Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15032 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 593, 594, 595, 596, 597, 598, 599 ... 602  Next
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 5:45 am 

Kevin Siers

Osmani Simanca

Osmani Simanca is a Cuban-born cartoonist working in Brazil for A Tarde Newspaper.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 5:48 am 

I F@#KED
Y O U

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 5:56 am 

Well, some Americans love to be fucked, they ask for it, they kiss his ass with a smile...
We have one of them here. A COVIDIOT.
A vaccine against stupidity is required as much as one against the COVID-19.
I expect that the number of deaths in USA will rise again in the next few days. . .

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 6:58 am 

Mij wrote:
I expect that the number of deaths in USA will rise again in the next few days. . .
You're really going out on a limb, there, Mij. :roll:

Dave Whamond

Bart van Leeuwen

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:23 am 

I wish I knew more of English language. I had to google that expression.
:|

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 8:26 am 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Mij wrote:
You're really going out on a limb, there, Mij. :roll:
Mij wrote:
I wish I knew more of English language. I had to google that expression. :|
It was sprinkled with a hint of sarcasm.

Your prediction is pretty much a foregone conclusion, which goes without saying. 8)

Definition of foregone conclusion. 1 : a conclusion that has preceded argument or examination. 2 : an inevitable result : certainty the victory was a foregone conclusion.

Last edited by Mr. Nice Guy on Tue May 12, 2020 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 8:46 am 

But what if the number of deaths never rise ?
It's a possibility (a weak one I admit)

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 9:13 am 

Weak as water. 8)

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 9:37 am 

...till the water freezes...
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 9:40 am 

in my head, I hear those lyrics
"scab of a nation driven insane"
and I have a thought for all those blinded Trump followers

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 5:04 pm 

1,630 today.
Going up.

Post subject: THE WATERBOY
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 6:45 pm 

Adam Zyglis

Joep Bertrams

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:18 am 

Nobody Is Protected From President Trump
Frank Bruni
3 hours ago

© Doug Mills/The New York Times
President Trump during a tour of the Honeywell Mask Production Facility in Phoenix, Ariz., last week.

I’ve heard of Muslim women in America being taunted for wearing hijabs, I’ve heard of Jewish men being mocked for wearing yarmulkes and now I’ve heard it all: A friend of mine was cursed by a passing stranger the other day for wearing a protective mask.

There is, of course, a rather nasty virus going around, and one way to lessen the chance of its spread, especially from you to someone else, is to cover your nose and mouth. Call it civic responsibility. Call it science.

But science is no match for tribalism in this dysfunctional country. Truth is whatever validates your prejudices, feeds your sense of grievance and fuels your antipathy toward the people you’ve decided are on some other side.

And protective masks, God help us, are tribal totems. With soul-crushing inevitably, these common-sense precautions morphed into controversial declarations of identity. What’s next? Band-Aids?

“Wearing a mask is for smug liberals. Refusing to is for reckless Republicans.” That was the headline on a recent article in Politico by Ryan Lizza and Daniel Lippman that noted that “in a deeply polarized America, almost anything can be politicized.”

I quibble only with “almost.” And I submit that the entire story of our scattered, schizoid response to the coronavirus pandemic can be distilled into the glares, tussles, tweets, deference and defiance surrounding this simple accessory.

On Monday the White House belatedly introduced a policy of mask-wearing in the West Wing — but it exempted President Trump. See what I mean about mask as metaphor? Trump demands protection from everybody around him, but nobody is protected from Trump. Story of America.

My friend was standing on a street corner in the center of a small town in New York. The state has decreed that people wear face coverings if they’re in public settings where they can’t be sure to stay six feet or more away from others. So my friend was following the rules, as were her two companions. All three of them were masked.

And a man driving by shouted a profanity at them.

Just two words. Just two syllables. You can probably guess which.

How did she know their masks were the trigger? She said that nothing else about the three of them could possibly have drawn any particular notice and judgment and that she’d encountered other evidence of objection to lockdowns, social distancing and masks in this relatively rural and relatively conservative area.

