Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 7:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 582, 583, 584, 585, 586, 587, 588 ... 599  Next
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:00 pm 

Kevin Siers

Dave Whamond

Bart van Leeuwen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:24 pm 

Joep Bertrams

Adam Zyglis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:27 pm 

Trump threatens to hold WHO funding, then backtracks, amid search for scapegoat
David Smith
1 day ago

© Provided by The Guardian Photograph: REX/Shutterstock
Donald Trump hunted for a new scapegoat on Tuesday in an increasingly frantic attempt to shift blame for thousands of American deaths from the coronavirus, accusing the World Health Organization (WHO) of having “called it wrong” and being “China-centric”.

The US president contradicted himself within minutes, first vowing to put “a very powerful hold” on his government’s funding of the WHO, then insisting such a freeze was only under consideration.

Trump’s early inaction has come under renewed scrutiny in the past day after a New York Times report that Peter Navarro, Trump’s trade adviser, warned in a memo in late January that the virus could put millions of Americans at risk and cost trillions of dollars. Susan Rice, a former national security adviser, told the Washington Post that Trump’s missteps “cost tens of thousands of American lives”.

The president has repeatedly denied responsibility and sought to blame China, the Obama administration and the media. On Tuesday, with the US death toll exceeding 12,000, he unleashed a tirade at the WHO, even though it raised the alarm in January, after which he made statements downplaying it and comparing it to the common flu.

“They’ve been wrong about a lot of things,” Trump said at the daily White House coronavirus task force briefing. “And they had a lot of information early and they didn’t want to – they seemed to be very China centric” – implying that the WHO had toed the line of Beijing’s early efforts to minimise the scale of the outbreak.

Shaking his head peevishly, he added: “They called it wrong, they called it wrong. They missed the call. They could have called it months earlier. They would have known and they should have known and they probably did know. So we’ll be looking into that very carefully and we’re going to put a hold on money spent [sic] to the WHO.

“We’re going to put a very powerful hold on it and we’re going to see. It’s a great thing if it works but when they call every shot wrong, it’s not good.”

But soon after, Trump was asked if the middle of a pandemic was the time to suspend money for the WHO. “No, maybe not,” he replied, backtracking from his earlier remark. “I’m not saying I’m going to do it but we’re going to look at.”

A reporter interjected: “You did say that –”

Trump retorted: “No, I didn’t, I said we’re going to look at it. We’re going to investigate it, we’re going to look at it. But we will look at ending funding, yeah, because you know what, they called it wrong, and if you look back over the years even, everything seems to be very biased toward China. That’s not right.”

The WHO declared COVID-19 a public health emergency on 30 January, nearly a month before Trump tweeted, “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA”, and proclaimed, “One day – it’s like a miracle - it will disappear.” He eventually declared a national emergency on 13 March.

Trump has long been sceptical about multinational organisations. In its most recent budget proposal, in February, his administration requested a reduction of the American contribution to the WHO from an estimated $122.6m ($AUD 200m) to $57.9m ($AUD 94.5m)

On Tuesday, the president also played down January and February memos from Navarro, saying he had not seen them at the time but did “more or less” what his trade adviser suggested by imposing travel restrictions on China. (It was reported this week that nearly 40,000 people have flown from China to the US since the partial ban came into effect on 2 February.)

He would not have wanted to act prematurely, Trump added, when it was not clear how bad the situation would become. “I don’t want to create havoc and shock and everything else. I’m not going to go out and start screaming, ‘This could happen, this could happen.’ I’m a cheerleader for this country.”

© Provided by The Guardian Voters wait in line to cast their ballots in the Wisconsin presidential primary election. Photograph: Tannen Maury/EPA
Meanwhile, Wisconsin went ahead with an in-person primary election on Tuesday after Republicans and the US and state supreme courts blocked efforts to postpone it. Trump declined to criticise the move and claimed, without evidence, that mail-in voting is rife with fraud.

“Mail ballots are a very dangerous thing for this country because they’re cheaters,” he said. “They go and collect them, they’re fraudulent in many cases, you gotta vote … The mail ballots are corrupt in my opinion.”

