Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14995 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 555, 556, 557, 558, 559, 560, 561 ... 600  Next
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:00 am 

Dave Whamond

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:20 am 

"Poll numbers have gone through the roof in favor of No Impeachment, especially with Swing States and Independents in Swing States. People have figured out that the Democrats have no case, it is a total Hoax."
(Trump on Twitter 12/13/2019)

Interesting that Trump is incapable of quoting any actual polls or polling organizations that support this statement...

An average of polls gives the following result as of Dec. 12th:
47.5% support impeachment
45.8% don't support impeachment

Civiqs poll Dec. 7th-11th:
50% support impeachment
47% don't support impeachment

Ipsos poll Dec. 9th-10th
45% support impeachment
41% don't support impeachment

Yougov poll Dec. 7th-10th
45% support impeachment
40% don't support impeachment

Since the news of the Ukraine scandal, the support for Trump's impeachment amongst Independents has gone from 33.9% to 43%.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/impeachment-polls/

Last edited by Caputh on Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:20 am 

Caputh wrote:
Interesting that Trump is incapable of quoting any actual polls or polling organizations

It's not that he's incapable of doing so but he prefers as always, lie about it
cause deep down Inside he knows he's an incompetent asshole but, mainly, ke knows that
LYING IS THE ONLY WAY FOR HIM TO LOOK GOOD

He's not religious but he must thanks God each day to have such stupid followers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:51 pm 

Disco Bore is high...

Trumps 2019 budget was 1.25 trillion dollars while Pres Obamas outgoing budget in 2016 was 900 billion.

You're so fucking brainwashed that you don't know how to read. God awful stupid. Christ what a moron.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:33 pm 

Caputh wrote:
"Poll numbers have gone through the roof in favor of No Impeachment, especially with Swing States and Independents in Swing States. People have figured out that the Democrats have no case, it is a total Hoax."

Interesting that Trump is incapable of quoting any actual polls or polling organizations that support this statement...

50% support impeachment

Ipsos poll Dec. 9th-10th
45% support impeachment

45% support impeachment

Since the news of the Ukraine scandal, the support for Trump's impeachment amongst Independents has gone from 33.9% to 43%.

What you CONVENIENTLY left out of the above poll #s, is that Trump was referring to FACT that most poll #s in favour of impeachment over the past few weeks have DECREASED (and for more than obvious reasons). You certainly continue to excel at cherry-picking. :roll:

Tweedle-Dumb-Diane-Bean-Counter wrote:
Disco Bore is high...

Trumps 2019 budget was 1.25 trillion dollars while Pres Obamas outgoing budget in 2016 was 900 billion.

You're so fucking brainwashed that you don't know how to read. God awful stupid. Christ what a moron.

You're somewhat half-decent at cherry-picking. But you're not as good as Caputh is.

Oh well, maybe more meds will help enhance your skills...?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:48 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
Caputh wrote:

50% support impeachment

Ipsos poll Dec. 9th-10th
45% support impeachment

45% support impeachment

What you CONVENIENTLY left out of the above poll #s, is that Trump was referring to FACT that most poll #s in favour of impeachment over the past few weeks have DECREASED (and for more than obvious reasons). You certainly continue to excel at cherry-picking. :roll:

Exactly the opposite is the case.

Since September 28th 2019
nearly all polls show that more Americans are in favour of impeaching Trump than not impeaching him.

Of 115 polls taken since then, 104 show a majority support for impeachment, 10 show a majority for those who do not want to impeach, 1 poll was even.

Giving absolute credence to 10 polls over 104 polls out of 115, as you and Trump appear to do, would seem to me to be the definition of what you call "cherry picking".

In December,
of 10 polls taken, 8 show an increasing majority who support impeachment, 2 show a majority for those who do not want to impeach. Unless you consider 2 to be larger number than 10, your claim...
Disco Boy wrote:
that Trump was referring to FACT that most poll #s in favour of impeachment over the past few weeks have DECREASED

... has no basis in reality.

Giving absolute credence to 2 polls over 8 polls out of 10, as you and Trump appear to do, is also clearly "cherry picking".

On September 29th an average of polls indicated 46.7% supported impeachment, 45.8% did not support impeachment. On December 13th an average of polls indicated 47.7% supported impeachment, 45.7% did not support impeachment. So average numbers for impeachment have increased by 1% since September.

When polling on this subject began on March 1, an average of polls indicated 45% supported impeachment, whereas 45% did not support impeachment.Thus, as of Dec. 13th there has been an increase of 2.7% support for impeachment since March 1.

The low point for support of impeachment was May 1, when only 35.2% supported impeachment and 55.3% did not support impeachment. This means that, as of December 13th, 12.5% more people support impeachment than in May.