One man, she said, has been standing outside the local post office, yelling about government oppression and handing out fliers. She showed me one. It had an image of a face mask crossed out and said: “ATTN GOVERNMENT AGENTS. Please provide lawful and necessary consideration to aid the bearer in the unimpeded exercise of constitutionally protected rights.”

It’s not just her town. “Mask haters causing problems at retail establishments,” read a recent headline in the Illinois political newsletter Capitol Fax, which presented a compendium of reports from merchants around the state, including one in Dekalb who said that a customer wearing what looked like a hunting knife refused to follow Illinois directives and wear a mask. Priorities.

When the president visited Phoenix a week ago, some residents who’d turned out to see him harangued journalists in masks, “saying how we’re only wearing masks to instill fear,” BrieAnna Frank, a reporter with The Arizona Republic, told Tom Jones of Poynter. Frank posted a Twitter thread with videos in which journalists were loudly accused of being “on the wrong side of patriotism” and “like communists.”

Outside the State Capitol in Sacramento two days later, a woman held a sign that said: “Do you know who Dr. Judy Mikovits is? Then don’t tell me I need a silly mask.”

Mikovits is a discredited scientist whose wild assertions and scaremongering regarding vaccines have made her a hero to conspiracy theorists and a social media and YouTube star. Naturally, masks factor into her repertoire. She has claimed that “wearing the mask literally activates your own virus.”

So masks are props in our polluted ecosystem of information. They’re also symbols of American complacency. When the pandemic hit, there weren’t nearly enough of them, not even for medical workers, a shortage that more-prepared countries didn’t experience.

And masks are emblems, maybe the best ones, of the Trump administration’s disregard for, and degradation of, experts and expertise. Last month, when Trump announced that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was recommending the use of masks, he went out of his way to make clear that he wouldn’t be wearing one and that no one else was obliged.

Is it any wonder that weeks later, Mike Pence went maskless to the Mayo Clinic? No. He had a boss to please. He had a statement to make. And the statement was that masks were for wimpy worrywarts keen to do whatever the eggheads and elites told them.

Those of us with masks on our faces or masks in our pockets, at the ready, are definitely doing what’s right, but we’re also making our own statements. I know this because I’ve hurriedly slipped my own mask on in uncrowded outdoor situations where it almost certainly wasn’t necessary but where others were masked. I wanted to signal them. I wanted them to know: I take my own tiny role in vanquishing this pandemic seriously. Rugged individualism ends where dying on this breathtaking scale begins. There’s liberty and then there’s death.

I’ve often heard that this once-in-a-generation crisis will bring us together, making us realize how much we need one another.

But it may well be driving us farther apart. Income inequality hasn’t been writ this large and gruesomely in decades. Red state vs. blue state and rural vs. urban tensions steer politicians’ and the public’s actions and words.

And a potentially lifesaving accommodation is a badge of so much — of too much — more. Masks have unmasked immeasurable distrust in America. Who’s working on the vaccine for that?

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/co ... id=BHEA000

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:23 pm 

-Vice President Joe Biden - One request January 12, 2017

-FBI Director James Comey - One request December 15, 2016

-Director of National Intelligence James Clapper - Three requests

-CIA Director John Brennan - Two requests - December 14-15, 2016

-U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power - Seven requests: November 30, 2016 -December 2, 7, 14, 23, 2016, January 11, 2017

-Obama Chief of Staff Dennis McDonough - One request January 5, 2017

-Deputy Director of National Intelligence for Intelligence Integration Michael Dempsey - One request January 7, 2017

-U.S Ambassador to Russia John Tefft - December 16, 2016

-U.S. Ambassador to Turkey Ambassador Barr - December 28, 2016

-Secretary of the Treasury Jacob Lew - Two requests December 14, 2016 and January 12, 2017

-Acting Assistant Secretary Treasury Arthur McGlynn December 14, 2016

-Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence Stephanie O'Sullivan - One request January 7, 2017

Some of those names you might recognize as people who , for more than three years , lied to you on the media about fake collusion between Russia and Trump , while , at the same time , could not come up with ANY evidence of that being true , while being questioned under oath.