When it was pointed out that Trump himself used a mail ballot to vote in last month’s Florida primary, he retorted: “Because I’m allowed to. That’s called out of state. You know why I voted? Because I happen to be in the White House and I won’t be able to go to Florida and vote.”

Research has found that voter fraud is virtually nonexistent. In the five states that have moved to an entirely vote-by-mail systems, there has been no evidence of widespread fraud. Sean Eldridge, the founder of the grassroots community organisation Stand Up America, said: “Trump’s baseless attacks on vote-by-mail are a pathetic attempt to suppress the vote in the middle of a national crisis. He is demanding that voters choose between protecting their health and participating in our democracy.”

He added: “Trump himself voted absentee in the last two elections. His comments tonight show he is a liar and a hypocrite. Congress must intervene now to provide states with the resources they need to implement mail-in voting, online registration, and expanded early voting.”

Evidence is also emerging that people of colour have been hit disproportionately hard by the virus for socioeconomic reasons and vulnerability due to underlying conditions. Black people make up a third of Louisiana’s population but around 70% of the state’s deaths.

Dr Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said the pandemic has shined “a bright light” on the racial disparities. “When all this is over, and as we’ve said, it will end, we will get over coronavirus, but there will still be health disparities, which we really do need to address in the African American community.”

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/tr ... id=BHEA000

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:51 pm 

WILL HE EVER SHUT UP !!!

NOBODY WITH A BIT OF BRAIN BELIEVES HIM ANYWAY.
HE HAS NO CLUE OF WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT !!!
WHEN CONFRONTED TO HIS OWN LIES, HE MAKES DIVERSION.
He even finds a way to contradict himself in the same speech.

Note: This post is NOT Pedro approved.

Hey, Pedro !!! Tomorrow USA will bear the highest deaths from COVID-19. Aren't you proud of your man ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:58 pm 

Now that Trump has his target let the election smoke and mirrors begin.....

Trump says Obama knows 'something that you don't know' about Biden
J. Edward Moreno
22 hrs ago

© Getty Images

President Trump raised questions about the Democratic Primary on Wednesday evening at a White House briefing, suggesting President Obama "knows something that you don't know."

"It does amaze me that President Obama has not supported Sleepy Joe. It just hasn't happened. When is it going to happen?" Trump said. "He knows something that you don't know. That I think I know. But you don't know."

President Trump on @BernieSanders: "He didn't really drop out. What about his delegates? I mean, he said he's going to keep his delegates. That's a weird deal... I don't know why President Obama hasn't supported @JoeBiden a long time ago, there's something he feels is wrong..."

- CSPAN (@cspan) April 8, 2020
Trump went on to say there's "a weird deal going on" in the party, pointing out that Sen. Bernie Sanders said he's keeping his delegates, a move the Vermont Independent made clear is meant to further his progressive platform during the nomination process.

"He didn't really drop out. What about his delegates?" Trump said. "I mean, he said he's going to keep his delegates. That's a weird deal going on."

Trump has tried to deepen division within the Democratic Party throughout the race. Soon after Sanders conceded, Trump tweeted "thank you" to the Vermont Independent's fellow left-wing senator and former opponent Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass), whom the president credited for Sanders's plumet.

"Bernie Sanders is OUT! Thank you to Elizabeth Warren. If not for her, Bernie would have won almost every state on Super Tuesday!" Trump tweeted. "This ended just like the Democrats & the DNC wanted, same as the Crooked Hillary fiasco. The Bernie people should come to the Republican Party, TRADE!"

Bernie Sanders is OUT! Thank you to Elizabeth Warren. If not for her, Bernie would have won almost every state on Super Tuesday! This ended just like the Democrats & the DNC wanted, same as the Crooked Hillary fiasco. The Bernie people should come to the Republican Party, TRADE!
- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 8, 2020

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/tr ... id=BHEA000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:42 am 

TRUMP IS A CRIMINAL
EVEN HIS SUPPORTERS NOW KNOW THAT

I think even Pedro would agree

Note: As usual, this post is NOT Pedro approved. He could not be found to give his opinion. Hard to find him among Trump supporters hiding their head in the sand !

