Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15742 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 621, 622, 623, 624, 625, 626, 627 ... 630  Next
 Post subject: CROWNING OF KING TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:42 pm 

coevad wrote:
Arend van Dam

Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:59 pm 

OK. I feel like mocking Trump and his stupid followers . . .

I guess you folks out there earned as much this year. . .

I never got tired of this one

This is the ways of a "STABLE GENIUS"

Sorry Pedro. I didn't mean to make you cry !
:smoke:

Come to think of it, there's nothing good to say about Trump... except if you're part of the 1%

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:57 pm 

Remember when we had a President who took his job seriously but didn't take himself so seriously?

I do...

Post subject: Re: obama
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:22 pm 

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ 8) 8) 8)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:03 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:26 pm 

I put my hands on the medical report about Trump and his getting of the COVID-19
The virus entered his mouth (which is always open),
and went directly to the brain where it died of hunger.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:34 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:21 pm 

20 Hunter Biden laptops turned in.
http://karireport.blogspot.com/2020/10/ ... ar-at.html

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:02 pm 

coevad wrote:

What- a Coconut Republic :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:14 am 

VOTING FOR BIDEN COMES WITH A BIG BONUS !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:27 am 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:29 am 

Women voting for Trump are as dumb as women getting into a male dominated religion.

Don't you think so Pedro ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:29 am 

Mij wrote:

Under the influence of a fantastic amount of TRENDY CHEMICAL AMUSEMENT AID, they proceed to perform lewd acts, rip each other off for small personal possessions, and dance with depraved abandon in the vicinity of a six-foot pile of transistor radios (each one tuned to a different station).

The HUNCHMEN finally expire from exhaustion, and GREGGERY, who has viewed the proceedings from a safe distance, breathes a sigh of relief...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:32 am 

I don't know about you, but I won't need any TRENDY CHEMICAL AMUSEMENT AID to celebrate Trump's fall !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:40 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:13 pm 

...well, yeah, the lie does bother me but not as much as being taken for an idiot by that asshole.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:00 pm 

Confirmed Covid-19 cases pass 40 million and still this fool claims Covid-19 is a hoax

Trump goes after Fauci and scientists,
tries to buck up his campaign team

JILL COLVIN, WILL WEISSERT and ZEKE MILLER·06:36, October the 20th, 2020

US President Donald Trump is trying to buck up his campaign staffers two weeks from Election Day, dismissing the cautionary coronavirus advice of his scientific experts as well as polling showing him trailing Democratic rival Joe Biden across key battleground states.

Speaking to campaign aides on a conference call, Trump said he believes he's going to win, allowing that he didn't have that same sense of confidence two weeks ago when he was hospitalised with COVID-19.

One week since returning to the campaign trail, where his handling of the pandemic is a central issue to voters, Trump blasted his government's own scientists for their criticism of his performance.

“People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots," Trump said of Dr Anthony Fauci, declaring the government's top infectious disease expert “a disaster.” But Fauci is both respected and popular, and Trump suggested firing the doctor would only create greater controversy.

Trump's rejection of scientific advice on the pandemic has already drawn bipartisan condemnation.

Fauci, in an interview with CBS's 60 Minutes that aired on Sunday (local time), said he was not surprised that Trump contracted the virus after he held large events with few face coverings.

Alex Brandon/AP
“People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots," Trump said of Dr Anthony Fauci, declaring the government's top infectious disease expert “a disaster.”

Fauci also objected to the president's campaign using his words in a campaign ad.

“I was worried that he was going to get sick when I saw him in a completely precarious situation of crowded, no separation between people, and almost nobody wearing a mask,” Fauci said of the president.

Trump held his call with campaign staffers from Las Vegas, where he was on the third day of a western campaign swing. He was to hold Arizona rallies in Prescott and Tucson later in the day before returning to the White House.

The president's professed confidence stood in contrast to his public comments in recent days reflecting on the prospect that he could lose.

“If Crazy Joe becomes president, it’s not even conceivable,” he told a rally crowd in Janesville, Wisconsin, over the weekend.

