Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 576, 577, 578, 579, 580, 581, 582 ... 584  Next
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:04 am 

Hajo de Reijger

Tom Toles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:45 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
Agreed. Especially when there are morons here who blame the current economic recession (hopefully it's only temporary?) on anything but the Chinese coronavirus.

Also, it's worth pointing out, that since Trump nixed travel to and from China almost immediately after the first case hit US shores in late January, he should have been given a lot of credit but almost none was given. Especially considering if he hadn't done that, it would've been way worse...

Ah, so saying things like...

Feb. 7 (tweet): ”… as the weather starts to warm & the virus hopefully becomes weaker, and then gone.”

Feb. 10: “I think the virus is going to be — it’s going to be fine.”

Feb. 14: “We have a very small number of people in the country, right now, with it. It’s like around 12. Many of them are getting better. Some are fully recovered already. So we’re in very good shape.”

Feb. 19: “I think it’s going to work out fine. I think when we get into April, in the warmer weather, that has a very negative effect on that and that type of a virus. So let’s see what happens, but I think it’s going to work out fine.”

Feb. 24 (tweet): “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. … Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

Feb. 25: “You may ask about the coronavirus, which is very well under control in our country. We have very few people with it, and the people that have it are … getting better. They’re all getting better. … As far as what we’re doing with the new virus, I think that we’re doing a great job.”

Feb. 26: “Because of all we’ve done, the risk to the American people remains very low. … When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero. That’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

Feb. 28: “I think it’s really going well. … We’re prepared for the worst, but we think we’re going to be very fortunate.”

Feb. 28: “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

Feb. 28: “This is their new hoax.”

March 4: “Some people will have this at a very light level and won’t even go to a doctor or hospital, and they’ll get better. There are many people like that.”

March 9 (tweet): “So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!”

March 10: “And it hit the world. And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”

March 11: “I think we’re going to get through it very well.”

March 12: “It’s going to go away. ... The United States, because of what I did and what the administration did with China, we have 32 deaths at this point … when you look at the kind of numbers that you’re seeing coming out of other countries, it’s pretty amazing when you think of it.”

March 15: “This is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible. But it’s something that we have tremendous control over.”

...has, under the current circumstances, had absolutely no effect on the stock market's confidence at all.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:07 am 

pedro1 wrote:
If I were to be paid , they would expect me to troll and post a lot of uneducated misinformation in the style of memes , bumper stickers and slogans bent on the perception that those things could change some idiots mind.
Know anybody like that ?

So you admit you have an idiot mind !
:smoke:

Surely you should read your post before posting it !
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Notice: My posts are not pedro approved

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:28 am 

In a fair trial, he would be in jail right now. . .

This post is not Pedro approved

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:25 am 

I want to see pedro stand on his hind legs and bark some more about logic, hahaha. Btw, I don't think the GOP pays him. Not in money anyway, though I don't doubt they offer him treats.
Also, good to see DB admitting the recession, although he is obviously still choking on it trying to find someone other than trump to blame it on.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:39 am 

I just read that USA is the third country affected by COVID-19, just after China and Italy.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

And we're talking here about an whole ocean that seperate USA from CHINA !!!

Should Americans thank Trump, the "STABLE GENIUS" who put his faith in himself, an ignorant asshole, instead of
all the medical ressources that sounded the alarm worldwide ?

If Americans are stupid enough to re-elect that dumbass, so be it.
Sorry for the good ones (and they're still a lot of them, in fact a majority), but there will be less stupid Americans on Earth.

Here, we're trying our best to protect ourselves in Quebec.
If it wasn't for that stupid Trudeau we would do better.
Airport control and frontier were under his responsilbilty.
Another stupid leader.

When is the shortage of incompetent leaders due ???
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

That post is not Pedro approved

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:00 am 

Tom Toles

Schot

David Horsey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:47 pm 

Shit for brains is saying he may drop restrictions (not sure he can) after the 15 day period (that he never implemented) ends because the cure for the pandemic may be worse than letting it run its course... :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:52 pm 

Sure, what does he know ?
Hey, a climatosceptic narcissic self-adoring ignorant advice is way better than all the scientists warnings in the World !

Hey, Pedro, do you approve ?
I'm sure you do !