Trump, you're gonna carry that weight a long time... ... ...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:38 pm 

Trump's Twitter feed is an unending source of amusement. Today he literally tweeted: "HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY TO ALL". :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:27 pm 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
Now that Trump has his target let the election smoke and mirrors begin.....

President Trump raised questions about the Democratic Primary on Wednesday evening at a White House briefing, suggesting President Obama "knows something that you don't know."

"It does amaze me that President Obama has not supported Sleepy Joe. It just hasn't happened. When is it going to happen?" Trump said. "He knows something that you don't know. That I think I know. But you don't know."
This is nonsense, of course. Barack Obama was honoring the tradition of staying neutral until the general election, not only because he believes in proper decorum (which he does), but also because he didn't want to dilute his influence by appearing to take sides.

Anyhow, everyone knows that the foundation of a Trump campaign is finding an enemy's Achilles heel and hitting them with it (for example, Hillary Clinton's e-mail servers). And, reading between the lines here, it looks like Trump's coming up basically empty with Biden. If the President had actual dirt on the former veep, he'd unleash it, instead of relying on silly suppositions that don't pass the smell test. And Trump's previous lines of attack are now somewhat perilous. Burisma never really landed, and bringing it up now risks reminding people of impeachment. Similarly, the Donald can try to attack Biden for losing his train of thought, and may well do so, but that also highlights the President's own rambling.

And so, it looks like Trump is left with conspiracy theories, which served him well during his initial rise to power (e.g., Obama's birth certificate). The problem here, to be very blunt, is that Americans are considerably more willing to buy into conspiracy theories centered on a young, previously unknown black man with a foreign-sounding name than they are conspiracy theories centered on a white man in his seventies who has been around for half a century and has a name that's about as European as it gets.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/09/politics/barack-obama-joe-biden-donald-trump/index.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:09 pm 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/04/10/poli ... index.html

"But sometime in the last three weeks Mr. Trump seems to have concluded that the briefings could be a showcase for him. Perhaps they substitute in his mind for the campaign rallies he can no longer hold because of the risks. Perhaps he resented the media adulation that New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has been receiving for his daily show. Whatever the reason, the briefings are now all about the President."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:40 pm 

Unless you're an idiot, and really dig dying from COVID-19, you hate Trump.
There's absolutely nothing good coming from Trump.
The most self-centered narcissic leader on Earth.

HOW HE SEES HIMSELF

Pity the fools who fall for that !
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Note: This post is NOT Pedro approved, heh heh...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:43 am 

2108 deaths in one day.
A new World record !
Another number One for Mr.President. . .
:P

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:23 am 

ANOTHER NUMBER ONE FOR TRUMP !!!

I just had a look today, at 13h00, and it was
USA 19833 deaths
ITALY 19468 deaths

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

USA is the country that has the more deaths among all all countries affected by COVID-19

I can imagine how Trump must be proud.
In the same week, number one in ratings, number one in number of death in one day, number one in total of deaths

THAT'S A LOT OF NUMBER ONE

And the near half of all those deaths in New York State, which is a Democrat State.
Not counting all other democrats who died in every other states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGPuwGnYjm4

A good week for Trump and his never-ending love affair with himself !

Note: Although this post is NOT Pedro approved you can imagine how he's proud of his President

Just to reassure those with a weak mind... this post is TOTALLY IRONIC. Of course, I don't rejoice in American deaths.
You must now realize (if you're not completely imbecile) that how Trump manage this crisis is the reason why you have so many deaths from COVID-19. I'm from Canada. And he's our neighboor. Our irresponsible incompetent neighboor.
Elect a clown, expect a circus they said. You're deep down in it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:31 am 

Let's have a laugh at Trump's expenses

A THOUGHT FOR MY FRIEND PEDRO. . .

Frank once said "America drinks and goes Home"

I know, I know... they don't like being called that. . .

One last for the road. . .

As usual. . . NOT Pedro approved

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:34 pm 

The Trump fans have been unusually quiet on here recently.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:41 pm 

MOOP wrote:
The Trump fans have been unusually quiet on here recently.
They went to church.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:57 pm 

Coronavirus: Trump leaves trail of unmet promises in Covid-19 response
CALVIN WOODWARD·03:10, April 12th, 2020.

