Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10555 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 379, 380, 381, 382, 383, 384, 385 ... 423  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7220
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
ChestPainsProds wrote:
Caputh wrote:
BTW can any Trump supporter tell me what the following means, apart from the fact he claims that he has broken Elton John records and that he doesn't have an organ?

“I have broken more Elton John records. He seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don’t have a musical instrument. I don’t have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. And lots of other people helping. No, we’ve broken a lot of records. We’ve broken virtually every record. Because you know, look, I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room. We don’t need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records. Really, we do it without, like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical – the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth, right? The brain. More important than the mouth is the brain. The brain is much more important.”


He's talking about the attendance records of his rallies. Is he exaggerating? Yes. I think it was a stupid statement to make.


I agree! :D

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 5236
Location: Over there! (last)
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Image
When Donald Trump arrives in London next week for a "working meeting" with PM Theresa May, he's going to be greeted by a balloon flying over the Palace of Westminster.

The protesters behind the balloon argue that it reflects the essence of the man: "An angry baby with a fragile ego and small hands."

British supporters of Trump, however, are outraged. Nigel Farage, a far-right winger and leader of the Brexit push, said, "This is the biggest insult to a sitting US president ever. Would this be happening if it was Obama?" There is now a movement underway to construct a balloon mocking London mayor Sadiq Khan, and to fly that one, too. It is not clear, however, if there is time for money to be raised, construction to be completed, and permits to be secured. Whatever happens, it is clear that the Trump reality show is not going to go on hiatus just because the President is on the road.

_________________
Image
Never argue with stupid people; they will drag you
down to their level and then beat you with experience.


Ignore List: downer mydnyte (paranoid nut-job)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: for #LandofDolt45
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:14 am
Posts: 5216
Image

_________________
" . . . On the outside now . . ."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7220
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
^^^^
Those were the days when American politicians could express themselves rather well.

Compare and contrast:

“I have broken more Elton John records. He seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don’t have a musical instrument. I don’t have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. And lots of other people helping. No, we’ve broken a lot of records. We’ve broken virtually every record. Because you know, look, I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room. We don’t need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records. Really, we do it without, like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical – the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth, right? The brain. More important than the mouth is the brain. The brain is much more important.”

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 pm
Posts: 869
Location: ger-money
Image

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 4938
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada
Caputh wrote:
^^^^
Those were the days when American politicians could express themselves rather well.

Compare and contrast:

“I have broken more Elton John records. He seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don’t have a musical instrument. I don’t have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. And lots of other people helping. No, we’ve broken a lot of records. We’ve broken virtually every record. Because you know, look, I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room. We don’t need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records. Really, we do it without, like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical – the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth, right? The brain. More important than the mouth is the brain. The brain is much more important.”


Another babbling from a three years old baby. His mental age that is. Not a day over.
(my wife babysit some children of that age, so I know...)
If he wants peoples to stop caling him a baby, he has to stop acting like one.

Will this tragic comedy ever stop ?
:P

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed !
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:01 pm
Posts: 525
and to think Boris is his speech writer but he just can't remember his lines and is too blind to read the teleprompter :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:19 pm 
Offline
Banned

Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 10:44 am
Posts: 520
Hey dummies, Trump is not a politician. He does not speak in the bullshit manner that career politicians do. It’s refreshing. Would you rather have another fucking robot out there? If you do, yer a fucking dipshit. He won, get the fuck over it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5244
Location: Vancouver, BC
Caputh wrote:
No, my darling; it merely means I am capable of reading more than one sentence in the article you posted. You just don't understand that being "anti-capitalist" and "anti-big business" are not synonyms for the term "far-left", particularly when you understand that they are connected to the term "anti-semitism."

You also fail to understand that one sentence from a badly written article from Wikipedia is not really very much evidence at all and certainly does not constitute historical proof of anything - particularly when you studiously ignore all the other sentences in the same article that directly contradict your argument as well as the evidence of...
- early speeches by Hitler
- the 25 point programme of the NSDAP
- Hitler's political allies in the 20s
- what he did with party members who advocated socialist views
- where the NSDAP sat in parliament
- the judgement of the two most eminent historians writing on the subject at present
- a linguistic explanation


No, moron. Until you can disprove it, the statement stands. Got it, sunshine? :roll:

Thinman wrote:
If one wants to know how far stupiditiy can get these days, one only has to read the latest entries from this thread, especially the ones about Hitler. Disco Boy and ChestPainsProds must be the world champions of stupidity.


