews is the author of several books including The Book of Orgasms and Why They Grow Wings. <br><br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:51 pm 

I haven’t got any funny poems on this PC but I have my uh serious ones <br><br>This one is about conjoined tumours <br><br>Teratoma Removal   <br><br>Star lit stagnant charnel pit <br>Lacquered limbs promoted slave driven whips <br>Soot drenched remnants over layered rope burn thirst <br>Recently exhumed renewal of life <br>Hanging from thread worn silver defected line<br>Wrapped inside magenta tumor safety pods<br><br>Teratoma late transcript informer <br>Hypochondriac hypo cordite hermaphrodite<br>Frailer by the day torque tourniquet cold crusade <br>Treat dexterous unwanted cyst with surgical knives<br><br>Torque armadas Spanish inquisition perfect cross fade transposition <br>Premeditated murder medicated driven forth to euthanasia<br>Anesthetized with subtle hidden lines Homosapiens alkaline <br>Dot the eyes and crossed to tears separate the souvenir    <br>Reputed to be the cause of seminal Golgotha gargoyle crucifixions <br><br>Teratoma placated e numbers<br>Nutrition free from rosette czar roulettes <br><br>Moon lit martyrs  <br><br>Le mort le interloper freelance funhouse fawn promoter<br>Brass shekel armor admires the surcease choirs <br>Moonless cold discordant decomposed sonatas <br>Walk a custom tight rope built for stereo type wrote<br>isotopes <br>Between the dreamscape and poppy flecked martyrdom<br>lysergic nightmares  <br>From this focal point disjoin disjoints that<br>orienteering map from a to b<br>Legacy cross harmonies of Trojan similarities <br>Cremated seminars cinema overlays <br>Fortified in draw-less monosodium mausoleum <br>Open up a drawer step right into this shrine to<br>minimalism fantasy<br><br><br>Here’s one about big brother ><br><br>Anesthetized Nation <br><br>Marsupials scurrying worrying hurrying  <br>Carrying out pouting pouched coward tribunals <br>Burying to sacrifice one good deed for another <br>Dig deeper tunnel under <br>Vent forth this ones envious anger<br>It’s a musical note freeze dried in cancer troop defoliators<br>Facilitate and calibrate this machine of wisdom<br>The generals sit on the side lines<br>Yelling orders to the blind one more KIA one more MIA<br>And so on so forth <br>You’ll incarcerate all my souls in cars sedate all these morals<br>You’ll clamp down on all the foes until the wisdom shines through <br>Like a subdued blazoned joint stitch physique     <br>Increasingly paralyzed isolated with each linear stride you take <br>Truly indigenous to this area fringe cropped bad news bearers <br>Bring forth the ultimate tabloid triviality wild fire spread controversy <br>Set it up for nationwide mockery <br>Eye stalks perched on the gentle suede sofa lakes <br>Watching each other watch others they in turn watch others in their wake<br>Irony<br><br>and here’s my latest song <br><br><br>Morbid Mobius Strip revised<br><br>Verse 1<br><br>Tarsiers awaken picture me dictated<br>Aloud asleep under water in twilight sedated<br>Drowning scenes vulnerable sets the theme<br>Overture : to extended endings overblown<br><br>A Broken canopy bullet riddled with holes<br>Struck and blinded self secured<br>Their is no reason for the visuals <br>Drawn out by AURAL FORCE<br><br>---riff---<br><br>Tendrils beneath the synthesis tides of chloride <br>The junction in the infants fate divide<br>Inverted his own mariner grave <br>In watery silent waves <br>Sleeping -----dreaming-<br><br>Verse 2<br><br>Perseids, Pegasids Southern delta-Aquarids<br>With shrill quiet screams in centigrade <br>Defile the relief common sense in shades <br>I stepped on several beliefs felt the icy gazes of..<br><br>Sickle and hammer flit through turn coat shadows<br>Marsupial nebula pocket pouch cowards <br>If epilogue ending could write it’s self..<br>What is this aneurysm that you speak of?<br><br>It pulled him down to depths of terror tiles <br>Lacerated the open score ended, Isolated <br>Premeditated they know the grades shall fall<br><br>It’s enough to muffle screams of tuft ridge bones<br>Just the touch of sharp flinching bledlows <br>Guarding the portcullis cutlass in hand.. <br><br>.<br>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:56 am 

