Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13699 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 504, 505, 506, 507, 508, 509, 510 ... 548  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 6146
Location: Québec country (let me dream...)
Every time I take time to read your response to DB, it reinforces my will to keep him banned.
You come with strong, irrefutable and unbetable arguments.
You even quote Trump himself.
And you know very well what what will happen. No need to be a psychic here.

DB will come again with his habitual responses that we all know, and that no one here cares about.
And once again, you'll play the role of the knight in shiny armour trying to reason the kid.
Indeed, you must like that joust.
Thanks for doing it but I feel a bit sorry for you cause DB is a lost cause.
He gives Canadians a bad name.
8)

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7668
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
It's about facts, really -less than about DB - he just parrots Trump's latest tweet.
Quoting Trump himself in full context (namely, mainly his tweets, which is all the so-called context he, himself, provides) is laborious, but reveals the true Trump

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7668
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Taint Ripper wrote:
Can’t wait for the IG report. It’s going to take down the Clinton suicide machine and all the other scum bags involved with them.

Happy reading! Put it on the IG report thread. I'm sure millions will reply.
Taint Ripper wrote:
The left constantly uses "what aboutisms" but when the coin is flipped on them even one time they cry about it for days.


That's two "what aboutisms" in one day!

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 6146
Location: Québec country (let me dream...)
An IG report...
https://www.msnbc.com/deadline-white-house/watch/new-ig-report-refutes-trump-s-claims-that-comey-leaked-classified-information-67788357893

“And to all those who’ve spent two years talking about me ‘going to jail’ or being a ‘liar and a leaker’—ask yourselves why you still trust people who gave you bad info for so long, including the president.”

OK, I have the choice of trusting Trump, or trusting Comey...
Which one has the reputation of telling the Truth...Hummmm....
No contest here. I'll take Comey's word over Trump anytime.
What crime did he do ?
Comey wanted to protect USA from a bad President. No bad here for me.
Reminds me that last year some papers about a South Korea accord disappeared before Trump could laid eyes on them.
And that was the thing to do. Otherwise there would be no Americans Force on South Korean soil to keep an eye on Kim.
Oh, I forgot... Another love affair... silly me.
:smoke:

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 6146
Location: Québec country (let me dream...)
Open that revolving door open wide cause more are leaving...
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2019/aug/30/trump-ousts-personal-assistant-for-talking-to-the-press-live-news
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/30/trumps-personal-assistant-fired-ivanka-tiffany-1479226

Must not be fun to work with Trump and GOP.
Though the personal assistant should have shut up to keep his job. Maybe she wanted out ?!?
:P

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5487
Location: Vancouver, BC
Caputh wrote:
It's about facts, really -less than about DB - he just parrots Trump's latest tweet.
Quoting Trump himself in full context (namely, mainly his tweets, which is all the so-called context he, himself, provides) is laborious, but reveals the true Trump


Not only does your idiosyncratic long-ass-winded post go nowhere and does not detract from anything I've stated (as usual), but you still do not realize what a figure of speech is. Not to mention, your arithmetic skills are laughable.

Trump has been in office for 31 months, that's roughly 135 weeks. Also, the Department of Homeland Security reported that since 2017, there have been over 4,000 murders, 30,000 sexual assaults and 100,000 violent assaults committed by illegals against American citizens.

Once again, you're a fucking idiot.

Good night. :smoke:

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:01 pm
Posts: 2856
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 6146
Location: Québec country (let me dream...)
It's always a pinch of fresh air when I read about Trump declining in polls
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/08/28/trumps-worst-poll-yet/

I know it's only polls, and they've been wrong before, and that 2020 is still far ahead...
Nevertheless, it's a joyful reading
:smoke:

RON ROGERS
Image

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 34176
Location: >>==> Wellington New Zealand
Donald Trump gets strange statue in Melania's homeland of Slovenia
08:19, Aug 31 2019

There's no mistaking it depicts Donald Trump: a large wooden statue of the US president has been erected in Slovenia, the homeland of his wife Melania.

The nearly eight-metre high construction shows Trump with his trademark hair style, blue suit, white shirt and a long red tie. His right arm - fist clenched - is raised high like that of New York's Statue of Liberty.

When triggered, a mechanism opens a red-painted mouth and shark-like teeth appear.

Image
Darko Bandic/AP
Creator Tomaz Schlegl says the Trump statue has two face: 'One is humane and nice, the other is that of a vampire.'

"Like all populists, the statue has two faces," its creator, Tomaz Schlegl, said. "One is humane and nice, the other is that of a vampire."

The monument was built on private property among the lush greens and rolling hills of the sleepy village of Sela pri Kamniku, some 30 kilometres northeast of the Slovenian capital, Ljubljana.

The statue has a temporary permit and has to be removed by October 31. Some local villagers, unhappy with its appearance, suggest torching it that day.