Trump has broken dozens of positive economic records over the past 18 months. Whereas, Obama broke dozens of negative economic records and made people POORER. So who's the stupid one now?! :roll:

Oh and don't forget to go fuck yourself with a rusty pitchfork...

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 8218
Location: The Thumb
Quote:
“We’re going to rebuild our infrastructure, which will become, by the way, second to none. And we will put millions of our people to work as we rebuild it.”


Image

Dominoes Pizza can't wait on empty promises.
Companies to fix problems that government should fix but won't.

_________________
*********************************************************************
Image


Last edited by Milton Bradley on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:21 am
Posts: 2812
Location: SLS
The Trump Haters , the Obama likers / lovers , the Bush enemies , the Clinton lovers / deranged fanatics ....

It's 2018 and Trump is the President .

It's also the real world.

Unless you have some plan to change it in the immediate future , deal with it like adults or STFU.

never saw so much crying or so many wishes for failure
:|


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7220
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:
Caputh wrote:
No, my darling; it merely means I am capable of reading more than one sentence in the article you posted. You just don't understand that being "anti-capitalist" and "anti-big business" are not synonyms for the term "far-left", particularly when you understand that they are connected to the term "anti-semitism."

You also fail to understand that one sentence from a badly written article from Wikipedia is not really very much evidence at all and certainly does not constitute historical proof of anything - particularly when you studiously ignore all the other sentences in the same article that directly contradict your argument as well as the evidence of...
- early speeches by Hitler
- the 25 point programme of the NSDAP
- Hitler's political allies in the 20s
- what he did with party members who advocated socialist views
- where the NSDAP sat in parliament
- the judgment of the two most eminent historians writing on the subject at present
- a linguistic explanation


No, moron. Until you can disprove it, the statement stands. Got it, sunshine? :roll:



I'm afraid I already did - you just haven't noticed.

However, since you seem to consider Wikipedia such an unimpeachable source of opinion, which is what your little sentence constitutes, perhaps the following, from the FAQ section of your article is more comprehensible for you. I've put the important bits in big letters for you.

"Q: Why is the Nazi Party labeled a far-right party? They called themselves socialists, so should they be left-wing?
A: Almost all historical and present-day academic literature places the Nazi Party on the far-right of the traditional left-right spectrum, which in turn is the most common short-form classification used in political science. The Nazis themselves attacked both left-wing and traditional right-wing politicians and movements in Germany as being traitors to Germany. While the Nazi regime's economic policies are very different from those of present-day right-wing parties that adhere to classical liberal or neoliberal positions (which advocate, e.g., a highly deregulated, privatized economic environment), Nazi economic policy was typical of the early to mid twentieth century far-right, and indeed most political currents of the time, in that it embraced interventionist economics. The Nazi Party absorbed the far-right reactionary monarchist and nationalist German National People's Party into its membership in 1933. The Nazi Party also held good relations with openly right-wing political movements in Europe, such as the Spanish Confederation of the Autonomous Right, whose leader Gil-Robles was a guest at the 1933 Nazi Party Nuremberg rally and sought to model his movement upon the Nazi Party.
Q: If socialism is mainly left-wing and they called themselves socialists in their name, why is this being ignored?
A: Historically several right-wing figures used the term "socialism" to mean something very different from what would be understood by traditional left-wing socialism, referring simply to the broader concept of collectivism and anti-individualism. For instance, "conservative socialism" was promoted by Austrian political figure Metternich. The prominent French reactionary monarchist Charles Maurras famously said "a socialism liberated from the democratic and cosmopolitan element fits nationalism well as a well made glove fits a beautiful hand". Mauras' views influenced fascism. Oswald Spengler's ideal of "Prussian Socialism" directly influenced Nazism, and Spengler promoted it as a member of the far-right Conservative Revolutionary movement. However, many socialists have a dim view of what they see as cooptation of socialism by otherwise right-wing movements. For example, Nikita Khrushchev sardonically remarked, "In modern times the word Socialism has become very fashionable, and it has also been used very loosely. Even Hitler used to babble about Socialism, and he worked the word into the name of his National Socialist party. The whole world knows what sort of Socialism Hitler had in mind."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Nazi_Party

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Last edited by Caputh on Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:10 am 
Offline
Banned

Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 10:44 am
Posts: 520
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 5236
Location: Over there! (last)
pedro1 wrote:
never saw so much crying or so many wishes for failure :|
Yes, pedro, - but enough about the Obama administration. :roll:

Image

January 16, 2009 (4 days before Obama took office)

