Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 5188
Open letter to SPACEBROTHER (and all those who might log in under his name)

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Oh, your a homophobe.

Calling someone a homophobe for no reason, inaccurately, is as bad as making derogatory remarks about homosexuals. Maybe I'm gay. How the fuck would you know? Gay men are not all alike.

I live in Portland, Oregon. By choice. I moved here a long time ago. It's one of the most "liberal" cities in the world. It's a haven for LGBTs. Do your homework.

Racism and homophobia are not much of an option where I live. I don't know anyone who would put up with it. We're all living on top of each other. How many different colors of skin can you count on your block? Racism and homophobia don't have much time to exist in my world because I don't allow it.

People do not become who they are due to the color of their skin or sexual orientation. People are who they are mostly due to their environment.
Look at you:
Your state is red.
You can't influence your neighbors.
You can't create change in your own community.
You lack the ambition/courage to extricate yourself from your red state.
You call people terribly inaccurate names.
You use Frank Zappa's board to paste hate-mongering political propaganda.

I don't need to vote in a presidential election to influence the vote. Voting is a cop out if it is not followed by actions. I don't mean "activism", I mean personal actions in day to day life. I grew up around organic farmers and pioneers of alternative lifestyles. People who walk it like they talk it. People who were ridiculed until the rest of the world caught on. Then they were exalted. I'm not gonna sit here and count the gay and bisexual people who are in my life. Or those of different race. You might be perceived as a liberal in your red state but you're a phony creep in my circles. A spreader of hate.

It's never too late to change.

Sincerely,
Downer Mydnyte


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 7812
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
You neglected to quote yourself...

downer mydnyte wrote:
...eventually it will be okay to persecute hetero white males for being hetero white males.


Yep, homophobe alright...who attacks girls from the forum. Remember when you did that?

See, it's ALL about YOU. Get over yourself. Your ego has has grown too big for itself.

You must be proud of yourself that your boy Donnie" just started WWIII. Chump.


edit:

Racist too. You're paranoia of being persecuted for being a straight white male isn't unlike the chants from the punks in Charlottesville yelling "we will not be replaced" before plowing through a crowd of peaceful protesters.. Obviously a Trump supporter.

racist - check
homophobe - check
egotistical - check
hates women in power - check
fear of equality - check

....yep, you pretty much fit all of the criteria. Watching your guy fall must be driving you nuts. haha


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 15124
Location: misanthropia
actually...
according to this quote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Oh, your a homophobe.

he is stating that you own an "a homophobe",
WHICH IS JUST AS BAD AS OWNING A COLORED PERSON!!!




*tosses downer's salad*

_________________
that's what happens when you don't read you loose your link to higher thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 7812
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Corrected it just for you.

"Oh, you're a homophobe too."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 17045
Location: The cosmos at large
downer mydnyte wrote:
Maybe I'm gay.

Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DboJD0N2OO4

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 5417
Location: Over there! (last)
Who's the drama queen that started this thread, anyway? 8)

_________________
Image
Never argue with stupid people; they will drag you
down to their level and then beat you with experience.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:32 am
Posts: 11
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
Maybe I'm gay.

Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DboJD0N2OO4


Oh, turns out that FZ was an homophobe too. What a bastard!

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
MISOGYNIST RACIST HOMOPHOBE CISGENDER CUNT!!!!!!!!


Who are you, spacebro? The brain police?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 7812
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
WWII wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
MISOGYNIST RACIST HOMOPHOBE CISGENDER CUNT!!!!!!!!


Who are you, spacebro? The brain police?


WWII

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:32 am
Posts: 11


When and where exactly did I supposedly post what you quoted, ahem, in your 11th post since joining? Link?...or just DM under another account? Seen this shit before. Nice try asshole. Start a new account just to post a fake quote? You really are desperate for attention. chump

I can honestly say I've never typed the word "cisgender", until just now. Doesn't take too much to do a search....

search.php?keywords=cisgender&terms=all&author=spacebrother&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

...and this is what came up...

"No suitable matches were found."



...of your 11 posts since joining, I see the thread you so far have posted the most fequently in is one about Roy Estrada's pedophilia...if that is a telltale sign. Sicko.


Looks the the forum has another *gasp* Isaac. :P


It's a thread created about me calling people out, so I'm calling you out, and am more than happy to oblige.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 5188
Of course there is racism and homophobia in all the usual places in my city. Cops, the higher ups, the lower downs. I should not have to explain this. However, there is none of that stuff in my immediate space, my face, my view, because as soon as it rears its head I/we shut it down. Somebody might harm or kill me, I could become a victim of racism, but that just means I didn't stand for it. I stood up against it.