“Running against him, it puts such pressure because I’m running against the worst in the history. ... If I lose, I will have lost to the worst candidate, the worst candidate in the history of presidential politics. If I lose, what do I do? I’d rather run against somebody who’s extraordinarily talented, at least, this way I can go and lead my life.”

Carolyn Kaster/AP
In addition to public polling that indicates Joe Biden has an edge, the former vice president enjoys another considerable advantage over Trump: money.

Last week, Trump asked a crowd in Macon, Georgia: “Could you imagine if I lose my whole life? What am I going to do? I’m going to say I lost to the worst candidate in the history of politics, I’m not going to feel so good. Maybe I’ll have to leave the country. I don’t know.”

On Sunday, he expressed confusion that he could possibly be tied with Biden in Nevada – where polls actually show Trump trailing.

“How the hell can we be tied?” he said at a rally in Carson City. “What’s going on? ... We get these massive crowds. He gets nobody. And then they say we’re tied. ... It doesn’t make sense.”

In Carson City, Trump addressed thousands of supporters who sat elbow to elbow, cheering him and booing Biden and the press. The vast majority wore no masks to guard against coronavirus, though cases in the state are on the rise, with more than 1000 new infections reported on Saturday.

The Republican president, as he often does, warned that a Biden election would lead to further lockdowns and appeared to mock Biden for saying he would listen to scientists.

Alex Brandon/AP
Trump expressed confusion that he could possibly be tied with Biden in Nevada – where polls actually show Trump trailing.

“He'll listen to the scientists. If I listened totally to the scientists, we would right now have a country that would be in a massive depression,” Trump said.

In addition to public polling that indicates Biden has an edge, the former vice president enjoys another considerable advantage over Trump: money.

Trump raked in US$12 million during a fundraiser Sunday afternoon at the Newport Beach home of top Republican donor and tech mogul Palmer Luckey, which also featured a performance by the Beach Boys.

But over the past four months, Biden has raised over US$1 billion, a massive amount of money that has eclipsed Trump's once-overwhelming cash advantage.

That's become apparent in advertising, where Biden and his Democratic allies are on pace to spend twice as much as Trump and the Republicans in the closing days of the race, according to data from the ad tracking firm Kantar/CMAG.

Carolyn Kaster/AP
Over the past four months, Biden has raised over US$1 billion, a massive amount of money that has eclipsed Trump's once-overwhelming cash advantage.

Though Trump has pulled back from advertising in Midwestern states that secured his 2016 win, he's invested heavily elsewhere, including North Carolina, where he is on pace to slightly outspend Biden in the days ahead.

In Nevada, which Trump came close to winning in 2016, Democrats are set to outspend Trump in the closing days by a more than 3-to-1 ratio.

Trump argued that his rallies could help make up the difference in states that remain close.

“Where we have states that are sort of tipping, could go either way,” he said. “I have an ability to go to those states and rally. Biden has no ability, I go to a rally we have 25,000 people. He goes to a rally and he has four people.”

Trump's visit to the state is part of an aggressive schedule of campaign events, where he has leaned heavily into fear tactics.

Trump's Carson City rally was held at an airport with a golden scrub brush-covered hill providing a dramatic backdrop.

He relived fond moments from his 2016 campaign against Hillary Clinton, revisited his long-running feud with NFL players and went on an extended riff about water management policy, which he blamed for people having to “flush their toilet 15 times.”

AP

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/ ... paign-team

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:04 am 

An old article but still funny. I'll never be eating stuffed crust pizza again.

Yes, It Was Donald Trump Who First Introduced Pizza Hut’s Stuffed Crust to the World
GOP candidate figures big in cheesy, 21-year history

By Robert Klara

September 22, 2016

https://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/yes-it-was-donald-trump-who-first-introduced-pizza-huts-stuffed-crust-world-173639/

Earlier this week, Pizza Hut hauled its latest pie out of the R&D oven: Grilled Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza. It's pretty much what the name suggests—"a delicious, flavorful and indulgent pizza," in the words of CMO David Timm, "that packs the punch of a gooey, cheesy, crunchy grilled cheese."

Pizza Hut also assured us that "cheese is rapidly becoming one of America's favorite foods," which is, presumably, why the brand has been stuffing its crusts with various cheese combinations for over two decades now. Pizza Hut has filled its pizza crusts not just with mere mozzarella, but with three cheeses and things like meat, Marmite and even cheeseburgers (see box below).