"I thought it will be a sculpture, one statue," said Stane Supar, who owns land where it stands. "But now this huge thing has grown, and everyone tells me it's a provocation."

Image
AP
The temporary monument was built on private property near the sleepy village of Sela pri Kamniku.

​Schlegel, an architect, defended his project, saying it is "provocation against populism that the world is full of".

"It is the Statue of Liberty, which no-one today knows what it represents," he said. "The pose is that of Superman. He can do and say whatever he wants without consequences."

Two American tourists came on Friday to this remote corner of Slovenia after hearing about the statue.

"It seems like a really unusual location for a piece of art like this," said Eddie Flawer from Santa Rosa, CA.

"I'm not very fond of Donald Trump and I didn't know what to make of his hand up and doing the salute and the spikes coming out of the top of his head," Flawer said.

"But maybe it's a metaphor of the Statue of Liberty which would make some sense since he seems to be doing everything in his power to negate the beauty and the spirit of the Statue of Liberty."

Image
Darko Bandic/AP
The statue is said to be modelled on the Statue of Liberty.

It's not the first time in Slovenia that a member of the Trump family has been carved in wood.

A life-size sculpture of the US first lady was unveiled in her hometown of Sevnica in June, drawing mixed reactions from the locals.

The rustic figure was cut from the trunk of a linden tree, showing her in a pale blue dress like the one she wore at Donald Trump's presidential inauguration. Her face is depicted in a naive local style.

The first lady, born Melanija Knavs, changed her name to Melania Knauss when she started modelling. She settled in New York in 1996 and met Trump two years later.​


AAP

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/11 ... f-slovenia


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7668
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:
Caputh wrote:
It's about facts, really -less than about DB - he just parrots Trump's latest tweet.
Quoting Trump himself in full context (namely, mainly his tweets, which is all the so-called context he, himself, provides) is laborious, but reveals the true Trump


Not only does your idiosyncratic long-ass-winded post go nowhere and does not detract from anything I've stated (as usual), but you still do not realize what a figure of speech is. Not to mention, your arithmetic skills are laughable.

Trump has been in office for 31 months, that's roughly 135 weeks. Also, the Department of Homeland Security reported that since 2017, there have been over 4,000 murders, 30,000 sexual assaults and 100,000 violent assaults committed by illegals against American citizens.

Once again, you're a fucking idiot.

Good night. :smoke:


So, oh genius, was the former President of Mexico also utterly misunderstanding Trump when he told him, "I'm not paying for your fucking wall"? Did he too, fail to understand that, all the time, the Orange one wasn't talking about actual money from Mexico, but using figures of speech?
Former Trump groupie, Ann Coulter also seems to have failed to pick up on his figures of speech: "He lied", she says.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... l-funding/

Perhaps they were confused by statements like... “It’s an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion." (March, 2016)
https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf
Is that a "figurative", one-time payment of $5-10 billion?



So, oh genius, the fact that Trump has been in office for 31 months means that he has built a mile of wall per week, which means that the wall is 135 miles long - because you say so?
BTW, shouldn't the number now be 172 miles as you've been posting the same number since January 2019?
BTW, as he only began building prototypes in October of 2017 shouldn't you take off approximately 40 weeks, i.e. 40 miles of length of "wall"?
Since your maths skills are so in advance of mine, could you give a date for when Trump will have completed the wall?


In actual fact...
"Before Trump became president, 654 miles of the nearly 2,000-mile U.S. Mexico border had primary barriers. As of today, that hasn’t increased.
To date, the administration has replaced about 60 miles of dilapidated barriers with new fencing. And a major component of Trump’s pledge — that Mexico would pay for the wall — hasn’t been part of the equation. U.S. taxpayers have paid the cost."
(https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... ally-been/ - August 30th 2019)



So, oh genius, as you don't (as usual) provide a link, I'm assuming that your numbers on illegal immigrant crime come from here...

"In the last two years, ICE officers made 266,000 arrests of aliens with criminal records including those charged or convicted of 100,000 assaults, 30,000 sex crimes, and 4,000 violent killings. Over the years, thousands of Americans have been brutally killed by those who illegally entered our country and thousands more lives will be lost if we don’t act right now." (Trump, January 2019)
https://web.archive.org/web/20150816161 ... ion-reform


These numbers are bollocks because...

a) "There is no national database that compares crimes committed by immigration status. In fact, only one state – Texas – does so."

b) "Trump doesn’t include a comparison to the general population’s crime rates, and the numbers Trump cited are arrests, meaning all did not result in convictions. Of those charges over eight years, 238 undocumented immigrants were convicted of homicide, 13,559 for assault, 1,689 for sexual assault and 1,280 for weapons."

c) "Undocumented immigrants are about half as likely to be incarcerated as native-born Americans and legal immigrants are about 80 percent less likely than native-born Americans."