ONE GOOD LIFE<br><br>As i get older and remember my thoughts,<br>I'll think of the things i never forgot.<br>All the things that brought me pleasure,<br>My thoughts alone are my only treasure.<br>A world in my head that is only mine,<br>Even the thought of it is simply devine.<br>Both happy and sad they are all there,<br>Though now i look back not needing to care.<br>They are all mine, for now and forever,<br>And no one can take them not now, not ever.<br>Into this world i often escape,<br>Always different as i mould, as i shape.<br><br>A parrallel world ruled by me,<br>Where others may look but cannot see.<br>I have no concern for others' thoughts,<br>Someone else's...i need not.<br>When inside here i am so free,<br>In awe of a world exlcusive to me.<br>Even the thought of it makes me warm inside,<br>And nothing can touch it...not time...not tide

Solipsism Soundcloud
Solipsism Shitface

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:22 am 

Technological Advancement<br><br>Mourn did the people at the earth's wake,<br>As nothing was left for the people to take.<br>Sad was the priest who carried it out,<br>With his flock not knowing what this was about.<br>Some did cry though few with feeling,<br>It was just too late for praying and kneeling.<br>Where was the future and what did it hold,<br>Was it this barren landscape, unyielding so cold.<br>People recoiled on seeing their thoughts,<br>But they tried to buy something that couldn't be bought.<br>A world in mourning for their only true friend,<br>A true friend to oblivion this people did send.

Solipsism Soundcloud
Solipsism Shitface

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:47 am 

Under the Rose <br><br><br> <br>The Song of the Wanderer<br><br><br> <br>Nobody, nobody told me<br>What nobody, nobody knows<br>But now I know where the rainbow ends<br>I know where there grows<br>A Tree, that's called the Tree of Life<br>I know where there flows<br>The River of All-Forgottenness<br>And where the lotus blows,<br>And I - I've trodden the forest, where<br>In flames of gold and rose,<br>To burn and then arise again,<br>The Phoenix goes. <br><br>Nobody, nobody told me<br>What nobody, nobody knows:<br>Hide thy face in a veil of light<br>Put on thy silver shoes<br>Thou art the Stranger I know best,<br>Thou art the sweet heart, who<br>Came from the land between Wake and Dream<br>Cold with morning dew.<br><br>Walter De La Mare<br> <br>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:05 am 