For several months, US President Donald Trump and his officials have cast a fog of promises meant to reassure a country in the throes of the coronavirus pandemic. Trump and his team haven't delivered on critical ones.

They talk numbers. Bewildering numbers about masks on the way. About tests being taken. About ships sailing to the rescue, breathing machines being built and shipped, field hospitals popping up, aircraft laden with supplies from abroad, dollars flowing to crippled businesses.

Piercing that fog is the bottom-line reality that Americans are going without the medical supplies and much of the financial help they most need from the government at the very time they need it most - and were told they would have it.

The US now is at or near the height of COVID-19 sickness and death, experts believe.
There's no question that on major fronts - masks, gowns, diagnostic tests, ventilators and more - the federal government is pushing hard now to get up to speed. Impressive numbers are being floated for equipment and testing procedures in the pipeline.

But in large measure they will arrive on the down slope of the pandemic, putting the US in a better position should the same virus strike again but landing too late for this outbreak's lethal curve.

Concerning ventilators, for example, Trump recently allowed: "A lot of them will be coming at a time when we won't need them as badly."

EVAN VUCCI/AP
US President Donald Trump initially downplayed the threat posed by the coronavirus.

Two weeks ago, Trump brought word of an innovative diagnostic test that can produce results in minutes instead of days or a week. The US testing system, key to containing the spread of infection, has been a failure in the crunch, as public health authorities (but never Trump) acknowledged in March. The rapid test could help change that.

Like other glimmers of hope that may or may not come to something, Trump held out these tests as a "whole new ballgame." The new machines and testing cartridges are being sent across the country, and may well hold promise. But they are not ready for actual use in large numbers.

New Hampshire, for one, received 15 rapid-test machines but 120 cartridges instead of the 1500 expected. Only two machines can be used. "I'm banging my head against the wall, I really am,'' Republican Governor Chris Sununu said Wednesday. "We're going to keep pushing on Washington multiple times a day to get what we need.''

False starts and dead ends are inevitable in any crisis, especially one driven by a virus never seen before. By its nature, a crisis means we're not on top of it. Desperation is the mother of invention here and officials worldwide are winging it, many more successfully than in the US.

But bold promises and florid assurances were made, day after day, from the White House and a zigzagging president who minimised the danger for months and systematically exaggerates what Washington is doing about it.

"We're getting them tremendous amounts of supplies,'' he said of health care workers. "Incredible. It's a beautiful thing to watch.'' This was when Americans were watching something else entirely - doctors wearing garbage bags for makeshift protection.

Carlos Osorio/AP
The US has struggled to test everyone they need to test.

Masks, Gloves, Gowns

In hospitals, masks, gloves and other protective garb come with the territory. But doctors, nurses, flight attendants and other front-line workers have had to go begging for such basics, even before public health leaders flipped and recommended facial coverings for everyone outside the home.

The mere scale of the pandemic stretched supplies even in better prepared countries. Yet the enduring shortages in the US are not just from a lack of foresight, but also from hesitancy as the pandemic started to sicken and kill Americans.

It was not until mid-March, when some hospitals were already treating thousands of infected patients without enough equipment and pleading for help, that the government placed bulk orders for N95 masks and other basic necessities of medical care for its stockpile, The Associated Press reported. Washington dithered on supplies for two months after global alarm bells rang about a coming pandemic in January.

And the Strategic National Stockpile, it turns out, is not the supply fortress you might have thought from its formidable name.

It maxed out days ago, before the pandemic's peak in the US, and never filled its purpose of plugging the most essential and immediate gaps in supplies, though it helped. This past week officials said the stockpile was 90 per cent depleted of its protective equipment, with the remainder to be held back for federal employees only.

Some shipments to states were deficient. The wrong masks were sent to Illinois in a load of 300,000. Michigan got only half of the number that was supposed to be in a shipment of 450,000. When he was trying to get 10,000 ventilators in late March, Democratic Governor Gavin Newsom of California said he received 170 broken ones from the national stockpile as well as good ones.

