Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 16378
Location: LumberTruckWest
Capeditiea wrote:
now imagine, if you will what would the Scrutinizer say in this situation?

"These people are fucked up"

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:13 am
Posts: 43
Location: Some Dimension
Eddie RUKidding wrote:
Keep it greasy so it will do down...................


i think you mean "go down" perhaps?


coevad wrote:
"These people are fucked up"


agree.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 5069
Capeditiea wrote:
What the hell is going on here?

Apparently Spacebrother imagines that everyone who disagrees with Spacebrother is a Trump supporter. SB can't deal with me as a human being. SB needs to make me out to be less than SB before SB can deal with me.

SPACEBROTHER quoted Sean Hannity. I did not and could not quote Sean Hannity because I have never listened to a word Sean Hannity has said. Hannity probably said, "it's a nice day" once or twice in his life. So have I. I didn't get it from him. I don't listen to political talk radio. Or is he on tv? I have no fucking idea.

If I was the song Jewish Princess, SPACEBROTHER would be the Jewish Anti Defamation League. (SB will call me an anti- semite now. because of this parenthetical comment)


Another old and worn tactic is to try to put the innocent person on the defensive. This is what SB is attempting when he smears me and dwells on some joke I made. (Now SB will say it wasn't a joke and claim that I'm lying)


_______
Democrats=Republicans=Status Quo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:13 am
Posts: 43
Location: Some Dimension
so in other words... i should be careful not to joke with Spacebrother other wise i could end up on Spacebrother's list of evil people that are "Middle Aged White Christian Straight Men that are most likely Homophobes?" or MAWCSMTAMLH for short... oddly enough... i support the LGBT+ community... but i fear them just as much... not because they are gay or what not... but because they could potentially shove their views down my throat... also i am an occultist. I have no gender... *nods, so really it would be a false accusation. :D except maybe the homophobe part... depending on how you look at it... :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 7770
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Clearly, this is what dm said...

downer mydnyte wrote:
...eventually it will be okay to persecute hetero white males for being hetero white males.



...his fear of being persecuted is self-explanatory. He and jpf labeled themselves. Racism and homophobia are directly linkrd to mental illenss....ironically...

...this is totally jaypfunk a/k/a ChestPainProds....

Homophobia, Conservatism and Racism Are Linked To Low IQ and Mental Illness, Studies Show

Racism has been so much present in areas of our lives that people were considering it as normal and finally nowadays we are new to discover the depth of the problem. Most of our society, however, is full of hate against someone outside of their racial group. The same is the case for homophobic people. Many people, especially teenagers, because of their different sexual orientation, they are not being accepted by their family and surroundings and consequently, they harm themselves or commit suicide. Just because of the lack of open-mindedness and ignorance of certain people, we are being the cause of why people with different sexual orientation and racial backgrounds are having psychological problems or end their lives. In this article, we are going to show the proofs that the problem is not having a different race or sexual orientation but juding and being against them are the real problems. At the same time, we are going to show you the shreds of evidence that conservatism is connected to low IQ, whereas liberalism is linked to higher intelligence and their connection with certain mental illnesses.

Racism, Conservatism, and Homophobia are linked to low IQ:

Hodson and Busseri (2012) concluded in a correlational study published in Psychological Science that people who score low on General Intelligence tests are more likely to develop greater prejudiced, racist beliefs and socially conservative politics in adulthood. The study was done on 15,874 kids. Kids who were tested with low IQ were more likely to obtain racist and conservative attitudes. Similarly, higher intelligence in childhood has been shown to predict less racism in adulthood. They also found that poor abstract reasoning skills were linked to homophobic attitudes. These support the idea that low intelligence brings up poor mental skills and especially ‘less effort thinking’ in which as a result children tend to show right-wing attitudes.

Another study was done on 1254 community college students and 1600 foreign students seeking entry to United States’ universities, this study too, especially agrees that Conservatism and cognitive ability are negatively correlated.


The studies above were done through longitudinal research that is one of the strongest evidence. For example, Hodson and Busseri looked at general intelligence in 10- and 11-year-old kids, and then re-studied those kids as adults two decades later—and finally found a clear connection between low intelligence and further racist, homophobic and gravitation towards conservative ideologies.

But does this mean all liberals are a genius, and conservatives are stupid? Of course not.