Soon , Adam Schiff , Susan Rice , Sally Yates , James Comey and many others will start looking very bad , as well.
While idiots like those named above spent the first part of 2020 with a sham called Impeachment , Trump was concentrating on a major physical threat from China.
While idiots like those named above spent three years trying to remove a sitting president , the president was making strides in the economy , jobs , the military and civil rights.

While idiots like some on this forum spend years bashing people like me , and a few others on this forum , the fingers now point back at you.

Will you still defend the corrupt party you belong to ?
Will you continue to do so when further proof of your party's corruption is shown in coming weeks ?
Will you continue to look uninformed and keep wasting your time by trying to pin deaths in the USA on someone who tried to prevent them while you concentrated on a failed impeachment ?

Sadly , the answer is yes and you still wonder why people like me look at people like you as brainwashed sheeple.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:53 pm 

84,939 reasons so far, Pedro !
AND GOING UP AS I WRITE...

Go mow the lawn !

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

There's no worse crime than a leader who do nothing to protect his own people.

Pedro... you're an asshole !

... and as your source of infos ...

Last edited by Mij on Wed May 13, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:06 pm 

Up to 85,041 in what... 10 minutes ?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:56 pm 

Come on pedro you can read, the Muller Report found 10 acts of collusion but could not prove a conspiracy due to the 12 acts of obstruction, Flynn got caught working with the Russians (there is footage of him at the inauguration on the phone talking to the Russians about making a deal for them) and was a Foreign Agent for Turkey while the National Security Advisor, he lied to the FBI and plead guilty in open court that he lied, the judge even asked the prosecutors why they didn't charge him with Treason...Bill Barr is a disgrace to the justice system.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:03 pm 

You're wasting your time, Plook.
Pedro chose to be stupid.
We lost him and he lost himself.
He only wants to prove himself he's in the right.
He lost his reason in the process.
And he's desperate. He knows he can't justify Trump for all those Americans who died from Trump's incompetence.
PEDRO IS A SAD CASE OF WHERE BLIND PARTISANSHIP CAN LEAD YOU TO.
:P

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:36 pm 

All I can say is ,
There's plenty more to come.
Stay Tuned !

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 6:04 pm 

Laughing at all these deaths ?!?
You're more than asshole Pedro.
Sorry, I misjudged you. Brainless and. . . heartless

So, to cheer you up, the total of american deaths today is 1,772.
For a grand total of 85,197.
You should be happy. . . It's all "Trump made", your favorite brand.
Rejoice, poor cretin

:smoke:

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:10 pm 

I thought David Frum, former speechwriter for George W Bush, summed up Trump's latest attempt to distract from the pandemic best: “‘Obama-gate’ is basically Al Capone trying to indict the IRS for tax evasion."

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:59 am 

If someone is Dead how do they get a Death Penalty? :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 3:13 am 

Trump ramps up distraction tactics

As Covid-19 ravages the US, Trump reverts to Twitter to accuse rivals of felonies.

US President Donald Trump rages against foes as coronavirus spreads

Toluse Olorunnipa·12:20, May 13th 2020

On a day when coronavirus deaths passed 80,000 and top government scientists warned of the perils of loosening public health restrictions too soon, President Donald Trump used his massive public platform to suggest a talk-show host he has clashed with committed homicide.

His baseless charge capped a 48-hour stretch in which he accused scores of political opponents of criminal acts ranging from illegal espionage to election rigging.

Since writing "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY" at 8.10am on Sunday, Trump has used his Twitter account to make or elevate allegations of criminal conduct against no less than 20 individuals and organisations. Since Sunday, he has tweeted more often about alleged crimes by his opponents than he has about the pandemic ravaging the country with mass death and unemployment.