Who'll Stop The Rain?

If it's raining and I don't want to get wet I seek shelter from the rain. I don't try to stop the rain. If it's raining and someone else who doesn't want to get wet is getting wet, I offer them shelter. Or we find shelter together. We don't try to stop the rain. You can't stop the rain. So it goes with racism, sexism, homophobia etc. You can't stop it, all you can do is offer shelter.

People who are trying to stop the rain instead of finding shelter from the rain are lazy fools. The rain has always been here. Pretending you can stop it is a cop out. An excuse not to find the shelter. There's no trusting a fool who say's they will stop the rain. Meanwhile we are drowning.

Certain forces of oppression want you to believe that you can stop the rain. Why? Because it keeps you distracted from doing the ACTUAL WORK that needs to be done: The seeking/building of a shelter. The left/right battle is a distraction from reality. The reality is that the left and right both work under the same oppressive boss. It doesn't matter who reads their speeches, it doesn't matter who makes appearances on their behalf.

"Idealists hope justice will prevail according to the Constitution, realists know the fucking bastards will bury us all after a miserable life of subjugation to the great economic power of the middle class, as directed by the ruling class" - Tony Funches


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 6728
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
... blather ...

You are just so full of shit I wouldn't know where to start. You're like one of those computer generated pseudo humans that reacts to questions and comments based on keyword and phrase matches in its database and aside from useful answers to some very specific questions, in a general conversation mostly ends up sounding disconnected. You rant and rave on this forum almost completely at random without any consideration for context and relevance. Maybe you actually are one of those programs. For people who like having - and are used to - conversations where all parties are engaged in both listening and contributing you are just a massive fucking pain in the arse. We all hear your bullshit, but no one's really listening. Fucking hell - you're worse than Isaac - and you're still here goddammit!!

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 5188
Poly,
cheers, my friend.

----
Thank you to everyone who should be thanked.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 17045
Location: The cosmos at large
downer mydnyte wrote:
Poly,
cheers, my friend.

----
Thank you to everyone who should be thanked.

At first glance I thought he was talking about you. But then, why should we care:

At Zappateers, talkig of our beloved ZF being off the air, polydigm wrote:
What's to miss?

_________________
Image


Last edited by Mr_Green_Genes on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 6728
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
Poly,
cheers, my friend.

----
Thank you to everyone who should be thanked.

At first glance I thought he was talking about you. But then, why should we care:

At Zappateers, talkig of our beloved ZF beig off the air, polydigm wrote:
What's to miss?


The bullshit I described above is exactly why I said "What's to miss?" on Zappateers.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 7812
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
polydigm wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
... blather ...

You are just so full of shit I wouldn't know where to start. You're like one of those computer generated pseudo humans that reacts to questions and comments based on keyword and phrase matches in its database and aside from useful answers to some very specific questions, in a general conversation mostly ends up sounding disconnected. You rant and rave on this forum almost completely at random without any consideration for context and relevance. Maybe you actually are one of those programs. For people who like having - and are used to - conversations where all parties are engaged in both listening and contributing you are just a massive fucking pain in the arse. We all hear your bullshit, but no one's really listening. Fucking hell - you're worse than Isaac - and you're still here goddammit!!


You know poly, I've never had a beef with you. Always respected you and your input on the forum. I still do respect you, even if the feeling isn't mutual. You've always seemd like a straight-up guy. Sorry to see you feel this way.

People like downer merely crave attention. This thread confirms that he's a chump. Dishes it out, but can't take it. Takes jabs, then plays the victim. I compare him to Isaac, because this thread reminds me of his mass "thread-creating" meltdowns and tantrums. His last post is a continuation of his tantrum. He can't take people dishing on Trump, and that's his problem. He's merely a disingenuous asshole and nothing more. I speak my mind, but at least I'm being honest about it. Bullshitters will be bullshitters.

Anybody who would express their fears of being "white", "straight" and "persecuted", they might as well just be honest, come out and straight up say what those Charlottesville chumps cried about being replaced. Fricken attention craving crybaby.

At least I keep my more outspoken posts limited to a couple of political related threads. That guys an asshole on almost every thread he posts on.

Oh well. Life goes on.