First of all, these studies were done on general intelligence tests, that there is still debate over its accuracy among psychologists as well as scientists. Secondly, these studies and those before it suggests is not necessarily that all liberals are geniuses and all conservatives are ignorant. Rather, it makes conclusions based on averages of groups. Because of course there are exceptions, you may know a racist whom you would consider as brilliant in cognitive functioning; Adolf Hitler, too, is believed to have an IQ between 140 to 150. However, if we speak in general or in average, the answer would be yes; racist, homophobic, conservative people are performing low on cognitive capacity.

Racism, Conservatism, and Homophobia can be a sign of mental illness:

The debate over racism, conservatism, and homophobia can continue to mental illness. According to The American Psychiatric Association, extreme racism can be a delusional symptom of psychotic disorders. So could another study support the idea that homophobia is associated with mental disorders, or, at least is a psychological symptom of certain mentail illnesses such as depression, psychoticism, attachment problems etc.

http://dreamhumanity.com/2017/06/homoph ... dies-show/


...like I said....self-explanatory....

ChestPainsProds wrote:
2 retards. Get a room and go fuck each other.


There's your mental disorder right there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 5069
Richard Meltzer again:
"I basically haven't watched TV news since 1980, or about the time Jimmy Carter reinvented the cold war, table setting the Reagan years. The fraudulence of this prick's daily TV performance, the sick macho gesture of an Annapolis wuss who'd used coverage of Three Mile Island (him in a spacesuit) to prime the pump. This to me was what the Cuban missile crisis had been to others...never again.
My decision wasn't driven by escapism-an attempt to avoid knowing "what was going on." I simply no longer wanted any part of Master Control's by the numbers show and tell."


_________
The manipulation of the mass media has created a concentration camp for our minds


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:13 am
Posts: 43
Location: Some Dimension
downer mydnyte wrote:
Richard Meltzer again:
"I basically haven't watched TV news since 1980, or about the time Jimmy Carter reinvented the cold war, table setting the Reagan years. The fraudulence of this prick's daily TV performance, the sick macho gesture of an Annapolis wuss who'd used coverage of Three Mile Island (him in a spacesuit) to prime the pump. This to me was what the Cuban missile crisis had been to others...never again.
My decision wasn't driven by escapism-an attempt to avoid knowing "what was going on." I simply no longer wanted any part of Master Control's by the numbers show and tell."


_________
The manipulation of the mass media has created a concentration camp for our minds




*nods, i think in a similar way. it surely has helped my composing creativity as well. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 5069
Capeditiea wrote:
I think in a similar way. it surely has helped my composing creativity as well.

Right on.

This thread needed some affirmation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 6713
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Capeditiea wrote:
... but i fear them just as much... not because they are gay or what not... but because they could potentially shove their views down my throat...
Why the fuck would they shove their views down your throat any more than you would shove your views down their throats?

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 6713
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Mij wrote:
Why do I have the feeling, that when you don't really know what to say, you pick up a book and
extract the first sentences that seems a bit philosophical ?
Because it's relevant! Duh!

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 4910
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
I don't think so.
:P

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed !
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:13 am
Posts: 43
Location: Some Dimension
polydigm wrote:
Capeditiea wrote:
... but i fear them just as much... not because they are gay or what not... but because they could potentially shove their views down my throat...
Why the fuck would they shove their views down your throat any more than you would shove your views down their throats?



wait... i have views? :O i am simply a stoic discordian... my only views are to cause humour... and i don't see the evil in that...

i mean some folk do find strange things quite funny... like cats eating humans alive where they go AHHHHHHHH! but as blood comes out fart noises occur...

would you find that funny? i figured as much.

secondly, there are people known as thuds. Are you one? or are you an insane person like me? :O either way i can never tell when folk are being friendly or mean...

so i go with the friendly aspect...

here, take this... *grabs a cat. :D cats are cute are they not?

But now to shove my non-existant views down one's throat... *grabs the vaccuum cleaner. are you ready?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 6713
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
@ Capeditiea: Do you not understand my point? You fear them because they might force their opinions on you. Why would being gay make them any more likely to behave in a fearsome manner than you?

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 6713
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Mij wrote:
I don't think so.
He's not just randomly quoting something as a diversion, he's quoting something that he clearly understands and is bolstering the point he's trying to make. What do you think William Burroughs is saying in that quote?

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 4910
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
I mean we could find lots of books on lots of point of wiews.
I'm not against quoting from time to time but he does it a lot .
His own words have more weight IMHO.
8)

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed !
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 32966
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
"A rose, by any other name..."