When officials in Alabama opened a shipment of medical masks from the stockpile, they found more than 5000 with rot. They had expired in 2010, officials in the state said, yet been left in place first by the Obama administration and then the Trump administration.

When it became clear that critical shortages weren't being solved, the self-styled "wartime president," who had gone to Norfolk, Virginia, to send off the USS Comfort Navy hospital ship to New York City, blamed the states and declared the federal government isn't a "shipping clerk.''

Tests

"Anybody that needs a test, gets a test," Trump said on March 6. "They have the tests. And the tests are beautiful.'' He said the same day: "Anybody that wants a test can get a test.''

Whether it's a case of needing a test or only wanting one, his assurance was not true then, it's not true now and it won't be true any time soon.

The greatly expanding but still vastly insufficient capacity to test people is steered mostly to those who are already sick or to essential workers at the most risk of exposure.

If you're sick with presumed COVID-19 but riding it out at home, chances are you haven't been tested. If you worry that you've been exposed and might be carrying and spreading the virus but so far feel fine, you're generally off the radar as well.

Evan Vucci/AP
President Donald Trump listens as Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Dr. Anthony Fauci speaks during a coronavirus task force briefing at the White House.

Trump tries to assure people who need to fly that passengers are tested getting on and off flights. He is wrong. Instead, some major airports do screenings, which means asking passengers questions and checking their temperature, not swabbing their nasal passages to find out for sure.

Many people with the virus will never get sick from it. Others who have it will get sick eventually. Both groups are contagious. But there is no capacity in the days of greatest danger to test apparently healthy people in large numbers, so precautionary distancing remains the best defense, like in ancient times.

Within three weeks of China's New Year's Eve notification to global health authorities about a mysterious cluster of pneumonia cases, China had sequenced the genetic makeup of the virus, German scientists had developed a test for detecting it and the World Health Organisation had adopted the test and was moving toward global distribution.

Ten days behind, officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention bypassed the WHO test and sponsored their own, which was flawed out of the gate. Trump said the WHO test was flawed, but it wasn't.

Precious time was lost as the US test was corrected, distributed narrowly, then more broadly but still not up to par with the countries most on top of the crisis. Testing most lagged during the critical month of February as the virus took root in the US population.

Germany, in contrast, raced ahead with aggressive testing of a broad segment of the population when it had fewer than 10 cases in January. It has experienced far fewer deaths proportionally than the United States.

"There were many, many opportunities not to end up where we are,'' Dr Ashish K Jha, director of the Global Health Institute at Harvard, told AP.

Trump told Americans on March 13 that a division of Google's parent company was coming out with a website that would let people determine online if they should get a test and, if so, swing by a nearby place to get one, a notable shortcut in theory. But a game-changer in practice?

"It's going to be very quickly done,'' he said. The website is up but operational in just four California counties. Drive-through sites that he promised would expedite testing were plagued with shortages and delays in state after state, such that many people with symptoms and a doctor's order were turned away.

Ventilators

Trump dusted off the Defense Production Act, empowering him to order manufacturers and shippers to make and deliver what the country needs in the crisis. His move raised expectations that a new wave of emergency supplies generally and ventilators in particular could come to the aid of patients and the people looking after them. He and his advisers inflated those hopes.

Under the president's "vigorous, swift'' order to General Motors, said Peter Navarro, White House point man on the emergency supply chain, new ventilators would be ready in "Trump time, which is to say as fast as possible.''

Yet Trump has held off on using his full powers under the act to command production from private companies. A presidential directive to GM on ventilator manufacturing essentially told the company to do what it was already doing.

While most people get better from COVID-19 without needing medical care, the sickest cannot breathe without a ventilator bridging them to recovery. The ventilator shortfall has been the most frightening deficiency as more people get infected and die by the hour. In the current chaos, the size of the shortfall nationally is not known.

In the absence of what they regard as dependable federal leadership, several states formed a supply consortium to coordinate purchases and boost their buying power. The federal government has pitched in with states and private companies to spur supplies, though not exactly in an atmosphere of trust.

Governors accuse Washington of shortchanging states on machines. Washington accuses some of them of trying to build an unreasonable cushion that deprives other, more desperate states.

