Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 332, 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338 ... 341  Next
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:14 pm 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
ursinator wrote:
The oak that was planted commonly by Trump and french premier minister Macron using golden shovels has disappeared just a few days later.
The mystery of the missing White House tree has been solved

(CNN) The mysterious disappearance of a tree planted in the White House grounds last week by US President Donald Trump and French President Emmanuel Macron has been solved: It's in quarantine.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/30/politics ... index.html
Tom Toles

John Cole

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:30 pm 

Shrewnews wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
treason

In McFaul's defense, he was playing Tetris at the time.

No one knows any Russians, no one every met any Russians, there was no exchange of information with any Russians...sure are a lot of freaking Russians around everyone all the time for nothing going on...this is Crapdetector 101... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:40 pm 

I guess this soap opera is far more easy for you to deal with than our current American reality.

Russians! Oboy!! It's the cold war all over again. Soon our schoolkids will be taught to hide under their desks in case of a nuclear attack.

After justice prevails over Trump:

- Are all the homeless people sleeping in tents on the sidewalks gonna have a place to go?

-Are all the hungry children gonna get fed?

-Is the garbage that the conglomerates practically force down our kids throats going to be replaced with something healthy/nutritious?

-Is health insurance going to be affordable for the working classes?

- Is the systematic oppression of the lower classes going to stop?

- Is hate going to disappear?

- Is television/news media going to stop conditioning us to be idiot consumers?

-Are the middle/lower class kids going to stop having their minds completely overloaded with bullshit only to then be told they have ADD and fed pills? Is the treatment of Americans as guinea pigs going to subside?

-Is a worthwhile education going to be available for the middle and lower classes?

-Are we going to stop treating the oceans, lakes and rivers like they're our own personal bitch?

-Will the huge pile of out-dated worthless products biodegrade?

-Will the manufacturing of soon-to-be-outdated crap cease or even slow down?

-Is this going to be just another false victory like Watergate that won't change a thing? Just a chance for political cheerleaders to pretend they've won? Bring on the new Jimmy Carter!

It's too late. The boomers left behind a technological trash heap for the rest of us. They marched us straight to hell for a handful of dollars.

Some even ridicule us younger folks when we point it out. It's like they're saying: Fuck you if you don't like our huge pile of worthless garbage, kid. Live in it!

But I'm not depressed. I'm empowered. I'm getting my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Alright!

Cue the next batch of hideously conservative artwork with its supposedly liberal message...

Post subject: Re:#LandofDolt45
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:02 pm 

this is a good post d_m.
What are you gonna do about it besides 'getting kicks'?

"2000-zero-zero party over,
oops, out of time...

(sing it one more time)...".

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:39 pm 

The "kicks" part in italics was a Jim Morrison quote. A little levity at the end of a long, serious post. My kicks are not particularly materialistic and they're not at the expense of any other living things.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:43 am 

Russia tampered with our elections with inside help from the trump campaign, the NRA and the GOP, and That is completely unacceptable and an act of treason. If you can't deal with it, you don't even deserve the priviledge of being in the USA and an American citizen. Fuck that and get the fuck out.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:13 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:
I guess this soap opera is far more easy for you to deal with than our current American reality.

Russians! Oboy!! It's the cold war all over again. Soon our schoolkids will be taught to hide under their desks in case of a nuclear attack.

- Are all the homeless people sleeping in tents on the sidewalks gonna have a place to go?

-Is the garbage that the conglomerates practically force down our kids throats going to be replaced with something healthy/nutritious?

-Are the middle/lower class kids going to stop having their minds completely overloaded with bullshit only to then be told they have ADD and fed pills? Is the treatment of Americans as guinea pigs going to subside?

-Is a worthwhile education going to be available for the middle and lower classes?

-Are we going to stop treating the oceans, lakes and rivers like they're our own personal bitch?

-Is this going to be just another false victory like Watergate that won't change a thing? Just a chance for political cheerleaders to pretend they've won? Bring on the new Jimmy Carter!

It's too late. The boomers left behind a technological trash heap for the rest of us. They marched us straight to hell for a handful of dollars.

Some even ridicule us younger folks when we point it out. It's like they're saying: Fuck you if you don't like our huge pile of worthless garbage, kid. Live in it!

But I'm not depressed. I'm empowered. I'm getting my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Alright!

Cue the next batch of hideously conservative artwork with its supposedly liberal message...

I was just wondering whether you think there was a time in American, or, if you like, world history when any of the problems you list above were actually not problems at all. The indication seems to be that the baby boomers in combination with technology caused all of the above and that everything was hunky dory beforehand. But perhaps I'm misrepresenting your views?

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:51 am 

Caputh wrote:
But perhaps I'm misrepresenting your views?
That's okay, Caputh. Downer misrepresents his own views, too. 8)

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:03 pm 

Will Kim get Hawaii :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:02 pm 

Caputh wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:

Alright!

