Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:58 am 

Does anyone else ever wonder what 200 Motels (and Uncle Meat too) could/would have been like if it was completed as originally intended?

I know there was budget bullshit and the lot but as the way it is, remains a remarkable piece of abstract, absurd film with an exceptional soundtrack. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:50 am 

Thatfabulousalien wrote:
Does anyone else ever wonder what 200 Motels (and Uncle Meat too) could/would have been like if it was completed?

yep.
same goes for Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:19 pm 

Thatfabulousalien wrote:
Does anyone else ever wonder what 200 Motels (and Uncle Meat too) could/would have been like if it was completed as originally intended?

I know there was budget bullshit and the lot but as the way it is, remains a remarkable piece of abstract, absurd film with an exceptional soundtrack. :mrgreen:

Yes, in particular Uncle Meat. The film was amazing up to Holiday in Berlin, as i seem to remember. Love the footage shot in the Vienna woods. Never seen any real link with the actual album but that's another story.

I got my vinyl 200 Motels out a couple of weeks ago and cranked up the whole She Painted up her Face suite. What an incredible piece of work. Also that last piece that fades out on side 2 - very creepy and weird. Along with Lump Gravy, stuff, my favourite Zappa orchestral stuff (across the whole 200 Motels album)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:26 am 

thenoisydrum wrote:
Thatfabulousalien wrote:
I got my vinyl 200 Motels out a couple of weeks ago and cranked up the whole She Painted up her Face suite. What an incredible piece of work. Also that last piece that fades out on side 2 - very creepy and weird. Along with Lump Gravy, stuff, my favourite Zappa orchestral stuff (across the whole 200 Motels album)

Sealed Tuna Sandwich
She Painted Her Face
I Have Seen The Pleated Gazelle

A lot of, 'extra-curricular' pieces came out of the Motels score, later Bogus Pomp too.

I adore the 200 Motels score/soundtrack so much. It's fun that one second it's a massive fanfare, the next second it's a depraved rock song, next minute it's a Stravinskian/Webernian piece then next minute it's a country song, next second it's a Penderecki-esque cluster string section, next second it's an anthem about penis size :mrgreen:

Just talking about it makes me want to put it on tonight :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:12 am 

Thatfabulousalien wrote:
thenoisydrum wrote:
Thatfabulousalien wrote:

Sealed Tuna Sandwich
She Painted Her Face
I Have Seen The Pleated Gazelle

A lot of, 'extra-curricular' pieces came out of the Motels score, later Bogus Pomp too.

I adore the 200 Motels score/soundtrack so much. It's fun that one second it's a massive fanfare, the next second it's a depraved rock song, next minute it's a Stravinskian/Webernian piece then next minute it's a country song, next second it's a Penderecki-esque cluster string section, next second it's an anthem about penis size :mrgreen:

Just talking about it makes me want to put it on tonight :smoke:

"suite" idea. Listening now.