Rush Limbaugh told his listeners that he was asked by “a major American print publication” to offer a 400-word statement explaining his “hope for the Obama presidency.” He responded:

"So I’m thinking of replying to the guy, “Okay, I’ll send you a response, but I don’t need 400 words, I need four: I hope he fails.” (interruption) What are you laughing at? See, here’s the point. Everybody thinks it’s outrageous to say. Look, even my staff, “Oh, you can’t do that.” Why not? Why is it any different, what’s new, what is unfair about my saying I hope liberalism fails? Liberalism is our problem. Liberalism is what’s gotten us dangerously close to the precipice here. Why do I want more of it? I don’t care what the Drive-By story is. I would be honored if the Drive-By Media headlined me all day long: “Limbaugh: I Hope Obama Fails.” Somebody’s gotta say it."

And how about this? :|

Image

October 29, 2010

Sen. Mitch McConnelll in an interview with the National Journal's Major Garrett on Oct. 29, 2010:

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."

_________________
Image
Never argue with stupid people; they will drag you
down to their level and then beat you with experience.


Ignore List: downer mydnyte (paranoid nut-job)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 32286
Location: Somewhere in time
Melania Trump wrote:
and to think Boris is his speech writer but he just can't remember his lines and is too blind to read the teleprompter :smoke:



Melania did you find your coat... :?:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:01 pm
Posts: 525
Plook wrote:
Melania Trump wrote:
and to think Boris is his speech writer but he just can't remember his lines and is too blind to read the teleprompter :smoke:



Melania did you find your coat... :?:


No but i have my suspicions, Pedro was last seen with it at a recent piss session :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 5236
Location: Over there! (last)
Tom Toles
Image

_________________
Image
Never argue with stupid people; they will drag you
down to their level and then beat you with experience.


Ignore List: downer mydnyte (paranoid nut-job)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:21 am
Posts: 2812
Location: SLS
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 32286
Location: Somewhere in time
Anyone that attacks a piece of hard core female backbone like Maxine Waters that fought her way from a poor up bringing, got a top education, broke the glass ceiling, and is very intelligent..is uneducated about her truth and as much of a Neanderthal bigoted racist pee brain as cheeto... :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:21 am
Posts: 2812
Location: SLS
She's a brainwashed idiot much like these students that talked about a pick that hasn't even been announced yet.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/07/08/s ... -selection



^^^^ That's your party , Plook.

Myself , I would hate to be associated with such ignorance.
I'm sorry you identify with people like Maxine and these students.

:|


btw , what did Maxine do with that " top education " ??
Sell it ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 5236
Location: Over there! (last)
pedro1 wrote:
I would hate to be associated with such ignorance.
Too late. 8)

_________________
Image
Never argue with stupid people; they will drag you
down to their level and then beat you with experience.


Ignore List: downer mydnyte (paranoid nut-job)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 8218
Location: The Thumb
Fun fact: As far as the Constitution is concerned, there are no educational requirements for Supreme Court justices (including the Chief Justice).
Supreme Court justices have at least a Bachelor's degree and three years of law school, culminating in a J.D. degree.( Juris Doctor)

_________________
*********************************************************************
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:49 pm 
Offline
Banned

Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 10:44 am
Posts: 520
Milton Bradley wrote:
Fun fact: As far as the Constitution is concerned, there are no educational requirements for Supreme Court justices (including the Chief Justice).
Supreme Court justices have at least a Bachelor's degree and three years of law school, culminating in a J.D. degree.( Juris Doctor)


Why post this now? I bet it's just because you don't like who Trump just picked.

Where was this type of post when Obama had his picks?

You're a fucking hack! So are the countless number of babies crying in the streets right now over the SCOTUS pick. Don't these little faggot cunts have jobs?

This is hilarious! These fucks are out of their minds. They’re repeating each other like mentally ill children. None of them can string a sentence together and they have absolutely no idea what they’re even yelling about. These morons are also mispronouncing “Kavanaugh” for rhyming purposes. “Kavano has got to go,” the leader chants. Fucking shitheads to the 1000000000000000 th degree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 31i6woQXwA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5244
Location: Vancouver, BC
Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
No, moron. Until you can disprove it, the statement stands. Got it, sunshine? :roll:


I'm afraid I already did - you just haven't noticed.


I'm afraid you didn't - you just haven't noticed.

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7220
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
"Almost all historical and present-day academic literature places the Nazi Party on the far-right of the traditional left-right spectrum"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Nazi_Party

Almost all people called Disco Boy do not.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10555 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 379, 380, 381, 382, 383, 384, 385 ... 423  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group