I was just wondering whether you think there was a time in American, or, if you like, world history when any of the problems you list above were actually not problems at all. The indication seems to be that the baby boomers in combination with technology caused all of the above and that everything was hunky dory beforehand. But perhaps I'm misrepresenting your views?

Ironically that sounds a lot like Ted Kerensky's theory... :shock:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:15 am 

Do you mean Ted Kaczynski, the Unabomber in "Industrial Society And Its Future"?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:07 am 

haha

Trump to Add Clinton Impeachment Lawyer Emmet Flood to Replace Ty Cobb

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:20 am 

Caputh wrote:
Do you mean Ted Kaczynski, the Unabomber in "Industrial Society And Its Future"?

Freaking auto correct...Yes those words are from his manifesto... :shock:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:35 am 

Autocorrect is an arse, of course. Does it prove "good ol' Ted" right, tho'? :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:45 pm 

Jack Ohman

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:35 pm 

Caputh wrote:
Autocorrect is an arse, of course. Does it prove "good ol' Ted" right, tho'? :wink:

While I disagree with Teds methods and conclusions for correcting the perceived slaves man had become to machines (what does he think now...wooo!) he was on to something and had identified it very early and working within the system could have effected meaningful change that may have helped make the transformation to a more automated society more manageable...identifying issues is half the battle of managing them....personally I still run red lights in the wee hours of Sunday morning when going golfing when no one is on the road, my way of showing I am not a complete slave to technology... :idea:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:47 pm 

Just do what you're told and everything will be okay!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:57 am 

Judging from that photo, which seems to show "Duck and Cover" atom bomb protection training in the 50s, you would seem to be indicating that you believe the problems you list above existed before the baby boomers.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:20 am 

haha

Feds tapped Trump lawyer Michael Cohen's phones
At least one phone call between a phone line associated with Cohen and the White House was intercepted,...

After the raid, members of Trump's legal team advised the president not to speak to Cohen, according to a person familiar with the discussion.

Two sources close to Trump's newest attorney, Rudolph Giuliani, say he learned that days after the raid the president had made a call to Cohen, and told Trump never to call again out of concern the call was being recorded by prosecutors.

Giuliani told Fox News Wednesday night that Trump repaid Cohen the $130,000 he used to keep the adult film star, Stormy Daniels, from going public with allegations about her affair with Trump.

Giuliani is also described as having warned Trump that Cohen is likely to flip on him, something Trump pushed back on, telling Giuliani that he has known Cohen for years and expects him to be loyal, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the conversations.

Former U.S. Attorney Chuck Rosenberg....., says there's a high bar for having a wiretap approved.

"The affidavits are typically highly detailed and carefully vetted by experienced lawyers," he said. "In all cases the wiretap must be approved by a federal judge."

Rosenberg said that wiretaps are usually approved for an investigation into a current crime and not solely for possible crimes that have been committed in the past.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:26 am 

Some people are going to jail and I noticed Gollum (Giuliani) through Kushner under the bus basically saying he is on his own which is another criminal move to through a bone...but he added that Ivanka was off limits, these idiots have no idea how these pro's are going to take them to task...unless cheeto pulls another crime and starts monkeying withe the investigation, then will need republicans in congress to grow some balls and that may be an impossibility, they wouldn't know what duty and honor in relation to the law and their oath looks like... :idea:

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:52 am 

Trump's latest denial on Twitter was so obviously written by his lawyers, as words of more than three syllables were used and nearly all the sentences were really quite well formulated. However, in order to lend the whole an air of authenticity, they also deemed it necessary to introduce one ridiculous spelling mistake, viz:

"Money from the campaign, or campaign contributions, played no roll in this transaction."

On the other hand, perhaps Trump was really rolling and playing with someone and somebody on his team wanted to tip us the wink.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:58 am 

Caputh wrote:
Trump's latest denial on Twitter was so obviously written by his lawyers, as words of more than three syllables were used and nearly all the sentences were really quite well formulated. However, in order to lend the whole an air of authenticity, they also deemed it necessary to introduce one ridiculous spelling mistake, viz:

"Money from the campaign, or campaign contributions, played no roll in this transaction."

On the other hand, perhaps Trump was really rolling and playing with someone and somebody on his team wanted to tip us the wink.

You sure Plook didn't write it?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:26 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
Now, that's hilarious. :mrgreen: A true LOL moment. 8)

Dan Wasserman

Steve Kelley

Mike Luckovich

Last edited by Mr. Nice Guy on Thu May 03, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:27 pm 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
Now, that's hilarious. :mrgreen: A true LOL moment. 8)

Dam you guys, give a brother a break...actually I did a spit check when I saw that and had a good laugh myself...touché Senior Doug, touché... :D

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:34 pm 

Face it: Trump and Giuliani are just a couple of old, dottering fools. Mueller's going to eat both of them for lunch...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 332, 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338 ... 341  Next