According to the scientific model most favored by federal authorities, the country probably needs nearly 17,000 ventilators to be operating for COVID-19 patients alone at the pandemic's peak, right about now, a figure that exceeds 35,000 under a worst-case scenario.

"We have over 100,000 being built right now or soon to be started,'' Trump said a week ago. He acknowledged they won't come in time.

Where's the money?

"This will deliver urgently needed relief,'' Trump said in signing an economic rescue package into law. The need may be urgent but the delivery hasn't been.

More than two weeks later, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said with some exaggeration, but not much, that "no money has gone out the door yet.''

Because of the bureaucracy.

Because of website glitches.

Because of confusion among lenders with the money to farm out and among those who need it to keep their businesses afloat.

So much for Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin's prediction that loans could be turned around and money transferred to businesses' bank accounts the same day applications were received.

Yet because of the flood of pending loans, Congress is already having to find more money for subsidies to help businesses cover payroll. Only a tiny fraction of loans has been released.

Meantime state officials are slammed as they try to administer jobless benefits that Washington expanded and is paying for but having states try to manage.

Frustration with the virus package is going viral.

In Portland, Maine, a furloughed orthopedic medical assistant, Margaret Heath Carignan, called the unemployment office on a day set aside for people with surnames starting with A through H. And called and called. Altogether, she said, 291 times before she gave up.

AP

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/ ... 9-response

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:30 pm 

Mij wrote:
ANOTHER NUMBER ONE FOR TRUMP !!!

I just had a look today, at 13h00, and it was
USA 19833 deaths
ITALY 19468 deaths

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

USA is the country that has the more deaths among all all countries affected by COVID-19

I can imagine how Trump must be proud.
In the same week, number one in ratings, number one in number of death in one day, number one in total of deaths

THAT'S A LOT OF NUMBER ONE

And the near half of all those deaths in New York State, which is a Democrat State.
Not counting all other democrats who died in every other states.

United States is about 33 times bigger than Italy.
the population of Italy is 62.1 million people (264.5 million more people live in United States

Only deranged idiots can't understand what those facts mean.

Mij wrote:

So if the USA just passed Italy by 400 deaths , no other countries have deaths ??

Question for the TDS sufferers here.
Knowing that this is a new virus that has never plagued the globe before , who would have done better than what the current administration has done ?
Please include a timeline with your response so that we can have a comparison between Trump and the person you have chosen that , in your opinion , would have done better.

I'll be munching some snacks while I wait for some fact based answers.
:smoke:

Last edited by pedro1 on Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:53 pm 

- Trump had plenty of time to prepare, much more than Italy had
- Trump may have used past experience of Obama with the H1N1 previous disease (Hell no, his hate blinded him)
- Trump never ceases to diminished and ridiculed the disease, letting folks think that it was a common flu, and they didn't care, helping spread it
- Trump absence of reactions put USA in the state he is right now. It his own decision. In Quebec, our PM Legault was quick to react.
(but in Canada, Trudeau was a failure, we'll agree on that - another reason for wanting our own sovereignty)
- No matter what, USA had zero death at the beginning of this crisis. Now they're number ONE
- And they'll be number ONE for a long time.

THOSE ARE ALL FACTS. BUT YOU WON'T HEAR ABOUT IT ON FOX NEWS I GUESS !

Since there is 5,26 times more people in USA than in Italy, let's wait till that pandemic is over
Then, we'll multiply the number of deaths of Italy that toll.
Right now, it would reach 102402, which is way under what Trump predicted as a triumph (up to 240000).
For now, Italy seems to be on the way out. Not the case in USA. I fear you have to prepare for worst

Listen, little Pedro, it's not my fault if you chose to be stupid !
Frank warned us about crooked politicians and liars. You didn't listen ?
:shock:

Note: Pedro is not happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:17 pm 

Trump enacted travel restrictions on January 31 . the same day that Italy did.

The H1N1 virus is somewhat comparable to Covid 19 but specific vaccines need to be formulated for each , as in most viruses.

The USA may be number 1 because of it's size and population, but only idiots like you fail to understand that.

Europe has a population of around 738 million. ( Many Countries in Europe )
There have been 70,000 deaths in Europe (RIP).