Again, sorry you feel that way poly. I wish all the best for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 6728
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
@spacebro: I don't necessarily agree with everything DM says. For instance, the analogy above using rain. Human attitudes do change over time and that doesn't happen without pushing for reform. While I agree with the safety in numbers thing, I actually think that's a lazy response - not the other way around. I'm not one to talk - as I largely just do my own thing with friends and family and have shied away from involvement in change - but look at the history of unionism for example. Without the struggles that have taken place throughout the last couple of hundred years - the Tolpuddle Martyrs for instance - there would be no such thing as workers' rights - even though the bastards in charge have dragged the hands of the clock backwards in recent decades.

Anyway, whatever DM is, he's not a racist, he's not a homophobe and he's not a misogynist, although he's prone to getting carried away and getting the wrong end of the stick. It seems to me you just like having people to shout at and most of what you've aimed at DM is misdirected.

And craving attention? Jesus mate, you can talk.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7302
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
I think we all crave attention - otherwise we wouldn't bother to post opinions/views/information for people we have (in most cases) never met.

BTW I don't think you're a homophobe, DM. I think you might be a "phobe", however. But this is just the opinion of somebody who you are unlikely to meet who is probably just looking for some anonymous attention. It should thus have little impact on your further life...

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 6:20 pm
Posts: 661
Speakin' as de Thingfish....."Woah.....what de fuck is guine on here?! Has my potato been bakin' in de sun too long??"

This seems to be going waaay beyond audience comprehension.........

Can everyone just get along? :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 7812
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
polydigm wrote:
@spacebro: I don't necessarily agree with everything DM says. For instance, the analogy above using rain. Human attitudes do change over time and that doesn't happen without pushing for reform. While I agree with the safety in numbers thing, I actually think that's a lazy response - not the other way around. I'm not one to talk - as I largely just do my own thing with friends and family and have shied away from involvement in change - but look at the history of unionism for example. Without the struggles that have taken place throughout the last couple of hundred years - the Tolpuddle Martyrs for instance - there would be no such thing as workers' rights - even though the bastards in charge have dragged the hands of the clock backwards in recent decades.

Anyway, whatever DM is, he's not a racist, he's not a homophobe and he's not a misogynist, although he's prone to getting carried away and getting the wrong end of the stick. It seems to me you just like having people to shout at and most of what you've aimed at DM is misdirected.

And craving attention? Jesus mate, you can talk.


Caputh wrote:
I think we all crave attention - otherwise we wouldn't bother to post opinions/views/information for people we have (in most cases) never met.

BTW I don't think you're a homophobe, DM. I think you might be a "phobe", however. But this is just the opinion of somebody who you are unlikely to meet who is probably just looking for some anonymous attention. It should thus have little impact on your further life...



Well, obviously, DM felt the need to create a special thread in response to me calling out his declaration of fear that "straight white men" are being persecuted. Textbook need for special attention inspired by his own racism and phobia.


I won't pretend to be the utmost knowledgeable person when it comes to global affairs outside of my USA bubble (even though I have traveled abroad and seen outside of it for myself, in person), but I assume you have a firm understanding of how "nationalism" works, and how some fear "immigrants". For sure those who reside in Europe have had deep personal family histories of it, going back hundreds/even thousands of years.

That being said....when someone expresses their fears that the "white straight man" is being persecuted, even in the context of snideness, reaks of right wing racist homophobic nationalism. maybe DM was joking when he posted that, but my instincts tell me otherwise, based on his frequent responses on the Trump thread.

The only impact this has on my life is I see DM merely as another attention craving a-hole who feels oddly threatened by critisims towards Trump, hence his repsponses on that thread. Feeling the special need to start a completely new thread to address being called out on his statement of fear and repression of racist homophobes on another thread? pfffft whatever. I just gave him a little more attention just by replying on his thread again. He obviously craves more it more than I, so here you go DM.....attent away.

Does he need his daiper changed too?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7302
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

The only impact this has on my life is I see DM merely as another attention craving a-hole who feels oddly threatened by critisims towards Trump, hence his repsponses on that thread. Feeling the special need to start a completely new thread to address being called out on his statement of fear and repression of racist homophobes on another thread? pfffft whatever. I just gave him a little more attention just by replying on his thread again. He obviously craves more it more than I, so here you go DM.....attent away.


I disagree with your posit that DM is a racist homophobe as I have seen no evidence in his own words that he is that. As to attention-seeking, I think we all are - as stated above. What appears to get on your goat is that he generally sees an equivalency between your political views and/or methods of argument and those of pedro, Disco Boy and, indeed, many other members of the forum including myself (as regards methods of argument, if not political views).