Love is not only blind, it can kill sometime !
:P :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:31 pm 

Here's how you Dems want to get a handle on the Corona Virus :

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi introduced her own emergency coronavirus stimulus bill on Monday, leading furious Republicans to argue that much of the proposal contained a progressive wishlist seemingly unrelated to the crisis -- including one provision that amounts to a resurrection of the notorious "Obamaphone" program, GOP officials said.

The bill proposed by Pelosi, D-Calif., additionally seeks to eliminate debt held by the U.S. Postal Service, require same-day voter registration, pay off $10,000 in student debt per person, mandate that airlines reduce their overall emissions by 50 percent by 2050, and force federal agencies to explain to Congress how they are increasing their usage of "minority banks."

And, the legislation would provide for the automatic extension of nonimmigrant visas and restrict colleges from providing information about citizenship status

A 2017 report from the Government Accountability Office (GAO) claimed that the "Obamaphone" program, which gave cell phones to poor people, stashed $9 billion in private bank accounts and was "rife with fraud," the Washington Times reported at the time.

People are dying while all you ' progressive ' fucks look for ways to increase your voter base and power.

You should be ashamed .
I'm sure FZ would be.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:47 pm 

pedro1 wrote:
I'm sure FZ would be.
Yeah - 'cause you guys were such great pals. :mrgreen:

Terry Mosher

Last edited by Mr. Nice Guy on Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:49 pm 

pedro1 wrote:
People are dying while all you ' progressive ' fucks look for ways to increase your voter base and power.

Exactly what Trump is doing !
Bulleyes !

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:29 pm 

pedro1 wrote:
Here's how you Dems want to get a handle on the Corona Virus...

The truth is they will not let it pass with a half trillion bail out for big banks and corporations without strict guidelines and to allow vote by mail since there is a possibility the virus could cause issues with the election and they want to be sure every vote gets cast and counted...all that other stuff is fairy tail poop... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:37 pm 

Just a reminder…

Note: this post is not Pedro approved

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:06 pm 

“Anybody that wants a test [for the coronavirus] can get a test.” - Donald Trump, 6 March 2020

My next door neighbor is a doctor. She works at the local urgent care clinic. She's seen numerous patients that she thought might be infected with the corona virus, but she hasn't sent a single person to be tested.

This isn't by her choice: she isn't allowed to send anyone for testing. The closest she can do is to recommend that a patient be admitted to the local hospital. If that recommendation is approved and the patient is admitted, then another doctor can recommend that the patient be tested.

As always, Trump is just lying and lying.

And lying and lying and lying.

And lying and lying.

And lying...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:45 am 

Aside from Trump and politics, you would test all for flu first. A patient with flu positive and fever is unlikely to have coronavirus. Aside from that you would send only 55 and older patients for coronavirus test, as the death rate goes up. People under 50 you send home to suffer. Even with coronavirus, their lung capacjty is better.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:00 am 

Tero wrote:
Aside from Trump and politics, you would test all for flu first. A patient with flu positive and fever is unlikely to have coronavirus. Aside from that you would send only 55 and older patients for coronavirus test, as the death rate goes up. People under 50 you send home to suffer. Even with coronavirus, their lung capacjty is better.

As in "screw the 2% of kids that do actually get very ill" together with all the under 55s who do end up on intensive care? It's not insensitive care.

The most interesting bridge games tend to be the no trump games...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:51 am 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
As always, Trump is just lying and lying.

And lying and lying and lying.

And lying and lying.

And lying...

And Trump supporters are getting more stupid, and more stupid, and more stupid. . .
In a near future we'll need to water them.
:P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:57 am 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:02 pm 

OLDIES BUT GOLDIES !!!
They still stand as true

Note: This post is not Pedro approved !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:13 pm 

pedro1 wrote:

You should be ashamed .
I'm sure FZ would be.

My dear Pedro - do you really think that Trump is concerned with anything else than retaining power and his own personal fortune?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... 1585005730

"Our people want to return to work. They will practice Social Distancing and all else, and Seniors will be watched over protectively & lovingly. We can do two things together. THE CURE CANNOT BE WORSE (by far) THAN THE PROBLEM! Congress MUST ACT NOW. We will come back strong!" (Trump, Twitter 03/24)

...good luck with that one. :|

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:57 am 

Coronavirus: US President Donald Trump's briefings a 'hallucinogenic dreamscape'
Matthew Knott·16:55, March 25th, 2020

OPINION: When the White House began regular coronavirus briefings last month, they were sedate affairs. Vice-President Mike Pence was in charge, with public health officials such as Anthony Fauci playing leading roles.

