Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Rummy Up
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:49 am 

I'm just thinking that Patriotism, for some, is like Drugs and Booze. As Frank put it it 'gives them a licence to act like assholes'. Couldn't help but see the ressemblance.<br><br>Frank said so many catching phrases...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:03 pm 

patriotism is a ......... cigar called hamlet<br><br>dung <br>dung dung dung dung dung dung dung dung dung <br>dung dung dung dung dung etc...<br><br>( dunged to the tune of air on a g string )<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:14 pm 

Image<br>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:14 am 

Image<br>                      <br>                 I know<br>There are voices in my head.<br>There are voices I can hear.<br>There are voices I know I can hear.<br>I also know<br>There are voices I cannot hear.<br>That is to say<br>I know there are some voices saying things<br>I cannot hear.<br>But there are also voices unspoken,<br>The ones that are not speaking<br>I know I cannot hear.<br><br><br>

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:29 am 

[quote author=N/A link=board=legends;num=1058114476;start=0#10 date=][/quote]<br>heh ;D

Solipsism Facebook
Solipsism Spotify

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:16 pm 

Ohhh, that's golden!<br>I knew that picture existed, but I never thought I'd see it. I think that was to complete a 10 million dollar weapons deal so he could go kill Iranians.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:46 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:04 pm 

Image<br><br>Image<br><br>How ironic!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:49 pm 

[center]A Brief History[/center]<br><br> [sub] The name Donald Rumsfeld is almost a synonym for the military-industrial complex. This is a man who dedicated much of his adult life to the twin objectives of building up U.S. military power and lining the pockets of America's defense contractors.<br>  After serving several terms in the House in the 1960s, Rumsfeld went to work for the Nixon White House. He spent plenty of evenings in the Oval Office, drinking scotch and shooting the breeze with the boss--which meant that his toadying was caught on Nixon's White House tapes. In one memorable exchange, Rumsfeld voiced his approval as Nixon went on an incoherent racist rant about the difference between Africans and Black Americans.<br>  Under Gerald Ford, Rumsfeld served as White House chief of staff and later as defense secretary. Taking over the Pentagon in the aftermath of the U.S. defeat in Vietnam, he made it his mission to pull the demoralized military establishment back together again. His prescription? Rattle sabers and spend lots of money.<br>  Rumsfeld took a hard line in the Cold War against the former USSR. He engineered the collapse of the SALT II arms control treaty by getting Ford and the Pentagon brass to withdraw support from Secretary of State Henry Kissinger even as the good doctor was at the negotiating table in Moscow.<br>  Rumsfeld never met a weapons system he didn't like--and the higher the price tag, the greater his enthusiasm. He paved the way for some of the Pentagon's most expensive boondoggles--for example, the B-1 bomber, which proved so unreliable that the Air Force didn't dare send it into combat during the Gulf War against Saddam Hussein's formidable air defense system.<br>  When the Democrats took over the White House in 1977, Rumsfeld migrated to the corporate boardroom, heading the *SPAM* giant G.D. Searle and later the technology firm General Instrument. He was a ruthless job killer, laying off more than 30 percent of the workforce at both companies. <br>  All the while, Rumsfeld kept his military connections, sitting on numerous Washington commissions. Rumsfeld's latest cause is the Star Wars missile-defense system. He led a 1998 panel that discovered--in contrast to nearly all military experts--that the U.S. desperately needed a Star Wars system to defend itself from missile attack by "rogue nations" such as China and North Korea. <br>  Now Rumsfeld is regularly babbling about the need for the U.S. to be able to wage war in outer space. "Rummy's gone a little fruity over the past few years," a Congressional staffer told CounterPunch magazine. "Some have taken to calling him the Star Child, after the demonic figure at the end of Kubrick's film 2001. First, he comes out full bore for a new $60 billion edition of Star Wars, pointing the finger at the supposed missile threat from North Korea and Iran--two countries that can barely keep their traffic lights working. Now he's back obsessing on killer satellites, space lasers and using nukes against runaway asteroids."<br><br>  Alan Maass    [/sub]<br><br><br>   <br>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:16 pm 

How can you get rid of him ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:39 pm 

Image<br><br>  ...th answer to that ,my friend,..lies in th hands of th American Public...<br><br> Myself , i pin my hopes on them (Americans),seeing thru th Bush smokescreen and voting them outta office!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:09 pm 

Let me rephrase that...<br><br><br>How can you get rid of him if he seems to bounce back from one presidency to another, be it democrat or republican ?<br><br>Same thing for Cheney !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:40 pm 

It's th proverbial ''rock and a hard place''' syndrome<br>This situation has been mounting for some time ,better part of th century .<br> It's sad to think that only now people are pulling their heads outta th sand , only to find someone has snuck up behind them and dicked them bad<br> It smells like fish,and reeks of conspiracy..<br>  People power has been eroded to such a state, that there is no unity ,everyone agrees to disagree.<br>  And with yer diebold voting system !...well I'm afraid ...WE"RE ALL DOOMED''  :(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:46 pm 

[quote author=stride link=board=legends;num=1058114476;start=15#18 date=01/12/04 at 00:40:20] well I'm afraid ...WE"RE ALL DOOMED''  :([/quote]<br><br>Sounds familiar to me...  :P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:05 am 

<br>  It seems there are 4 things that smell like fish ?<br><br> If 9/11 was a culmination of the ''darker'' power's at play to gell th American public into abandoning their constitution to serve th bigger part of the picture,..that being a New World Order,..then these are dangerous times indeed<br> As much as i wanna believe in what th general media want us to believe,..my gut tells me otherwise..<br> <br> <br>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:48 am 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=legends;num=1058114476;start=15#17 date=01/12/04 at 00:24:02]<br>We're trying, my friend. Problem is, we need someone else to vote for: you know, someone who's not a member of the Three Stooges....<br>[/quote]<br>We've had the same problem here, in trying to find an alternative to the ultra right John Howard. His opponent for the past couple of years has been as popular as a turd in a swimming pool. But there is hope. This ineffective opposition leader has just been replaced by a fearless young turk (Mark Latham) who, last year, castigated the Prime Minister for his gung ho stance on the Iraq war. He got up in public and called Howard an "arse-licker" and his fellow party members as "a conga line of suck-holes".<br><br>I love that kinda talk.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:53 am 

lick that talk do ya bernie ?  lick that question !<br><br>well, you just know i will be able to supply all that kinda talk on tap for ya anytime - just gimme the word.<br><br>YOU guys invented wine in a box - now its my turn - crap in a box.  <br><br>thanks for the pic stride - it will be my new avatar when the time is right.<br><br>i have no point here btw - just a quick lunch break post !<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:43 am 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=legends;num=1058114476;start=15#23 date=01/12/04 at 05:53:05]lick that talk do ya bernie ?  lick that question !<br><br>well, you just know i will be able to supply all that kinda talk on tap for ya anytime - just gimme the word.<br><br>YOU guys invented wine in a box - now its my turn - crap in a box.  <br><br>thanks for the pic stride - it will be my new avatar when the time is right.<br><br>i have no point here btw - just a quick lunch break post !<br><br>mungo[/quote]<br><br>the Wine Box  was a big inquirey here into shadey bizznes among th corporate elite ,using th Cook Islands as a staging point for some massive company tax dodges<br><br>  Help y'self to th avatar,..it's still a free country as far as i know..but <br>