d) "[T]he president is likely gleaning numbers from data released by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) that summarizes arrests of immigrants who are released into their custody and then removed from the country. But the information Trump appears to be using does not make clear what year the arrests were made, when the crimes were actually committed, and combines charges with convictions."

e) "The 266,000 arrests of undocumented immigrants with criminal records over the past two years that Trump mentioned is a number that mainly includes immigrants who were convicted of crimes in the past, and perhaps served jail time before they were released into ICE custody."

f) "According to the ICE data, over the past two years, there were nearly 4,000 arrests made for people charged and convicted of homicide among immigrants released into ICE custody for deportation -- but the homicides could’ve been committed over any number of years.
For comparison, just in 2017, a total of 16,446 people were murdered in the U.S., according to the FBI."

g) "The same unclear time frame applies to the president’s number on assaults, which likely stems from the nearly 50,000 people released into ICE custody in 2017 and 2018, who had been either charged or convicted for such crimes -- but who could have committed their crimes years ago."

h) "As for the president’s statement on sex crimes, those same ICE reports do not show 30,000. Even when combining the number from the ICE reports on sexual assaults with the separate category of sex offenses, that total comes to around 22,000."

Conclusion: "What available studies do show, however, is that overall, crime rates are lower among immigrant groups than they are among native-born Americans."
(Source: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fact-ch ... d=60311860)

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Last edited by Caputh on Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 6146
Location: Québec country (let me dream...)
Told you, Caputh !
A lost cause. DB is too brainwashed to even consider he's not.
Too stubborn to even consider he may be wrong.
Too one-sided to even consider anything that could contradict his wrong perceptions.
And it takes a man to admit he's wrong.
DB will stay a kid forever.
:P

And it's not over yet... In fact, with DB, it's never over.

Anyway, the fight now is about Trump. I'll let him rot.
:smoke:

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 6146
Location: Québec country (let me dream...)
It's always fun to see Trump in a bad position
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/31/politics/trump-democrat-matchups-analysis/index.html

I like that:
"Trump's approval rating has been consistently below his disapproval rating"

Hope it'll stay that way
:smoke:

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 6146
Location: Québec country (let me dream...)
14 (recent) reasons not to vote for Trump
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/08/31/here-are-reasons-ill-vote-any-democrat-over-trump/

Only a Trump's ass-kisser would deny that it's all true.
:P

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 6146
Location: Québec country (let me dream...)
Trump lied about the trade war ? Put in on the pile...
https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/trump-lied-about-trade-war-to-boost-markets-cnn-may-fall-on-deaf-ears-2019-8-1028489021

"...his bluster may soon start falling on 'deaf ears'"

This is the work of "STABLE GENIUS"
Who hasn't got a clue of what's going on in this World since day 1.
:P :smoke:

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5487
Location: Vancouver, BC
Caputh,

FAKE NEWS sources like ABC News and politifact are not even remotely credible sources (ROTFLMFAO! :mrgreen: ). However, the numbers I've presented are from the Department of Homeland Security. And even if their #s are not exact (which is difficult because they're always changing), THE POINT here is that there is a major illegal immigration problem that has to be rectified and a wall is definitely needed. Btw, some of the links you provided actually help prove some of my points regarding his figurative speech. Also, your arithmetic skills are still incredibly bad...


ONE. MORE. TIME. FOR. THE. WORLD.:


Not only does your idiosyncratic long-ass-winded post go nowhere and does not detract from anything I've stated (as usual), but you still do not realize what a figure of speech is. Not to mention, your arithmetic skills are laughable.

Trump has been in office for 31 months, that's roughly 135 weeks. Also, the Department of Homeland Security reported that since 2017, there have been over 4,000 murders, 30,000 sexual assaults and 100,000 violent assaults committed by illegals against American citizens.

Once again, you're a fucking idiot.

Good night. :smoke:

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 6146
Location: Québec country (let me dream...)
Farmers losing in that stupid trade war by the "STABLE GENIUS"
https://www.msnbc.com/the-beat-with-ari/watch/farmers-rips-trump-trade-we-ve-lost-everything-since-he-took-over-67894853840
https://www.msnbc.com/the-beat-with-ari/watch/farmers-trump-s-trade-war-leaves-industry-worse-not-better-67671109644

Hope they'll remember in 2020. I would...
:P

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:01 pm
Posts: 2856
Mij wrote:


I often ask him to stabilise his genius :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7668
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:
Caputh,

FAKE NEWS sources like ABC News and politifact are not even remotely credible sources (ROTFLMFAO! :mrgreen: ). However, the numbers I've presented are from the Department of Homeland Security. And even if their #s are not exact (which is difficult because they're always changing), THE POINT here is that there is a major illegal immigration problem that has to be rectified and a wall is definitely needed. Btw, some of the links you provided actually help prove some of my points regarding his figurative speech. Also, your arithmetic skills are still incredibly bad...