Ever wonder where all of this began? We'll tell you: It began with Donald Trump.

Stuffed Crust Pizza made its debut on March 26, 1995. Six days later, Pizza Hut kicked off a $45 million national ad campaign for the new item, buying TV time during the NCAA's Final Four weekend. The 30-second spot created by BBDO New York shows a tuxedo-clad Trump in a gilded suite along with Ivana Trump, whom he'd divorced five years earlier. (Watch the ad below.)

"Do you really think this is the right thing for us?" Trump asks. "It's wrong, isn't it?"

"But it feels so right," she coos.

Viewers must have thought they were about to see the beginning of a torrid affair, the reigniting of a tabloid marriage. But no, the couple proceeds to pop open a Pizza Hut box and dig into a stuffed-crust pizza. (Part of the joke—now lost in the fog of branding's past—was that stuffed crust encouraged consumers to eat pizza the "wrong way," meaning crust first.)

Pizza Hut also stuffed its commercial with a few Trump zingers. He refers to their sharing a pie as a "deal" and then, as they argue over the leftover slice, he says, "Actually, you're only entitled to half." (Seeing as Ivana got a reported $25 million from the settlement, she could afford plenty of pizza of her own.)

Whether it was the cheesy TV spot or just the cheese-stuffed crust, the ad was a smash hit. Halting a 5 percent same-store sales slump for 1994, stuffed crust helped jack Pizza Hut's sales by $300 million by the end of 1995.

These days, with Trump making daily headlines for his often inflammatory remarks, it's hard to remember that 21 years ago he wasn't nearly as polarizing a figure.

"He was an egomaniac billionaire and almost charming," said Hayes Roth, principal of brand and marketing firm HA Roth Consulting. "His egomania was so huge that he makes fun of himself. He's lost that sense of humor. But he put on a great show, and back then we bought it."

To be sure, we bought plenty of stuffed-crust pizza, too. But Roth is correct: Donald Trump is no longer just the New York mogul who was game for a self-effacing TV spot. He's a central player in the most contentious presidential race in memory. Which is why Pizza Hut's parent company, Yum! Brands, understandably eager to retain both its red- and blue-state customers, is steering clear of mentioning its 1995 commercial.

"We haven't, to this point, mentioned it, and we will not be utilizing the Republican candidate in the upcoming marketing," said Doug Terfehr, Yum! Brands' senior director of corporate communications. "But he was part of the original commercial."

Another name that's rarely mentioned in stuffed-crust history is Patty Scheibmeir, the food scientist credited with developing it. In 1992, Scheibmeir bought some mozzarella string cheese at her local grocery store and rolled it into pizza dough. The rest is chain-restaurant history—or so the story goes. But is it a true story? Pizza Hut itself isn't certain.

"It's like Woodstock," Terfehr said. "Everyone who was alive [in 1969] said they were at Woodstock, and anyone who worked at Pizza Hut said they were involved in stuffed-crust pizza. Obviously, it was a team thing."

These days, Scheibmeir is vp of R&D for Rave Restaurant Group. And Mr. Trump? Well, he has his eye on a new job, too.

Last edited by cory1984 on Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:12 am 

There's a 4 part docum series on TV about Trump now.
The way he treated Ivana (and later Marla), it's quite surprising she agreed to do a spot with him after they divorced.
I guess Money talked louder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:10 am 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:38 pm 

Joep Bertrams

Witness Protection Program in Russia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:13 pm 

^^^ Donald Shemp?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:25 am 

If you're still with Trump, you know what you are. . .

Stupidity will never be obsolete it seems. . .

I can't really blame the used cars saleman trying to lure a poor educated buyer to buy his crap.
We can try our best to educate that poor folk so he won't buy another car from this guy.
But if that poor uneducated folk repeatly close his mind to logical reasoning, he can go f**k himself.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:04 am 

What would you do if you had hacked Trump's Twitter account?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... r-password

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:29 pm 

:arrow:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15742 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 621, 622, 623, 624, 625, 626, 627 ... 630  Next