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 6713
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Mij wrote:
I mean we could find lots of books on lots of point of wiews.
I'm not against quoting from time to time but he does it a lot .
His own words have more weight IMHO.
8)
Isaac Newton: "The reason I've seen so far is because I've stood on the shoulders of giants." Putting things in your own words doesn't take away from the fact that the majority of your knowledge comes from those who have gone before you.

In large part, the current malaise of the human race, IMNSHO, is its propensity to repeat history. Paying a little more attention to history books and a little less on faux originality might avoid some of that.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 5069
polydigm wrote:
@ Capeditiea: Do you not understand my point? You fear them because they might force their opinions on you. Why would being gay make them any more likely to behave in a fearsome manner than you?

I understand your point. It's an excellent point. I would have made the same point had I noticed Cape's comment. I don't go around separating people into gay, hetero or bi groups because these words don't tell you anything about a person other than indicating their sexual preference. And that's none of my business. People are people. All of these categories and labels are used in malicious ways to keep people fighting. [See: SB's posts]

Technically the only difference between heterosexual and homosexual is in sexual behavior. To claim that homosexuals try to force their views on others more than heterosexuals is absurd. And what of all the bisexuals in between? You have to deal with each person as an individual. Not lumped in to some group as a member of a race or gender, or by their sexual preference, or by whatever corporate demographic they supposedly fit into.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 4910
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
polydigm wrote:
Mij wrote:
I mean we could find lots of books on lots of point of wiews.
I'm not against quoting from time to time but he does it a lot .
His own words have more weight IMHO.
8)
Isaac Newton: "The reason I've seen so far is because I've stood on the shoulders of giants." Putting things in your own words doesn't take away from the fact that the majority of your knowledge comes from those who have gone before you.

In large part, the current malaise of the human race, IMNSHO, is its propensity to repeat history. Paying a little more attention to history books and a little less on faux originality might avoid some of that.

Your point is solid and valid, up to a certain point I dare to think.
You have to become yourself and let go a bit.
Doesn't mean you have to stop acquiring knowledge from those Giants.
It helps in learning to walk but the steps are yours only.
:smoke:

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed !
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 7770
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
downer mydnyte wrote:
Capeditiea wrote:
I think in a similar way. it surely has helped my composing creativity as well.

Right on.

This thread needed some affirmation.



Affirmation of your bigotry?...

downer mydnyte wrote:
...eventually it will be okay to persecute hetero white males for being hetero white males.


....Afffirmative. You said it...you own it.

The fact that you worry so much about posts critical of Trump also speaks volumes for itself.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 5069
It seems that Cape was probably trying to deceive me. I take back the affirmation.

Thanks, Polydigm.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:13 am
Posts: 43
Location: Some Dimension
:O i am a bigot now? :O

http://www.capeditiea.zenseiderz.org/inpho.html


...odd for y'all to think that...

*nods, perhaps find out who someone is before calling folk something?

i did understand your point. (the fact of the matter is you failed to understand mine.)

Sigh... i have such a disdain for non-thinking humans.
Regardless of their views.

I am probably the most open minded one here...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:13 am
Posts: 43
Location: Some Dimension
but to explain to the ones who failled to see my point...

which i am suspicious of in the first place on their IQ... hmmmm

i am a homophobe, because for those who were intelligent enough to click the link that which states my official site... (pretty colours.) :D they would clearly tell the way i am. Now i am not against homosexuals, nor am i against bigotry. the fact of the manner is, in order to have peace we would have to clearly find a happy median with the two.

:O o my i am a peace keeper now... quick everyone drink your kool-aid fast, chug chug chug.

the reason i fear homosexuals is the specific quality that they them selves (in my personal experiences) have bigotry styles of life as well. (which in all essence is what scares me.) I do love experiencing gay sex in this current body... which is why i chose this body. :D to experience things only humans can experience. But it seems i have apotheosed into a strange time, where folk are all bigots regardless of where you look...

now, do you understand my point? :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7174
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Capeditiea wrote:
I am probably the most open minded one here...


And the most modest, too. :wink:

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:13 am
Posts: 43
Location: Some Dimension
Caputh wrote:
Capeditiea wrote:
I am probably the most open minded one here...


And the most modest, too. :wink:


*nods, i am certain.... *suspicious eyes towards everyone...
that i could be more modest than most... yet... i am too flamboyant to do such a thing.

o my, i never have seen such a bunch of hoodlems in a forum in my life.

*magickally summons a lynch mob...

NOW DANCE ALL OF YOU!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group