Even if we apply your phrase "the last few weeks" (taking the words "the last few weeks" to mean less than a month and more than 2 weeks), your statement is not bourne out: on November 23rd support for impeachment was at 46.3% and 45.6% did not support impeachment. Thus, support for impeachment has increased by 1.4% since Nov. 23rd.

Since November 23rd, support for impeachment among Independents has also gone up from 41% to 42.8%

General support for impeachment has also increased by 0.2% since the 12th of December.

Also...
Disco Boy wrote:
Trump was referring to FACT that most poll #s in favour of impeachment over the past few weeks have DECREASED

... has bugger all to do with what Trump said...

Trump wrote:

... as...

a) Trump refers to poll numbers against impeachment going "through the roof" and you refer to "most poll #s in favour of impeachment" that have "DECREASED".

b) The words "going through the roof" bear no relation to the word "DECREASED".

c) Trump doesn't mention "the last few weeks".

In any case, neither of you has any factual basis for what you claim.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:26 pm 

Here's your moment of Venn:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:50 pm 

Trump has now decided that even FOX is a part of the fake news media. Commenting on a Fox News poll in which 53% stated that they believed that Trump had abused his power, 38% did not, 48% believed that he had obstructed Congress and 34% did not, 45% believed he had committed bribery, 37% did not, https://mobile.twitter.com/SpiroAgnewGh ... 28/photo/1 Trump commented: "The @foxnewPolls always inaccurate, are heavily weighted towards Dems. So ridiculous. Same thing happened in 2016 - they got it all wrong! Get a new pollster!"
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTr ... 4470233088

Still, if the polls don't fit, you can always make up your own ones. Trump put his approval rating today at 51% - without stating a source, probably because there isn't one. Even Rasmussen Reports, consistently more favourable to Trump than any other poll, has him at 47%, with 51% disapproving.

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public ... ullbrowser

Reminds me of someone, I can't think who...

Last edited by Caputh on Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:59 pm 

DB and Trump are in constant communication. Trump gets his numbers from DB who gets it from... well, nobody knows where he gets it

If Obama would have done only 10% of what Trump did you would have heard DB and Pedro whining, and whining, and whining...
So glad JPF isn't here anymore !!!

I can understand that some may adhere to some of the philosphy behind each party but to be blind to this point is way beyond
intelligence and being smart. It's religion.
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:30 pm 

Kevin Siers

Steve Breen

Vladimir Kazanevsky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:56 pm 

Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

You might want to read/view your own link above...because the graphs back up what I'm saying. Admittedly, the poll #s haven't drastically decreased over the past few weeks but they have decreased nonetheless... :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:22 pm 

Trump and his stupid foreign politics
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/17/trump-says-well-take-care-of-it-if-north-korea-restarts-missile-testing

The bully has met his match.
:smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:26 pm 

She did what she had to do
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/pelosi-impeachment-profile-1.5398154

That was her duty. History will remember that.

History will also remember Trump as the asshole he is.
:P

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:47 am 

Nick Anderson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:39 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

You might want to read/view your own link above...because the graphs back up what I'm saying. Admittedly, the poll #s haven't drastically decreased over the past few weeks but they have decreased nonetheless... :roll:

Trump doesn't mention the last few weeks -you did. Trump also talks about the figure against impeachment "going through the roof", you talked about the polls "for impeachment" that had "DECREASED" (you also wrote this word in capitals to indicate that this was a large decrease) - even you now go so far as admit: "the poll #s haven't drastically decreased over the past few weeks.", which does not = "going through the roof".
You thus utterly distort Trump's original tweet.

Even your " nonetheless" is also entirely inaccurate. If you are referring to the past three and a half weeks as being "the last few weeks" (and not the last 11 days, which is less than 2 weeks and thus not a "few" weeks) the figure for approval of impeachment went up and down absolutely minimally, going up 6 times and down 4 times and remaining the same on all other days.

11/21: 46.3% for impeachment
11/22: 46.3% for impeachment (the same)
11/23: 46.3% for impeachment (the same)
11/24: 46.3% for impeachment (the same)
11/25: 48.2% for impeachment (up)
11/26: 48.9% for impeachment (up)
11/27: 48.9% for impeachment (the same)
11/28: 48.9% for impeachment (the same)
11/29: 48.9% for impeachment (the same)
11/30: 48.9% for impeachment (the same)
12/01: 48.9% for impeachment (the same)
12/02: 48.9% for impeachment (the same)
12/03: 48.9% for impeachment (the same)
12/04: 47.8% for impeachment (down)
12/05: 47.8% for impeachment (the same)
12/06: 47.7% for impeachment (down)
12/07: 47.7% for impeachment (the same)
12/08: 47.7% for impeachment (the same)
12/09: 47.9% for impeachment (up)
12/10: 47.7% for impeachment (down)
12/11: 47.4% for impeachment (down)
12/12: 47.5% for impeachment (up)
12/13: 47.7% for impeachment (up)
12/14: 48% for impeachment (up)

On the 21st of November it was at 46.3%, on the 14th of December (when you posted) it was at 48%; so over those "last few" three and a half weeks, from November 21st to December 14th (when you made your post above) it increased by 1.7%.