ONE. MORE. TIME. FOR. THE. WORLD.:


Not only does your idiosyncratic long-ass-winded post go nowhere and does not detract from anything I've stated (as usual), but you still do not realize what a figure of speech is. Not to mention, your arithmetic skills are laughable.

Trump has been in office for 31 months, that's roughly 135 weeks. Also, the Department of Homeland Security reported that since 2017,
Once again, you're a fucking idiot.

Good night. :smoke:


Ah, so when Taint Ripper quoted the politifact lie of the year for 2013 above, namely...
Taint Ripper wrote:
You want lies? Here's one of the biggest ever...

PolitiFact has named "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," the Lie of the Year for 2013.

he was quoting a source that we should not believe at all.

Instead, with no outside evidence for where he's getting it from, we should believe Disco Boy on claims such as "Trump's wall must be 135 miles long, because he's been in office for a 135 weeks", despite the fact that DB began making the 135 mile claim 9 months ago and there is absolutely no logic behind it, apparently because he has superior mathematical abilities.

Also we should believe DB and Trump's claim that Department of Homeland Security figures reveal "...there have been over 4,000 murders, 30,000 sexual assaults and 100,000 violent assaults committed by illegals against American citizens"
...even though they don't, as both DB and Trump
- conflate arrests with convictions
- ignore the fact that the figure of 30,000 sexual assaults isn't even given in the ICE report and was a complete fabrication by Trump
- ignore the fact that ICE report does not take into account when the offences were committed.
Here's the ICE report...
https://www.ice.gov/doclib/about/office ... Report.pdf

He also fails to understand that after Trump's completely specific original demand for “It’s an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion," (March, 2016) was turned down by Mexico, Trump, increasingly under pressure to deliver on his promise , was desperately looking for an excuse. Both he and his acolyte therefore landed up last week with the truly pathetic excuse that this promise was a "figure of speech".

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7668
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
For once, I agree with you.

What it also shows is politifacts even-handedness in reaching a judgment.

DB's quandary is that now Trump has effectively excluded Fox as a reliable news source for his supporters ("I don't want to Win for myself, I only want to Win for the people. The New @FoxNews is letting millions of GREAT people down! We have to start looking for a new News Outlet. Fox isn't working for us anymore!"), there are almost no sites or news sources that he can link to that are not positively whacko. So he doesn't post links to anything at all and relies on Trump's tweets and pronouncements.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7668
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
What are your main sources for news then, as a matter of interest?

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 6780
Location: Over there! (last)
Caputh wrote:
What are your main sources for news then, as a matter of interest?
Trolls don't need sources, and in the case of the two trolls posting to this topic, they merely wish to provoke, rather than inform. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 6146
Location: Québec country (let me dream...)
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Caputh wrote:
What are your main sources for news then, as a matter of interest?
Trolls don't need sources, and in the case of the two trolls posting to this topic, they merely wish to provoke, rather than inform. :(


Truth !
Only posting opinions with the habitual blahblahblah.
No proofs.

:smoke:

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 6146
Location: Québec country (let me dream...)
OK, let's forget DB and JPF...back to the real world...

Trump ordered firms to ditch China
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/01/trump-ordered-us-firms-to-ditch-china-but-many-already-have.html

Some did, and some simply can't.
40% of labors done from other east area countries don't meet american standards.
Labor is cheaper there, like in China.
If the firms won't go there, they will have to go elsewhere where it's not that cheap.
Bottom line, it may cost the same as if it was made in China.
And Americans will pay more.
PAY MORE , SELL LESS should be the next motto of GOP for 2020
:smoke:

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 6146
Location: Québec country (let me dream...)
"STABLE GENIUS" leading to a recession year...
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/09/01/trump-china-trade-war-tariffs-take-effect-toomey-sot-ip-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/top-news-videos/

Even diapers will cost more ?
:mrgreen: :P



About 2/3 of Americans will pay more
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/trump-tariffs-chinese-import-take-effect-1.5267234
Isn't it fun to be Americans these days ?
:mrgreen: :P



And a recession would hurt the Senate
https://www.businessinsider.com/trumps-trade-wars-could-cost-republicans-senate-majority-2019-8

That would be two in two for Trump, House and Senate !
And Trump is calling himself a "winner" ?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 6146
Location: Québec country (let me dream...)
Bombing an hurricane... Another Trump's idiocy
https://www.wired.com/story/internet-week-235/

The kind of idea a 4 years old may have while playing in his sandbox
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Honestly, don't let him have his ways. The nuclear reaction would reach Canada.
Gosh, that may be one in the top 10 of all the stupid ideas he had so far.
And its reign is not over yet....
:P :P :P

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13699 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 504, 505, 506, 507, 508, 509, 510 ... 548  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group