The focus was on communicating important facts – how many cases had been recorded, where they were located – and offering Americans practical tips about preventing the spread of the virus.

But, like so much else in American life in recent weeks, the briefings have completely changed. Bit by bit, they have morphed into prime-time presidential open mic sessions that can now last up to two hours.

Deprived of the ability to appear at his campaign rallies, Trump uses the briefings to dominate the airwaves and ensure he remains the centre of national attention.

Alex Brandon/AP
US President Donald Trump's coronavirus briefings have attracted daily audiences of 8 million viewers.

The briefings have attracted daily audiences of 8 million viewers at a time on cable television, as well as airing on the big three free-to-air stations.

As the briefing on Monday (Tuesday NZ time) stretched beyond an hour, Trump asked if the press had any final questions for the officials standing beside him so they could return to their work. The President himself was happy to keep going.

"At least you will say that I'm very transparent," he said. "I think you're going to have a hard time saying 'he is not transparent'."

Trump's briefings have become so long that cable TV networks have started cutting them off at the halfway mark. And they are so full of questionable or false information that some prominent media figures are calling for them not to be broadcast at all.

"It's going to cost lives," MSNBC host Rachel Maddow said last week after Trump spruiked the potential use of anti-malaria medications to treat the virus.

Trump's briefing on Tuesday was a snappy half-hour, but it followed an hour-long session earlier in the day on a Fox News coronavirus special.

This week's media appearances have felt as if they have been beamed in from an alternative universe, a hallucinogenic dreamscape that bears little resemblance to the lived reality in much of America and the rest of the world.

Trump has now abandoned the serious and sober tone he struck when speaking about the pandemic last week. He is no longer acknowledging that the crisis will last for many months. He no longer says saving lives must take precedence over the economy.

Patrick Semansky/AP
Dr Anthony Fauci, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, at a media briefing with President Trump on March 21.

"We lose thousands and thousands of people a year to the flu," Trump said during the Fox News town hall. "We don't turn the country off."

He said he wanted to have the economy "opened up and just raring to go" again by Easter, less than three weeks away.

In short, Trump appears to have become bored by the pandemic. His administration's social distancing guidelines have only been in place for a week, yet he is already flirting with ditching them or watering them down.

Based on Trump's optimistic rhetoric you could think Americans' worst coronavirus days were behind them. Instead, according to the current projections, they are just around the corner.

As Trump was favourably comparing the risk of coronavirus to the regular flu, The New York Times published an opinion article by bioethicist and oncologist Ezekiel Emanuel warning: "If the United States fails to act decisively now, it will follow Italy's course or, worse, that of Iran, and recovery may take a decade or more with extraordinary levels of death and dislocation."

According to the World Health Organisation, 40 per cent of the world's new coronavirus cases are in the US and it could soon become the epicentre of the pandemic. Thousands of new cases and hundreds of deaths are being announced every day.

Yet on Tuesday Trump said he can see "light at the end of the tunnel" and that the US is "near the end of our historic battle" with the virus.

As Trump was speaking excitedly about reopening the US economy, the mayor of Washington was a few blocks away announcing the indefinite closure of all non-essential businesses in the national capital.

"We have virtually shut down economic activity in our city," she said.

The previous day, the Republican Governor of Indiana issued an order for his state's residents to stay at home.

"I'm telling you, the next two weeks are critical," he said.

Almost half of all Americans – approximately 160 million people – are now under some form of stay-at-home order.

Even if he would like to, Trump cannot simply click his fingers and "reopen" the US economy by Easter. The federal government has only issued social distancing recommendations. All of the important restrictions on commerce and social activity have been implemented by state governors and mayors.

As the President rules the airwaves, they are the ones making the big decisions. Life will go back to normal when they want it to.

Matthew Knott is North America correspondent for The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age.

Sydney Morning Herald

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/ ... dreamscape

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:41 am 

Bob Englehart

Dave Whamond

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:39 am 

The "stable genius" talks.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfOQBY5BrUA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE9BXkQ-SRc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:05 am 

Pedro is happy.
Americans will die but richer !

Seriously folks, about time to throw in the garbage that dumbass of President of yours.
Warning to Canadians and Mexicans: Don't let Americans crossed your borders.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 576, 577, 578, 579, 580, 581, 582 ... 584  Next