I am also not convinced that he likes Trump particularly - he just thinks he is not very important. This is not a view I take, but it is a legitimate position.

My negative take on his methods of argument are that I find them rather insular and restrictive - he seems to place to much emphasis on personal experience, in my view; the value of eye witness evidence being important, but limited. External evidence would appear to him to be of no worth at all. This path leads to sometimes pointless generalizations in my view, that do not neccesarily encourage dialogue.

The positive is that it should lead others to question their own stance/methods - surely not a bad thing.

As to starting threads that concern oneself, or one's conflicts with others here, many of us have done it before - including yourself and myself.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 15124
Location: misanthropia
penguini wrote:
Can everyone just get along?

hmmm...
seems like a reasonable enough request,
HOWEVER, i will need to check your post back log to verify if your suggestion is indeed worthy of taking into collective consideration.

please stand by!




mngmnt

_________________
that's what happens when you don't read you loose your link to higher thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 29747
Location: >>==> Wellington New Zealand
lapsed maps wrote:
penguini wrote:
Can everyone just get along?

hmmm...
seems like a reasonable enough request,
HOWEVER, i will need to check your post back log to verify if your suggestion is indeed worthy of taking into collective consideration.

please stand by!




mngmnt


First the Z Forum, then the middle East.....

_________________
hey Punk, where you goin' with that rake in your hand?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 15124
Location: misanthropia
Gray_Ghost wrote:
First the Z Forum, then the middle East.....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz2L1v7Wkx8

_________________
that's what happens when you don't read you loose your link to higher thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 7812
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Caputh wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

The only impact this has on my life is I see DM merely as another attention craving a-hole who feels oddly threatened by critisims towards Trump, hence his repsponses on that thread. Feeling the special need to start a completely new thread to address being called out on his statement of fear and repression of racist homophobes on another thread? pfffft whatever. I just gave him a little more attention just by replying on his thread again. He obviously craves more it more than I, so here you go DM.....attent away.


I disagree with your posit that DM is a racist homophobe as I have seen no evidence in his own words that he is that. As to attention-seeking, I think we all are - as stated above. What appears to get on your goat is that he generally sees an equivalency between your political views and/or methods of argument and those of pedro, Disco Boy and, indeed, many other members of the forum including myself (as regards methods of argument, if not political views).

I am also not convinced that he likes Trump particularly - he just thinks he is not very important. This is not a view I take, but it is a legitimate position.

My negative take on his methods of argument are that I find them rather insular and restrictive - he seems to place to much emphasis on personal experience, in my view; the value of eye witness evidence being important, but limited. External evidence would appear to him to be of no worth at all. This path leads to sometimes pointless generalizations in my view, that do not neccesarily encourage dialogue.

The positive is that it should lead others to question their own stance/methods - surely not a bad thing.

As to starting threads that concern oneself, or one's conflicts with others here, many of us have done it before - including yourself and myself.



Self-explanatory...


downer mydnyte wrote:
...eventually it will be okay to persecute hetero white males for being hetero white males.


....which can be found here for full context...

viewtopic.php?p=805735#p805735


...Want to know who else says this, more specifically, where DM lifted this from.....almost word for word?...


Straight, white, male Christians are the most oppressed in today’s society’, claims radio host (LISTEN)

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/07/15/s ... st-listen/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 5188
bigotry
1 : obstinate or intolerant devotion to one's own opinions and prejudices

*
Spacebrother seems to be ruled almost entirely by the minds and wills of other people. A mere shadow of others. He wants to lodge their desires into your mind. SB's job here is to maintain the status quo.

I can't relate to the level of fear and hate he operates under. I'm just not that frightened of anything. I've long since learned to balance opposing realities. I guess we can still laugh at guys like SB without resorting to their pathetic divisive tactics.

I can't even imagine taking Donald Trump seriously. Or trusting him. Ever. I knew in the 1980s Trump was a fool. Yet SB called me a Trump supporter in the same post that he called me a homophobe. He makes it easy for me to see through him and his lies. He's not really worth the time it takes to respond to his hate mongering. He may be worth a few more laughs but in actuality he is hardly there at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:57 pm
Posts: 2216
You're homophobic, he's homophobic, I'm homophobic, we're all homophobic!

First you spurn me for Eddie, and then you throw him off like an old overcoat for Rocky! You chew people up and then you spit them out again... I loved you... do you hear me? I loved you! And what did it get me? Yeah, I'll tell you: a big nothing. You're like a sponge. You take, take, take, and drain others of their love and.........

I'll bring the popcorn and corncobs

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group