USA has a population of around 329 million.
Around 21000 Deaths. (RIP)

Next ? ( with credible facts if possible )

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:40 pm 

pedro1 wrote:
Trump enacted travel restrictions on January 31 . the same day that Italy did.

The H1N1 virus is somewhat comparable to Covid 19 but specific vaccines need to be formulated for each , as in most viruses.

The USA may be number 1 because of it's size and population, but only idiots like you fail to understand that.

Europe has a population of around 738 million. ( Many Countries in Europe )
There have been 70,000 deaths in Europe (RIP).

USA has a population of around 329 million.
Around 21000 Deaths. (RIP)

Next ? ( with credible facts if possible )

It needed way more than just travel restrictions. In our case, Trudeau was too slow to understand it and we feel the effects.
The H1N1 viruses should have taught Trump about the urgency to react and the need to let American be aware of the danger.
USA is number ONE because of Trump, not because of his population. Some countries acted sooner and are doing better.
USA has more or less 20% of the total deaths There's more than 200 countries and territories affected for the rest.
Do your math. USA is in trouble.

A vaccine may take a year or two to be available. In the meantime, Trump fooled people with miracle cures. Hey ! We're not in Tommy's Opera.

You want so bad your Trump man to be a good leader. You're blinding yourself.
Trump supporters and their hate of Democrats will cost thousands of American lives.
Cause, all in all, it all started with hate, don't you think ?
:smoke:

You'll never admit it, but your man failed.

Note: Pedro is trying to find justifications, Stay tuned...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:53 am 

Mij wrote:

It needed way more than just travel restrictions. In our case, Trudeau was too slow to understand it and we feel the effects.
The H1N1 viruses should have taught Trump about the urgency to react and the need to let American be aware of the danger.

Why was Trudeau so slow ?
The H1N1 was worldwide so why wasn't Trudeau taught about the urgency to react ??
You mean that you have a leader just as bad as Trump and that Canada should have done more to protect America ??

Your excuses are as lame as you are Midjet.

Back to the question that you can't answer :

Knowing that this is a new virus that has never plagued the globe before , who would have done better than what the current administration has done ?
Please include a timeline with your response so that we can have a comparison between Trump and the person you have chosen that , in your opinion , would have done better

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:46 am 

pedro1 wrote:
Mij wrote:

Why was Trudeau so slow ?
The H1N1 was worldwide so why wasn't Trudeau taught about the urgency to react ??
You mean that you have a leader just as bad as Trump and that Canada should have done more to protect America ??

Your excuses are as lame as you are Midjet.

Back to the question that you can't answer :

Please include a timeline with your response so that we can have a comparison between Trump and the person you have chosen that , in your opinion , would have done better

At the game of being stupid, you're a Master !

Trudeau was bad as Trump was but not to the extremes Trump was (and still is). Trudeau's wife was in confinment during the time it took him to awake. She got the COVID-19, so I guess Trudeau had something to think about WHILE leading the country.
As you can see, all the while, he was alone at the mic. No contacts, no handshakes.
Not that I want to excuse him but his situation was not the same as incompetent Trump sitting on his ass and playing King.
You don't have to be a genius, not even a "STABLE GENIUS" to get a wake-up call when you hear there's a pandemic coming.
Trudeau was slow, right, but Trump was stalled.
Canada's numbers, as the ratio goes, is far from being as bad as USA. We took it seriously long before Trump.
Countries that did does better now.

So, you want persons who did better than Trump, do some math.
Take Germany as an example.
USA has about 4,25 times more cases than Germany. To reach the USA level, they should, by now, have 12,274 deaths. They have 2,886.
USA has about 23 times more cases than Canada. To reach USA level, we should, by now, have 15019 deaths. We have only 653.

There's plenty more. Don't be lazy, I won't do the whole calculus for you.