[quote author=blackboxrecovery link=board=legends;num=1062078159;start=15#27 date=08/31/03 at 15:51:27]I haven’t got any funny poems on this PC but I have my uh serious ones <br><br>This one is about conjoined tumours <br><br>Teratoma Removal   <br><br>Star lit stagnant charnel pit <br>Lacquered limbs promoted slave driven whips <br>Soot drenched remnants over layered rope burn thirst <br>Recently exhumed renewal of life <br>Hanging from thread worn silver defected line<br>Wrapped inside magenta tumor safety pods<br><br>Teratoma late transcript informer <br>Hypochondriac hypo cordite hermaphrodite<br>Frailer by the day torque tourniquet cold crusade <br>Treat dexterous unwanted cyst with surgical knives<br><br>Torque armadas Spanish inquisition perfect cross fade transposition <br>Premeditated murder medicated driven forth to euthanasia<br>Anesthetized with subtle hidden lines Homosapiens alkaline <br>Dot the eyes and crossed to tears separate the souvenir    <br>Reputed to be the cause of seminal Golgotha gargoyle crucifixions <br><br>Teratoma placated e numbers<br>Nutrition free from rosette czar roulettes <br><br>Moon lit martyrs  <br><br>Le mort le interloper freelance funhouse fawn promoter<br>Brass shekel armor admires the surcease choirs <br>Moonless cold discordant decomposed sonatas <br>Walk a custom tight rope built for stereo type wrote<br>isotopes <br>Between the dreamscape and poppy flecked martyrdom<br>lysergic nightmares  <br>From this focal point disjoin disjoints that<br>orienteering map from a to b<br>Legacy cross harmonies of Trojan similarities <br>Cremated seminars cinema overlays <br>Fortified in draw-less monosodium mausoleum <br>Open up a drawer step right into this shrine to<br>minimalism fantasy<br><br><br>Here’s one about big brother ><br><br>Anesthetized Nation <br><br>Marsupials scurrying worrying hurrying  <br>Carrying out pouting pouched coward tribunals <br>Burying to sacrifice one good deed for another <br>Dig deeper tunnel under <br>Vent forth this ones envious anger<br>It’s a musical note freeze dried in cancer troop defoliators<br>Facilitate and calibrate this machine of wisdom<br>The generals sit on the side lines<br>Yelling orders to the blind one more KIA one more MIA<br>And so on so forth <br>You’ll incarcerate all my souls in cars sedate all these morals<br>You’ll clamp down on all the foes until the wisdom shines through <br>Like a subdued blazoned joint stitch physique     <br>Increasingly paralyzed isolated with each linear stride you take <br>Truly indigenous to this area fringe cropped bad news bearers <br>Bring forth the ultimate tabloid triviality wild fire spread controversy <br>Set it up for nationwide mockery <br>Eye stalks perched on the gentle suede sofa lakes <br>Watching each other watch others they in turn watch others in their wake<br>Irony<br><br>and here’s my latest song <br><br><br>Morbid Mobius Strip revised<br><br>Verse 1<br><br>Tarsiers awaken picture me dictated<br>Aloud asleep under water in twilight sedated<br>Drowning scenes vulnerable sets the theme<br>Overture : to extended endings overblown<br><br>A Broken canopy bullet riddled with holes<br>Struck and blinded self secured<br>Their is no reason for the visuals <br>Drawn out by AURAL FORCE<br><br>---riff---<br><br>Tendrils beneath the synthesis tides of chloride <br>The junction in the infants fate divide<br>Inverted his own mariner grave <br>In watery silent waves <br>Sleeping -----dreaming-<br><br>Verse 2<br><br>Perseids, Pegasids Southern delta-Aquarids<br>With shrill quiet screams in centigrade <br>Defile the relief common sense in shades <br>I stepped on several beliefs felt the icy gazes of..<br><br>Sickle and hammer flit through turn coat shadows<br>Marsupial nebula pocket pouch cowards <br>If epilogue ending could write it’s self..<br>What is this aneurysm that you speak of?<br><br>It pulled him down to depths of terror tiles <br>Lacerated the open score ended, Isolated <br>Premeditated they know the grades shall fall<br><br>It’s enough to muffle screams of tuft ridge bones<br>Just the touch of sharp flinching bledlows <br>Guarding the portcullis cutlass in hand.. <br><br>.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Speaking of Torquemada here is a little holiday ditty that is another of my favorites:<br><br>You better not pout, you better not cry<br>You better not shout, I'm telling you why:<br>Torquemada's comming to town!<br><br>He's making a list and checking it twice,<br>gonna find out who's naughty or nice<br>Torquemada's coming to town!<br><br>He sees you when you're sleeping,<br>He knows when your awake,<br>He knows if you been bad or good,<br>So be good for goodness sake!<br><br>Oh, you better not shout, You better not cry,<br>You better not shout, I'm telling you why:<br>TORQUEMADA'S COMING TO TOWN!!<br><br>Put's a whole new twist to Xmas. :D 8)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:49 am 

a poem for uncle bernie...<br><br>gather all your northen cheeses,<br>test them all with gentle squeezes,<br>cast them lightly on the air,<br>and watch them land in someones hair.<br><br>an english autumn poem from k8 xx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:00 pm 

this is one from my bloke.<br><br>ode to grillettes (english burger type food )<br><br>we are forever eating grillettes,<br>coz grillettes are something to eat,<br>we are forever eating grillettes,<br>the kids think of them as a treat,<br>we are forever eating grillettes,<br>the lable suggests they're meat,<br>but if you've ever read of,<br>what grillettes are made of,<br>its lungs, gizzards, balls, eyes and feet.<br><br>thank you and good night

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:07 pm 

Beans, beans: <br>They're good for your heart. <br>The more you eat, <br>the more you fart. <br>The more you fart, <br>the better you feel. <br>Now you're ready<br>for another meal.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:12 pm 

on yonder hill there stands a coo<br>if shes no there shes awaa the noo<br><br>that clown from dundee<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:19 am 

[quote author=boo_its_k8 link=board=legends;num=1062078159;start=30#32 date=09/03/03 at 14:49:55]a poem for uncle bernie...<br><br>gather all your northen cheeses,<br>test them all with gentle squeezes,<br>cast them lightly on the air,<br>and watch them land in someones hair.<br><br>an english autumn poem from k8 xx[/quote]<br>Why, thank you k8ee. It's so poignant, yet strangely haunting. BTW, what are northern cheeses like with vegemite, on crackers?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:29 am 