The list of alleged culprits Trump has charged include two television news hosts, a comedian, at least five former officials from the FBI and Justice Department, the state of California, a broadcast television station and at least five top national security officials from President Barack Obama's administration.

Trump tweeted multiple times about alleged criminal activity against him by Obama, but struggled to elaborate beyond his frequent references to "Obamagate."

"And if you look at what's gone on, and if you look at, now, all of this information that's being released," Trump said during a Rose Garden news conference Monday. "And from what I understand, that's only the beginning — some terrible things happened, and it should never be allowed to happen in our country again."

AP
Donald Trump is reverting to the familiar tactic of distraction as he faces the most significant challenge of his presidency, says Russell Riley, a presidential historian at the University of Virginia.

Pressed for specifics by a Washington Post reporter, Trump demurred.

"You know what the crime is. The crime is very obvious to everybody," he said. "All you have to do is read the newspapers, except yours."

Over the course of his presidency, Trump has responded to criticism of his performance or comments by suggesting or outright asserting that his critics are criminals. Trump, who campaigned for the White House by leading "Lock her up!" chants against his Democratic rival, is now reverting to a familiar political tactic as he faces the most significant challenge of his presidency, said Russell Riley, a presidential historian at the University of Virginia's Miller Centre of Public Affairs.

"He's using this as a means of distraction," he said. "As we've seen over the years, when the pressure on him gets turned up, there's an attempt to deflect attention onto his political opponents."

The president, who has developed a habit of watching cable news coverage at all hours of the day, lashed out against MSNBC anchor Joe Scarborough on Tuesday, insinuating that he should be prosecuted for murder.

When will they open a Cold Case on the Psycho Joe Scarborough matter in Florida. Did he get away with murder? Some people think so. Why did he leave Congress so quietly and quickly? Isn’t it obvious? What’s happening now? A total nut job!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 12, 2020

"When will they open a Cold Case on the Psycho Joe Scarborough matter in Florida. Did he get away with murder?" Trump wrote on Twitter at 6.54am. "Some people think so. Why did he leave Congress so quietly and quickly? Isn't it obvious? What's happening now? A total nut job!"

Trump's conspiratorial claim that Scarborough killed a congressional aide who died in 2001 has been debunked by The Post and other media outlets. But the president has expressed his frustration with Scarborough's "Morning Joe" show and its critical coverage by repeatedly floating the murder accusation. Scarborough, a contributing opinion columnist at The Post, responded to Trump's tweet on air, encouraging the president to "turn off the television" and renew his focus on the deadly pandemic.

The White House did not respond to requests for comment about Trump's claims that his political opponents are criminals.

It's far from the first time Trump has accused his foes of felonies. Throughout his administration, which has been filled with its own mix of scandals, investigations and guilty pleas, Trump has claimed that his enemies were the ones truly worthy of prosecution.

"The other side is where there are crimes," Trump said on April 9, 2018, the day news broke that the office of his personal lawyer Michael Cohen had been raided by the FBI. Cohen later pleaded guilty to several felonies including campaign finance violations, implicating Trump.

Trump responded by insinuating that investigators should prosecute Cohen's father-in-law, though he did not identify any crime.

Since taking office, Trump has casually accused people of treason, ranging from former FBI director James Comey to the American media. He has regularly accused people of perjury or mishandling classified information, usually without evidence. He has said former secretary of state John Kerry "should be prosecuted" for an alleged violation of the Logan Act, a rarely invoked law preventing private citizens from conducting diplomacy on behalf of the US government, due to his interactions with Iranian officials. Kerry has called Trump's allegation "another presidential lie."

When House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., ripped up Trump's State of the Union speech in February, Trump said the act of defiance was criminal in nature.

"First of all, it's an official document, you're not allowed, it's illegal what she did," Trump said. "She broke the law."

She didn't.

When House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., read an embellished version of a phone call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky during a congressional hearing in September, Trump suggested he should be arrested.

