Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Zappa's house
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 28775
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
coevad wrote:
Gaga got it!

Uncle Meat and Auntie Meat Dress!

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zappa's house
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 6275
polydigm wrote:
He'll be rolling in his grave.

Why? It was for sale and somebody with the means to buy it bought it. Do you think Tom Mix rolled over in his grave when some long haired freak named Frank Zappa moved into his old place? I'm glad someone famous bought it because that will bring more attention to the fact that it used to be Frank's.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zappa's house
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 6624
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
KUIII wrote:
polydigm wrote:
He'll be rolling in his grave.

Why? It was for sale and somebody with the means to buy it bought it. Do you think Tom Mix rolled over in his grave when some long haired freak named Frank Zappa moved into his old place? I'm glad someone famous bought it because that will bring more attention to the fact that it used to be Frank's.
Personally I don't give a shit. It's just a hunch about how he would feel if he could. He's actually doing nothing at all because he doesn't exist anymore and by definition cares even less than I do.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zappa's house
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 6275
polydigm wrote:
KUIII wrote:
polydigm wrote:
He'll be rolling in his grave.

Why? It was for sale and somebody with the means to buy it bought it. Do you think Tom Mix rolled over in his grave when some long haired freak named Frank Zappa moved into his old place? I'm glad someone famous bought it because that will bring more attention to the fact that it used to be Frank's.
Personally I don't give a shit. It's just a hunch about how he would feel if he could. He's actually doing nothing at all because he doesn't exist anymore and by definition cares even less than I do.

He still exists in the imagination of the imaginer and who knows where else (parallel universe, anyone?) but I agree, dead people generally don't roll around much.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zappa's house
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 4:25 am
Posts: 3662
Location: SANTA MARIA,CA USA
Gaga and Frank were both supporters of "freaks", that alone ought to count for something. She'll be using that studio for sure. Just hope she shows some respect for the place, but I think she will. I like her freaky self, so I don't mind her buying it.

_________________
One two, buckle my shoe!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zappa's house
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 4990
Location: Vancouver, BC
Yesterday, when I first read Lady Gaga bought the house, I thought it was a joke and it didn't make sense to me since both are unique, but in completely different ways. And now, I still don't know what to think. Maybe she's a fan?!

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zappa's house
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 6275
Her influences include some pretty cool rock stuff like Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden so it wouldn't surprise me if she liked Frank as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zappa's house
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 29489
Location: Somewhere in time
KUIII wrote:
Her influences include some pretty cool rock stuff like Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden so it wouldn't surprise me if she liked Frank as well.



+1 8) she and Frank would have probably done a duet album if he was still around, hell he would have produced an album for her in a hot minute... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zappa's house
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 5547
Location: Between the Badges
Sure, Lady Gaga is marketed as being freaky, but I find her boring or at best, wacky. The whole meat suit and her other costumes are, imo, just an extension of stuff Talking Heads did in True Stories, the same year she was born.

Image

Image

Image

Also, she was the worst in her season of American Gothic. (No slight against the show "You're the Worst", thats show'z hilarious!

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zappa's house
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:12 pm
Posts: 73
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Sure, Lady Gaga is marketed as being freaky, but I find her boring or at best, wacky. The whole meat suit and her other costumes are, imo, just an extension of stuff Talking Heads did in True Stories, the same year she was born.

Image

Image

Image

Also, she was the worst in her season of American Gothic. (No slight against the show "You're the Worst", thats show'z hilarious!


True


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zappa's house
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 29489
Location: Somewhere in time
There is no doubt she is an excellent singer and very good writer, no to mention versatile... :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zappa's house
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 13298
Location: LumberTruckCentral
Image

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zappa's house
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 pm
Posts: 708
Location: ger-money
Lady Gaga talking about her purchase of, and plans for, the former home of Frank Zappa.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZrmBNh9vTc
Some vblogger sneaking around the house:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiroOAqLgSQ

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zappa's house
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 22621
Location: >>==> Wellington New Zealand
^^^^^ Cheers ursinator ^^^^^

_________________
hey punk, where you going with that dossier of UN sanctions in your hand?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group