Taking individual approval ratings from dates over a period of 3 and a half weeks is exactly what you should be calling cherry picking, except I think that this is probably yet another phrase for which you have your own personal definition - one which the rest of the English speaking world is reluctant to share. Would you like me to put a glossary together to help people understand you better?

BTW. according to your definition of the word "misquote", you just "misquoted" me in your quote above - not that I could care, it's just another example of your probably completely naive hypocrisy.

Last edited by Caputh on Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:48 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:52 am 

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I like it, no, I love it when Caputh beats DB with arguments and truths.
In my sense, that's what should be a victory.

As for DB, once again, there's no hope...
He's a complete idiot, or think we are complete idiots.
Either way, it's despicable.

"The only thing more dangerous than ignorance is arrogance"
"The world is not dangerous because of those who do harm but because of those who look at it without doing anything"
A.Einstein
(thanks the Dems, they did something needed)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:45 pm 

Thanks to whistleblowers ! They preserve Democracy
https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/17/politics/donald-trump-politifact-lie-of-the-year/index.html

Even Trump once said that they have to be protected.
But it was before he got caught !

If you want to live in a dictatorship banana republic, vote Trump in 2020.
:P

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:54 pm 

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/474941-trump-calls-for-halt-to-impeachment-in-scathing-letter-to-pelosi-on

"“History will judge you harshly as you proceed with this impeachment charade.”"
(Trump)

Let's pause a minute and have a big laugh against a guy who never opened a book in his life and
therefore not know a tiny bit of History.
But it will preserve him of reading what History will write about him.

And why does he whine ?
He knows that bunch of cowards that act as Republicans in the Senate will go his way anyway.
History will write a chapter about them too...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:12 pm 

It's painfully obvious that Trump is going to be impeached by the House, and will be acquitted in the ensuing Senate trial.

What does this mean?

First of all, it means Trump will still be President. He'll declare victory, and will go on and on about how it was a witch hunt and a hoax. He'll tweet more stuff about how it was a traitorous coup, with lots of photoshopped pictures of Trump crossing the Delaware, raising the flag at Iwo Jima, and walking on the Moon.

Mitch McConnell will go back under his rock and continue what he was doing; expediting the confirmations of Trump's judicial nominees while Hoiuse bills gather dust on his desk.

Everybody in the United States - with the exception of about five people - will breathe a sigh of relief that we won't have to say "President Mike Pence."

And the investigations will go on, as will the lawsuits...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:18 pm 

You could laugh if this was satire - but it's real - what the fuck?

The current rulers of the western world make the rulers of the era of Ragged Trousered Philanthropists seem almost humane and sophisticated.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:23 pm 

Let's not forget there are 14 cases winding there way to court that came out of the Mueller investigation that we have no idea what they are and there potential to give the Cheat-O a problem, many reside in the SDNY where they do not recognize that a sitting President can not be indited... :idea:

Also with 73% of Americans wanting to see the key witness's the White House blocked testify in the Senate, that pressure may make a trial come to pass rather than a simple vote, then the shit can hit the fan... :idea:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:20 pm 

"Do you think Obama seriously wants to be impeached and go through what Bill Clinton did? He would be a mess. He would be thinking about nothing but — it would be a horror show for him. It would be an absolute embarrassment. It would go down on his record permanently." - Donald Trump in 2014 commenting on Fox and Friends.

Joel Pett

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:51 pm 

Trump fears the Court. he did it his whole life
https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/msnbc/watch/msnbc/watch/melber-trump-talks-tough-but-has-been-running-from-his-day-in-court-his-whole-life-75282501614

I wonder why he's so afraid this time ?
His loyal ass-lickers will get him a free pass.
If I was him, I wouldn't worry.
He can do ANYTHING. He'll never have to face the consequences.
And he knows it.

He won't be impeached. And I think that's OK in some ways with the Dems.
They won't have Pence as president till 2020.
Trump could proved to be easier to beat.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:56 pm 

The bully can't help it
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/475068-schiff-trump-comments-about-me-designed-to-be-a-threat

In all those years, he didn't get it. He didn't realize that sometime he'd better keep his mouth shut.
That's the guy in control of all that is USA and can't control himself, even when it's clearly needed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:00 pm 

At the fact-checking game, Trump always lose.
https://nationalpost.com/news/world/donald-trump-impeachment-letter-nancy-pelosi-impeach

It must be hard to keep up with all the lies he's told so far.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14995 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 555, 556, 557, 558, 559, 560, 561 ... 600  Next