MILK FOR THE DUCK<br><br>ZAP!<br>Unlaid / 20 days<br><br>my sexual image<br>isn't worth a shit.<br><br>If I were dead<br>I couldn't attract<br>a female fly.<br><br>------<br><br> The Memoirs of Jessie James<br><br>I remember all those thousands of hours<br>I spent in grade school watching the clock<br>waiting for recess or lunch or to go home.<br>Waiting: for anything but school.<br>My teachers could easily have ridden with Jessie James<br>for all the time they stole from me.<br><br><br>Richard Brautigan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:32 pm 

[quote author=Uncle Bernie link=board=legends;num=1062078159;start=30#37 date=09/04/03 at 03:19:15]<br>Why, thank you k8ee. It's so poignant, yet strangely haunting. BTW, what are northern cheeses like with vegemite, on crackers?[/quote]<br><br>why thank you kind sir. i believe northern cheeses would be a fine dish searved alongside vegimite & crackers. also with fish sticks, tomatoes, and all manner of other foodstuffs,         k8 xx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:44 pm 

jerky the biscuit<br><br>jerky the biscuit wont love me no longer<br>jerky the biscuit wont love me no more<br>gone are the times when i sat there and wondered <br>why old jerky and me would just roll on the floor<br>instead hours of talking bout serious cases<br>like the drag of these times and all social disgraces<br>well that wasnt quite the thing for that mister and me<br>and i always have said i dont want it to be.<br><br>would have offered some round trip to vega and mars<br>or maybe the dungeon instead of  them stars<br>what choice it would have been<br>it could have been nice<br>but i guess someone must have been giving advice<br>not to mix up with weirdos from far distant land<br>no big deal, mr. jerky, i do understand<br><br>i do now have the favor to recall these old scenes<br>of wreckage of rooms and some good nasty dreams<br>while the dancehalls deserted and no band is to play<br>there is nothing and nothing and nothing to say<br>but farewell and some blessing<br>and one for the road<br>when theres no need to argue ones just gotta go.<br><br>all the love in the world to ya, mister,<br>wherever you are. absolutely no regrets.<br><br>- side note: any similarities with real and existing people are ab-so-lu-te-ly coincidental. <br>and its got nothing to do with louis the turkey anyway.<br><br>wowie zowie!<br><br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:32 pm 

i stare at mars, he stares at me<br>what i do think , he cannot see<br>what he does know i do not care<br>we both stand there, and bloody stare<br><br>munog<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:36 am 

<br>time for another silly countrysong: <br><br>so it was seven big fat bums a-sitting in a row<br>when number one said to his mate<br>"you brother have to go,<br>to bring the booze and pay the rent, you big fat bum are heaven sent".<br><br>man, thats bad......i am proud, i think i cannot do any worse.<br><br>wowie!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:28 pm 

Image<br><br>Arrives like an ocean squall,<br>Blackest of thoughts,<br>Nursing a burning desire,<br>To rip, maim, disgorge,<br>Punish , self exorcise,<br><br>Seeking santuary,<br>Behind mental cruelty<br>Orgasmic joy for<br>Your victims pain,<br><br>Being Calmed by<br>Desired retribution,<br>Rapid descent into,<br><br>The internal despair,<br>For succumbing to,<br><br>Your RAGE within.<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:11 pm 

strange things<br><br>strange.. how things happen to you ..<br>a moment you are happy  the next you feel sad..<br>a moment you feel elated another you feel bad..<br>sometimes you feel nothing..its like empty space..<br>but another day you feel ready to face..<br>the life with its ups and downs..<br>to see its colours and hear its sounds..<br>to pull yourself together and start altogether..<br>to know you do good and can certainly do better.. <br>and one day it will look that all this wasn't true..<br>strange things.. <br>when you stepped out of your home..<br>you ready and clear..<br>what you wanted..defeat was your fear..<br>but you had the spirit..to start things new..<br>you knew you had hurdles..<br>but soon as you reached.. where to go..<br>you find fate against..and you had to bow..<br>and let despair heap on your lonely spirit..<br>but you forgot that you nearly did it..<br>why does this happen to me.. you don't have a clue..<br>strange  things happend to you..<br><br>you feel there's  a reason for you to meet approval..<br>for you have found someone close and dear..<br>you whereabout see a remote happy future ..<br>and dreams of happiness in your heart..<br>and one day without reason you begin to feel..<br>you don't want it anymore and you have lost the ardour..<br>how you searched in vanity and when you got..<br>you now want to ride off of what you had sought..<br>check it out and started new..<br>strange things happend to you..<br><br>what happens now is unknown and doubtful..<br>this moment you feel sick and next you are healed..<br>you don't know what assured you want ..<br>you can not decree the things you dont.. <br>you lie down and let things to be do..<br>you clinch to act when the time is seasond..<br>but you get something what you didn't expect.. <br>and you can do nothing just accept..<br>so you get what is to do..<br>strange things happend to you..<br><br>spider