OBAMAGATE makes Watergate look small time!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 12, 2020

"Why isn't Congressman Adam B. Schiff being brought up on charges for fraudulently making up a statement and reading it to Congress as if this statement, which was very dishonest and bad for me, was directly made by the President of the United States? This should never be allowed!" the president wrote.

While most of Trump's accusations are not grounded in truth, they are regularly adopted in a conservative media ecosystem that has formed a symbiotic relationship with the president, said Nicole Hemmer, a scholar at Columbia University and author of "Messengers of the Right," about right-wing media.

That relationship — in which Trump uses his platform to amplify voices that had previously been relegated to the fringe of public discourse — has been beneficial to the president as he has faced his own set of criminal accusations, she said.

By elevating counterallegations against Trump's opponents, the president's allies have "the effect of making his alleged criminality seem less unusual or less important," Hemmer said.

Trump has been accused of many illegal activities and was impeached by the House for abuse of power and obstruction of Congress after he encouraged Ukraine's president to investigate former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter. The president was acquitted by the Senate. While Trump has denied wrongdoing, several of his aides and associates have pleaded guilty to numerous crimes.

In recent days, Trump has tried to shift attention from the twin economic and health-care crises, seizing on new revelations from the Justice Department that he claims are exculpatory for his administration. Trump and his allies have used the disclosures to try to make the case that a broad criminal conspiracy was launched against his presidency by a powerful cabal of government agents. Coverage of the decision by the Justice Department to drop charges against Trump's former national security adviser Mike Flynn has taken priority over the historic pandemic in some conservative media in recent days.

Trump, who has intently focused on the Flynn case, is leading the charge.

Trump has tweeted that top officials in the Obama administration perpetuated "the biggest political crime in American history, by far!" He has retweeted posts calling for a wide range of opponents to be "handcuffed and prosecuted," "indited," put "in prison" and left "sitting in a cell."

Trump's Mother's Day storm of tweets came as the death toll from coronavirus continued to climb. The president has called for reopening the country's economy, largely declaring victory against the virus and seeking to move on to other issues — including his re-election campaign.

But public health experts continue to warn that the complete focus of the federal government should be on stemming the spread of the virus, which has yet to be brought under control.

Testifying before the Senate health committee Tuesday, White House coronavirus task force member Anthony Fauci predicted that Americans would experience "suffering and death that could be avoided" and additional economic calamity if states ignore federal guidelines and reopen businesses too quickly. Several Republican senators on the committee said the United States needed to increase its testing capability to deal with the pandemic.

More than 81,000 Americans have died of covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, and more than 1.3 million have been infected. More than 30 million people have filed for unemployment benefits in recent weeks. Polling suggests most Americans disapprove of Trump's handling of the pandemic.

The devastation has not stopped Trump from launching criminal accusations against people who have criticised him. In recent days, he has targeted political opponents by amplifying allegations of sexual harassment, misuse of public airwaves and voter fraud.

Biden, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, said Trump's willingness to lob allegations of criminal wrongdoing by his political opponents is an attempt to distract.

"This is all about diversion. This is a game this guy plays all the time," Biden said in an interview with ABC's "Good Morning America" on Tuesday. "The country is in crisis. We're in an economic crisis, a health crisis. We're in real trouble. He should stop trying to always divert attention from the real concerns of the American people."

The Washington Post

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/ ... us-spreads

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 5:57 am 

In 2 minutes (for Pedro). . .
2-minute compilation of Trump LYING about the seriousness of coronavirus pandemic
https://www.facebook.com/1876828232546679/videos/518864822152923/

Poor Pedro ! Your man is an asshole too !!!

https://www.facebook.com/OccupyDemocrats/videos/trumps-coronavirus-calendar-of-shame-he-spent-weeks-lying-to-americans-about-the/651523978995432/

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 9:40 am 

pedro1 wrote:
All I can say is ,
There's plenty more to come.
Stay Tuned !

Is that you?
(which one?)
Of course i stay tuned - let me guess: you are wearing leopard?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15032 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 593, 594, 595, 596, 597, 598, 599 ... 602  Next