You chose to be stupid, I can't help it.
You support a dangerous incompetent who, to add to his pile of horrible things he said and done, doesn't want to take any
responsibility of his own incompetence.
You like the situation ? You must do since you never put a single blame on Trump.
So, die if you want to, innocent puppet ! Keep smiling while doing it

Partisanship can make a folk so stupid he can't even see what's before his own very eyes

Note: Stay tuned. Pedro is trying to find excuses for lame Trump. Should be fun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:20 am 

Mij wrote:
USA has about 4,25 times more cases than Germany. To reach the USA level, they should, by now, have 12,274 deaths. They have 2,886.
USA has about 23 times more cases than Canada. To reach USA level, we should, by now, have 15019 deaths. We have only 653.

Once again , you're trying to equate a smaller vs larger country in both size and population.

United States is about 28 times bigger than Germany.
Germany is approximately 357,022 sq km, while United States is approximately 9,833,517 sq km, making United States 2,654% larger than Germany. Meanwhile, the population of Germany is ~80.6 million people (246.0 million more people live in United States).

Only Italy and Australia preceded the United States in imposing travel restrictions — though they were announced the same day — while India and Indonesia also imposed restrictions effective Feb. 2. Saudi Arabia and Turkey followed within days, as well as South Korea with a ban on travel from Hubei province. Russia imposed a rolling series of bans by Feb. 20 and, as noted, Japan took smaller steps early on but did not have a full ban on foreign nationals until April 3. South Africa on March 18 imposed a ban on foreigners who had visited high-risk countries such as China. Seven G-20 members, including the United Kingdom, Canada and France, took no steps to block travel from China.

You are also failing to include the fact that many more people traveled from China to the USA than had traveled to Canada. ( or Germany )

Thanks for playing.
Next ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:17 pm 

I'm shocked. Really ? There are still people out there, who think Trump knows what is going on ? He denied the crisis. Didn't he ? We are all doomed. And not because of Covid-19.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:20 pm 

pedro1 wrote:
Mij wrote:

Once again , you're trying to equate a smaller vs larger country in both size and population.

United States is about 28 times bigger than Germany.
Germany is approximately 357,022 sq km, while United States is approximately 9,833,517 sq km, making United States 2,654% larger than Germany. Meanwhile, the population of Germany is ~80.6 million people (246.0 million more people live in United States).

Only Italy and Australia preceded the United States in imposing travel restrictions — though they were announced the same day — while India and Indonesia also imposed restrictions effective Feb. 2. Saudi Arabia and Turkey followed within days, as well as South Korea with a ban on travel from Hubei province. Russia imposed a rolling series of bans by Feb. 20 and, as noted, Japan took smaller steps early on but did not have a full ban on foreign nationals until April 3. South Africa on March 18 imposed a ban on foreigners who had visited high-risk countries such as China. Seven G-20 members, including the United Kingdom, Canada and France, took no steps to block travel from China.

You are also failing to include the fact that many more people traveled from China to the USA than had traveled to Canada. ( or Germany )

Thanks for playing.
Next ?

OK, let's take Canada, which, is larger than USA, right ?
(find yourself an Atlas)
Canada has about 8,5 times less population
So, instead of 23,318 cases, we should have 23,318 X 8,5 = 198,203
We're far from the 535,173 of USA

And China is way bigger than USA. How come they don't have much more cases.
(hint: they took it seriously from the start, contrary to you know who)

And travel ban IS NOT the only thing you should consider.
Telling folks the truth (impossible for Trump as you know) so they can be aware of the danger to come
Closing Economy to prevent spreading (impossible for Trump as you know)
Closing schools and churches
Telling folks to stay home, specially those over a certain age.
Keeping a safe distance from each other.
Banning reunions, gathering of people.

Trump just impose a travel ban and you're thinking "he's the Messiah".
He did nothing of the rest except when he felt he had no choice, under peer pressure.
He was obsessed with his fucking Economy.
He wanted to restart it by Easter. Everybody knew it was a stupid idea.
For Trump, Money matters more than life, even your own, little stupid blinded follower.
Of all the leaders on this planet, he's been the worst when it comes to COVID-19.
Worldwide, only Trump supporters don't see it.

I'll give you one point... Trudeau was way too slow to put a ban on travel and our border.
For that, he's no better than Trump.

You want SO BADLY Trump to appear as a good President, you're losing your fucking common sense Pedro !
:P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 582, 583, 584, 585, 586, 587, 588 ... 599  Next