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:38 am 

A fool's prayer
There's a pleasure, sure, in being mad, which none but madmen know.

Oh Moon, mother of lunatics, hear my prayer,
Make me as mad as the Mad March Hare
Lend me the grin of the Cheshire Cat
and the grace to wear a runcible hat
Please let me live my horoscope
and eat some homeopathic soap
Drop pennies into wishing wells
and feed zoo lions peanut shells
Preach peace to Christian folk and tell 'em
Si vis pacem, para bellum!
Make me the head of a brand new sect:
Old Uncle Alfred's few elect.
Make me, Mother, a schizophrene
with no more brain than a soup tureen
Not an ape or some other dear creature of sense
But a jolly old Homo Sapiens

-John O'Mill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:53 am 

Alternate lyrics to "Kick out the Jams" by the MC5
As performed by my band Rare Goat

Well I'm gonna rock the stink outta my socks
And I'm movin'
Well we got the juice, put your balls in a noose
So get groovin'
We're the long hard band you can hold in your hand
Shake us Shake us Shake us up all over the land
We got a message to send
When we Kick out the Jams, yeah
Kick out the Jams, we gonna Kick out the Jams

We roll into town, ain't no messin' around
So get rockin'
Plug in our amps and we fill up our pants
With the music
Put our shit through the speakers and into the sky
Bouncin' off the planets, then we're gonna try
To rock you again
Kick out the Jams, WOWWWWWW!!!

(shitty guitar solo)
(mysterious soft>loud portion follows)

Now we're all done and we wipe off the gun
Leave you shakin'
Turn off our amps and we load up the van
Gonna make it
Rock and roll playin' is a hard-ass job
As we drive away, you cry and you sob
But we'll be back here again
Kick out the Jams, we gonna Kick out the Jams

-Feets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:59 am 

Here's a short three parter that I worked on for around five minutes at the most.

I

And in the afternoon,
I like to sit and watch my neighbours have sex,
Through the hole in my wall,
The whole of it all.

II

Witches are afraid of chupacabras,
Like a picnic bench with a kid pissing on it,
I must stress the bench is demon posessed,
When it spins round and splinters the kid falls off and hurts his back,
Now he's 52 and he has a problem.

III

I don't read the news,
Because the fun just never ends,
Someone killed some Jews,
Someone got the bends,
And all the fatastic trends,
New fads,
A new dad,
And a slipshod recount of the stocks you took last week,
Reveal the knife in your chest and you go to sleep.

And if you thought any of that meant anything then you're an idiot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:06 pm 

Crudblud wrote:
II

Witches are afraid of chupacabras,
Like a picnic bench with a kid pissing on it,
I must stress the bench is demon posessed,
When it spins round and splinters the kid falls off and hurts his back,
Now he's 52 and he has a problem.

Not bad, Danno!
Thanks to this, I learned what a chupacabra was. Thanks wikipedia!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:51 pm 

A poem I wrote for my children that eventually ended up in a song.

Reflection

When you've made the same mistakes that I have made
Will you learn what I have learned?

When you try to change the world as I have tried
Will you change as I have changed?

When you find the pain of love as I have found
Will you lose what I have lost?

When you know it's not what was but what is now
Will you yearn for what will be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:57 pm 

Ancient Music

Winter is icummen in,
Lhude sing Goddamm.
Raineth drop and staineth slop,
And how the wind doth ramm!
Sing: Goddamm.

Skiddeth bus and sloppeth us,
An ague hath my ham.
Freezeth river, turneth liver,
Damn you, sing: Goddamm.

Goddamm, Goddamm, 'tis why I am, Goddamm,
So 'gainst the winter's balm.

Sing goddamm, damm, sing Goddamm.
Sing goddamm, sing goddamm, DAMM.

Ezra Pound

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next